Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

In Rehearsal: The Sound of Music, Live!

Starring Carrie Underwood, hater of Obamacare.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 26503/05/2015

And Christian Borle is gay.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 111/09/2013

HATE Carrie Underwood! She is not a convincing replacement for Julie Andrews!!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 211/09/2013

Guess who's playing Kurt? Maura West and Scott DeFreitas' son, Joe.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 311/09/2013

This event will turn out to be ultimate train wreck, am I right?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 411/09/2013

I can't stand Carrie either. She's so fake and phony.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 511/09/2013

Who?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 611/09/2013

Sorry Carrie, why try something already made to perfection, I mean Julie Andrew's performance.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 711/09/2013

R1=Sutton Foster

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 811/09/2013

How do you solve a problem like a cuntress?

How do you spin a bitch and make her nice?

A dumb fundy bitch!

A blonde with a twitch!

A tuuuuuurd?

How do you hold a douchebag in your haaaaand?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 911/09/2013

Why isn't his last name DeFreitas, R3?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 1011/09/2013

Maria is supposed to be fresh, wide eyed, with a hint of innocence. Trashy bleached blonde does not work.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 1111/09/2013

Carrie Underwood's voice has no depth and does not hold even a flicker of a candle to Julie Andrews' voice in her prime.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 1211/09/2013

Honestly? It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. Was it Clarkson or Underwood who murdered a song a few months ago and got roundly criticized for it. I can't even remember what the occasion was.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 1411/09/2013

r10, he's 15, so I guess I was mistaken and he's from her first marriage.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 1511/09/2013

CarriE UndErwood? That is a bad casting choicE.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 1611/09/2013

Gentlemen, did you all forget that I ORIGINATED the role in the stage version? This will be the STAGE version not the beloved movie.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 1811/09/2013

What a piece of shit this will be.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 1911/09/2013

Boycott this piece of shit production and anything else connected to the Underwood cunt.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 2111/09/2013

They should have gone with Janet Jackson instead and added lots of dancing. Make it modern. This is quite disheartening. Once again, Janet is passed over for some white bitch.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 2211/09/2013

Only bright spot I see about this production is Laura Bennati as the Baroness.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 2311/09/2013

[quote]no sign of the Okie twang when she speaks.

So she's doing accents now? Better watch your back, Meryl!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 2411/09/2013

She's so stupid, acting like a live performance is such a big, big deal. Sweetie, they're done 8 times a week by lots of people.

Even you perform live at your concerts and on Idol.

But acting ??? Hmmmmmm ....this might be one to stock up on the snacks and drinks for ....

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 2511/09/2013

R26 = Miss Underpants

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 2711/09/2013

Well, I am looking forward to it as we are getting the stage book and the songs that were cut from the movie.. I wish that they would use "an Ordinary Couple" instead of "Something Good" from the movie but that seems to be the standard these days... people hate "Couple" so no one ever does it in the stage musical.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 2811/09/2013

Fuck! If only I wasn't so goddamned busy!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 2911/09/2013

Wow, we have Carriestans on the DL.

Who knew?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 3011/09/2013

[quote] They should have gone with Janet Jackson instead and added lots of dancing. Make it modern. This is quite disheartening. Once again, Janet is passed over for some white bitch.

I love you, Parody Janbot.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 3111/09/2013

R30 I'm surprised as well. Though I shouldn't be, considering gay men love straight women who don't really give a shit about them.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 3211/09/2013

I'm looking forward to the question, "What is it you cuntface?"

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 3311/09/2013

Will Carrie break character and diss Obamacare to the Mother Abyssmal?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 3411/09/2013

Janet's REALLY gonna be pissed when she finds out Kelly Clarkson's playing Dorothy in "The Wiz."

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 3511/09/2013

I hope they do a live play next. Jerri Blank in A RAISIN THE SUN needs a global audience.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 3611/09/2013

Laura Benanti would be better as Maria. But this shit is gonna stink.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 3711/10/2013

I love Benanti but she doesn't read as girlish onscreen. Then again, if Mary Martin could do PETER PAN on TV at 40+...

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 3811/10/2013

R13 tell me more. What's Underwood done to make you think she's a bitch? Any other Nashville gossip? Slept with any closeted country singers?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 3911/10/2013

This will be unprecedented !

