Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So, I've somehow found my way to a Ruby Tuesday's for lunch and I'm aching to snap a photo

of the salad bar patrons... It's like a page out of a Datalounge thread.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 6111/12/2013

"Look at all this terrible people eating at this terrible place" -- OP, also terrible and also eating at the same terrible place

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 111/09/2013

And for the record, it's my boyfriend's fault for being here... I wanted a local sandwich joint but we were starving and this is the first place we saw.

They have FRIED green beans on the menu.

FRIED. GREEN. BEANS!!!

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 211/09/2013

Touchy r1. Come here, let me hose out the sand in your vagina.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 311/09/2013

[quote]They have FRIED green beans on the menu. FRIED. GREEN. BEANS!!!

Awesome! Sounds yummy! Glad you found something on the menu you're excited about.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 411/09/2013

Oohhhh ppl eating in a restaraunt! How exciting! Tell us more, op!!!!

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 511/09/2013

[quote]And for the record, it's my boyfriend's fault for being here...

In other words, "I'm allowed to judge because while I'm eating here too, it's not my choice to be eating here, it's all my boyfriend's fault!!!"

So your boyfriend chose the place because he's as trashy as you deem everyone else. You choose to be with your boyfriend, therefore you are just as trashy as everyone else.

Enjoy the croutons, those are deep fried too. Delish.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 611/09/2013

Do it, OP.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 711/09/2013

It can't be worse than Golden Corral.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 811/09/2013

So now you're busting on people for eating salad?!

I thought that's what you uptight, rigid pricks wanted.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 911/09/2013

Do they have Once Around the Garden or Autumn Harvest?

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 1011/09/2013

W&W for R1

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 1211/09/2013

Agree with r7—if you're still in there, OP, snap the pic!

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 1411/09/2013

I kind of like Ruby Tuesday's. It's a cut above a lot of similar places. Unfortunately there are none here in California anymore.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 1511/09/2013

OP picked up an RT waiter on Grindr and is there to stalk him, or maybe hoping for a bathroom quickie. Saw trick flirting with young waiters, is dead jealous, and wants to ridicule others to self-soothe.

Also, now craves fried green beans.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 1611/09/2013

If you're stuck there with friends or family the ribs and burgers are actually pretty decent, or were as of a few years ago. I avoid salad bars, though.

As someone who barely ever eats out I don't see the point of getting too judgmental about declasse chain restaurants. The wages of nonstop junk food sin is Type II diabetes or worse. There but for the grace of God and self-control go I.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 1711/09/2013

I think the OP means that the salad bar is a line of Heffers.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 1811/09/2013

R18 FANK YOU! We wuz stumped at the indecipherable inscrutability of OP's opus...

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 1911/09/2013

Heffers. Oh dear

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 2011/09/2013

And he has the HEFTERS!

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 2211/09/2013

R18 needs to eat fish for more brain power.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 2311/09/2013

"Heffers" what former wives of Hugh Hefner turn into once they dump his old ass.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 2411/09/2013

DL Food Nazis are a welcome part of this board. I appreciate that the DL rightfully does not bow down to corporate chain franchises and their food.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 2711/09/2013

OP, there are rules!

1. No faces

2. Fat butts appreciated, extra points if a thong is visible

3. Man or Woman getting out of mobility scooter to fill a plate earns center square

4. Big people squeezing in under the sneeze guard - bonus points

5. Anyone sneaking food into a purse - bonus points

6. Stevie Nicks 80s hair on anyone = win

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 2811/09/2013

Heifer gall dern it.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 2911/09/2013

Be sure to take one of your own fat ass OP

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 3011/09/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 3111/09/2013

R27 just welcomed Nazis to this board. Seriously.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 3211/09/2013

OP will be the one with the dirty butt crack

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 3311/09/2013

OP, it doesn't seem to bother you when they do tempura on Top Chef.

And, all the sushi/Japanese places tempura everything from the sushi to green beans, asparagus, sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, red bell pepper, etc.

But, let Ruby Tuesday try to be a little trendy by offering up tempura green beans and hoo boy......

your sloppy and loose mussy gets all irritated and red!

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 3411/10/2013

I don't mind eating at a chain when I'm in a hurry and just want something moderately priced and quick. We often hit Appleby's before or after the movies. They have decent burgers, ribs, and chicken entrees and, while it is not gourmet, it is generally reliable.

BTW, I got a three-course meal and drink from Appleby's for my birthday. I went with my best friend and we had a huge appetizer that we shared, he bought an entrée and I got mine free, and we split a huge brownie sundae for dessert. My free food alone would have cost $50 with tax and tip, but we got everything for a bit over $20 tax and tip included.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 3511/10/2013

[quote]just want something moderately priced and quick

I never get this argument. If you live in nowheresvilles where that is the only real option, sure. But in most decent places there are plenty of places that are priced the same as chains like Applebees that have much better food and your money actually goes back into supporting the local economy.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 3611/10/2013

Something tells me OP would even be too déclassé for Sonic Drive-In.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 3711/10/2013

I'm fascinated by threads like this. OP is eating at Ruby Tuesdays and at the same time making fun people eating at Ruby Tuesdays. So OP are you in essence making fun of yourself?

