Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Batshit crazy spinster twin hoarders almost kill someone.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Jesus fucking CHRIST.

Watch the show. I feel like I need to take a swim in sheep dip.

by Anonymousreply 4311/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2013

I can only echo you, OP: Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2013

I just watched this episode..there's a marathon on TLC right now.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2013

I just finished watching this episode, too. The show implies that their brother's death (he was killed in Vietnam when they were 10 years old) did something to unhinge them, resulting in their bizarre hoarding behavior. At any rate, I have zero sympathy for them. They lived in a house; they ruined it, and were evicted. They moved into another house, the house that's featured on the show, and they destroyed that, too. It was so far gone one of the cleaning helpers fell though the rotted floor. At the end of the episode they've used their pension fund or something to buy ANOTHER house. No doubt they will eventually demolish that one, too. Fuck these old bats! They're beyond help.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2013

Isn't there some type of background check when you buy a home? I find it ridiculous that you can purchase a home, destroy it and them simply buy another to do the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2013

"I don't like the carpeting. I like hardwood floors."

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2013

Where the hell does all their money come from? I wish I could afford a fucking house to destroy!

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2013

I too was truly amazed to hear at the end that the batty sisters had come into possession of another house. How the hell did THAT happen? I wanted some more details, but no information was forthcoming. It seemed to me that they should have been housed in some kind of controlled environment, since obviously they were incapable of caring for themselves without living in filth and destroying their property. Where was Adult Protective Services?Anyway, it's a damn shame. That poor house will be a ruin in a few years. What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2013

Not only the house but the fucking NEIGHBORHOOD they are living in will suffer from their fucking hoarding.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2013

Did anyone see the bathtub full of FECES?!? These chicks are way beyond helping,they need to be in a controlled setting.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2013

These women are profoundly mentally ill. They don't understand that their behavior is destructive. They don't do this on purpose. They need someone like a social worker checking in on them a couple of times per week, but we are not willing as a society to pay for social services like that. So, they continue in their untreated mental illness and, yes, their neighbors pay the price.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2013

I was so pissed when I saw they had cats. The spinsters can rot in their own filth for all I care, but it's a whole different situation when you involve innocent animals.

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2013

they need to be medicated, adn possibly, institutionalized. they are not capable of caring for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2013

I really feel for these people. I can't even imagine what sort of mental/emotional state you'd have to be in to let your home become that unlivable. That said, at least they didn't have hundreds of pack rats the size of house cats running through the mounds of stuff like one other hoarder did.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2013

[quote]Isn't there some type of background check when you buy a home? I find it ridiculous that you can purchase a home, destroy it and them simply buy another to do the same thing.

When you buy something, it belongs to you & you can do as you please with it. So long as you don't endanger the neighborhood (which these poor women probably did), & if the house isn't collateral for a loan (as houses usually are), why should you be prevented from destroying your own property?

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2013

[quote]It was so far gone one of the cleaning helpers fell though the rotted floor.

Holy shit. Was the person injured?

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2013

I'm not exactly a neat freak, but my god. That's fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2013

I wonder who comes up with the idea for shows like these and why they're popular. Does it make people feel better about their own lives of "quiet desperation" to watch these freak shows?

by Anonymousreply 1811/09/2013

Yes, R18, it does. It also keeps me motivated to tidy up.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2013

haha me too, R19. Or rationalize not cleaning up because it's not THAT bad.

by Anonymousreply 2011/09/2013

Sometimes I think these episodes are fiction, because I don't understand why these hoarder people allow the cameras in. I'd be mortified.

Not to say, hoarders don't exist. They very definitely do, but are they so mentally ill that they don't give a fuck that the whole world is watching?

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2013

"Holy shit. Was the person injured?"

I don't think the person was seriously injured. But it showed once and for all that the house was a total loss.

I'm still wondering how those crazy old bags were able to get another house. It just seems inconceivable to be that they would be able to do that. No doubt they'll start filling it up with garbage and start pooping in the shower (there was no bathtub) and wallowing in filth like usual. I feel sorry for the neighbors and any animals that these two nuts get their hands on.

by Anonymousreply 2211/09/2013

R21, a couple of years ago, approximately 2,000 rats were taken from one of the houses featured on the "Hoarders" TV show. They were brought to a rescue facility in the San Francisco Bay Area that I'm familiar with -- I visited the rats there & they were nice little critters, fastidiously clean, sweet & affectionate. At least that particular episode dealt with real life.

by Anonymousreply 2311/09/2013

Do you mean pet rats, R23? I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 2411/09/2013

I don't know, R23. The fact that they took 2,000 rats to a rescue facility makes me wonder if they're not special actor rats or something. I mean, why not dispose of them?

by Anonymousreply 2511/09/2013

I saw that rat hoarder episode. they were all from the same like four rat parents so they all had the same rat inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 2611/10/2013

Oddly enough, my dad's hoarding tendencies decreased when he was prescribed Lexapro.