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 4011/10/2013

She undeniably has a lot of talent and she IS beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing this with my friends.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 4111/10/2013

I'm the one who's met Underwood a bunch of time. I used to work at the studio where she records. She's not friendly, she's cold, she won't engage with anyone. Her little dog bit me for no reason, yet she started yelling at me, saying "What did you do to my dog?!?," blaming me for her dog's bad behavior. Random things like that. She is just an overall unpleasant person. On the other hand, a friend of mine has Parkinsons Disease, and he was out to dinner one night. He was having one of his spasm attacks, so left the table to sit at the bar to relax and get centered. A woman came up to him, asked if he was ok, and if he needed anything. She got a glass of water for him, and sat with him a minute to make sure he was ok. He didn't know who she was, but the bartender told him when she went back to her table that it was Underwood. So...maybe she's a nice person in some situations, but in a music-related environment she's not. But she never ever ever gives off a friendly vibe.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 4211/10/2013

R42 I remember you posting that story on here before. I believe you - she always comes off as one of those people who smiles and acts all nicey-nice when the cameras are around, but once they're gone, I bet she's a real bitch. I don't know why, but I can usually just sense these things. However, it's nice to know that she was nice to your friend.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 4311/10/2013

Perhaps in her work environments (studio, TV shows etc.) she tends to encounter a lot of leeches so she goes into chilly/bitch mode.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 4411/10/2013

R44 That's show business, so she better just get over it. Plus, that doesn't explain why she accused R42 of doing something to her dumb dog when it bit him.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 4511/10/2013

She probably went on the offensive to avoid a lawsuit.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 4611/10/2013

What do you expect R43....she is from the South after all.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 4711/10/2013

R42 thanks for sharing your story. You know, she's one of those super animal rights activists. I wonder if she is just maybe extra sensitive about her animals. Even though that totally sounds like her fault. Bigger country stars don't seem to like her that much but I can't tell if that's because she doesn't fit in with them because of her activism and being pro-gay marriage or if it's just because she's a bitch.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 4811/10/2013

It's too bad Bea Arthur's dead. Oh, I guess HD would ruin it in any event.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 4911/10/2013

I think Megan Hilty would be a good Maria.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 5011/10/2013

Carrie Underwhelming.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 5111/10/2013

I don't.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 5211/10/2013

r48, both.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 5311/10/2013

Some of you need some damn hearing aids. This girl is can barely stay in tune.

And yes, it was Carrie who sadistically murdered "Yesterday" during the Emmy's.

r9 made me cackle.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 5411/10/2013

[quote]Carrie Underwhelming.

Perfect name for her.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 5511/10/2013

With all these reports of her being a bitch, I'm convinced Juliette Barnes is fashioned after Carrie in "Nashville"

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 5711/10/2013

No, I don't think Juliette Barnes is based on Carrie. Carrie is a bitch, but she's not aggressive or sexual in the way that Juliette is. She also got where she is by winning American Idol, not from scraping her way to the top. There really isn't anyone at all like Juliette in Nashville. People here are generally and genuinely supportive and helpful to each other, and you just don't see that kind of climbing here. It just doesn't happen. Also what doesn't happen is someone like Scarlet getting a record deal. That's the weak plot point. Every single girl with a guitar here is looking to get a record deal, and someone would NEVER just luck into one. There are so many hurdles and so many other people looking for one, that the chance of someone just having one land in her lap like that without having written a bunch of hit singles first is about one in three gazillion. On the other hand, I can see Rayna being based on Faith Hill; someone who has been very successful, but sees her career starting to slip away as younger upstarts usurp her. Then again, that could be about any aging singer, but Faith is the one trying to hold on the hardest.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 5811/11/2013

You'll love the new scene in which Maria and Captain von Trapp resolve to escape Austria after they hear about Hitler's plan to enroll everybody in a health insurance exchange.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 5911/11/2013

Isn't Moyer the weak link in this production. He has a pleasant enough voice but it doesn't carry well and his acting range is limited. Still, he will make a more attractive Captain than she will a Maria. We already know that Borle and Audra can sing and act so the production won't be a total crapfest.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 6011/11/2013

[quote] it doesn't carry well

He'll be miked, Ethel.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 6111/11/2013

Christian Borle has no chin. It's freakishly distracting.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 6211/11/2013

Well, that may be true, Lucy, but the only way this is going to be entertaining is if it is miked like The Dueling Cavalier. I still say Moyer's voice and acting is going to be amateur hour.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 6311/11/2013

True, r62 but he looked really good on The Good Wife last night. He's slimmed down considerably and the chin isn't quite as distracting.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 6411/11/2013

Could Borle convincing play Dorothy Kilgallen?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 6511/11/2013

R58 I thought Rayna was more like Reba, and Juliette like Taylor Swift. But I'm guessing they're really composites.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 6611/11/2013

I keep seeing this commercial!! ... Apparently this performance will be done in front of live people!! and they'll have to memorize all them lines!! And they'll lip-sing all them foreign songs in only 1 take!! Can y'all imaginate having to do a live movie show!! It's never been done before I tell y'all!!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 6711/11/2013

Well, it is a rare occurence. Not at all unprecedented, of course.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 6811/11/2013

Rayna isn't really like Reba. Although Reba's aging, she's doing surprisingly well, possible because she branched out into acting, so it doesn't seem like her career is hinging on whether her new song is doing well or not. Juliette is nothing like Swift, who really is a lovely, sweet, considerate person. You might not want to believe it, but Swift is really a good person. If anything, Juliette is like the late Mindy McCreedy, who used her youth and sexuality to get ahead, but she wasn't an unkind, sneaky person. I'm not sure either of the characters are composites, though, so much as plot devices, although Rayna's character rings a little more true.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 6911/11/2013

Only a few weeks until the live telecast. If you don't watch this turn in your gay card at the front desk.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 7011/20/2013

How are they going to do the helicopter shot?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 7111/20/2013

"This video is private."

