Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Thailand

Have any of you gone there for the sex tourism? Are most of the whores women? Is there a stigma for prostitution in Thailand?

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2014

Have not gone there for sex tourism, but it's very easy to find.

PLENTY of rent boys. If you're into asian twinks, it's like being at sxcual Golden Coral. Just fill up your plate. Tons of "go go bars" where they basically just display the boys for your consumption. You pay a fee to the bar and then you must agree to pricing and what you want to do and then take the boy out.

Not a stigma in Thailand as it seems a big part of the economy, but it's still a very exploitive industry, even with Thailand's regulation.

I was staying a nice four star hotel, and when I checked in the bellboy assumed since I was traveling alone that I was a sex tourist and kept trying to sell me a girl for the night.

One night I got lost in the crazy alleys of Bangkok and had no idea where I was or how to get back to my hotel, this was about 2am. The only people I could find who could help me, were the touts (pimps) for a seedy little gay go go bar that was still open. (They were very sweet though)

Also massages are basically a fancy way to get a t least a handjob or more if you pay extra.

If you're looking for beefy men, you'll have to look real hard.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2013

I went to Thailand for business. I had to be there for 5 months. I was very upset by what I saw in the streets and alleys of Bangkok. The name of the city is quite appropriate, since I witnessed numerous twelve and thirteen year old boys getting banged and sucking cock every weekend. A Dominican coworker of mine was with me and he gave into tempation. He had anal sex with a Thai twink and contracted herpes shortly thereafter. It blew my mind to think that a twelve year old boy had an STD and was spreading it. Creepy and sad.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2013

Whoring is legal but regulated?

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2013

R2, your friend had sex with a 12 year old boy? Nasty.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2013

r2 you think sex workers don't carry STDs?

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2013

R2 said it was a coworker. Just because he had an answer to the question is no reason to get all judgey on him.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2013

R6, you're right, it was a coworker. I was judging the coworker, not R2. That coworker is clearly a pederast/pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2013

OK, so he didn't use a condom with a pro?

Let's be honest, have the population of many states, have herpes.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2013

R2, your co-worker told you he contracted herpes? hmmm...i would never tell my co-workers that.

are you sure you ain't the "Dominican coworker"?

well, whatever. you get trash when you sleep with trash.

I think singapore is another country where whoring is legal too. whores gotta register with the govt. however, lots of women from china will come to singapore on tourist visas and work as whores which they aren't allowed to, since they're only supposed to be tourists.

yes, thailand = ladyboys, thailand = cheap whores. cheap whores = STDs

they will try to tell you "sob stories" too, their mom need $ for operation etc. all bs just to get $ from you.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2013

I have never been to Thailand, but given what is known about it, it sounds like Hell on earth. The sex trade in that country feeds from countless destitute people who sell themselves and their own children for next to nothing, and there are some pretty horrible things going on.

No matter how beautiful the country might be, I'd rather visit a place that isn't governed by a bunch of creepy, greedy freaks who keep their people in misery, and allow terrible forms of exploitation to flourish.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2013

It's not that poor anymore so sex tourism is not that prevalent.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2013

Wow! R2, that is sick! I once watched a documentary on children who are prostitutes. They come from extremely poor families who live in shacks who need money or they are orphans. They toured the South East Asian countries of Thailand, Bali, and many other nations. They went to the Philippians. They said the prostitution went as young as babies. Some people pay to have sex in those countries to have sex even with babies which is mind blowing! sick! Also, many of these nations thrive in their economies from sex workers children and adult. They said they get a lot of American pedophiles flying to those countries to have sex with children, and they said even get congress men from the United States who go to these countries to have sex with children.

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2013

You can get Asian twinks very easily for free in the US, why go to Thailand and pay for them?

by Anonymousreply 1311/10/2013

Do most Thais live in rural villages or cities? How would you describe the standard of living there?

by Anonymousreply 1411/10/2013

[quote]they will try to tell you "sob stories" too, their mom need $ for operation etc. all bs just to get $ from you.

Or they are genuinely desperate, which is why most people turn to sex for money to begin with.

Why would you doubt their sob stories?

by Anonymousreply 1511/10/2013

I thought Thailand was a nice place to visit, R10. These days, however, I'd be leery of visiting there as an older single male for fear that I'd be profiled as a potential pervert on return to the States.

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2013

R15 was born yesterday

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2013

[quote]Do most Thais live in rural villages or cities? How would you describe the standard of living there?

For westerners the cost of living is pretty cheap, which is why you'll find a huge ex-pat community there (besides all the cheap sex) Also it's a big place for medical tourism. Dental and cosmetic surgery is relatively cheap there.

From what I have been told, the rural areas are VERY rural. The "boys" do come out of the farm areas to make a living in the go go bars during high season and send the money back home. In the spring they go back home and work on the farm.

