Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

the Village People-Did people know they were gay?

I remember people dancing to YMCA at a wedding when I was like 3 (in a Baptist church in AK!!!) Didn't anyone listen to the lyrics?

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2013

middle aged lamers thought they were straight, all the rest of us from kindergarten on not.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2013

I was eleven when YMCA came out and it was pretty obvious even to this straight preppy.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2013

I was 13 when Macho Man & Y.M.C.A. hit the airwaves. Everyone in 1978 knew that the Village People were gay. People were always making "fag" jokes about them at school. Everyone knew Freddie Mercury was gay too. I wore a Queen T-shirt to school and was made fun of mercilessly for wearing that "faggot" group's shirt.

I always hear younger people saying, "Damn, how were people so naïve not to know about Freddie Mercury & the Village People?" Very few people were naïve. People just knew. My dad saw the Village People on TV at the height of their career and said, "That's that queer group!"

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2013

Boy George really was kind of pathetic when he pretended to be bi/pansexual in the '80s.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2013

IKR? He should have acknowledged his humasexuality instead.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2013

I know the original leathman died but why did they replace the other members and were the replacements gay?

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!