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 7211/20/2013

[quote]The role principally has been hers for nearly 50 years, but Julie Andrews applauds Carrie Underwood getting a turn as Maria in "The Sound of Music."

[quote]The country music superstar headlines a live, three-hour NBC telecast of the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical Thursday, Dec. 5. Oscar, Emmy and Grammy winner Andrews -- whose classic 1965 movie version gets its traditional ABC holiday airing Sunday, Dec. 22 -- says she's interested to see how the new production goes, particularly because of the live aspect (in the eastern half of the country).

[quote]"Fifty years later, it's time somebody had another crack at it," Andrews tells Zap2it. "I had the best time of my life doing it, and it did wonderful things for me. I think it's great that it's being done again, but doing it live must be so daunting for Carrie.

[quote]"I know they're not doing the movie, though. They're doing the Broadway show -- that's what they have the rights to -- and I don't know whether it will resonate similarly. In the movie, we cut some things from the stage version and added some songs."

[quote]Andrews is familiar with the original rendering, having seen it when Mary Martin (Larry Hagman's mother) played Maria on the Great White Way: "It's a lovely piece, and I do hope it works for Carrie, because she's lovely and I'm a fan. I wish her well."

Now, let's read between the lines:

"Says she's interested to see how the new production goes, particularly because of the live aspect" = Going to laugh her ass off when everyone sees it's barely better than a college production.

"Doing it live must be so daunting for Carrie." = Can't sing, can't act, this is going to be a disaster.

"I know they're not doing the movie, though. They're doing the Broadway show -- that's what they have the rights to -- and I don't know whether it will resonate similarly." = The public is going to HATE this.

"I hope it works for her. I wish her well." = I'll be having popcorn, because this is going to be hysterical.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 7311/20/2013

They should have asked Julie to play the Mother Abbess... Oh, wait. That's a singing part.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 7411/20/2013

I saw an ad for the show in a magazine -- apparently the recording is coming out a couple of days ahead of the telecast. I expect reviews here, people!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 7511/20/2013

I think Christian Borle will make an admirable Max Detweiler. He already has playing crypto-gays down to a science: he plays one every day.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 7611/21/2013

Wow, r73--Dame Julie is GOOD! She should write a book on how to put someone down without putting them down.

Julie's rendition of "The Sound of Music" brings tears to my eyes. Whenever this new production's commercial airs, and I hear Underwood warbling it in that generic, Disney-pop-star voice, I want to tear my hair out.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 7711/21/2013

[quote]Julie's rendition of "The Sound of Music" brings tears to my eyes.

MARIA!!

That said, I totally agree about Underwood's "Disney-pop-star voice". This will be a train-wreck worth watching.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 7811/21/2013

Ha ha--I admit, I almost MARY!'d myself after I typed that, r78, but your MARIA!! was hilarious. W&W for you!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 7911/21/2013

Carrie requires a lot of time in the make up chair, all that air-brushed orange foundation, liquid liner, false eyelashes, countouring, etc. I can't imagine she would have been considered for the original production in '65 because Technicolor requires that harsh, super bright shadow-less lighting.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 8011/21/2013

I agree! W&W for you 78.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 8111/21/2013

This will be a huge hit on television,as the entire redneck nation will be watching.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 8211/21/2013

R80- It wasn't filmed in Technicolor. It was filmed in Color by deLuxe which was an exclusive of 20th Century Fox.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 8311/21/2013

LOL R82...

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 8411/21/2013

R86

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 8511/21/2013

Anyone know which studio will be used for this live performance?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 8611/21/2013

HER FACE!!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER FAAACE!!!???

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 8711/21/2013

R88 In Brooklyn I believe. Don't know the name of the studio.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 8811/21/2013

Thanks r88, bet it's the former NBC facility at Avenue M and 14th, now JC Studios. NBC's first color studio in 1954. AW from 1964-99 and ATWT from 2000-2010.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 8911/21/2013

Sorry, my thanks are to r90.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 9011/21/2013

I thought they were filming in Long Island?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 9111/21/2013

R89 Is it a cunt face?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 9211/21/2013

r93, the production is live, not on film.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 9311/21/2013

R95 Not on the West Coast, it ain't.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 9411/21/2013

[quote]Anyone know which studio will be used for this live performance?

