Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pinkberry Co-Founder Convicted of Beating Homeless Man With Tire Iron‏

Young Lee, a co-founder of frozen yogurt company Pinkberry, was found guilty on Friday of beating a homeless man with a tire iron alongside a street in Los Angeles.

The brutal attack occurred in June 2011 after the homeless man, Daniel Bolding, approached Lee's car at a stoplight. For reasons that remain unclear, Bolding showed his sexually explicit tattoo—of a stick figure couple having sex—to Lee and his fiancee. Lee, a former kick-boxer, drove away, but returned with a friend and "beat [Bolding] down" with a tire iron.

From the Los Angeles Times:

During closing arguments Wednesday, the defense attorney and prosecutor said the outcome of the case depended on whether the jury believed Lee was the one who wielded the tire iron. "This case is not 'Who did it?'" Deputy Dist. Atty. Bobby Zoumberakis told the jury. "It's 'Who did what?'"

Phillip Kent Cohen, Lee's attorney, said he and the prosecutor agreed on "96% of what happened: that there was a tire iron and that [Bolding] was given great bodily injury." But Cohen said his client never held the tire iron, and he attempted to cast doubt on the testimony of witnesses who identified Lee as the attacker, including saying that Bolding had "flat-out lied."

After two days of deliberation, the jury found Lee guilty. LA County Superior Court Judge Henry Hall said he considered Lee a "threat to the community" and noted evidence that showed Lee tried to intimidate witnesses.

Lee was remanded without bail and will be sentenced January 14. He faces seven years in state prison.

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2013

"Lee was remanded without bail and will be sentenced January 14. He faces seven years in state prison."

The Pinkberry founder's own pinkberry will probably face a takeover while in prison.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2013

What a freak!

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2013

Didn't this POS company only become super-famous because Perez talked about it constantly when he was famous & an it boy? It's over.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2013

He's rich, and being tried in LA.

He'll get two weeks of community service, and won't get in trouble for blowing off most of it.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2013

Beating a homeless man who is most likely mentally ill just to feel like a tough guy.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2013

no wonder i got pee pee in my pinkberry

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2013

He looks gay

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2013

r1 Take a dollar out of petty cash for THAT one, my friend.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2013

Koreans are very uptight when it comes to sex.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2013

I'm disgusted. Red Mango from now on. F him.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2013

I still don't get how u go from showing a tattoo to getting bludgeoned with a tire iron? Was there an argument?

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2013

Ding ding ding ding!

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2013

R12's right. Sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2013

MyModernMet.com says he was a bouncer turned architect.

I can't copy and paste url's on my tablet but you can Google "the mysterious woman behind the Pinkberry brand" and click on the mymodernmet.com.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2013

Is that true about Koreans R8?

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2013

You waan piece o me? U waan piece muthelfuckol!??

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!