Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING! JFK was murdered!!!

It is all over the news!!!

by Anonymousreply 1012/01/2013

You jest but I know people, quite a few people, who are not up to speed on things of that nature.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2013

What. Is. a JFK?

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2013

Too soon, OP.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2013

He gave me chlymidia!

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2013

I'm still reeling over the death of Dorothy Kilgallen. Oh wait that was two years later.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2013

I can't believe they interrupted As The World Turns to broadcast the news!!

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2013

On the 20th anniversary, SNL did a skit of a panel discussion. The first panelist, I believe Jim Belushi then in his late 20s, asked where he was when he heard the news of the assassination. He casually related that he was walking the grounds of his Boston college when he heard the news. The incredulous host - I believe it was Nora Dunn -stopped him, asking if he was in college 20 years earlier. Belushi said he was not, but, as he only read the sports pages as a young boy, he hadn't heard the news until he went off to college many years later. The host dismissively moves on to the next panelist and asks her how she heard the news. Sheepishly, this panelist admits her embarrassment in light of what had just transpired and points to Belushi and said he had told her the news backstage. The utterly exasperated host then turns to the last panelist for his input on where he was when he heard the news about Kennedy's death. "Kennedy's dead?!?," he weeps uncontrollably. The host immediately ends the show. Funny stuff.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2013

How do your murder an airport?

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2013

R8, you idle wildly.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2013

R7, here's the SNL transcript:

The Forum

Phil Kubec.....Joe Piscopo Tom LaPorte.....Jim Belushi Carol Halpin.....Robin Duke Third Guest.....Tim Kazurinsky

Phil Kubec: Good evening! I'm Phil Kubec, welcome to "The Forum". This week marks the 20th anniversary of the death of John F. Kennedy. I suppose every American remembers where they were and what they were doing when they heard that the President had been shot. Now, this week we have asked three Americans, chosen completely at random, to come on the show and tell us their stories. What is your name, Sir?

Tom LaPorte: Uh, Tom LaPorte.

Phil Kubec: Okay, Tom. Do you remember where you were when you heard that Kennedy was dead?

Tom LaPorte: I sure do, Phil. I'll never forget it. I was a freshman at Boston University at the time, and I remember walking across the Commons to go to class, and I heard a couple of guys talking. They were talking..

Phil Kubec: [ interrupting ] Whoa, whoa, whoa.. hold on a second. How old are you?

Tom LaPorte: I'm 29.

Phil Kubec: Mmm-hmm.

Tom LaPorte: So, anyhow, I was walking across the Commons, right? And I heard these two guys..

Phil Kubec: I..I'm sorry, Tom. I don't mean to interrupt you again. You were 9 years old, and you were a freshman at Boston University?

Tom LaPorte: No, no, no, I was 18. Anyhow, I was walking across campus, and I saw these two guys talking..

Phil Kubec: Hold on, Tom. Again, I'm sorry. Let me get this straight - you didn't know that President Kennedy had been shot for nine years?

Tom LaPorte: Well, Phil, you know, I was never really big, you know, on current events..

Phil Kubec: We're talking about the President getting shot, here! I mean, the President of the United States! How could you have missed it?

Tom LaPorte: Well, you know.. I usually turn to the Sports page first. I like to catch that first..

Phil Kubec: [ exasperated ] The Sports page?! This was one of the biggest stories of the decade!

Tom LaPorte: Well, maybe it was a big story in Dallas, but..

Phil Kubec: This was not a local story! I can't believe this! Have you ever heard anything so stupid in your life?

Tom LaPorte: [ defensive ] Yeah, well, I'm sure I know a lot more about sports than you do!

Phil Kubec: Fine! Fine! [ turning to the next guest ] Uh, what's your name, please?

Carol Halpin: Carol Halpin.

Tom LaPorte: Tell me, Carol, how did you first hear that President Kennedy had been shot?

Phil Kubec: Well, Phil, this is a little embarassing, considering what transpired here.. but, uh.. he told me. [ indicates Tom ]

Phil Kubec: What?!

Carol Halpin: Backstage. Just before the show.

Phil Kubec: You mean, you didn't know about the Kennedy thing until tonight?!

Tom LaPorte: [ laughing proudly ] What a dork, Phil!

Phil Kubec: Have you people been in a coma, or what?

Carol Halpin: Well, I.. I must have been watching another channel..

Phil Kubec: [ outraged ] Another channel?! It was on all the channels! He was the President, for God's sake! Everybody on Earth knew about it the day it happened, except for you two people sitting right here!!

Third Guest: Uh, excuse me. Are you people talking about President Kennedy?

Phil Kubec: Yes!

Third Guest: Oh, what. Did something happen?

Carol Halpin: He's.. he's been shot.

Third Guest: Oh, no! No! No, he's been shot! [ starts weeping ]

Phil Kubec: [ disgusted ] That's it for me. Join us next week on "The Forum", when our guest will be Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon.

Tom LaPorte: [ intrigued ] Wait a minute.. you mean, there's Americans.. on the moon?

Phil Kubec: [ angry ] Yes!

Tom LaPorte: [ excited ] Alright! [ turns to Carol ] Give me five! I can't believe it! On the moon!

[ fade to black ]

by Anonymousreply 1012/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!