It's coming to you live from beautiful downtown Bethpage, Long Island at The Grumman Studios.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 9511/21/2013

Wouldn't it be great if someone set off the fire alarm or sprinklers during "My Favorite Things"?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 9611/21/2013

Grumman is a fairly new set of enormous soundstages, previously airplane hangars. Salt and the forthcoming The Amazing Spiderman 2 and Noah were shot there. One soundstage will simply be for the mountains, using rear screen projection. Another will simply be for the nunnery, another for the house, another for the wedding chapel and another for the Salzburg Music Festival Hall. Each has room for camera cranes. Technically it really seems to be shaping up as a fabulous achievement, crapfest or not.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 9711/21/2013

"One soundstage will simply be for the mountains, using rear screen projection. Another will simply be for the nunnery, another for the house, another for the wedding chapel and another for the Salzburg Music Festival Hall. Each has room for camera cranes. Technically it really seems to be shaping up as a fabulous achievement, crapfest or not."

What's the technical achievement - having a bunch of different soundstages? Has that never been done before?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 9811/21/2013

Well at least it won't look as cramped as the 1957 TV musical, Julie Andrews in CINDERELLA.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 9911/21/2013

Praying for FOLLIES: Live!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 10011/21/2013

R102 I don't think Logo has that kind of money.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 10111/22/2013

Hmmm I thought they were just going to sing the numbers similar to the "South Pacific" production a few years ago on PBS with Reba and Harry Connock Jr. But it sounds like they are doing the full shebang.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 10211/22/2013

The kids in costume

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 10311/22/2013

Is it tradition to cast someone as Kurt who doesn't have a neck?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 10411/22/2013

Joe West's (Kurt) mom is actress Maura West who is a sexy, film noir type character on daytime soap General Hospital.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 10511/22/2013

The kids in the film were A LOT cuter.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 10611/22/2013

I wonder if they might use any of the Von Trapp kids in the movie for cameos in the TV special. Nicholas Hammond (Friedrich) and Angela Cartwright (Brigitta) are the first ones that come to mind.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 10711/22/2013

Those are some homely children.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 10811/22/2013

Friedrich looks kind of cute. Is it legal to drool over him, yet?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 10911/22/2013

I have a feeling the Von Trapp kids were undercast so nobody could possible eclipse the cuteness of Carrie Underwood. And that includes the kids.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 11011/22/2013

I bet those brats can't sing as well as we did.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 11111/22/2013

When Carrie Underwood was asked by Ryan Seacrest on the Emmy red carpet whether or not she had seen the epic movie The Sounds of Music she answered "Yes. But her rendition would include music."

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 11211/22/2013

Does that mean yodeling R114?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 11311/22/2013

[quote] Yes. But her rendition would include music.

Did she have a brainfart and forget the word extra?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 11411/22/2013

She actually said "Yes, but we're doing the musical version." She meant to say they were doing the stage version.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 11511/22/2013

Can't wait for the revues from Datalounge after the show!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 11611/23/2013

Carrie Underpants is a cunt.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 11711/23/2013

I saw her with her braids pinned up... she looks... so German. In a bad, period picture kind of a way. I'm starting to wonder if the last scene is Maria climbing the mountains alone.... AND STRAIGHT TO KEHLSTEINHAUS!!!!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 11811/23/2013

Those costumes look hillarious. Carrie looks like a cartoony oktoberfest waitress.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 11911/24/2013

Doesn't this seem like more of a Sunday night thing than a Thursday night? Who is going to sit in front of their tv for 3 hours on a Thursday night? I mean, besides you queens?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 12011/24/2013

I don't get why it's on a Thursday night rather than a Sunday night, either. Unless NBC is that desperate to put their tanking comedy line-up on hold for another week.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 12111/24/2013

Thursday night is the biggest bight for advertising sales.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 12211/24/2013

Since they cut my favorite number "An Ordinary Couple," all I really care about is Liesl has to be pretty. I saw Imelda de Martin play that role in the first national (Florence Henderson) company back in 1961 and she was beautiful.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 12311/24/2013

Sunday would also seem to have the advantage that it could have started at 7 instead of 8. 7-10 seems like a much more advantageous time slot for a "family friendly" broadcast than 8-11, when it'll lose lots of kids (and maybe their parents with them) to bedtime before it's over. But I guess NBC has Sunday Night Football, so probably can't run anything else on Sunday nights during football season. If I were them, I still might have waited on this SOUND OF MUSIC for another time of the year when it could be on a Sunday 7-10, instead of a Thursday 8-11 just because it's the Christmas season.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 12411/24/2013

NBC doesn't want to repeat a particular Sunday night decades ago. "Heidi" started on time interrupting a football game.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 12511/24/2013

This is the "Heidi" story ...

