Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A "Mean Moms" Facebook page

How lovely. A bunch of mothers decided to get together and make a page ridiculing disabled children and kids they deemed ugly.

The page has since been taken down. But one of the mothers is fighting back:

When confronted, one of the mothers in the secret group wrote: "THIS IS FACEBOOK, NOT THE SALEM WITCH HUNT....THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY AND I WAS LAUGHING BECAUSE IT WAS FUNNY....THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, NEXT."

I say post the group members pictures for the world to comment on. Obviously, they are all stunning, world class beauties.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2013

I think it's funny.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2013

Unfortunately this is the risk you run when you post pics and entire life out there for the world to see. I don't do Facebook for this very reason.

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2013

R2 is right. That said, these days if you are applying to colleges or jobs and you don't have an 'online brand' for yourself a lot of times they pass you over. Associates at big law firms pay for someone to set up and maintain a squeaky clean, appropriate FB page as part of lobbying for partnership.

As for the Mean Moms, all they've shown is how ugly they are inside and I hope karma bites them back someday.

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2013

It will, r3. Life is tough for everyone. They'll find out.

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2013

Would you rather the frauen create a FB page devoted to peanut allergies and gluten intolerance?

by Anonymousreply 511/08/2013

Personally, I'd rather FB didn't exist. I never saw the appeal of putting all my business up for the world to see. But society doesn't agree, so I would hope that people at least wouldn't hate on little kids, especially because it's not for anything they did, but because the kids were disabled or 'ugly'. Instead of Mean Moms they should have called themselves the Cruel Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2013

I'm so fucking sick of 'hot moms' who really do think they're 'all that'. Yes, someone please post their pics and data and let us at 'em.

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2013

"As for the Mean Moms, all they've shown is how ugly they are inside and I hope karma bites them back someday."

This from a Datalounger? Those "mean moms" are a bunch of fluffy kittens compared to us!

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2013

There's a difference between making fun of kids and doing it to adults. There's also a difference between doing it to celebrities, or people who think they're celebrities, and people who are just living a normal life.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2013

If you watch the news clip, it gives exactly one example of a somewhat "mean" comment. It gives no examples of any disabled children being mocked. This sounds like a hysterical mom overreaction.

And even if there were some mean comments, how does one "bully" a baby online? People just leap at stories like this with no critical thinking.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2013

and once again....it is in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2013

When my nephew was a baby we thought he looksed like Yoda. Everybody thought it was funny. He's six now and is cure as a button. How does a person accidentally find a secret group? I think she maybe was a member of the group and when things got to much for her she outed them.

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2013

[quote]I don't do Facebook for this very reason.

No, you don't "do" Facebook because you are a miserable old fuck with no friends.

Some of our more elderly DLers don't seem to realize that NO ONE FORCES YOU to post photos on FB.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2013

Oh my god, the irony, R13. You're probably directing your post to someone who has real friends in real-time - and not electronic ones whose favors are purchased by "Like" buttons.

As people here have observed previously, there are paid shills that swoop down on any threads that criticise Facebook, Amazon or Google. It's been documented elsewhere, actually. Are you one of those shills? I ask because usually the insults refer to the FB-accuser being out of touch, uncool, friendless or paranoid about privacy/spying (maybe the shills have dropped that one since NSA, I dunno).

My point is really that it is ridiculous that you assume the poster in question has "no friends" whilst you rack up your 400+ count of digital pen pals-cum-pet rocks.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2013

R13 and r14, loses friends/ has a hard time making friends due to their obnoxious, overbearing personalities

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.