Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Your least favorite "ethnic" cuisine

Colombian is dreadful.

Russian "food" might be the worst.

Most of the northern European nations have bland, fattening national cuisines.

by Anonymousreply 22612/01/2013

Alec Mapa's description of some Filipino dishes has put me right off their cuisine. Eating eggs with fully-formed chicks in them? I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 111/06/2013

R1, that's Balut. Filipino food is DELICIOUS, you should really try it. Totally unique. I love it, but I won't go near balut.

Anyway, I pick Indian. God I love Indian. I would pick Italian, but that's what I grew up (parents from Italy, and it's still the default cuisine for me to this day when I'm cooking at home) eating so I don't count that.

by Anonymousreply 211/06/2013

Oh shit, this said LEAST favorite. never mind. Probably southern bbq. Too greasy and fatty, I feel like shit after I eat it.

by Anonymousreply 311/06/2013

Restaurant-grade Italian cuisine: they fuck it up every time. I'm not Italian, but even I know how noodles and sauce should taste and feel. They've homogenized every dish into a gloopy mess of red sauce and cheese food,

My new favorite is home-made Indian food - frugal, spicy, filling, and fast.

by Anonymousreply 511/06/2013

Seal, whale blubber. Seal, whale blubber. Talk about boring.

by Anonymousreply 611/06/2013

Mexican food in the USA -- it's the same old common ingredients just folded in different ways. BO-ring.

Real Mexican food? Muy Bueno!

by Anonymousreply 711/06/2013

Probably Ethiopian. I ate it once in 1984 when I lived in Adams-Morgan and never went back. And Adams-Morgan was then the Ethiopian restaurant capital of DC, if not the entire USA.

I get a little squicked about the fish sauce mentioned upthread. Who knows what's in that stuff? However, I like Thai curries.

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2013

Indian food. Definitely Ethiopian (I remember a restaurant in Berkeley, awful). I think the worst thing in the world I can think of trying to eat would be Scottish Haggis

by Anonymousreply 911/06/2013

barbeque, the stuff Rachel Ray and Paula Dean cook. No longer like most Chinese food, too much oil and I don't want to support anything Chinese.

I do like Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian and Pinoy food.

by Anonymousreply 1011/06/2013

English food is often greasy and tasteless.

by Anonymousreply 1111/06/2013

Polish, too greasy.

by Anonymousreply 1211/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 1311/06/2013

Tempura. Greasy, nasty, deep fried is gross.

by Anonymousreply 1411/06/2013

[quote]I think the worst thing in the world I can think of trying to eat would be Scottish Haggis.

Actually, it's not so bad when it's done correctly. Strong pepper and liver taste but nothing like the horror r1 posted. Ew.

There's plenty of gross stuff out there. Call me crazy, but I like my food to be COOKED.

by Anonymousreply 1511/06/2013

[quote]I don't want to support anything Chinese.

What the fuck? You mean you don't want to support the regime of the People's Republic of China by eating diaspora cuisine? Having a little General Cho's isn't going to have any effect.

by Anonymousreply 1611/06/2013

Have to agree with a couple posters upthread.

R5 is right IMO about the majority of restaurant Italian food. It tastes like they've reduced the taste of the food down to the lowest level trying to please everyone. They've cut back on, or removed, a lot of the seasonings that makes Italian food so good. To me, too often, it tastes like they don't use good quality ingredients either. And forget any of the dishes that traditionally require long slow cooking.

The only places that seem to do it right anymore are the mom and pop little hole in the wall places.

Also partialy agree with R7 on Mexican food. Way too much of the Americanized Mexican food is bland and/or covered in tons of melted cheese. Spicy dishes are so hot that there is no flavor only the heat from the spices. None of it tastes fresh, and slow cooked dishes taste like they've been cooking untended on a back burner for a week.

I use to think I didn't like Mexican food until friends I was visiting in southern California, in the San Diego and North San Diego County area, insisted that I had to try the Mexican food in their area. Everything tasted fresh, distinct flavors, the ubiquitous side dish of beans were good. There's even a chain of fast food Mexican places that are so much better than the crappy Mexican restaurants in my area.

My friends told me it was a certain regional type of Mexican food, but I can't remember the name of it :(

by Anonymousreply 1711/06/2013

I love R4!

by Anonymousreply 1811/06/2013

Definitely No. European and Russian. Bland and fatty and dried/smoked fish? No thanks. German is barely passable.

R7, where are you from because here in TX you can find real Mexican along with Tex Mex.

by Anonymousreply 1911/06/2013

Have a little priest!

by Anonymousreply 2011/06/2013

Could the bad Italian have to do with not being able to get authentic Italian ingredients when they immigrated back when? They probably had to make do with what was available therefore adapting to what they could get. I went to an Italian the other day and their red sauce was way too sweet as if they had dumped a cup of sugar in it. They also never use enough garlic or spices in restaurants. When I make a meat sauce at home I use lots of garlic and spices and add wine to the sauce too. People love it. When I'm at restaurants I usually try to stay away from their red sauces and stay with piccatas or marsalas.

by Anonymousreply 2111/06/2013

Interesting wiki entry about Italian-American cuisine.

by Anonymousreply 2211/06/2013

When you order Chinese or Viet Namese cuisine in an ethnic restaurant, ask them to hold the fish sauce or substitute a small amount of soy sauce. It will really improve the taste IMHO.

