Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

First, we must kill all the lawyers

wouldn't it be loverly?

by Anonymousreply 4111/14/2013

No. No lawyers=No Rights.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2013

OP, have you ever read Henry VI (Part 2)? That's a play. By Shakespeare. Obviously not as you don't have the quotation correct: The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

You have also taken that quotation out of context. It does not mean what you think it means. What Shakespeare was saying, through the character, was that if a tyrant wants to suppress freedom he first kills all the lawyers.

Please feel free to continue to entertain us with your uninformed opinions.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2013

I wasn't trying to quote or analyze the play.

I was just planning what to do this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2013

I do hate every single one of them, fucking paper pushers

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2013

Hahaha, OP. Enjoy your little fascist fantasy. Meanwhile, that'll be $250 for your time.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2013

[R1] Actually, no lawyers means no laws in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2013

Well, if you insist. But I'd rather start with HR

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2013

I'm sorry OP. It took me 5 seconds to read your post, but I charge by the quarter-hour.

That will be $75, please.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2013

Kill the bad lawyers, of which there are far too many. There are many good lawyers. Let's keep them so we can preserve our rights.

So many bad lawyers file frivolous lawsuits, especially plaintiff lawyers. People think of plaintiff lawyers as heroes, but they're more often than not zeroes. They don't work very hard and rarely have done their due diligence to see if they even have a case. Then when they realize they don't, they try to shake you down for a few thousand dollars, then lie to their clients that due to a "legal technicality" the case is not worth what they thought. What bullshit.

There are good plaintiff lawyers out there. But lawyers who fight for civil rights are the real heroes.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2013

Lawyers serve the innocent, the good...and the very evil. I say let's keep 'em.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2013

Tiffani Thiessen's fat face could be thrown at the lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2013

R5 pretty much summed up the situation perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2013

Everyone hates "Liars for Hire" until you need one.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2013

First, they came for the lawyers and I said nothing because I wasn't a lawyer.

Then, they came for the whores and I gave them Jaydan's address.

I close on his estate's lake house in 30 days.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2013

First thing you do, OP, is write it right. Here you go:

[quote]The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2013

R9 - I agree about frivolous lawsuits. I think you should get 10 maximum in your career - if you've had 10 completely thrown out, then you lose your license.

Actually - I'd like to see more of that than "killing" lawyers. So many need to have their licenses taken away, but it so rarely happens. So fucking rare.

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2013

My lawyer helped to get my child the special services she legally was entitled to since, unfortunately, that is all the School Boards can react to (ditto with large corporations). They don't respond to any legal requirements imposed upon them unless and until they are sued. In the meantime, they run out the clock. I have never sued anyone or any in my life and my lawyer turned out to be one of the good guys. Her fees were reasonable and she didn't price gauge.

OP: Are you also against ENDA? You should be.

by Anonymousreply 1811/09/2013

Why do lawyers get such a bad rap? I know a few and they aren't horrible. The worst people I know are Congressional staffers and legislative aides. Fake assholes...every last one of them.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2013

One of my best friends went to law school in her 40s and took her boards a few years ago. She became completely insufferable. I finally had to completely cut her out of my life.

Jesus Christ, lawyers suck.

by Anonymousreply 2011/09/2013

R20 obviously never worked for a an attorney. Associates are generally ok, but so many partners are assholes. I suppose it has to do with the personality required to be a successful attorney.

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2013

R22 is generally right. At law firms, particularly large ones, the partners tend to be a bunch of arrogant, selfish, and greedy assholes. It's a viper nest in the partner ranks. The only good ones usually go in-house at a corporation to get away from their fellow partners. But I don't see it as any worse than Corporate America, where I worked before becoming a lawyer. The executives in Corp America are even more arrogant, selfish, and greedy than the asshole partners at law firms. In the end, I'd rather work at a law firm.

by Anonymousreply 2211/10/2013

As a lawyer, I wouldn't mind. I'd make an effort to flee your gas chambers, but if I can't, too bad for me. I _would_ like to remind everyone that there are far more heinous professions deserving of genocide though. Journalists are scum and should be erased. And so should the talentless 'academics' who work in the humanities and arts, who only know how to gorge themselves on the government gravy train.

