Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Good Lord'amighty

I made hummus at home for the first time today - delish! Unfortunately I now smell like I just got off the bus from Istanbul. I STINK to high heaven. I know my body has to break this down - any way to speed it up?

I have an important meeting in the a.m. and don't want to reek. Man I stink!

And it's hard to resist the leftovers!

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2013

Eat lemon. Did you use garlic and cumin?

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2013

Honey, yes. I made about a quart of the stuff! Used 8 or 9 fat cloves of garlic and about a teaspoon of cumin. I almost have an itchy feeling in my face from all the garlic. Yet, I cannot stop eating this. WTF

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2013

I want to eat it with a spoon!

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2013

Drink bleach, it's the only way to get rid the odor in a hurry.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2013

You may sweat both of them out through tomorrow. Cumin is one of the smelliest things that comes out of our pores.

Wash your hands with lemon juice and salt. It may help a little. Wait until you're done touching it.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2013

"Cumin is one of the smelliest things that comes out of our pores."

I've found that it doesn't smell as strong once you get off your needs.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2013

R6, "off your needs"?

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2013

I know all about this. A few things:

WATER Drink lots and lots of water to flush yourself. If you can eat grapes (watermelon if it was still summer!), those help to flush.

DIGESTION To pass through your system quickly, you need to increase the flow of poop. Drink Emergen-C (1-2 daily), drink veggie / fruit smoothies, eat lots of veggies and salads. Beets are excellent for moving things through the tubes quickly and gently - a side benefit is they clean out your liver.

SMELL Eating smell-inhibiting or -neutralizing foods such as parsley, fresh sage, and mint are helpful. You can eat raw, put them in your smoothie, and make tea.

DETOX Go to a sauna or steam room if you have one easily accessible. Also, get epsom salt, eucalyptus essential oil, mint essential oil and lavender essential oil (last one optional). Mix epsoms with essential oils and a small amount of body oil (jojoba is good, but use whatever you have available). After showering, rub this epsom salt mixture all over your body, head to toe. Leave on a few minutes and then rinse it all off. You can also put the same mixture into a hot bath and soak for 20-45 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.