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 3811/10/2013

Take the picture. Take the picture. Take the picture.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 3911/10/2013

I hate chain restaurants. I'm glad I live in Philly because we have tons of dining out options without resorting to chains.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 4011/10/2013

My boyfriend likes the place, so we go there a lot. It's not terrible. They have decent appetizer biscuits, and their Long Island Iced Teas are bitchin'.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 4111/10/2013

Once in great while these places are okay, but I don't go often. I ended up at a Red Robin recently, where the food was pretty good, and the service also. I don't mind Chili's either. My folks like their local TGI Friday's in Florida, although I think the service there isn't so great.

No need to be snotty about the patrons though. Many folks just aren't foodies.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 4211/10/2013

[quote]I hate chain restaurants. I'm glad I live in Philly because we have tons of dining out options without resorting to chains.

Yeah, but you're living in Philly so either way, you still lose.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 4311/10/2013

The Iced Teas at Ruby Tuesday are awesome.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 4411/10/2013

I'm addicted to their cauliflower mash and the appetizer of Asian dumplings with sesame peanut sauce is good.

However, I really go to my Ruby Tuesday because they have the gayest black bartender and I like to chit chat with him, have a few drinks, and be entertained.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 4511/10/2013

And when you do see one, shout ¡Órale!

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 4611/10/2013

Dammit R41 & R44

Now I want one and TODAY.

I'll go for 2 and then a little Colin Kaepernick at 4:00.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 4711/10/2013

[quote]But in most decent places there are plenty of places that are priced the same as chains like Applebees that have much better food and your money actually goes back into supporting the local economy.

Perhaps some of the money leaves the local economy, but the wait staff and kitchen staff are most likely local residents who need to earn a living, too.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 4811/10/2013

When did being hungry turn into "starving"? Seems fairly tacky to me when there are people in the world--in this country--who are starving.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 4911/10/2013

The reason people (including myself) sometimes go to those places is that at least you have an idea of what you'll be getting (i.e., there's consistency.) While I'm usually up for trying new and different places, not everyone is (and not all of the time, either).

There aren't any RT's within 300 miles of me, but when there was one here, I was impressed by the fact that they offered unlimited free refills on their signature soft drinks (i.e., not just fountain sodas). I've never run across a place with that policy before or since.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 5011/10/2013

I am so starving!

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 5111/10/2013

I know you probably didn't write it, R51, but I HATE that article.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 5211/10/2013

[quote]The reason people (including myself) sometimes go to those places is that at least you have an idea of what you'll be getting (i.e., there's consistency.)

"Consistently shitty" is not a good reason to patronize a restaurant, IMO.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 5311/10/2013

When I eat at a chain restaurant, I think of the six million starved and murdered victims of the holocaust. Their not having to eat this swill helps realize, there is a good side to every evil committed.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 5411/10/2013

[quote]"Consistently shitty" is not a good reason to patronize a restaurant, IMO.

I'm sorry we are not all up to your refined tastes, R53, but I'm fine with a burger or some chicken from Appleby's. I have been to local restaurants that were more expensive and definitely not worth the money. I also have a lot of local favorites that I go to on a regular basis. Occasionally, I splurge on a good, expensive restaurant for a special occasion, but there is nothing wrong with going to a chain when it is appropriate. I have a good friend on a budget and we often get their two for $20, or other specials. You won't find that at your local restaurant.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 5511/10/2013

If they can make fried green beans, then they can make fried green tomatos YET THEY REFUSE TO DO SO even though fried green tomatos are much better than fried greet beans or any other fried delicacy, don't you agree?

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 5611/10/2013

[quote]Occasionally, I splurge on a good, expensive restaurant for a special occasion, but there is nothing wrong with going to a chain when it is appropriate. Yes, except for how there is no occasion on which it's appropriate, at least not if other options are available.

[quote]I have a good friend on a budget and we often get their two for $20, or other specials. Stop being such a tight ass and buy your friend dinner if he can't afford a decent meal on his own.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 5711/10/2013

[quote]I have a good friend on a budget and we often get their two for $20, or other specials. You won't find that at your local restaurant.

I guess it wouldn't include an "appetizer" which they all look so appetizing on their website...but I know PLENTY of places I can get a good meal around me for $10 personally.

Sure I've been to these places, typically when I am visiting my Mother who is a sweet woman but doesn't know the first thing about food. But given the choice there is always a better option in the cities I've lived in.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 5811/10/2013

[quote]I guess it wouldn't include an "appetizer" which they all look so appetizing on their website

Actually, it includes one appetizer to share and two entrees. That's plenty of food for the two of us.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 5911/10/2013

This Chili's serves its baked potatos with "something extra!" just for you.

It was closed down.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 6011/12/2013

I find myself at chain restaurants more often than not lately, because I am dieting and can look up nutritional info and ingredients online.

by DL's once famous Roving Eye, reconsidering retirementreply 6111/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.