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2013

You all hate us until you or someone you care about need us. If it weren't for lawyers many of the great moments in our history would never have happened. Also the real stats on frivolous lawsuits and this country being "litigation crazy " don't hold up to the public image stereotype. Im damn proud to be a lawyer but not always proud of all in my possession.

by Anonymousreply 2411/10/2013

Ahem. Not all lawyers are rich. When my student loans are paid off, I will be comfortable... just in time for Social Security to kick in.

by Anonymousreply 2511/10/2013

People always misread or misunderstand that Shakespeare quote. I say, let's kill all of THEM.

by Anonymousreply 2611/10/2013

I'm a lawyer, but I agree that America is vastly over-lawyered, and it has a toxic effect on American society. Americans have too readily been given to understand that the answer to their problems is a litigious and confrontational one, whereas those of us who make our living as litigators know that it is very rarely a wholly satisfactory solution to any problem.

There is a sad irony here, because most lawyers begin life on the socially progressive end of the scale. A ridiculous percentage of US lawyers were influenced to join the legal profession by reading or watching "To Kill a Mocking Bird". But those ideals are worn away by the pressure to generate billable time, and those that reach the top tend to be a greedy cynical lot, although if you dig deep enough you sometimes still find a trace of the ideals they started out with.

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2013

R28, I am a lawyer, too but have not practiced in at least fifteen years. GOT OUT OF IT as fast as I could after I realized that it was not anything like To Kill a Mockingbird. That altruism, idealism and desire to help people, sincerely, that had at least a flame, a flicker in my mind as I went through law school? Well, the practice of law was NOT filled with Atticus Finch and Mr. Deeds, but more like the cruel sociopaths found in Al Pacino movies. It was more like Mary Kay Place's speech in The Big Chill. Alcoholics, unethical evil lawyers who were evil "bit by bit, a little at a time, until they wore away one's sanity." Arguing by rules for a living steals one's soul.

by Anonymousreply 2811/10/2013

If it weren't for lawyers, gay sex would still be a crime, and marriage equality would never happen.

Maybe we should kill OP.

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2013

There are some good ones who fight the "good fight" but, by and large, lawyers are a "necessary evil." They are needed to keep the wheels of justice turning, such as it turns.

by Anonymousreply 3011/10/2013

NO LOL. The way this country is set up --- we need lawyers. What we need is to stop all of these ridiculous lawsuits from being allowed to be filed. There's got to be a point where you just can't file a lawsuit against just anything.

by Anonymousreply 3111/10/2013

Not all lawyers are evil, greedy fucks. I'd much rather see R13's vision become a reality than OP's

by Anonymousreply 3211/10/2013

R13 must be a CEO or he wouldn't have exempted 75% of them.

by Anonymousreply 3311/12/2013

R24 I elect as being placed first in line for the guillotine, I hope the blade is nice and dull too

by Anonymousreply 3411/12/2013

I work for lawyers and I love them. Best bosses and best job I've ever had.

Everyone hates lawyers until they need one.

by Anonymousreply 3511/12/2013

[quote]If it weren't for lawyers many of the great moments in our history would never have happened

This is the clearest indicator of the US being doomed forever of anything. Terrible. Lawyers being great? How unfortunate a society must be then, but hey, liars by any other name are liars.

by Anonymousreply 3611/12/2013

Forget about stage, screen, and television stars being divas, work in a law firm.

by Anonymousreply 3711/12/2013

Why do they charge so much per hour? I'd be happy if they couldn't charge more than $19.95 an hour.

Actually, a lot of what lawyers do can be done by paralegals.

by Anonymousreply 3811/14/2013

[quote][[R1]] Actually, no lawyers means no laws in the first place.

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 3911/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.