Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CMA’s Turn Into Bigger National Embarrassment Than Usual As Millionaire Country ‘Stars’ Mock Obamacare

Millionaire Country music stars Carrie Underwood (Jesus Take the Wheel) and Brad Paisley (What a Friend We Have in Jesus) joined their vapid fans at the Country Music Awards. The cohosts, ignoring that Obamacare is a health care law rather than a web site, spent their time engaging in a right wing propaganda campaign that would make Ted Cruz proud.

Using the one brain cell they share, the two launched into what, to the audience, probably seemed like a series of clever jokes about the Healthcare.gov web site. Claiming that, STILL, only about six people have signed up in an attempt to make the health care law seem unpopular, the two shamelessly pushed the idea that the law is a failure.

To the rest of us, though, the two presented a national embarrassment. At least we can take solace in the fact that they were able to remember most of their lines.

by Anonymousreply 17511/11/2013

UNDERWOOD: Hey, do you have that ObamaCare?

PAISLEY: ObamaCare? What’s that?

UNDERWOOD: Oh, it’s great. It’s great.

PAISLEY: What is it?

UNDERWOOD: I started signing up last Thursday and I’m almost done. Let’s go to the website and get you signed up.

PAISLEY: Oh, okay.

UNDERWOOD: Let’s see here. Let’s see. This can’t be too hard, right?

PAISLEY: Why is it spinning?

UNDERWOOD: Oh, it does that.

PAISLEY: Okay, but why’s it smoking?

UNDERWOOD: Oh, I don’t, maybe we should restart it?

BOTH: ObamaCare by morning why is this takin’ so long?

PAISLEY: I’m gonna wind up with hemorrhoids.

BOTH: If I sit here till dawn. We’ll have cataracts and dementia. Oh this is gettin’ on my last nerve. ObamaCare by morning, over six people served.

by Anonymousreply 111/08/2013

That was the skit? Dear god, that's not even good for an ironic laugh.

by Anonymousreply 211/08/2013

I just finished my enrollment yesterday in NYS. It's amazing coverage for a low price with no deductible...

by Anonymousreply 311/08/2013

seriously, is this a surprise?

ignorant country rednecks, taking digs at democrats. newsflash? i think not.

they will always be the same. they are ignorant racists who will forever be ignorant racists.

i don't even have the time to be disgusted with them, so let them wallow in their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 411/08/2013

R3, how much? And why kind of coverage?

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2013

[quote]That was the skit? Dear god, that's not even good for an ironic laugh.

What were you expecting? Witty republicans?

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2013

[quote]It's a joke people.

Aren't those supposed to be funny?

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2013

No, R5, [italic]they[/italic] are "joke people."

by Anonymousreply 911/08/2013

CMA's = Republican National Convention

And with that sea of white faces, it's not too much shy of a Nazi rally either.

DL has a lot of white people with bad taste in music, but at least the country music threads are kept to an extreme minimum, as it should be.

by Anonymousreply 1011/08/2013

Those ignorant rednecks hate any thing the Democratic Party does, because they were kicked out, the Dixiecrats were an embarrassment and continue with their idiocy today, with the Republican agenda, hatred.

However, those rednecks reap the benefit of Democratic policies, and sit mute on that fact.

by Anonymousreply 1111/08/2013

Why does Taylor Swift even go to this shit? You can tell she's over it. And she's far from country these days, vanilla as she may be.

by Anonymousreply 1211/08/2013

If you ever watch one of the country music video channel (which I suspect most here don't) you will see half of their songs are pure pandering to their base -- basically saying you are fun loving, beer drinking, flag waving, god loving, and you represent real America. A lot of themes involving veterans as well.

by Anonymousreply 1311/08/2013

No R7, just something so bad that it would at least be amusing. That's just...oatmeal.

by Anonymousreply 1411/08/2013

And their fans just love 'em for it all. Worked with a very wise woman many years ago, her favorite maxim was "You can fix a lot of things, but stupid ain't one of 'em." QED

by Anonymousreply 1511/08/2013

They are right wingers, red necks, don't forget what they did to the Dixie Chicks for mocking Bush.

by Anonymousreply 1611/08/2013

It's not a huge surprise I guess, but seems extremely tacky to have a scheduled skit with such an overt political message but no actual content.

by Anonymousreply 1811/08/2013

Ain't it high-larious when millionaires make the dumbass dirt-poor rednecks laugh about this newfangled health care! Yay, country music stars, always ready to cater to the lowest possible denominator.

by Anonymousreply 1911/08/2013

Their Joke Writer was Bill O'Reilly.

