Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

TOM CRUISE "My Job's As Hard As Fighting In Afghanistan"

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 13311/10/2013

Maybe he's now convinced himself he's that guy from "Born on the Fourth of July."

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2013

Fucking delusional asshole.

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2013

Oh, hell, this is not a good week for Tammy. His delusions of grandeur are coming to the public front.

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2013

Well, he's done. I expect he'll be joining the Mel Gibson club immediately.

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2013

Is he having another meltdown?

I'm starting to sense shades of another "Matt, you're glib" period coming on.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2013

What a pratt! However, maybe Tammy has a point, I mean the troops fighting overseas get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a day, all have airconditioned trailers and several assistants each. Plus they never face live ammunition or explosives, and most, if not all, have stunt doubles. No. My original point stands. - what a pratt !!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2013

"My Job's As Hard As Fighting In Afghanistan"

Yeah, but on which side? He's like the religious zealots who are forcibly pushing their wild beliefs and silencing critics...like what's being put down in Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2013

That's gonna cost him.

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2013

Tee-hee

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2013

I mean really, have you seen the state of craft services these days?

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2013

The man is from another planet, please, be kind!

This reminds me of George Hamilton when he was going out with one of the Bird daughters of LBJ. They asked him if he planned on enlisting in the Army so he could fight in Vietnam. He responded "no," that he felt he had "served his time" when he was on location in Anza Italy for a film role. "I spent my days walking up and down hills with a rifle and backpack. I paid my dues".

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2013

So if Tom is paralyzed or loses a limb, will he still feel that way?

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2013

[quote]Yeah, but on which side? He's like the religious zealots who are forcibly pushing their wild beliefs and silencing critics...

You're describing both sides.

by Anonymousreply 1511/08/2013

Wow! This is the end of his career! Well whatever was left of it... lol

I mean I don't think we have a ever seen an A+ star fall from grace in such an agonizing way.

by Anonymousreply 1611/08/2013

The moment he awakens every day he should recite the affirmations "If I keep my mouth shut people will never know just how shallow and stupid I am" and "none of my opinions are worth a shit".

Poor dumb delusional bastard.

by Anonymousreply 1711/08/2013

That couch destroyed him.

by Anonymousreply 1811/08/2013

Do his movies still do well at the box office?

by Anonymousreply 1911/08/2013

[quote] Oh no she DIDN'T!

Yes she did. And hopefully her career will end because of it.

by Anonymousreply 2011/08/2013

I have to assume this hints that the next Mission Impossible flick will featue Cruise entirely on his own, wiping out Afghanistan's Taliban and other non-Scientologists.

by Anonymousreply 2111/08/2013

I just checked his last 2 movies:

Oblivion: Budget:$120M Gross: $290M

Jack Reacher: Budget: $60M Gross: $220M

by Anonymousreply 2211/08/2013

Yo, if I was at his depo, I could've saved his ass.

by Anonymousreply 2311/08/2013

R20, He never really recovered after the couch jumping incident if you don't count Mission Impossible 4 from a couple years ago. The grosses of his other movies cannot compare to the grosses of his movies pre-couch. He seems to have definitely lost some power at the domestic box office.

by Anonymousreply 2411/08/2013

Yeah R23, but you're not counting marketing and advertising and exhibitor cuts. Those numbers are decent for most but those are disappointing MOVIE STAR TOM CRUISE numbers.

by Anonymousreply 2511/08/2013

So he makes the kind of money needed to fight a legal battle to protect his reputation "I have not abandoned my child" and in the process he damages his reputation more.

by Anonymousreply 2611/08/2013

He s-s-SAVED me in my hour of need!

by Anonymousreply 2711/08/2013

And don't forget he has the three octave vocal range too.

by Anonymousreply 2811/08/2013

Little-Tommy-Tinkle-Pot is going to regret this comment.