On November 17, 1968, the Oakland Raiders score two touchdowns in nine seconds to beat the New York Jets--and no one sees it, because they’re watching the movie Heidi instead.

With just 65 seconds left to play, NBC switched off the game in favor of its previously scheduled programming, a made-for-TV version of the children’s story about a young girl and her grandfather in the Alps.

Viewers were outraged, and they complained so vociferously that network execs learned a lesson they’ll never forget: "Whatever you do," one said, "you better not leave an NFL football game."

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 12611/24/2013

Gypsy played on ABC on a Sunday night in early December and got huge ratings. Same producers as The Sound Of Music, Neil Meron and Craig Zadan.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 12711/24/2013

How wince-inducing will tomorrow night's Making Of...special be on a scale of 1 to 10?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 12811/26/2013

Surely it won't be any worse than the show itself, will it?

I'm making popcorn.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 12911/27/2013

Behind the scenes special tonight at 8PM

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 13011/27/2013

Okay, it's time for me to eat a little crow. The Making Of... has been really entertaining. Particularly the audition process for the casting of the kids. Who are quite cute. Still photos don't do them justice. And they are really talented. Carrie sounds great on all but the title song but she still has a week to rehearse. As I suspected, Moyer seems to be the weak link and they don't really spend too much time on him, although he is doing a good job of narrating. I may actually enjoy this. Who knew? This is a first class production. NBC finally has a winner on it's hands.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 13111/27/2013

r133 = paid shill

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 13211/27/2013

Not a shill. I am genuinely surprised that this might actually be good. Sue me.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 13311/27/2013

Did anyone see Moyer in "Chicago" at the Hollywood Bowl?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 13411/27/2013

R58 said: "She also got where she is by winning American Idol, not from scraping her way to the top."

Not that I care about Carrie at all but the Idols who were most successful like Kelly, Clay, Carrie, Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson and others were all scraping their way to the top since they were children. Idol was just the exposure needed to really break out. But none of them just went to audition ion a whim and became stars overnight. They all played bars and toured for years and years.

Idol wants you to think they pluck stars out of thin air but thats a lie.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 13511/27/2013

Ironic that this fundie cunt is playing a woman who flees the Nazis.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 13611/27/2013

I gotta say I was also expecting the worst but was charmed by the cast, especially the kids

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 13711/27/2013

Since Carrie and Kristi Dawn are both Okies, shouldn't they get together for "Oklahoma!"?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 13811/27/2013

So what about that hot Asian rehearsal pianist?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 13911/27/2013

[quote]She also got where she is by winning American Idol, not from scraping her way to the top

So you think she just woke up one day and said, "Hey maybe I'll be a singer, American idol is coming to town"? You can't be that much of a fool.

[quote]Ironic that this fundie cunt is playing a woman who flees the Nazis.

So a stupid skit on an award show, that she didn't even write, defines her, huh? You know nothing about her.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 14011/27/2013

Friedrich is a baby geyling

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 14111/27/2013

I want to see Rolf's feets.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 14211/28/2013

Friedrich is a cutie. Kurt is so gay he's jamming my gaydar for the rest of the cast.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 14311/28/2013

Moyer pings too

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 14411/28/2013

Rolf looked a bit too "ethnic" for an Aryan. But with a black Mother Abbess, I guess no one will notice.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 14511/28/2013

[quote]Rolf looked a bit too "ethnic" for an Aryan. But with a black Mother Abbess, I guess no one will notice.

Maybe they will die his hair close to air time. Idiot at ATC thinks NBC converted Grumman for the production.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 14611/28/2013

[quote]Kurt is so gay he's jamming my gaydar for the rest of the cast

Kurt is Joe West and his mother is the fabulous film noir-ish soap actress Maura West who plays Ava Jerome on General Hospital.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 14711/28/2013

[quote]Since Carrie and Kristi Dawn are both Okies, shouldn't they get together for "Oklahoma!"?

Don't forget me!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 14811/28/2013

Or me!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 14911/28/2013

Megan, you're not a REAL Okie. You were born in Los Angeles and lived here until you were 6.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 15011/28/2013

Carrie is being given the GW Bush treatment, which right wingers do when they know they are producing an inferior product. The bar of expectation is set very low, so , if the person goes even one inch above the base standard, they hail it as a triumph. This is the case with this show...... and all the gays will watch.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 15111/28/2013

Not everything is about politics, r153. Stop being a victim.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 15211/28/2013

LAURA BENANTI!!!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 15311/28/2013

Didn't Mary Martin co-produce the stage "The Sound of Music" as well as star in the musical? I remember vaguely that she had to sell a piece of her investment in the musical at some point for tax reasons. The same with "Peter Pan."