What do you expect from a segment of the population who made the song Proud to be an American a #1 hit.

To compare to the Dixie chicks - Natalie Maines said to a crowd of thousands "we are ashamed the president is from texas." in response to him going to war with Iraq after 9/11.

For that they were banned from country radio, all of their peers shunned them and they were blacklisted. The reason? bad mouthing the president during a time of war.

So now we have two country stars doing a skit where they bad mouth the president during a time of war but not to a few thousand but a few million on national television. Do we think clear channel and country radio will blacklist them?

by Anonymousreply 2011/08/2013

R17, please see R20. And R20, I owe you a muffin basket for expressing it much better than I could.

by Anonymousreply 2111/08/2013

It sounds like the skit is just making fun of the website. But considering their audience, it definitely comes off like GOP anti-Obama crap.

New respect for Taylor Swift and Faith Hill for not laughing at that.

by Anonymousreply 2211/08/2013

r17 A little? You call that a little? YOU stand in his shoes, and do it with the equanimity that he does. You wouldn't last a day.

by Anonymousreply 2311/08/2013

The same people defending this scripted skit go ballistic when a "Hollywood liberal" goes OFF script in an acceptance speech or a red carpet appearance. Dollars to ducking donuts, every last fan of this partisan propaganda, which was rehearsed and arranged before the show even aired, goes nuts when a Sean Penn or Michael Moore dares to air an opinion.

And don't forget the Dixie Chicks. This was their fanbase and they don't even have careers anymore, and not because they took part in a skit or even hijacked an awards show, but because they dared to air dissent at on of their own concerts. Oh but a scripted comedy act is ok because "it's just poking a little fun" at a sitting president.

This is what fascism really looks like.

An illegal war waged by a white president is sacrosanct, but a black president extending healthcare to the poor, the sick and the underemployed is fair game.

Country music fans disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 2411/08/2013

The looks on the faces of Taylor Swift, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and Connie Britton were priceless. Sheryl Crow looked like she was having a good laugh, but she's trying to break into the country market so I assume she threw her convictions aside.

by Anonymousreply 2511/08/2013

Sheryl Crow has been a sellout forever. Anyone there is... fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 2611/08/2013

Sheryl Crowe was with that scumbag Lance Armstrong for years. He was Bush's buddy. She's completely suspect at this point.

by Anonymousreply 2711/08/2013

If country music was trying to work that cross-over appeal, they failed miserably.

And R28 should look up "context" in the dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 2911/08/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3011/08/2013

r28 because SNL is a traditional sketched based show that lampoons current political, social and popular trends. The CMA's are an award show for country music, not a place for Political grandstanding sketches.

You can chalk it up to just making fun of the website, but they were making fun of affordable healthcare as well. In addition they were quoting republican based propaganda that only 6 people signed up.

It was a direct attack on a sitting president and the LAW that was passed, using humor. Not to mention we are still at war. So again, the Dixie Chicks were actively shut out of Country Radio and made scape goats for a 10 second statement of opinion. The reason given was they were negative towards our US President during a time of war.

So where is the equal hate for Underwood and Paisley? They mocked the sitting President's policy using propaganda as fact during a time of war.

Are they banned from Country Radio? Is Clear Channel outraged? Have their record sales tanked? Nope. All you get is "aw sucks, they was just havin sum fun...hee haw style..."

by Anonymousreply 3111/08/2013

I LOVED how Brad Paisley thanked Taylor Swift for NOT humping a Teddy Bear in order to get success. That was Classic!!

Then on Showtime tonight, they went on and on about how classy and elegant Taylor Swift was and how she wrote her own songs and played multiple musical instruments......

unlike some other, tongue wagging, inbred trash that shall go nameless.

by Anonymousreply 3411/08/2013

I didn't see it, only heard it on the radio.