Likewise Americanized versions of many cuisines have substituted canola oil for lard, and drastically cut down the amount of fat to make healthier versions of traditional dishes. Adding barely cooked vegetables and more spices also makes a drastic improvement.

by Anonymousreply 2311/06/2013

R21, what goes into your meat sauce? How much garlic in relationship to everything else?

R17, which long, slow cooked dishes?

by Anonymousreply 2411/06/2013

[quote]Restaurant-grade Italian cuisine: they fuck it up every time. I'm not Italian, but even I know how noodles and sauce should taste and feel. They've homogenized every dish into a gloopy mess of red sauce and cheese food,

I'm fine with Northern Italian, but restaurant red-sauce Italian just tastes heavy and all the same. Plus it's just as easy to make your own marinara at home if you want it.

Not big on Jamaican either.

by Anonymousreply 2511/06/2013

Ethiopian. There are no utensils. You eat with your hands using pieces of this strange flat bread.

by Anonymousreply 2611/06/2013

I always thought Cioppino required a long cooking time, but it only takes an hour once you've prepared everything.

by Anonymousreply 2711/06/2013

R24, I usually add about 5-6 garlic cloves minced, meat, one onion and lot of oregano, fresh basil when available, or just use the jar of Italian seasoning and add the basil too. Stewed tomatoes of course and top it off with some red wine. Simmer for hours. I don't measure anything just go by taste.

by Anonymousreply 2811/06/2013

What's the one where the bread tastes like it has sand and gravel in it?

by Anonymousreply 2911/06/2013

Having lived in Scandinavia, the haute cuisine is interesting, but the everyday food has to be the worst crap I've ever eaten. It's as though refrigeration, herbs, spices, fresh fruit and green vegetables still haven't found their way across the North and Baltic Seas.

by Anonymousreply 3011/06/2013

What do they eat, R30?

by Anonymousreply 3111/06/2013

[quote]substituted canola oil for lard, and drastically cut down the amount of fat to make healthier versions of traditional dishes.

Incorrect. They took something perfectly healthy and made it bad for you. Canola oil is poison as are all seed oils. Lard is what our bodies have evolved to consume. Do you think primal humans hunted down their prey only to throw away the valuable fat? No, they ate the whole animal.

Look at pictures of people 100 years ago when everyone ate lard and never saw the inside of a gym. No fatties. Look at us now that we have substituted seed oils for lard and started eating a "healthy" low fat, high carb diet--everyone is obese.

by Anonymousreply 3211/06/2013

R31 Many different herring.

by Anonymousreply 3311/06/2013

German "cuisine" is the pits. The best restaurants in the country are Turkish.

by Anonymousreply 3411/06/2013

I don't get Korean. All those restaurants around Macy's and Penn Station look nice and many have fairly reasonably priced buffets, but when you load a plate there are too many fish bones and pieces of chicken skin and not enough substance. I think honestly the cuisine may not have been Americanized enough for sissy consumnption.

by Anonymousreply 3511/06/2013

Oh, no, R27. You do not want to cook seafood for a long time. It shouldn't take an hour. It is quite a bit of prepwork, though, to make cioppino.

R28, that's exactly how my father made sauce. He got it from his next-door neighbor, who was from Naples, IIRC. I started off making it that way, but I don't like oregano or dried basil, so at some point I bought Marcella Hazan's first cookbook (now incorporated in Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking), which deals with the cooking of Emilia-Romagna in northern Italy.

I make her Bolognese more often than any other meat sauce. It's about four hours from start to finish, and of course, it's better the next day.

BTW, do you put wine in your sauce? It's so good.

by Anonymousreply 3611/06/2013

Yes, R36, I do add red wine and I prefer to use a chianti or other Italian red.

by Anonymousreply 3711/06/2013

I think I'm going to make that kind of meat sauce soon. Thanks, R37 R28.

by Anonymousreply 3811/06/2013

[quote]Look at pictures of people 100 years ago when everyone ate lard and never saw the inside of a gym. No fatties. Look at us now that we have substituted seed oils for lard and started eating a "healthy" low fat, high carb diet--everyone is obese.

Not a very rigorous analysis.

by Anonymousreply 3911/06/2013

Have a nice bowl of sleet!

by Anonymousreply 4011/06/2013

[quote]Look at pictures of people 100 years ago .. No fatties.

That's right. I'm not fat, just big boned.

by Anonymousreply 4111/06/2013

[R16] Where the fuck do you think all the ingredients come from to make Chinese food in this country? Go to the asian foods section of your supermarket and read a few labels. Even the frozen Alaskan Salmon is a product of China.

As for the General's food, read the label, the stuff is all fat and calories.

by Anonymousreply 4211/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 4311/06/2013

Stewed tomatoes, R28? No.

by Anonymousreply 4411/06/2013

wtf is that?

by Anonymousreply 4511/06/2013

Doesn't matter if they are fresh, stewed, diced or what R44 as long there are tomatos.

by Anonymousreply 4611/06/2013

Anything with curry. And Fish. Shrimp and crab are excellent, just no fish.

by Anonymousreply 4711/06/2013

Oh sure, Filipino food is delicious, dried prehistoric looking fish, I'll take second helpings please, and a couple pigs feet, too!

by Anonymousreply 4811/06/2013

Yes, Filipino is dreadful. Been there. Haven't been to Ethiopia, but I think the food is dreadful. Russia, Egypt also lousy. Best - Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 4911/06/2013

No R46. I was in a pinch once and even used a jar of pre-made sauce (not Ragu though) and just added all my stuff to it. I was in a hurry that day.

by Anonymousreply 5011/06/2013

Honest to god, you would not know what "ethnic" food tatsted like in the US. Its all Americanised so that ten month old cold store vegetables and force fed meats are coverd in slop (what you call sauces) and processsed cheese to hide tha fact the food is rotten.

