Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Jagged Little Pill" to hit Broadway

Is this ironic?

by Alanisreply 2111/18/2013

It's funny because I had been listening to this wonderful cd yesterday and, later on in the evening, had read that it will be turned into a broadway play.

by Alanisreply 111/09/2013

So will someone go down on you in the theatre?

by Alanisreply 211/09/2013

You Ought to Know

by Alanisreply 311/09/2013

I get why people like this cd, so do I, but is it really THAT good to warrant a Broadway production? Then again, I guess it would be pretty difficult to do a Broadway production of Exile in Guyville.

by Alanisreply 411/09/2013

Poor Alanis. After such a great album, each one she released afterwards sucked more than the last and sold less than the last.

by Alanisreply 511/09/2013

It's not that "Jagged Little Pill" is that good, although it's a fine album, but it's that right mix of quality and silliness ("Ironic," the song that gets irony completely wrong) that might make it interesting enough for a Broadway show.

Think of Alanis as the '90s version of ABBA.

by Alanisreply 611/09/2013

It's hard to believe that the album sold 15 million copies in the US, yet none of the singles went to #1 in America. Those singles were on the radio non-stop, so it's very strange.

by Alanisreply 711/09/2013

Has she ever adressed the "Ironic" thing? If it were called "Unfortunate Coincidence", then this wouldn't even be an issue.

by Alanisreply 811/09/2013

Alanis: "'I look forward to taking the heart of Jagged Little Pill and expanding its story, fleshing it out into ever deeper layers of emotionality, specificity, humanity, power, physicality, spirit and fabulism,' Morissette said in a press statement of the workshop production."

by Alanisreply 911/09/2013

R7, many rock albums sold tons of copies but never spawned a number one hit. For instance, Linkin Park's Hybrid theory didn't have a single number one hit but it sold massively. Ditto with Nevermind and Pearl Jam's Ten.

by Alanisreply 1011/09/2013

[quote] If it were called "Unfortunate Coincidence", then this wouldn't even be an issue.

Or "Bummers."

by Alanisreply 1111/09/2013

R4, I would SO go see an Exile in Guyville musical. God, I loved that record when I was like 15. I still love it.

by Alanisreply 1211/09/2013

R12, same here. So much better than any other female rock cd from the 90's(and there were some pretty good ones).

by Alanisreply 1311/09/2013

It't too bad Phair sort of lost her mojo. Divorce Song is still one of the best breakup songs ever. It is so much better than You Outta Know.

by Alanisreply 1411/09/2013

Jewel went country pop.

by Alanisreply 1511/09/2013

[quote]Has she ever adressed the "Ironic" thing? If it were called "Unfortunate Coincidence", then this wouldn't even be an issue.

Yes, she has. I remember reading an interview she did with a college paper back in the mid-90s where she talked about it. She said when she wrote the song, she knew not all of the examples she was giving were ironic... but then that was what was ironic about the song itself.

by Alanisreply 1611/09/2013

I love Jagged Little Pill. It brings me back to college. It's the only album I've listened to the whole thing. I can't imagine doing that to an album now.

by Alanisreply 1711/09/2013

BTW what pills are jagged?

by Alanisreply 1811/09/2013

She just wants to be Elphaba

by Alanisreply 1911/10/2013

Naming the tune "Ironic" was the most ironic thing about the song, don't cha think?

by Alanisreply 2011/18/2013

And isn't that ironic? R20

by Alanisreply 2111/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!