No wit, no timing, no substance, and what was with the phony, corn-pone country accents?

by Anonymousreply 3511/08/2013

Remember according to Chely Wright, Brad told her he thinks being gay is a 'choice'

by Anonymousreply 3811/08/2013

Brad Paisley is such a lousy lover that he turned his girlfriend into a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 4011/08/2013

Reba began the CMA's by savaging the Dixie Chicks the year of that kerfluffle.

by Anonymousreply 4411/08/2013

Stupid inbred, redneck assholes.

by Anonymousreply 4611/08/2013

Satire?? In what universe is nitwit extraordinaire Carrie Underwood capable of satire??

Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 4811/08/2013

Shut up R10. There are many democratic/ liberal country artists.

The Dixie Chicks,

Emmylou Harris,

Willie Nelson

Steve Earle

Dolly Parton

Tim McGraw

Faith Hill

Garth Brooks

Trisha Yearwood

by Anonymousreply 4911/08/2013

White trash inbred hicks. And how convenient for rich celebs who already have insurance to make fun of something that will give health insurance to people who couldn't get it before because of pre-existing conditions.

by Anonymousreply 5011/08/2013

[quote]Satire?? In what universe is nitwit extraordinaire Carrie Underwood capable of satire??

And to think they're going to have this bozo in the remake of The Sound of Music. Talk about ruining a classic.

by Anonymousreply 5111/08/2013

Carrie Underwood came out in favor of gay marriage a couple of years ago. She's also been vocal on Twitter about animal rights issues.

And speaking of hypocrisy, R49, I wonder how many jokes have been made at the CMAs at a Republican president's expense?

by Anonymousreply 5211/08/2013

R54 Who the fuck cares if she came out in favor of gay marriage? These people say they're in favor of gay marriage, yet they vote for Republican assholes that do all they can to prevent it. Yeah, really pro-gay.

by Anonymousreply 5311/08/2013

Carrie is married to a fundie hockey player who has the intellect of a potato and who enjoys bow hunting. Judging from her dress in the skit at R38, it looks like he was also making wardrobe choices for her.

I am puzzled by Underwood's pro-gay marriage stance. Everything else about her screams Republican Cunt to me.

by Anonymousreply 5411/08/2013

Someone needs to let cuntry music fans know that American idol and its contestants are jokes and not to be taken seriously as "musicians."

by Anonymousreply 5511/08/2013

Gallup has been thoroughly discredited, R44.

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 5611/08/2013

Keith Urban - still fuckable.

It was nice to see that some country artists refused to be bullied by those redneck motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 5711/08/2013

r56, that's our Carrie Underpants!

by Anonymousreply 5911/09/2013

I think we've just been told off by the writer of that horrible sketch.

by Anonymousreply 6111/09/2013

[quote] Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley

I always knew he was an asshole, but I'm disappointed in her. I had no idea she was such a dumb cunt

by Anonymousreply 6211/09/2013

Link, please, R62.

by Anonymousreply 6311/09/2013

[quote] Try using the new health care system. My partner's in the hospital with intractable infection and let me tell you how bad Obamacare is....it sucks balls, it will bankrupt you, it is a ruinous arrogant monumental money grab that you will regret. Any of you morons wonder why all the insurance companies so eagerly embraced it? They're making more money than ever. Rolling in it. Denial of service and increased costs and billing. Are you all fucking morons here?

It isn't even in effect yet. No one has Obama care yet. NO ONE. You don't know that? But you are going to bitch about it and make up lies about it. Any shitty service or problems you or your partner have with the health care system has NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO WITH Obama care. Nothing. Not one damn thing to do with it

I don't know where the fuck you have been, but insurance companies have been rolling in the money for decades. They've also been denying service for decades too. The reason costs have gone up so much in the past is partly because of all the paperwork and billing that the INSURANCE COMPANIES demand. Whose the fucking moron here? you

by Anonymousreply 6411/09/2013

r44, post a link with your bullshit.