Southern European is not cooked in lard, it is cooked in olive oil which is why heart disease barely exists there. Asian food done properly is very delicately flavoured (and VERY fresh. Not covered in sauces, lots of salads use fresh fruit. Mango salad. Yum. And replacing fish sauce with soy. AHHHHHHH. ASian foods are designed to balance flavours. You know sweet and sour.

So the worst Ethnic food I would say is New York. Can't you make a sandwich without the white gunk you call mayonaise or the processed chees slop. And as for the bacteria infested buffets and salad bars!!! Inedible.

by Anonymousreply 5111/06/2013

[quote]So the worst Ethnic food I would say is New York. Can't you make a sandwich without the white gunk you call mayonaise

I grew up in North Jersey (close enough) and I never saw mayonnaise on a sandwich until I lived Pittsburgh and (especially) DC. Never. Not once.

by Anonymousreply 5211/06/2013

Indian for me ... But I am not very adventurous so I can't say I've tried a million different types of ethnic food.

by Anonymousreply 5311/06/2013

Vietnamese. Disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 5411/06/2013

Another vote for Ethiopian.

Love Brazilian and Portuguese food.

by Anonymousreply 5511/06/2013

There's a reason you don't see many Scandinavian restaurants.

German food is tolerable when done well, which it's usually not.

by Anonymousreply 5611/06/2013

R41, did you mean to be Howard Taft? I don't recall Grover Cleveland being particularly large.

by Anonymousreply 5711/06/2013

Also casting my vote for Ethiopian. That squishy bread you use instead of utensils triggers my gag reflex. Everything else is like pureed baby food. I think it's really the textures of Ethiopian cuisine that turns me off.

Have to disagree on all the Russian votes. To me, that's comfort food. Yes, it's fatty, but no harm no foul if you're only eating it once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 5811/06/2013

Wait, just looked him up. Grover was indeed a porker.

by Anonymousreply 5911/06/2013

Have to agree, I do not like Ethiopian because of the sour, damp, bread you sop everything up with which others have already described as baby food.

by Anonymousreply 6011/06/2013

Colombian food gets my vote for worst of all Latin American cuisines. Bland and starchy.

Irish food is pretty dreary (aside from scones).

by Anonymousreply 6111/06/2013

Processed shit that tastes like a salt lick around a grease-coated sugar cube. And will kill you in a matter of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 6211/06/2013

German and the people of England have no idea how to cook.

by Anonymousreply 6311/06/2013

My mam's pies are amazing, R61. There are a lot of really lovely Irish foods. You won't find it over here though. It's kind of like Italian-American cooking. It has been changed to suit available ingredients. For instance, corned beef and cabbage is not Irish. I never had it until I came over here.

by Anonymousreply 6411/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 6511/06/2013

OP, I'm Scandinavian. While I agree with you that our cuisine is bland and forgettable, it's certainly NOT fattening.

by Anonymousreply 6611/06/2013

R45, I'm guessing it's a sheep's head? We have the same dish here in Norway. Disgusting, hence why I've never tried it.

by Anonymousreply 6711/06/2013

R65, that's a bad picture, but Ethiopian food is delicious and although I can't remember the name of the dish in the photo, it's delicious.

by Anonymousreply 6811/06/2013

There is no such thing as "American". Our cuisine was brought over with our ancestors and whatever countries they were from and adapted. Maybe chili as it was first made in San Antonio, German man btw, and popular among cowboys. A chicken fried steak is merely a schnitzel but instead of veal it's beef.

Yes, we have processed food but so does Europe and Japan seems to lead with packaged, weird foods.

by Anonymousreply 6911/06/2013

I've had some excellent Colombian food. Mesquite spit-roasted chicken, nice steaks, fried plantains, arepas, empanadas. I also like Ethiopian food. I've had Russian food once and liked it... I must be odd.

The least favorite ethnic food I've had is Polish, hands down. Greasy and gristly. Is there anymore need to consume gristle in the U.S. in 21st century? Their peasant ancestors had to, but restaurants don't have to serve it.

[quote]Also partialy agree with [R7] on Mexican food. Way too much of the Americanized Mexican food is bland and/or covered in tons of melted cheese. Spicy dishes are so hot that there is no flavor only the heat from the spices. None of it tastes fresh

Where do you live R17? If you live in any reasonably sized city with immigrants, your best bet for a quick relatively healthy fresh-cooked meal, Mexican is usually the best choice.

by Anonymousreply 7011/06/2013

I like most of the cuisines listed here: every country has its good and bad dishes. I'm not a big fan of German food, which I find heavy and sour. But I have had great German food.

by Anonymousreply 7111/06/2013

Thanks for the warning--I'll make it a point to avoid Ethiopian restaurants, not that I was terribly curious to begin with.

I'm told that up until about 30 years ago or so, there were some decent Scandinavian and Swiss restaurants in NY. The Scandinavian ones may have justifiably disappeared but Swiss food isn't bad at all, at least in Switzerland.

Bad versions of Italian cooking are the norm in the US, but it's not extremely difficult to find excellent, authentic Italian and French cuisine here.