Still she must have really cleaned up financially, since the TSOM ran for years on Broadway and was a much bigger hit in films.

Perhaps not a lot of money by today's standard, but certainly by the standards of the 1960s.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 15411/28/2013

[quote] As I suspected, Moyer seems to be the weak link and they don't really spend too much time on him, although he is doing a good job of narrating.

Nice burn!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 15511/28/2013

I like Moyer but he seems afraid to really let loose. I understand that he doesn't have a particularly strong voice but even miked it was hard to hear him. He does seem like a will o the wisp in the musical theater genre. And to the poster who wrote that he pings, I noticed that too. It was quite the surprise to see him so "animated":)

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 15611/28/2013

Rolf is extremely hot with a killer cleft chin! Doesn't look Austrian but neither does Mother Superior!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 15711/28/2013

[quote]Carrie is being given the GW Bush treatment, which right wingers do when they know they are producing an inferior product. The bar of expectation is set very low, so , if the person goes even one inch above the base standard, they hail it as a triumph. This is the case with this show...... and all the gays will watch

What the hell are you babbling about? And on what planet do you live on where this is an inferior product? This is a first rate production whether you think so or not.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 15811/29/2013

Does Borle have size meat?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 15911/29/2013

Aren't they recording the music and singing and having the cast lipsync?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 16011/29/2013

Several local stations have done promo features. Reporters say they can't show us the sets because it's part of the surprise. Two minutes later there's a commercial with Underwood and the kids dancing on three sets.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 16111/29/2013

BMcM is a fantartic director.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 16211/29/2013

Joe West is the son of Maura West and Scott DeFreitas.

She had another son, Benjamin, with her first husband Jonathan Knight from NKOTB.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 16311/29/2013

Based on what I viewed on the "making of" NBC special, Carrie's acting is pretty bad.

It's no wonder she's supposedly received Julie Andrew's blessing . . . Miss Andrews is confident her iconic performance will not be touched.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 16411/29/2013

It was magnifico! This will clean up on People's Choice Awards this year!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 16511/29/2013

As will "Hello, Ross".

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 16611/29/2013

Hasn't Maura West popped out, like, 5 kids with DeFreitas?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 16711/29/2013

The music will be pre-recorded. The cast will sing over the tracks.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 16811/29/2013

Why is the kid's last name West?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 16911/29/2013

Will they sing "How Can Love Survive?"

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 17011/29/2013

Oh brother, are they going to give Audra another award for Mother Abbess?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 17111/29/2013

I saw the Broadway revival and a local theatre company (Smithtown CPA) do Sound of Music, and I think the stage version now includes songs from the movie, including I Have Confidence and Somewhere in My Youth or Childhood. The Smithtown one also had My Favorite Things sung by Maria and the Mother Abbess and not to the children during a storm.

I wonder which version or hybrid they are using for the TV show.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 17211/29/2013

She is not looking attractive in this. The camera magnifies her jowls and ski-jump nose.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 17311/29/2013

Julie kind of has a ski-jump nose, too.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 17411/29/2013

Who cares what size meat Christian Borle has. You just know it has oozing zits all over it.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 17511/29/2013

Ah, the only thing missing from this production is that right wing bitch from Everybody Loves Raymond.

I won't be watching.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 17611/29/2013

R161 R178 "Small" is a size, isn't it?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 17711/29/2013

When is this thing airing?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 17811/29/2013

Thursday, December 5th at 8PM. I think it's three and a half hours long. Could be mistaken.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 17911/29/2013

[quote]Will they sing "How Can Love Survive?"

They showed them rehearsing it in the special. That and "No Way To Stop It." And it was Maria and the kids doing "My Favorite Things."

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 18011/29/2013

[quote] Will they sing "How Can Love Survive?"

If they cut it, I walk.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 18111/29/2013

Laura Benanti is sexy. Is she the one Borle was banging?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 18211/29/2013

[quote] Laura Benanti is sexy. Is she the one Borle was banging?

No, that was Laura Bell Bundy.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 18311/29/2013

r182 is correct, and the night before (Wednesday, the 4th) from 8:00-9:00 NBC presents the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lighting.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 18411/29/2013

How many nosejobs has Laura BB had now?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 18511/29/2013

I gather there will be a live orchestra there, they won't be singing to a track.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 18611/29/2013

[quote]I gather there will be a live orchestra there, they won't be singing to a track.

Once again, they are singing live to a 27 piece orchestra track. They recorded the orchestra and while they were doing that, they recorded the cast vocals which will be released as the soundtrack/cast album only. They will be singing live on the show.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 18711/29/2013

FOLLIES had a 28 piece orchestra! I won't stand for one player less!?!?!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 18811/29/2013

I watched the one hour "making of" commercial for this that NBC ran a few nights ago.

Carrie Underwood may be a great singer, but whoever cast this show should have asked if she can act.