I have read nothing but nasty comments form angry posters about this on the "internets".

by Anonymousreply 2911/08/2013

He has to lay off the Cream Of Wheat!

by Anonymousreply 3011/08/2013

""My Job's As Hard As Fighting In Afghanistan""

The resounding single reaction to Cruise's statement by the millions in Afghanistan's capital: Ka-BULL!

by Anonymousreply 3111/08/2013

I hope this becomes widely known. It's time for him to go away. Long past time, really.

by Anonymousreply 3211/08/2013

I read that as "fisting in Afghanistan".

by Anonymousreply 3311/08/2013

LAUGH OUT LOUD funny R34, I mean snorting funny.

by Anonymousreply 3411/08/2013

He's such a despicable, little shithead. When is he going to tell us he's suffering more than the starving people of the 3ed world, the people in Syria or the homeless and poor everywhere? Can't wait for his career to completely crash.

by Anonymousreply 3511/08/2013

"Pat Kingsley" laughing upthread is right on. His career and public image started tanking the minute he let her go.

The clearest sign that he's lost his touch? He got taken down by Katie Holmes. KATIE FUCKING HOLMES.

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 3611/08/2013

I disagree with the couch comment. He ruined himself by getting into that cult. The couch incident was just the public manifestation of how far gone he was. There were incidents of weirdness even before that.

I actually think he stated crashing once he divorced Nicole and got rid of that agent or whatever she was, Pat Kinsley. Those were the big turning points.

by Anonymousreply 3711/08/2013

Did you read this?

by Anonymousreply 3811/08/2013

Yeah, I think Pat Kingsley kept his nuttiness and bullshit under tight control.

by Anonymousreply 3911/08/2013

The cult is really what ruined him. Cults are bad...why can't people understand that?

by Anonymousreply 4011/08/2013

We'll see how his next films fare at the boxoffice, assuming this major gaffe gets continuing coverage in the press.

We've said "stick a fork in him" before, but he keeps coming back, so I wouldn't count him out just yet, however much we'd like him to go away.

by Anonymousreply 4111/08/2013

He's damaged goods. I won't see his pictures -- I can't watch him now with a straight face.

And those results upthread must be global, which really stinks.

by Anonymousreply 4211/08/2013

"He keeps coming back". Like a zombie

by Anonymousreply 4311/08/2013

Alienate military folks ...and their friends and family ....Check Offend athletes ...check He better hope he gets a settlement because this stuff is going to cost him plenty

by Anonymousreply 4411/08/2013

Someone from the kooky religion (?) of his should keep him sealed indoors.

by Anonymousreply 4511/08/2013

I'm picturing Miss Cabbage in meltdown, tantrum mode right now. Redfaced and beating the shit out of some poor assistant.

by Anonymousreply 4611/08/2013

R42 I don't understand how this asshole keeps hanging around either. The couch-jumping shit, the anti-psychiatry shit, and now this. Any other person would have seen their popularity plummet, but not him.

by Anonymousreply 4711/08/2013

Tom is his own biggest fan.

by Anonymousreply 4911/08/2013

I didn't read the deposition but it must go toward showing that he is a hard-working billion-dollar property that can be harmed by damage to his reputation.

O, the irony.

by Anonymousreply 5011/08/2013

Probably related to his excuse for why he could not spend time with his daughter--he had such a grueling, demanding schedule!!!

by Anonymousreply 5111/08/2013

Maybe he is suffering from PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 5211/08/2013

I concur. Acting is HARD!

by Anonymousreply 5311/08/2013

Yeah, he's bounced back before, but this is by far the worst thing he's ever said.

by Anonymousreply 5411/08/2013

She isn't really his daughter. Maybe some day it will be common knowledge?

by Anonymousreply 5511/08/2013

I wonder who is advising him these days. I can't believe he proceeded with the deposition, it's like total career suicide.

by Anonymousreply 5711/08/2013

This will damage his "brand." But he will still limp along.

I picture his career dying the death of a thousand cuts, all of them self-inflicted.

by Anonymousreply 5811/08/2013

It probably is. I mean, he literally was up against a million actors over the past 30 years who he had to compete with for parts. His life wasn't at risk but yeah, Tom is definitely like the Joan Crawford of modern times. Talented but more known for gumption and perseverance than actual talent (even though they're talented).

by Anonymousreply 5911/08/2013

OMG, is he serious?

by Anonymousreply 6111/08/2013

ILY r60 rofl. Loved that comment.