[quote]I went to an Italian the other day and their red sauce was way too sweet

I haven't eaten extensively in Italy but understand some regions use a fair amount of sugar in their marinara. Sicily, maybe?

Similarly, for me, the hallmark of bad French food is the overuse of mustard.

by Anonymousreply 7211/06/2013

That's the vegetable platter at r65. Don't remember what they call it but it is 5 or 6 of their veggie dishes laid out on a bed of injera, which is the bread you eat it with. I love Ethiopian and lucky to have two great places within a half mile of me. I can see how some wouldn't like it.

For me it's the love for BBQ I don't get, but I'm not a red meat eater. A coworker has a side business catering and the office pays him to cook for us a few times a year. Everyone goes gaga for it but it's blah to me. Not just the meats (I eat the chicken) but the side dishes of baked beans, coleslaw and potato salad (made with eggs - belch) that are part of Southern BBQ tradition are completely uninteresting to me.

by Anonymousreply 7311/06/2013

I'm not a big fan of Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 7411/06/2013

OP, I agree with you putting "ethnic" in quotes, because nearly all of the food that's sold as "ethnic" cuisine in America bears only the faintest of resemblances to the cuisine in a corresponding area of the world. It's frankly hard to decide which one is the most bastardized, but certainly near the top of the list are China, if only because of the size of China itself (plus the fact that the regional differences in Chinese cuisine are just as large as the ones in the U.S., not that you'd ever know it from visiting a typical American "Chinese restaurant"), and Italy, because "Italian" food has become such a staple of the American diet.

While it may have technically been invented in Italy, "pizza" is almost entirely an American creation. Prior to the 20th century, the only place it existed was in Napoli (Naples), where it was street food for peasants. It doesn't really fit easily even into the basic divide of Northern Italian versus Southern Italian cuisine, never mind all of the regional subspecialties in each area. But yes, I'd guess 99% of Americans who've never traveled abroad think "Italian food" consists of little more than pizza, pasta, and meatballs.

"General Tso's chicken" is 100% American-made, and it doesn't even fit the "Hunan" description bestowed upon it. Like a lot of (actual) Chinese food, Hunan cuisine is quite spicy, though you'd never know it from the sugar-sweet glop sold as General Tso's chicken. Speaking of which, I'm trying to think if there are any countries with intensely spicy cuisine that hasn't been "dumbed down," or substantially "de-spiced," for American palates, but I can't think of any offhand. I can't even say "Indian food" as a whole has been de-spiced -- even though much of it has -- because the statement alone implies that there is any single style of "Indian food." In reality the country has even more regional variations than China, but yes, anything sold Stateside as "vindaloo" bears next to no resemblance to true vindaloo, which leaves the first-time eater sweaty and gasping for air and water. True Thai food is similar in that context, at least the hot stuff.

For the most part Americans can't even get "Mexican food" correct, and it's literally next door! Burritos and hard-shell tacos, or at least the versions we would describe as such, originated in California. (Soft tacos are technically Mexican, but originated primarily in Baja California, which is largely separate in all respects from the rest of the country.) Fajitas and chimichangas are pure Tex-Mex and came from Houston, still the origin point of Mexican food in America (and where it became most bastardized). You can at least find true Mexican food in larger cities as well as most border states, particularly California, New Mexico and Texas, where it's generally labeled "interior Mexican" to avoid confusion, but it's generally sold as a higher-end type of cuisine.

Anyway, I guess my point is that you shouldn't knock a certain kind of "ethnic cuisine" unless you've had a chance to try *actual* ethnic cuisine. Personally -- and having tried the real thing -- I see little redeeming value in the traditional foods of Russian and most of Eastern Europe, areas where the growing season is short and the winters are terrible. It's literally meat and potatoes, and for the most part not much else.

Finally, I must point out the particular idiot at R51, who has somehow managed to describe the literally hundreds of types of cuisine available in New York City, one of the most multicultural cities on the planet, as a single type of "ethnic food." (And btw the "white gunk" you describe as mayonnaise not only isn't a New York invention, but originally came from Western Europe (both Spain and France). It's also even more commonplace in the American Southeast than it is in New York, where one generally doesn't encounter it outside of sandwiches.)

by Anonymousreply 7511/06/2013

R43 beat me to it: icelandic food is the pits.

Fermented shark, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 7611/06/2013

R77, no wonder the suicide rate is so high in Iceland.

by Anonymousreply 7711/06/2013

Korean food.

by Anonymousreply 7811/06/2013

Nothing wrong with Colombian food: arepas,carne mechada, platanos fritos..not fancy, but tasty.

Most overrated - Peruvian.

Best fusion: Chinese restaurants run by Chinese-Cuban emigrees.

Arab food ain't no prize. Chickpeas! No wonder they're so pissed off...

by Anonymousreply 7911/07/2013

Even the best of Chinese prepared by Chinese gets very monotonous. It all tastes like ginger, green onion, soy sauce and peanut oil. It was great at first to eat the real thing. After awhile, however, forget it. No real variety because it was all of it stir-fried.

by Anonymousreply 8011/07/2013

Or, Chinese food is steamed. Meh. Only so much of that I wanted to eat.

by Anonymousreply 8111/07/2013

The new thing in NYC Chinese food (upper twenties, east side) is nonAmericanized stuff. This means original Shanghai chicken, complete with nasty skin and oodles of bones, and flavors, some so subtle you can't taste a thing. Fine for some, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 8211/07/2013

Authenticity is overrated. People want to live in authentic, historic homes, wear vintage clothes, eat and live the way pioneers did.