Bangkok itself is like living in Blade Runner, although not quite as peaceful and organized. EVERYONE from all over the country comes there to make money and everything and everyone is for sale. It's a huge mall basically. It's capitalism gone amok. Way amok.

Not sure where your friend found under age whores, but the Thai gov't, as corrupt as it is, comes down very hard on anyone hiring under age prosties. They're trying to change their rep as the world capital for cheap under age whores.

Now there is a fine male whore house with body builders who are a little older and cost a bit more and that is one FUN bar to hang out in.

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2013

[quote]Way amok.

Yeah, that's it. The name of the twelve-year-old with herpes.

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2013

[R:9] '...when you sleep with 'trash'...?'

Perhaps you meant '...'exploited child trapped in a cycle of poverty and abuse'.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2013

Given that the Dominican Republic is also a major destination for pedo sex tourists, I can see how your Dominican coworker thought nothing of renting a twelve-year-old Thai boy.

There are plenty of parents pimping out their children in the U.S., infants included, but it's usually done via Craigslist rather than in a centralized red light district.

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2013

I saw some documentary on the Thai sex trade. The mother told her 10 daughter that "num-num" aka blowjob was like sucking her thumb. "Boom-Boom" was fucking.

by Anonymousreply 2211/10/2013

One thing that struck me in Thailand: there is so little stigma attached to transsexuality/ transvestism. I've been to numerous Asian countries, but never one where I've seen so many people whose sex and/or gender I couldn't place even after a discreet second stare.

Obvious FTMs (pre- or post-op, who knows) are all over the malls, the public transport, and no one pays any attention. I was fascinated.

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2013

R22, do you recall the name of that documentary?

by Anonymousreply 2411/10/2013

Ditto it's the mecca of Asian twinks, also transwomen are quite popular, they are beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 2501/28/2014

I love how everyone rushed to judge R2('s co-worker) for sleeping with an underaged kid, but no one had a problem with R9 calling the kid "trash".

by Anonymousreply 2601/28/2014

The BBC did a documentary a little while ago called Stacey Dooley Investigates: sex trafficking in Cambodia. I know it's a different country but the reasons why people get involved are the same. Although it dealt mainly with female sex workers, it was pretty shocking. Some of them were only 12 or 13 when they started and were often pimped by family members, with their virginity being auctioned to the highest bidder. I think it's a worth a look to find out the truth about what goes on with prostitution in a lot of these S.E Asian countries.

by Anonymousreply 2701/28/2014

Good one R9 - you described a child prostitute as trash. It's really sad that children are forced into this kind if life.

You too OP. Your co-worker is a paedophile. You think that as this is not a first world country, it doesn't matter?

(I shouldn't bite.. unfortunately the datalounge attracts a certain number of morons and arseholes. The OP and R9 have both attributes.)

by Anonymousreply 2801/28/2014

Sorry OP. I meant R2, not you.

R2, though you sound disapproving of your co-worker, I don't understand why you would refer to 12 year old as a "twink".

by Anonymousreply 2901/28/2014

Lots of stupid posters

by Anonymousreply 3001/28/2014

I thought Num Num and Boom Boom were the names of baby pandas.

by Anonymousreply 3101/28/2014

So don't come down too hard on me for asking this, but I just need to know...

The "pickins" are so easy there that I can stay at a 4 star hotel (Thai 4 star or US 4 star - just asking) and have the deskclerk there just ask me if I want a boy? Like room service?

OK, I like a nice hand job, blow job, happy ending massage anytime, and a vacation filled with such sounds great.

So here's what you'll starting getting outraged by: If I am treating that 12-15 year old with respect, and paying (and tipping) well for a service, I am a pervert, pedo sex-tourist, etc?

And I am serious about the question/situation I describe. Never had an incling here in Manhattan to seek something out like that.

Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 3201/28/2014

R32,

Hilarious.

If you truly aren't joking .... Of course sexual contact with a 12 year old is paedophilia. Do you think it doesn't count just because the boy would be Asian?

by Anonymousreply 3401/28/2014

What can I get fo' 10 Dolla? Any STD You WANT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2014

[R34] Didn't just mean that the boy was Asian it was OK. What i tried to get across and must have done a lousy job is, that I have never had a preteen fantasy (except when I was one), have never gone trolling for one (again except when I was one - just kidding) and when I am presented the opportunity, it's wrong, even in a country where it is acceptable?

Since I'll never be heading there it's all a moot point. I guess I was just wondering the "wrongness" of it.

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2014

Of course it would be wrong because the person in question would be a child. (It is against the law there and the opposite of socially acceptable but that's far from the main point).

Doesn't it bother you that you wish to have sex with a child? I don't want to call you a paedophile but some would.

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2014

I've lived and worked here for 2 years now. If sex tourism is your thing you can certainly find your distraction- however the country has an awful lot more to offer.

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2014
Need more help? Click Here.