[qoute]You arrogant prats. Try using the new health care system. My partner's in the hospital with intractable infection and let me tell you how bad Obamacare is....it sucks balls, it will bankrupt you, it is a ruinous arrogant monumental money grab that you will regret. Any of you morons wonder why all the insurance companies so eagerly embraced it? They're making more money than ever. Rolling in it. Denial of service and increased costs and billing. Are you all fucking morons here?

funny, since they've removed lifetime and annual caps, and bronze plan deductibles are $6350 out of pocket max, that seems an awfully low amount to declare bankruptcy over.

and as insurers are now mandated to keep 80% of income spent on actual healthcare, they *can't* pass on an increased costs for "billing" to the insured, and if they try, they have to rebate it.

try your trolling somewhere else, freeper shill r62. maybe you thought you could scare and confuse a few of the gays here, but we're actually smarter and better informed than your teatard base.

by Anonymousreply 6511/09/2013

"Judging from her dress in the skit at [R38], it looks like he was also making wardrobe choices for her"

Low blow, man, low blow...

But so accurate.

by Anonymousreply 6611/09/2013

R67

You could simply go to the Gallup homepage.

by Anonymousreply 6711/09/2013

Oh, blow it out your ass, R70. These are message board posts, not academic dissertations. People are sharing their OPINIONS with one another, get it?

Hint: Google "superficial". It doesn't mean what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 6911/09/2013

Going to the doctor when you're sick isn't the Country Way.

What we do is hole up in our little old shack with a fifth of Jack and some oxycontin, and when they're gone, we either live, or we don't.

by Anonymousreply 7111/09/2013

R72, we have some variation in our views but the Datalounge is a progressive, liberal website. We support healthcare.

Your view of the world is the superficial, shallow one.

Now begone, before somebody drops a house on you.

by Anonymousreply 7211/09/2013

R72 I think it's rich that you are calling Datalounge posters superficial for being critical of two bubblegum country stars at a cheesy awards show.

What a self-righteous tool you are. Go back to your Carrie Underwood fangurl site.

by Anonymousreply 7311/09/2013

The freeper stupid is strong in some of these posts.

by Anonymousreply 7511/09/2013

On another thread, R76 just recommended euthanizing a cat at home by throwing it in the fridge. Typical freeper cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7611/09/2013

R76 It hasn't even taken effect yet dumbass. Lets see how awful you think it is in a few years when everything is running smoothly.

by Anonymousreply 7711/09/2013

R76, I can't believe there are still morons like you, pushing tired and debunked talking points that fly in the face of all available evidence posting here.

by Anonymousreply 7811/09/2013

R81 = brainwashed by FOX News lies

He has no idea what the fuck he's talking about.

Pieces of ObamaCare have been coming into effect over the last couple of years, and more starts on Jan 1st.

Other than glitches in the website, and Republican sabotage at the state level, it's actually been working pretty well. In states where they didn't fight it but embraced it, it's working really well. And will continue to do so.

There's no going back. There just isn't.

by Anonymousreply 8011/09/2013

You realize that Obamacare isn't a website. You can call in to sign up too.

And that states that set up their own state exchanges aren't having issues... the only people having issues are people in states where Republican leadership is screwing over their own citizens, forcing the to go to the national site to do what they SHOULD be able to do at the state site.

And R84, you're the one with your head up your ass. ObamaCare is working, and working well, and is vastly superior to what it's replacing.

by Anonymousreply 8311/09/2013

Please call me. I'm so lonely.

by Anonymousreply 8511/09/2013

Obamacare is never going away. Every Republican in government knows it, they say so behind closed doors. They're just too afraid of their own loony base to say so in public.

The ACA will only get bigger and better. Eventually, it will evolve into what we should have had decades ago, universal single payer coverage for every American. That's the way our best social programs work and this one will be no different.

Aside from the coverage itself, the most enjoyable thing about Obamacare is how it makes freepers go batshit crazy.

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 8611/09/2013

r54 Carrie Underwood came out weakly for gay marriage and then quickly backed away from her statement all together and avoided the topic since.

by Anonymousreply 9011/09/2013

"Funny" that the right-wing is so upset about a program that was dreamed up by the Heritage Foundation, promoted by Bob Dole (in opposition to the Clinton plan of '93-'94), first implemented by Mitt Romney (in Massachusetts) and , in its current form, written by a VP for WellPoint, with the collaboration of the other major insurers. The central point of RomneyCare (aka "ObamaCare") is to make sure that everybody has to keep buying corrupt private insurance (with 33% of every dollar going to profits and overhead) and that we can never have public insurance, like they have in every other country that has discovered fire. It's a corporatist's wet dream.