If people from the past could travel to the future and see us trying to replicate their hardscrabble lives, they'd be like, "dude, you're nuts." They'd think we were idiots for not embracing what the modern world has to offer.

by Anonymousreply 8311/07/2013

Sick of Italian food. Everything Italian for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 8411/07/2013

R85, what did you eat that you got sick of Italian food (and everything else Italian, if you care to share)?

by Anonymousreply 8511/07/2013

Russian and Jewish cuisine is also nasty. Dishonorable mention to Filipino food. Mainly dislike Russian and Filipino because their cooking hygiene is so horrid. There is a tendency in both cultures to not wash their hands when handling meats and to scratch and pick at their noses while doing so.

by Anonymousreply 8611/07/2013

Ethiopian by far: revolting. Eat with your hands the gloppy mess they give you? Or use the spongy 'bread'? Ugh.

I hate Indian too..always something vaguely disgusting about it

by Anonymousreply 8711/07/2013

My favorite ethnic cuisine is the thick, succulent Greek loukaniko of Elias Koteas.

by Anonymousreply 8811/07/2013

I've heard traditional Jewish food is horrible and bland.

by Anonymousreply 8911/07/2013

You like Ethiopian food, r91, others don't.

What's the big deal? Why are you so angry?

Can you imagine how boring the world would be if we all shared the same taste in everything?

by Anonymousreply 9111/07/2013

R81 R82

In China, they just call it food, to quote "Friends"...

by Anonymousreply 9311/07/2013

[quote]Can you imagine how boring the world would be if we all shared the same taste in everything?

A lack of taste isn't the same thing as having different tastes.

Ethiopian food is fine. It reminds me of Indian food. Lots of legumes, beans and vegetables wonderfully spiced.

by Anonymousreply 9411/07/2013

[quote]A lack of taste isn't the same thing as having different tastes.

So, anyone who doesn't like Ethiopian food lacks taste?

OK, got it.

by Anonymousreply 9511/07/2013

Why are you so defensive about Ethiopian food, r91/r95?

by Anonymousreply 9611/07/2013

Racist troll at R93 what exactly is "Negro" cuisine? Creole, Soul, BBQ, Carribean?? Most of which is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 9711/07/2013

r93 also posted this in the Elizabeth Vargas thread:

[quote]Typical 'mos happy when someone else is suffering. Oh for the good old days when you were too worried about AIDS to bother normals.

by Anonymousreply 9811/07/2013

R51? New Yorkers don't eat in those tourist traps in midtown that have salad bars and buffets. They're gross and they exist purely for out of towners. They're also vastly overpriced. They're for the out of town matinee crowd and the Christmas tree gawkers.

by Anonymousreply 9911/07/2013

Didn't like the meat in Finland, it was all smoked and bland.

In central Asia, I first liked the food but got tired of it fast because it all tasted the same. The have very colorful spice stands in the bazaars, but the food is overwhelmed by only one spice. I'm not sure what the spice is, because I've never tasted it before (or never tasted it do strongly). Like I said, at first I liked it, it was tasty. But the taste didn't change, no matter what we ate. Lots of pilaf (plov) and lo mein type noodle dishes, but all overwhelmed by the Unknown Spice. And I could do with fewer raisins.

by Anonymousreply 10011/07/2013

R98, who do you do that? I just F&F and move on. Don't even acknowledge the jackass.

by Anonymousreply 10111/07/2013

Some of the stuff the Brits and the Scots & the Irish call food is definitely not to my tastes at all. And forget about anything Scandinavian, except maybe the desserts and breads.

Throw in the Russians and the Poles and the Hungarians and the Czechs too. A big BLECH! to them all. I love Asian, South & Central American, Mexican, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Indian, and what passes for American these days. Love Italy & Spain,Greece most of all. Ambivalent about French & German.

by Anonymousreply 10211/07/2013

I like diner food in NY and NJ. Sadly, the Greeks who owned the diners are dying off and their kids don't want the hassle of running a diner. Diners are being taken over by Chinese in Queens. Like there aren't enough Chinese restaurants in Queens already?

by Anonymousreply 10311/07/2013

I worked in a German restaurant and it had such a distinct, savory aroma inside! I loved it. All the local German restaurants have closed and I haven't smelled that delicious aroma in 20 years. I guess it was the smell of roasting meat, red cabbage and potato pancakes drifting together. I miss it.

by Anonymousreply 10411/07/2013

There is nothing more repulsive than Chinese buffets. Absolutely disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 10511/07/2013

Polish and Hungarian food is great when we make it at home ourselves. It's never good in a restaurant. I suspect this is because it's mostly pretty simple food, so the quality of ingredients and proper preparation is paramount. Most eastern European restaurants just toss frozen potato patties into yucky day-old oil and call them potato pancakes.

I'm not saying it's up there with French cuisine, but it can be really good.

by Anonymousreply 10611/07/2013

Agree, R107. You from Cleveland? The land of good Slavic and Eastern European food. And Hungarian wine is superb.

by Anonymousreply 10711/07/2013

[quote]Who the fuck doesn't like Ethiopian? That shit is DELICIOUS, and injera is one of the most wonderful breads on the planet. You baby-taste fuckers are hilarious. Go eat your Wonder Bread with Smuckers, you hillbillies.

I the fuck don't like Ethiopian. It looks like Poop on a Pizza Platter. The only time I ever ate it, I picked up this lump of food with the Handi-Wipe-like bread and ended up with half a hard-boiled egg in my mouth.