The character of Maria is supposed to be vulnerable and naive. I don't get the impression that Ms. Underwood can pull that off ... or too many other emotions, either.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 18911/29/2013

Laura Bell Bundy has had multiple nose jobs and she still has that huge honker? She should sue her plastic surgeon.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 19011/30/2013

[quote] I think it's three and a half hours long.

It will feel like 33 and a half hours.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 19111/30/2013

Agree, agree, 184 and 185. I was devastated when they cut it from the movie. I'm old enough to remember Marion Marlow, who sang it on Broadway, with Arthur Godfrey.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 19211/30/2013

Will anyone believe Stephen Moyer would leave Laura Benanti for Carrie Underpants? Especially in those Oktoberfest frocks??

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 19311/30/2013

[quote] Will anyone believe Stephen Moyer would leave Laura Benanti for Carrie Underpants?

Maybe he has a thing for blonds

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 19411/30/2013

At least they were smart enough to cast Broadway performers in the supporting roles.

Audra, Laura and Christian have seven Tony Awards between them.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 19511/30/2013

A cast with seven Tonys? What's so simple about that?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 19611/30/2013

[quote]Carrie Underwood may be a great singer, but whoever cast this show should have asked if she can act.

You sound like an ATC Asshole that goes to a first preview and deems it not worth opening. You saw very early rehearsals, Dear. Unclench, you might actually enjoy it, but you have already made up your mind.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 19711/30/2013

According to an article in today's NY Times, the performers will be singing live to pre recorded tracks.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 19812/01/2013

How very dare you!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 20012/01/2013

Will they be singing to a live orchestra?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 20112/01/2013

According to the Picayune Post, they'll be singing along to an original vinyl pressing of the OBC.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 20212/01/2013

Why would they be singing to pre-recorded tracks if a 37 piece orchestra is supposed to be present?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 20312/01/2013

Joe West has taken his mother's maiden name as a stage name.

It is more commercial sounding than DeFretias.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 20412/01/2013

It's an easier job for the sound people.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 20512/01/2013

r209 He's also taken his mother's face. He looks just like her.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 20612/01/2013

I think he looks like his dad, too.

A friend of mine is playing a Nazi in it and he said the first dress rehearsal went great last night. He thinks Carrie Underwood will be a total revelation to some, at least for her singing, which he said is superb. And he said Audra McDonald, Christian Borle, Laura Benanti and Kristine Nielsen all have priceless comic moments in it, as do some of the children.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 20712/04/2013

R212- I know someone who is in the ensemble and she said Carrie is doing a great job.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 20812/04/2013

She can sing any jandra.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 20912/04/2013

What's the word on Moyer's performance, r212? Did your friend mention him at all? Same question for kcguy.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 21012/04/2013

R214 should be signed Bo B.

The soundtrack is really good. I'm not a big fan of either 'Climb Ev'ry Mountain' or Audra McDonald recordings, but she sings it beautifully. L. Benanti's high notes are also perfect, as is that hot piece of trade playing Rolf. Moyer is the weak link vocally, but he's not close to Russell Crowe awfulness.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 21112/04/2013

No R215. Paula only mentioned Carrie and Audra Ann. She said both were amazing. Will post if I hear anything.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 21212/04/2013

Carrie Underwood singing "The Sound of Music" from the new recording.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 21312/04/2013

This one-hour show cost close to $9 million.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 21412/04/2013

I believe it's three and a half hours long, r219. The production values are first rate. And the talent doesn't come cheap. Not surprising.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 21512/04/2013

It is scheduled in a three-hour timeslot.

And there'll be commercials, of course.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 21612/04/2013

If only Joe Manganiello had been free to play Capt Von Trappe!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 21712/04/2013

I hope Moyer kills it just to make Manganiello jealous. And you know it will.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 21812/04/2013

This will produce big ratings in the heartland (notice I didn't say flyover country) -- well, big ratings for a network in 2013, at least. The Hollywood Reporter says NBC is already eying a repeat telecast before Christmas.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 21912/04/2013

The show is technically 2 hrs 15 min with 45 minutes of commercials and promos.

My friend said Moyer's singing has improved greatly in recent days, he looks very handsome and is higly credible as Von Trapp. He adores the children but says keep a special eye on the ones who play Louisa and Marta. He said the little girl who plays Marta has a few terrific comical moments and the young lady who plays Louisa has a genuine future as an actress. He likes Ariane Rinehart and Michael Campayno a lot and added that "Sixteen Going On Seventeen" was a bitch to stage but it will pay off tomorrow night. And he really adores Carrie Underwood, her acting is getting better and better and her singing will absolutely shut the Haters down.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 22012/05/2013

DVD being released in two weeks too.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 22112/05/2013

Why be a killjoy, r225? You don't know that. We have some inside scoop and you dis the messenger. No wonder this place is so dead.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 22312/05/2013

r225 seemed like an upbeat post...