But to keep up the meme that Obama is some "scary" "liberal" (instead of the Reagan-worshipping GoldmanSachs-funded Wall Street puppy he really is), the Freeper idiots are told that RomneyCare is suddenly bad, bad, bad! And so unfunny shit like this ensues.

I hope Kimberly Williams is completely embarrassed, and is wishing she'd stayed with Pete Sampras at this point. (As noted, Mike Fisher is an utter idiot, so no sympathy for him.)

And I think that Taylor mostly attends these things because she has some friends who are hoping to break into the country biz, and she doesn't want to publicly sever her ties. Keep this up, though, and who knows?

by Anonymousreply 9111/09/2013

Hee-Haw!!

by Anonymousreply 9211/09/2013

R92 And she was very careful about how she worded it, some shit about, "I can't imagine what it would be like to be told you can't marry the person you want." She couldn't just come right out and give a simple "yes". And you're right - she never said anything about it again. Hardly an ally, especially when she votes for assholes who want to do all they cant to prevent gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 9311/09/2013

ACA and Medicare have no connection. There will be no changes to the doctors 'old people' can see, ridiculous poster @R89.

by Anonymousreply 9411/09/2013

The weird fantasy world that R89 is living in is commonly referred to as "Opposite World".

Jesus, how do people get things so exactly wrong and backwards?

by Anonymousreply 9511/09/2013

Why are so many Refuglican douche bags posting on a gay gossip site? Do they not understand how sad and desperate it makes them seem?

by Anonymousreply 9811/09/2013

ObamaCare has already saved seniors over SIX BILLION in prescription and other costs.

Yeah, Seniors just *hate* it (rolling eyes)

You're a fucking moron, as is anyone else advocating going back to the days of medical costs skyrocketing at many times the inflation rate, pre-existing conditions, annual and lifetime benefit caps, medical bankruptcies, and insurance companies being able to drop you the moment you get sick.

Who the fuck are you ignorant tools who are spouting all this twisted disinformation, and how much are you getting paid to bash one of the best things to happen to this country in generations?

by Anonymousreply 9911/09/2013

It's Republicans that are pissing off the old folks. Old Folks are waking up to the fact that the GOP is not only trying to take away their better healthcare under ObamaCare, but it's coming for their social security, medicare, & Medicaid as well.

by Anonymousreply 10211/09/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 10311/09/2013

So predictable. Dumb freepers flock to progressive websites after every election ass-kicking they get.

They've been given their orders - and we know how they are about following orders - Get Out There And Whine About Obamacare!

They'll fade away and we'll be back to our usual number of freeper idiots within a fairly short period of time. Freepers are fat and lazy with the attention span of a gnat.

by Anonymousreply 10611/09/2013

Time and time again, Republican lies about ObamaCare have been exposed. Their cries of disaster have failed to materialize. They've been proven wrong over and over again.

Yet still they persist in pushing their fantasy, even as reality stomps all over it, again and again.

What the hell is wrong with conservatives? Are they brain damaged? Mentally ill? Incapable of acknowledging reality, facts, history, and unable to think or reason even in the most elementary of ways?

by Anonymousreply 10811/09/2013

This:

by Anonymousreply 11011/09/2013

You're retarded, R111.

by Anonymousreply 11211/09/2013

R113, are you for real? Name pretty much anything Republicans have ever claimed about ObamaCare, and it's a lie.

Let's start with "Death Panels", shall we?

Obama owes nobody an apology. Republicans own all Americans, especially Obama, an apology.

by Anonymousreply 11311/09/2013

Sad little freepers so angry that their greedy corporate whore masters are being revealed for the big business sluts they truly are.

by Anonymousreply 11511/09/2013

R116, Obama didn't lie.

Some education for the freeper morons in this thread:

by Anonymousreply 11611/09/2013

Fact:

by Anonymousreply 11911/09/2013

Republicans have no respect for this country, no respect for our citizens and no respect for our laws. They've proven this time and time again.