I HATE hard-boiled eggs. I continued to eat the rest of the meal, but it was pretty awful. Too many years have passed for me to remember exactly what the rest was, and I never went back. A hard-boiled egg. Vile.

And as usual, Babytaster frames the argument in terms of "Whatever Food I'm Defending against You Savages" v. "The Wonder Bread Everyone but Me Eats." There are more things to eat in the world than that, Babytaster. More things in the world.

by Anonymousreply 10811/07/2013

R108, I'm from Detroit. If there are any outstanding Eastern European restaurants around here, I've never found them. Polish Village in Hamtramck isn't bad, but can't touch homemade. There are some outstanding places to get Kielbasa and other ethnic meats like Srodek's and Polish Market, however.

I just get the ingredients and make stuff like pierogi and stuffed cabbage a few times a year. It's just as well, since it's all so carby and fattening!

by Anonymousreply 10911/07/2013

Do Japanese people like Chinese food?

by Anonymousreply 11011/08/2013

Funny you mentioned Colombian food, OP. On a visit to Florida last year, we went to a terrific Peruvian joint, where it turned out our waiter was Colombian. I asked him about a place we saw nearby that featured Colombian food; his recommendation was "get the hamburger."

I'm tired of only getting Americanized food at Indian restaurants in the States! Give me a guju thali or decent dosa over chicken tikka!

My least favorite may be Italian-American restaurants ... zzzzzzzz ...........

by Anonymousreply 11111/08/2013

Chicken tikka was invented in Britain, R112.

by Anonymousreply 11211/08/2013

I've only had Salvadorian food once. Pupusas which are stuffed maize dough tortillas. Maybe the place I got them at skimped on the fillings, but they were pretty awful. Rubbery and a overly-heavy corn flavor with little to offset it. Probably a case of peasant food meant to be filling if tasteless (beyond the corn).

by Anonymousreply 11311/08/2013

Another Detroiter here. Agree about the Polish food. Some is good, some is dreadful.

For some weird reason that nobody's been able to explain to me, we have a huge presence of Greek restaurants here. Not just because we have an area called "Greektown" with its own casino, but even in the suburbs. They're everywhere. The food all tastes the same, as if they just xerox one menu in a headquarters somewhere and all the Greek restaurants have to follow it. Unfortunately, they all have a pile of tepid, yellowish-green canned peas on almost all of the plates. Disgusting, baby food-like mush. Why?

by Anonymousreply 11411/08/2013

Japanese food for the most part bores the shit out of me. They eat the same damn thing morning, noon and night. I remember being in Indonesia and the breakfast bar had "American" breakfast foods, the usual eggs, bacon, toast, etc. and American and Europeans at that. They also had a breakfast bar for Japanese tourists which consisted of soups, noodles and more soups. That was it. Guess what? More of same all day. No variety at all.

by Anonymousreply 11511/08/2013

Yes, but were they thin, R117?

What's the difference between Japanese and Chinese food? I know Shrimp Tempura is Japanese, and they cook on that hot tabletop griddle at Benihana, but other than that is it spices, what?

by Anonymousreply 11611/08/2013

R112. You mean like Olive Garden? But when you're there, you're family! Free refills!

by Anonymousreply 11711/08/2013

Yes, they were thin but I'd die if I had to eat like that every day for every meal.

by Anonymousreply 11811/08/2013

R118 - Japanese food is much lighter than Chinese food and tends not to be overwhelmed by sauces like Chinese food is.

by Anonymousreply 11911/08/2013

R118, Japanese food is healthier, with less spice, oil and a cleaner subtlety of flavor. Japanese food is also almost as much about the presentation as it is about the flavor. Chinese food is oilier and, depending on the region, uses more salt and spice.

That said, I love both cuisines about equally.

by Anonymousreply 12011/08/2013

There's a Japanese food cart and a Chinese food cart near my office building. It's like night and day. The Chinese food cart has their food already cooked, in heat containers. The Japanese guys cook all of their food fresh, made to order on the grill and tastes so much better. Guess which one I eat at.

by Anonymousreply 12111/08/2013

Between the "a" and the "t," r123?

by Anonymousreply 12211/08/2013

Not really *ethnic*, I guess, but I hate Cajun food. The spices just taste really harsh and un-blended, to me. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 12311/08/2013

Anyone ever notice you rarely see Asians in restaurants that aren't Asian? I only see Indian eating in Indian restaurants, never Italian or Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 12411/08/2013

It's annoying when people lump all of the East Asian cuisines as "Asian food." Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Thai cuisines (all delicious) taste so incredibly different from each other.

by Anonymousreply 12511/08/2013

What about Canadian cuisine?

by Anonymousreply 12611/08/2013

Fricasseed baby harp seal is a wowser, eh?

by Anonymousreply 12711/08/2013

OMG, what is that food with Rotten Shark in it?

I tried Ethiopian food and I'm not sure I liked it. Sorry.

Also Polish and Russian food were not as good as I thought.

It's strange because the food I ate in Mexico tasted so different from the Mexican food sold in the USA. It's like two different ethnic foods! Even within Mexico, regions have different flavors. The costal regions versus central and North Mexico. Native influenced cousin versus more traditional food. I'd never tasted true chocolate until I went to Central Mexico(it's bitter)

by Anonymousreply 12811/08/2013

Dutch food is atrocious.