[quote]She isn't really his daughter. Maybe some day it will be common knowledge?

I agree but I'm not at all sure it would have made any difference if she were (which she isn't) his. I don't think he's capable of feeling love for any living thing, be it an animal, a child, man or woman.

In his own mind he has become all these masculine, invincible heroes he keeps playing.

by Anonymousreply 6211/08/2013

[quote]The cult is really what ruined him. Cults are bad...why can't people understand that?

People do understand that, R41. The thing with Miss Tammy is that Pat Kingsley was able to keep his Scieno-cray-cray under wraps, for the most part. His truly batshit public behavior didn't start showing until after he shitcanned Kingsley. She was a master at protecting his image and minimizing any hint of his insanity. She did it for years.

Getting rid of her is the biggest mistake he ever made career-wise. Obviously, joining that cult was the biggest mistake he ever made - full stop.

by Anonymousreply 6311/08/2013

Wow Bert Fields is 84. I was thinking that he must rue the day he took on Cruise as a client but surely he does not need the work. He must love the battle. Still I would love to hear his true opinion of Cruise, I would imagine it to be scathing.

by Anonymousreply 6411/08/2013

He will attempt to "clarify" his remarks.

by Anonymousreply 6511/08/2013

Anything this good must be fattening.

by Anonymousreply 6611/08/2013

Yes, R65, but remember PK retired about what 5 years ago anyway? He was going to self-destruct sooner or later.

by Anonymousreply 6711/08/2013

Even I wouldn't say something so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 6811/08/2013

Has Bert Fields actually ever taken any of these Tom Cruise cases to court? It seems he bellows. A lot. But that is about it.

by Anonymousreply 6911/08/2013

Bellowing gets you in the press and a settlement sans trial. Sometimes it backfires. Like here.

by Anonymousreply 7011/08/2013

I always thought the cases folded and if it was a publisher, supposedly they paid up? I guess I really don't know.

by Anonymousreply 7111/08/2013

R62 is correct. OP shouldn't have added quotes that the TMZ banner headline didn't have.

But his actual quotes are still very WTF.

by Anonymousreply 7211/08/2013

Obviously R64, he thinks he is one of his hero characters but I never watch any of his action films. I don't like that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 7311/08/2013

I wish he would have called me before this whole mess began

by Anonymousreply 7411/08/2013

Frankly, I don't think the average schmo gives a shit about this news or Scientology. Tom Cruise will continue to make films that make money for his producers. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 7511/08/2013

Didn't Spielberg blame him for "War of the Worlds" not doing well?

by Anonymousreply 7611/08/2013

Yes you would R70, your idiotic self-important ass probably agrees.

by Anonymousreply 7711/08/2013

Tom thinks he's Jesus

by Anonymousreply 7811/08/2013

Well, that statement should be the final nail in the coffin for his career. What a stupid douche bag! If Gwyneth ever gets dumped by Chris Martin, she would be the perfect beard for Cruise, they are perfect for each other- delusional, annoying, ignorant, wildly disliked, douche bags.

by Anonymousreply 7911/08/2013

I agree with the person who says he's going down the Gibson road in that he's yet another once-beloved actor who people now view as a complete kook.

by Anonymousreply 8011/08/2013

Lets all send Tommy a 'fruit'basket this Veteran's Day.

by Anonymousreply 8111/08/2013

[quote]Didn't Spielberg blame him for "War of the Worlds" not doing well?

Yes he did, R78, and Spielberg was plenty pissed off about it. When Tammy was supposed to be promoting WotW, he began to publicly unravel.

t

by Anonymousreply 8211/08/2013

Delusion is the hallmark of acting. Actors have always whined about how difficult and grueling their work is. But, this is just beyond delusional.

by Anonymousreply 8311/08/2013

did Katie get fired from the Dark Knight because of the fuss? (or her performance)

by Anonymousreply 8411/08/2013

Honestly, I'm not sure that it's Scientology as much as the fact that he looks in the mirror and sees a 51 year old man.