It's no surprise that the Republican Party is dying off. No American wants to be associated with that unpatriotic, irrational, bigoted mess.

by Anonymousreply 12111/09/2013

R119, he wasn't sniveling to that douche-nozzle Chuck Todd.

He apologized for the glitches in the Federal website.

Insurance companies cancel policies EVERY YEAR. This year they're just conveniently blaming ObamaCare.

A few people are getting their sub-standard policies canceled (a very, very small percentage) because they were effectively scam policies... people paying to be basically uninsured. These people may pay more, but they'll have far better coverage, and will no longer be wasting their money.

by Anonymousreply 12311/09/2013

For the GOP morons:

by Anonymousreply 12511/09/2013

Arguing with a republican, conservative, or tea-party moron:

by Anonymousreply 12611/09/2013

Speaking of Apologies:

by Anonymousreply 12711/09/2013

The Right-wing ObamaCare disinformation campaign I one picture:

by Anonymousreply 12911/09/2013

After Nixon's Vietnam-Watergate lies, Reagan/Bush's Iran-Contra lies and Bush/Cheney's Iraq-Afghanistan lies, Republicans have no business pretending that a politician lying bothers you in the slightest. Not ever. Well, you can try it on but everyone knows you're just being hypocritical idiots. Again.

President Obama could lie every day for the next 50 years and it wouldn't make a dent in the motherfucking avalanche of Republican lying that this nation has been subjected to in my lifetime.

You freeper shit-stains think the President lied?

So. Fucking. What.

What the fuck are you going to do about it? Bitch and whine and moan? Gee, I wonder if I'll be able to withstand the "oh help us we're such fragile victims" caterwauling?

Here's reality, ladies: We don't care what you think. We don't care how you feel. We don't give a flying fuck what you want. Your pathetic party is dying. It will fade away and vanish in the shame and disgrace it so richly deserves.

Obamacare isn't going anywhere. You are complete and utter failures. The American people give dog shit a higher approval rating than you Republican asswipes.

by Anonymousreply 13011/09/2013

Whining:

by Anonymousreply 13111/09/2013

R132 preach it sistah!

by Anonymousreply 13211/09/2013

So, Americans for Prosperity pays LESS than a quarter per post, 98/99? I'd ask for at least minimum wage.

by Anonymousreply 13311/09/2013

Also, r123, republicans have no respect for the right to vote.

by Anonymousreply 13411/09/2013

R137, I've been listening to the bitching of people like you for almost 50 years. On some points, you are not wrong. The problem is that you accomplish nothing, never have, never will.

Meanwhile, the people you loathe actually get things done in the world. Sucks to be you.

by Anonymousreply 13611/09/2013

Who let all these Rethuglican and conservative half-wits in here? I know scum rises to the top, so I guess that explains it.

by Anonymousreply 13711/09/2013

And you are clearly a very powerful person yourself, R137. Posting on an obscure gay message board on a Saturday night is the mark of a leader.

by Anonymousreply 13811/09/2013

[quote]Carrie is married to a fundie hockey player who has the intellect of a potato

Truly a match made in heaven. Mazeltov!

by Anonymousreply 13911/09/2013

r119, Lynn Sweet is a right wing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 14011/09/2013

Another serving of truth:

by Anonymousreply 14111/09/2013

As a Canadian observer, I feel awful for those having to deal with idiotic Tea Baggers stinking up this thread. So much stupid. So much misinformation. So few brain cells.

by Anonymousreply 14211/09/2013

[quote]First the dems get thrown out, then Obamacare.

Yeah! Those huge Dem losses in NYC and Virginia were just the tip of the iceberg. Dems going down!

by Anonymousreply 14311/10/2013

Tim McGraw had a look on his face like "Oh, no you di-int".

by Anonymousreply 14411/10/2013

Faith Hill had a look on her face like "that's not fucking funny".

by Anonymousreply 14511/10/2013

liberals have convenient senses of humor.

by Anonymousreply 14811/10/2013

R149 We were asking the same question for the longest time.

by Anonymousreply 15011/10/2013

Tea party loons are hastening the demise of the GOP: Virginia, North Carolina, Alabama, is all you need to know about that. And this is the SOUTH.