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 22412/05/2013

My post was meant for r227. Apologies r225. I liked your scoop. Thank your friend for the info.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 22512/05/2013

Only a few more hours to go. I'm thinking about making some pink lemonade and apfelstrudel for tonight. I know, I know: MARY!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 22612/05/2013

I feel the same way, r231! I really want to see this. And I hope it's good. I don't have a strong opinion about Underwood one way or the other so I'm not rooting her to fail. I appreciate what they are trying to do. Break a leg kids!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 22712/05/2013

I have a friend in the cast too and he said at every break Carrie Underwood goes into her dressing room and watches Fox news.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 22812/05/2013

Carrie was a Tri Sig in college so she's OK in my book.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 22912/05/2013

From what I heard of Underwood singing on the commercial she could hit the notes but her voice was lifeless and lacked feeling compared to Andrews. And I never felt Andrews' singing voice had a lot of emotion until I heard Underwood in the commercial.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 23012/05/2013

Underwood and McDonald sound very odd together on their duet - one belting, and one sopranoing it up.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 23112/05/2013

Do they have schnitzel with noodles at the craft services table?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 23212/05/2013

No, r238. This looks like a straight forward attempt to replicate the stage show. They aren't going for camp. I'll settle for entertaining.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 23312/05/2013

So, at last night's Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting, Audra MacDonald gave us a preview of what her performance tonight will be like. She sang "Climb Every Mountain." .. It was sort of meh. She obviously never heard Patricia Neway or Leontyne Price sing it. She hasn't a clue as to how dynamic the piece can be. It can almost steal the show when done right. Let's see what she does with it tonight.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 23412/05/2013

I think Laura Benanti will be going for camp.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 23512/05/2013

C'mon, Maria will be played by a bleached blonde country music star and mother superior is suddenly black...I think this certainly has some camp potential.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 23612/05/2013

Well, unintentionally camp, r242. Which is the best kind of camp. Are we all going to meet back here and live post during the show?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 23712/05/2013

I have an bootleg audio of Mary Martin and the original cast in a complete performance. Martin's Texas twang came through loud and clear.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 23812/05/2013

R241- I just remembered that Benanti made her Broadway debut replacing Rebecca Luker in the revival.. she was only 19.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 23912/05/2013

Anyone ready EW.com's listing of each song from worst to best? They have Something Good as the worst song from SOM. I kind of always liked the melody, although the lyrics "somewhere in my youth, or childhood" never really made any sense.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 24012/05/2013

Ordinary Couple, excluded again.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 24112/05/2013

Julie Andrews was a bleached blonded as well.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 24212/05/2013

I pronounced children .... cheeldren.

"Now cheeldren, once you have these notes in your head you can sing a million different tunes by mixing them up."

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 24312/05/2013

Yeah, R240, that Audra McDonald what a hack.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 24412/05/2013

DL HAS to liveblog this. It's one of the things we pay for.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 24512/05/2013

[quote]DL HAS to liveblog this. It's one of the things we pay for.

Ditto. Not counting the Emmys, the Oscars, etc., this should be the most liveblogged DL event since Liza introduced the Boyfriend Blazer.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 24612/05/2013

r216 said "The soundtrack is really good." Since this a live performance it can't have soundtrack, a term exclusive to movies. The edge of 16 & 35mm celluloid film has a track which carries the sound, the "soundtrack." We're sure the poster meant to say "the music is really good."

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 24712/05/2013

There had better be a liveblog going on here, it's not like any of my real life friends give a shit about this stuff.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 24812/05/2013

Naturally, those of us who can't watch it live (i.e., we're on the West Coast) can't participate!

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 24912/05/2013

anyone have a live link for west coasters?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 25012/05/2013

Wonder if the cast stayed in beautiful downtown Bethpage for the last week or they bused them back to the city.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 25112/05/2013

stayed in Bethpage for the final few days of dress rehearsals, etc.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 25212/05/2013

It's beginning right now! ..

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 25312/05/2013

They are following the sequence of events of the Broadway show and not the Hollywood film. Some people will find it refreshing and different and others will be disappointed. The performances so far are rather bland. I'm gonna stick with it for a while...

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 25412/05/2013

The sound quality is OK but sometimes I hear a fuzzy sound?

Underwood started really tearing up during the Climb Every Mountain song .

Old Beel as the captain is decent.

Audra adds a touch of operatic class.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 25512/05/2013

R192 here.

I would like to ask R200 -- Now that it's over, what did you think of Carrie Underwood's acting?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 25612/05/2013

It was the mother of all train wrecks.

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 25712/10/2013

Why haven't they repeated this one?

by what is it you caaaaan't facereply 25803/05/2015
Need more help? Click Here.