R127 So true! Vietnamese is so different from Thai, Japanese or Chinese. Even in China there are so many different ways of cooking food.

by Anonymousreply 12911/08/2013

Thai food. Noodles in a sauce made from peanut butter.

by Anonymousreply 13011/08/2013

I hate Japanese food. I hate sushi. Teriyaki gives me a terrible headache. I don't love noodles. The only thing I can stand is miso soup and miso sauce which us used as a salad dressing here.

I'm the only person I know who hates Japanese. I also hate cheesecake and tomatoes. And squash and avocados. I pretty much hate fish. The Chinese are disgusting with fish. They don't filet it, it's full if bones. Shrimp is unpeeled and unwashed. Blech. I don't like Mexican food found in the US. Beans, beans, beans.

I love Indian food, Greek food, Mediterranean (minus the fish). I find Portuguese food uninspired except for the empanadas. Too much sausage.

I lost 12 pounds on a tour of the old USSR. Well, I did have diarrhea, but the food being terrible was the main reason.

by Anonymousreply 13111/08/2013

r133, you sound like a real pip.

by Anonymousreply 13211/08/2013

Remind me never to invite R133 over for a meal. The maintenance is too high.

by Anonymousreply 13311/08/2013

R133 you sound like a terrible person to be with

by Anonymousreply 13411/08/2013

R87, R90, Traditional Jewish food can be awful or delicious depending on the skill of the cook. Important to use a minimum amount of oil, and add garlic and seasoning as well.

For example as a poster mentioned on the German and Polish threads, potato pancakes made incorrectly can taste like old shoe leather, an imitation of fast food hash brown patties, or a vast improvement on a very cheap dish. (I put mine in the blender and pan fry them in a minimum of olive oil, after adding spices and onion.)

by Anonymousreply 13511/08/2013

I dislike Cajun food, too, R25. I like Ethiopian food, feeling funny the few times I've tried to eat it with utensils.

by Anonymousreply 13611/09/2013

R133 - Boychick waiting to suck his grounds.

by Anonymousreply 13711/09/2013

Grandmothers posing with their signature dish

by Anonymousreply 13811/09/2013

Fantastic photos, R140. One of these days I might show up there if I keep making family's dish. (stuffed flank steak on that recipe thread) I could be Famoos!

by Anonymousreply 13911/09/2013

Ethiopian and Filipino are just off-putting. Also, nothing appetising about Scandinavian or Russian, these people from cold climes don't seem to have taste-buds.

by Anonymousreply 14011/09/2013

Well, I like the Swedish meatballs at Ikea.

by Anonymousreply 14111/09/2013

Loved that link, R140. Thanks.

So many great links over the years via DL.

by Anonymousreply 14211/09/2013

I've saved r140's link on my favourites tab.

by Anonymousreply 14311/09/2013

R140, That dish from Malawi, seriously? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 14411/09/2013

"I don't like Mexican food found in the US. Beans, beans, beans."

That sounds more like Tex-Mex. Just don't eat the beans. They are usually on the side unless your eating a bean and cheese burrito or something and even then all you have to do is tell them "no beans". It's not that difficult.

More and more places are offering different types of beans. Borracho or black beans are offered here instead of the usual refried.

by Anonymousreply 14511/09/2013

Thank you, R140. The Malawi dish looked fantastic until I read the title, but sometimes necessity calls for creativity.

by Anonymousreply 14611/09/2013

Very interesting, r140, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 14711/09/2013

I lived in Ethiopia for 3-4 months a few years ago. The food isn't bad at all. And the coffee is the best I've had anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 14811/09/2013

The only dish I would eat of all the grandma's dishes at R140 is the ravioli. Everything else? Blech. Especially the caterpillars.

by Anonymousreply 14911/09/2013

A lot of baby tastes on this board. There is delicious food in every culture, if made properly.

by Anonymousreply 15011/09/2013

Posters who write or say "blech" and "yech" and are very puerile and I avoid them IRL.

by Anonymousreply 15111/09/2013

R151, aside from the caterpillars, that says more about your boring Midwestern palate than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 15211/09/2013

R151 -- I wish my grandmother knew how to make Nasi Lemak! I'd rather have caterpillars than, say ... borscht. Of all the dishes featured, the Filipino would be my least favorite.

by Anonymousreply 15311/10/2013

Filipino food is delicious. Lechon, paella, cocido, mechado, hamonado, kaldereto, sinigang, kare kare, adobo, lumpia, pancit, etc. Don't base an entire cuisine on one or two "off-putting" delicacies. Practically every national cuisine has something that typical Americans would find disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 15411/10/2013

I like pancit,lumpia and adobo, but most Filipino food seems too sour for me.

by Anonymousreply 15511/10/2013

Papua, New Guinea cuisine. They eat their own.

by Anonymousreply 15611/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 15711/10/2013

All the food is mushed up things served in big glops with a sort of bread with the taste and consistency of a wet Handi Wipe. No wonder they're so thin!

by Anonymousreply 15811/10/2013

[quote]I wish my grandmother knew how to make Nasi Lemak!

What's so hard about that? Just put some coconut milk instead of water in the rice cooker.

by Anonymousreply 15911/10/2013

Ethiopian. It's little piles of cat sick and greasy goat gristle that one scoops up with torn off shreds of spongey, horrid bread. Save your time and scoop it up directly into toilet paper and send it where the slop should have gone in the first place.

Korean. I had the misfortune of renting a flat above a "fashionable" Korean restaurant. It smelled like singed dog and worse for my whole stay.