Bon voyage, keep your mitts off the drapes.

Keep hoping, R151. It's all you've got.

I'm sure you predicted Romney in a landslide as well.

by Anonymousreply 15111/10/2013

Ummm...Liberals like Michael Moore who got booed at the Academy Awards when he bad mouth Bush in his acceptance speech?

This was not an acceptance speech, this was a planned skit to mock the president during a time of war. Not even an off the cuff comment like Natalie Maines but an attack viewed on foreign soil (CMA's are broadcast to dozens of other countries) of the LAW, not just the policies of a sitting president. Both Underwood and Paisley agreed to this as they had to rehearse the skit.

I am calling for a ban of their music on all country radio the same as we treated the Dixie Chicks when they showed lack of support for our president during a time of war.

by Anonymousreply 15211/10/2013

I just watched the clip for the first time. I was expecting to be offended, but really wasn't. Part of the skit was, I believe, intended as a tribute to George Strait, whose song "Amarillo by Morning" provided the melody, but I think they were making fun of the website's troubles, and NOT Obama or the Affordable Care Act. All they said was that the site was slow. We know it is. Why is everyone getting all up in arms about this?!? It was a stupid and unfunny skit, but it wasn't offensive or critical or Obama at all.

by Anonymousreply 15311/10/2013

i haven't seen a thread trolled this hardcore since the after the 2008 elections. the koch borthers must be worried if they are sending their minions to troll an obscure gay message board.

good luck guys, you'll need that and all the gerrymandering and vote suppression you can get, but even with those efforts, i hate to break it to you: america just isn't that into you.

by Anonymousreply 15411/10/2013

Did you speak out against all the celebrity rants against George Bush? Of course not. It happens with every recent president. Chill out.

by Anonymousreply 15611/10/2013

yes, my post was totally histrionic, kochbot. totally. you NAILED me with that one.

by Anonymousreply 15711/10/2013

R159 can do fake math.

by Anonymousreply 15811/10/2013

R157 R160 How old are you, dear? You write like a child. Maybe you are.

by Anonymousreply 15911/10/2013

The rants against George W. Bush were accurate and earned.

The rants against Obama are, for the most part, delusional fantasies, and completely undeserved.

by Anonymousreply 16011/10/2013

R151 is another of those delusional morons that probably thought Romney was going to win too.

by Anonymousreply 16111/10/2013

R146 has a weird notion of equality.

Treating someone who is right, and someone who is wrong as if they are both right, is not "equality".

You've been suckered by the current fad of "fake balance", where two sides are presented as equally valid, even when one side is totally full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 16211/10/2013

I meant, R149, dammit.

by Anonymousreply 16311/10/2013

not that facts have ever stopped a freeper troll, but the ACA has helped cut the rate of health care costs increases in half compared to last 40 years

by Anonymousreply 16411/11/2013

"I think they were making fun of the website's troubles, and NOT Obama or the Affordable Care Act."

The knuckle draggers on the right sure didn't take it that way, judging by their posts on Twitter and Facebook. Neither did the majority of the crowd at the CMAs. They weren't just laughing, they were ECSTATIC over the skit.

by Anonymousreply 16511/11/2013

And some of the older ones probably participated in a lynching back in the "good ol' days." I'm sure they were laughing the loudest.

by Anonymousreply 16611/11/2013

R137 gets it.

by Anonymousreply 16711/11/2013

Are most country singers Protestant Christians? That seems to go hand-in-hand with conservative/Tea Party/Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 16911/11/2013

Yep, mostly "born-again" types, I think, R171. And the ones that aren't born-again must, at the very least, pretend to be. It's practically a job requirement.

by Anonymousreply 17011/11/2013

R173, actually current country has the african american influence added back in. The influence of hip hop is frightenly evident in a lot of contemporary country. The singers don't have the swagger and rhythmic skills of the best rappers, but a great majority of current male songs are "rapped," not really sung. It's really pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 17111/11/2013

So true, R174. To find the occasional gem, you have to go back to the classics.

by Anonymousreply 17211/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!