Those quotes sound like a man in denial about where he is in life.

by Anonymousreply 8511/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 8611/08/2013

but Tom was crazy when he was a young man

by Anonymousreply 8711/08/2013

[quote]did Katie get fired from the Dark Knight because of the fuss? (or her performance)

If you saw the film you'd know the answer.

by Anonymousreply 8811/08/2013

The poor thing has had one too many pumpkin spiced lattes. Shame on him for impregnating Holmes with his spilled seed from jerking off to bilatinmen dot com.

by Anonymousreply 8911/08/2013

Tom is most certainly not Suri's father.

That is the main reason Tom and Katie did not get married before she was born.

by Anonymousreply 9011/08/2013

Sure, Tom's nutty as a fruitcake, but I too thoroughly enjoyed the "Jack Reacher" movie. He was very good in a tightly directed B+ action movie with a great cast all around.

Why does he feel the need to say unscripted things ever?

by Anonymousreply 9111/08/2013

The best lover I ever had. He could go all night long.

by Anonymousreply 9211/08/2013

The efforts in "Jack Reacher" to make TC look tall were laughable. Lots of actors seated at desks. The fights were laughable. The casting threw off the movie.

by Anonymousreply 9311/08/2013

I like him in his Spielberg film. First time I've really watched him since Risky Business and I felt like he was sexier as an adult then he was as a kid. I never felt any sexual attraction to him at all when he was young.

by Anonymousreply 9411/08/2013

R97, The Queens have hit the mark with their quips. I love this place. Better than Zoloft.

by Anonymousreply 9611/08/2013

r97=self hating ancient gay OR scientological homophobe

by Anonymousreply 9711/08/2013

McNamara then begins to ask him about the work he was doing in October filming “One Shot” — the movie that became Reacher — and that he had left Pittsburgh for a one-day trip to London on October 15 so he could attend the annual gala of the International Association of Scientologists. (It was at an IAS gala in 2004 that Cruise was given a “Freedom Medal of Valor” by Scientology leader David Miscavige. Normally the IAS events are held in England, but this year, on Thanksgiving weekend, it will take place in Clearwater, Florida.) The implications of McNamara’s next questions are pretty clear — why could Cruise jet across the Atlantic for a 24-hour trip to an IAS gala and not take similar trips to see his own daughter?

McNamara: It says you were at an IAS event.

Cruise: Uh-huh.

McNamara: What is that?

Cruise: That’s an International Association of Scientology. It’s an international event that we have in our church.

McNamara: And were you speaking at the event?

Cruise: No, I was not.

McNamara: So you were just attending?

Cruise: Yes.

McNamara: And then according to this schedule you returned to Pittsburgh on Sunday, October 16th, and returned to filming?

Cruise: Yes…

McNamara: Do you know whether they had to shut down filming of One Shot because you flew out on Friday then returned on Sunday?

Cruise: No, they did not.

McNamara: And you believed it was important that you attended that event, didn’t you?

McNamara: Why was it important to you?

Cruise: It was an important event. I felt it was important.

McNamra: It’s an annual event?

Cruise: Yes, it is…

McNamara: But based upon this, you could fly from East Coast to London for 24 hours, is that right?

Cruise: In that situation, yes.

McNamara: And you did that for the church event –

McNamara: — did you not? But you didn’t do it for Suri, isn’t that right?

Cruise: When did I not do it for Suri?

McNamara: In July, August, September, October.

Cruise: That’s not true…In July I did fly to see my daughter.

McNamara: I know, but I’m talking about from — let’s take — let’s take the dates from August 8th until Thanksgiving.

Cruise: Different situation.

McNamara: There was no 24-hour — there were no 24-hour period of time there that you couldn’t have flown to see Suri?

Cruise: Listen, when there is a divorce — if you look at this also in terms of Suri coming to me and certain agreements that you have, when a divorce occurs things change. And it’s more complicated, as everyone knows when that is, when that occurs, and there are certain agreements; now you have to ask for permission and organize schedules to make things happen. So it wasn’t — it’s not an ideal scene. It’s not an ideal situation.