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2013

These women are subhuman, very mentally disturbed. Hoarders need to be institutionalized, not have tv shows featuring them for us normal people to gawk at. This is so awful.

by Anonymousreply 2811/10/2013

[quote]The fact that they took 2,000 rats to a rescue facility makes me wonder if they're not special actor rats or something. I mean, why not dispose of them?

The rats are animals, not garbage to "dispose of". Authorities called a rescue group (North Star), which removed the rats & arranged for them to be neutered & cared for while being offered for adoption as pets. An unusually happy ending for animals involved in hoarding situations.

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2013

r28 Nothing much changes. Back in the day,In England, well-heeled, upper crust types could take "tours" of insane asylums, to marvel at the wretchedness and squalor.

by Anonymousreply 3011/10/2013

It is obvious that these women are mentally retarded. They should be in a state mental institution where they can be supervised like children.

by Anonymousreply 3111/10/2013

Don't say "batshit" .. it makes no sense and makes you seem crazy.

by Anonymousreply 3211/10/2013

[quote] why should you be prevented from destroying your own property?

Because it attracts vermin. It is also a firetrap. If there was a fire or medical emergency, it would endanger any would-be rescuers. The fire dept can't say "Ew, gross! we're not going in there!"

The libertarian argument are so facile and ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 3311/10/2013

Where the hell did the twins get the money to afford multiple houses and all of the shit purchased to fill them up? These women were unemployed after having been laid off from bakery jobs that couldn't have paid more than minimum wage. Some enabling family member was obviously providing financial assistance.

by Anonymousreply 3411/10/2013

A lot of these homes have to be condemned. They are absolutely real and the hoarders are OBVIOUSLY mentally ill. We're talking about places that have been trashed for decades, the home structure is falling apart. Typically someone agrees to do the show because they have run out of options and have nowhere else to go. It's free assistance plus aftercare. If you had a house with about 50 dumpsters worth of garbage in it, dead animals and feces, and the city is ready to condemn the place, what are you going to do?

by Anonymousreply 3511/10/2013

These hoarder shows have been going on for what five years or so? A&E has a similar series. BBC started a new one last season. I think this will only get worse with the abundance of cheap or free crap and so many people cut off from social interaction. Was it here I saw a thread about renovations being slowed down and as a result made more costly in a huge apartment building in Manhattan because of hoarding? This is just the tip of the iceberg.

by Anonymousreply 3611/10/2013

[quote] These women were unemployed after having been laid off from bakery jobs that couldn't have paid more than minimum wage

They worked there for 34 years, so I doubt they were making minimum wage. They also used a pension payout to buy the latest house, so their bakery job my likely have been a union gig.

by Anonymousreply 3711/10/2013

My mom is a cat hoarder. She has 13 in her 2 bedroom apartment. They all get along and she changes their cat boxes about 10 times a day. The least little thing and she takes them to the vet but Christ 13 cats. She lives in an apartment complex and people routinely move away abandoning their cats. God it just really disturbs me. I asked her to watch a show about a women who has a lot of cats, didn't tell her it was about hoarding, she said the woman was mentally I'll. The other day I asked her how many cats she has, she replied 9. I said I counted 13 and she glared at me. She takes good care of them and they're happy and healthy but it's still hoarding.

by Anonymousreply 3811/10/2013

The crazy twins were not pleased about the fact that their new home had no bathtub, just a shower stall. I guess they would have preferred having a bathtub in which to put garbage and poop in like they did with their old one.

These shows make me angry. Because although most of them end up with the hoarders or hoarders not being homeless it's obvious that the mental condition that made them destroy their surroundings is still in effect. This twins episode particularly galled me; these two wackos should NOT have allowed to take possession of a house! They'd already destroyed TWO of them. They did not deserve to have another one. They should have been place in some kind of assisted living facility where they would be monitored and cared for. On their own, these two women are disasters.

by Anonymousreply 3911/10/2013

And they filled both the car and the van with shit.

by Anonymousreply 4011/10/2013

Bless your mom, R38.

by Anonymousreply 4111/11/2013

I know you're right R41 but she's 84 years old.

by Anonymousreply 4211/11/2013

That makes me feel better about my messy table.

by Anonymousreply 4311/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!