McNamara: And you were in part responsible for that absence, weren’t you?

Cruise: No.

McNamara: In no way?

Cruise: No.

McNamara: You couldn’t have — you were unable to fly for 24 hours from London to new York?

McNamara: And why were you unable, Mr. Cruise?

Cruise: There are many different circumstances. One, first of all, at this point when you’re looking at — you can’t compare Reacher to All You Need Is Kill or Edge of Tomorrow. And the situation, you know, when you’re thinking of your child and thinking what is the best thing for them, and of course respecting Kate’s wishes in terms of Suri’s scheduling, the nature of making that film, the nature of having finished one film and kind of — agreements change, you know. That wasn’t how the thing was set up. As I said, things change. Things change. And certainly what doesn’t change is the love that I have for my daughter, the fact that I didn’t abandon her emotionally, physically or otherwise. And in terms of how I feel about her in terms of the responsibility that I feel towards my child is not — is not waned in any way.

by Anonymousreply 9811/08/2013

He can barely sting out a coherent sentence. And this guy makes tens of millions of dollars. I wouldn't care if he had talent, but he is as one note as they get.

by Anonymousreply 9911/08/2013

I wonder when Kate will tell Suri that Tom is not her real father?

I think they kind of put themselves in a bad place when they decided to pretend that Suri was Tom's kid.

by Anonymousreply 10011/08/2013

*string out

by Anonymousreply 10111/08/2013

A lot of actors are shockingly stupid without being as repulsive as Miss Tammy.

by Anonymousreply 10211/08/2013

R102, for Holmes, pretending Suri was Cruise's kid was a stroke of genius. She got a fortune, got away, took the kid and she has something she can hold over him for the rest of his life.

Not so dumb, that Katie Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 10311/08/2013

[quote]I think they kind of put themselves in a bad place when they decided to pretend that Suri was Tom's kid.

If Holmes was massively paid to go along then she had a good reason. Or she thought...

by Anonymousreply 10411/08/2013

You mean to tell me he was only in Pittsburgh, Pa filming and couldn't get to the city to visiy his daughter for three months??

Really??

by Anonymousreply 10511/08/2013

Somebody should act out these transcripts on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 10611/09/2013

'Bounce back' though he does, the level of arrogant stupidity increases every time. He has the total confidence of an idiot.

Narcissism and vast wealth enable his stupidity. He's so far out now that there's no way back. As he ages, so the insanity will escalate.

As one of TC's generation, I wonder if I'll be around to read the inside stuff which will certainly come out one day. Probably not.

I'll just have to stay tuned for the next implosion, and marvel at so freakish a life.

by Anonymousreply 10811/09/2013

What a hilarious parody of a clam spouting the party line, r111.

by Anonymousreply 11011/09/2013

Tammy wishes she was there, taking all that young horny cock in the barracks.

by Anonymousreply 11111/09/2013

The primary delusion here involves thinking this lawsuit was in any way a good idea. I think most people would give him a pass on the story about not spending time with his purported daughter, as we understand that most celebrities use their children as photo-op props and leave the actual parenting to spouses and paid flunkeys. This just rubs in the negatives, like his dismal marital history and membership in the Scientology scam. I don't think these elite cultists have any idea what a shitty reputation Scientology has acquired and how for every new sucker who's lured into it by the fact that it has CELEBRITIES! shilling for it there are people who know from their own bitter experience or those of people they know what a mindfuck ripoff it is.

by Anonymousreply 11211/09/2013

Wasn't he also caught on tape saying something about if you come a car wreck only a Scientologist can help or some crap like that.

I think TC thoroughly believes he's some sort of super human which goes along with the highest levels of Co$. Don't they believe they can literally control the environment. The level of delusion in some of his statements makes me believe he certainly thinks he's something special.

by Anonymousreply 11311/09/2013

I was just over reading the comments on TMZ. A clam named Ash is on it right now trying to do damage control. I've seen this same Ash on there before whenever a negative article has been published. He slams TMZ as being "unreliable". When the divorce was going on he was on there all the time smearing Katie and defending Tammy.

Clambot drones are already out. Miss Cabbage and Tom's PR team must be freaking out.

by Anonymousreply 11411/09/2013

Bert Fields issues the statement:

The assertions that Tom Cruise likened making a movie to being at war in Afghanistan is a gross distortion of the record," Fields said in a statement to People magazine. "What Tom said, laughingly, was that sometimes, 'That's what it feels like.' "

The lawyer added: "As the video shows, he and the lawyer were laughing at his answer, and, when asked in the next question if the situations were comparable, Tom said, 'Oh, come on,' meaning of course not.

"Tom is a staunch supporter of our troops and would never say that making a movie was even remotely comparable to fighting in Afghanistan."

by Anonymousreply 11511/09/2013

I'm sure TC will now start suing every tabloid that published this. Litigious little gay midget.

by Anonymousreply 11711/09/2013

[quote]That's the problem with depo transcripts. They distort things.

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 11811/09/2013

Ho Sit Down! What a fucking idiot. Typical, out-of-touch, self-centered hollyweird celeb.

by Anonymousreply 11911/09/2013

[quote]The primary delusion here involves thinking this lawsuit was in any way a good idea. Agree with R114, but for a different reason. Had I thought about it, I would have presumed that Cruise saw his daughter at times that were not papped. Now he's come out and admitted that he barely sees her due to his own workaholism and preference for Scieno events. That makes him look much worse than any tabloid headline disregarded in the checkout line.

by Anonymousreply 12111/09/2013

Spielberg should have never allowed that...couldn't he stop Tom from doing that?

Are there no union rules about that kind of shit. Jesus should have gone in, beat the members with a whip and overturned their pamphlet tables.

Anyway, I would have been furious too. Furious the way I am when The ROTC tries to convert high school students.

by Anonymousreply 12211/09/2013

Now see, R122, you're actually wrong but it wouldn't matter if you hadn't done this:

[quote]Spielberg (the Jew) was PISSED about this.

It's an easy fix, at least on the outside.

[quote]Spielberg was PISSED about this.

There. It conveys exactly the same thing as it did before, without showing everyone that you're a dumb cunt.

Spielberg tolerated the Scieno shills, just as most directors on Tammy's movies do. Cruise fucking up the promo tour and turning it into "Crazy Tammy on Parade" is what pissed Spielberg (the director) off.

by Anonymousreply 12411/09/2013

My conservative cousin just commented on this link on Facebook, they are up in arms about this (warning link to Fox News Facebook)

by Anonymousreply 12511/09/2013

It's funny to see Faux Noise fans, the dumbest and most offensive people around, complain about someone else being stupid and offensive.

by Anonymousreply 12611/09/2013

[quote]Spielberg tolerated the Scieno shills, just as most directors on Tammy's movies do. Cruise fucking up the promo tour and turning it into "Crazy Tammy on Parade" is what pissed Spielberg (the director) off.

This is exactly it. Cruise essentially hijacked a press conference for War of the Worlds to talk about Scientology and his "love" for Katie Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 12711/09/2013

I just love the Fox headline: Tom Cruise: My work as an actor is as hard as fighting in Afghanistan

Rupert Murdock hates Cruise and will make sure his media gun for him.

by Anonymousreply 12811/09/2013

Good one r128

by Anonymousreply 12911/10/2013

Love this comment from dlisted. Talk about wrapping him up in one paragraph.

[quote]I would love to see tom cruise being sent to the front line, im sure the taliban would love to have a go at the american symbol of capitalist pig, pussy chicken shit, asshole, closet case, self hating, mother fucker, mental midget, dim witted, weird warped body, aging raging slut, dungeon loving, lunatic, short, high heels wearing, nip and tuck face, xenu princess, david miscaviagge's bitch, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 13011/10/2013

Sounds like someone is being rather disrespectful...what will Xenu or Xanax or whatever his name is, do!!?

by Anonymousreply 13111/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.