Authentic Chinese food, and other cuisines that feature offal and vile parts of vile "foods." I'll stick to to the "tourist trap menu" with its identifiable pieces of identifiable things.

by Anonymousreply 16011/10/2013

Bad Chinese food can be VERY bad. Stick to a good restaurant and avoid unfamiliar offal.

by Anonymousreply 16111/10/2013

I met a restaurant inspector once who said the worst offenders were Chinese restaurants--filthy and disgusting. He said he would never eat Chinese food.

by Anonymousreply 16311/10/2013

[quote]Don't base an entire cuisine on one or two "off-putting" delicacies. Practically every national cuisine has something that typical Americans would find disgusting.

That's true. You couldn't pay me to try czarnina (duck's blood soup).

by Anonymousreply 16411/10/2013

I actually tried that in Sweden, R166! It was horrible, but my host was understanding that I made an effort. Korean food can be quite good, although my ex was fond of spicy squid, and I was not. Their seafood pancakes are delicious.

Some of these responses seem borderline racist to me (especially regarding Ethiopian food), and I'm very un-PC usually.

I don't think either of my grandmothers ever cooked a grain of rice in her life.

by Anonymousreply 16511/10/2013

I love the way r162 describes things. I roared!

Did you hate the Toyota Corolla commercial on that "Commercials You Hate" thread too? I roared at that one too.

by Anonymousreply 16611/10/2013

R168 watches a lot of Katy Perry.

by Anonymousreply 16711/10/2013

I notice only the people who dislike Ethiopian food are accused of being racist. You can dislike Asian and Mexican food without being racist and no doubt Asians and Ethiopians can dislike American food and not be racist.

by Anonymousreply 16811/10/2013

Well, it appears from today's news we won't be tempted any longer with Phillipino cuisine.

by Anonymousreply 16911/10/2013

I hate nearly all German & Australian foods.

I Dislike most, but not all of Colombian, Filipino, & Thai dishes.

I can not even bring myself to ever try Ethiopian food (it looks like puke, and probably taste like it too, yuck!) looking at it makes me nauseous.

English & Irish Foods are boring, but I don't necessarily hate it.

I like some Russian dishes such as-Veal Orlov, Pelmeni with white Vodka sauce, Goulash, & of course Beef Stoganov.

I love French, Authentic Italian, Indian, Spanish, and most Asian foods especially Japanese. I love Creole/Cajun, and soul food as well.

by Anonymousreply 17011/10/2013

What is Australian food, R172? Fried wombat? Koala bear stew?

by Anonymousreply 17111/10/2013

What kind of cuisine does Australia have? I never thought of them as having separate cuisine from the British who colonized.

by Anonymousreply 17211/10/2013

I understand that Australians serve beet slices with burgers as a default option - yuk! They also are into meat pies, I think.

I've seen racist statements about Asian food, as well as Ethiopian.

by Anonymousreply 17311/10/2013

I refuse to eat at Indian or Ethiopian restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 17411/10/2013

Do Australians also eat Vegemite?

by Anonymousreply 17511/10/2013

I am very leery of Italian (read: Italian-American) rstaurants, R176. I love Indian food, but it's really tough to find joints that serve decent fare, including regional or ethnic specialties such as Gujurati thalis! German food is okay, though schnitzel seems rather boring.

by Anonymousreply 17611/10/2013

R172 Goulash is a Hungarian dish, not Russian.

There is no Australian food.

Italian, French and German food is so versatile you can't paint it with the same brush.

I would consider Thai food Asian.

by Anonymousreply 17711/10/2013

Thai food is not Asian.

by Anonymousreply 17811/10/2013

[quote]Yeah there are a lot of baby tastes on display in this thread, along with people who clearly don't know the first thing about the regional food they are talking about.

This applies perfectly to the idiot at R162.

by Anonymousreply 17911/10/2013

I cannot stand Asian, Ethiopian, German, French, Indian, Italian, or any ethnic cuisine.

I only eat American food: burgers, hot dogs, pizza, spagetti and meatballs, pancakes, corn dogs, cheese sticks, corn on the cob, potatoe chips and the like. USA! USA! USA!

by Anonymousreply 18011/10/2013

[quote]potatoe chips

R182=Dan Quayle

by Anonymousreply 18111/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 18211/10/2013

Thai cuisine is the national cuisine of Thailand. Blending elements of several Southeast Asian traditions, Thai cooking places emphasis on lightly prepared dishes with strong aromatic components. The spiciness of Thai cuisine is well known. As with other Asian cuisines, balance, detail and variety are of great significance to Thai chefs.

by Anonymousreply 18311/10/2013

Thai cuisine isn't necessary all that "spicy" by default I don't think.

by Anonymousreply 18411/10/2013

American Southern and Japanese (love all kinds of Chinese, Indonesian, and Thai, though).

by Anonymousreply 18511/10/2013

Australian food is similar to British foods, but with weird seasonings added to it, or it is very bland. Yes they do serve Kangaroo there btw. They serve nearly the same dishes most countries serve, but they serve it badly, just not a lot of good cooks there I guess. I can tell you that when I was there, I nearly starved the food was so bad.

by Anonymousreply 18611/10/2013

ehm ... Pizza and Spagetti are not American food

by Anonymousreply 18711/10/2013

You can't eat kangaroo. It's illegal to kill one. Just like Koalas and dolphins.

by Anonymousreply 18811/11/2013

Kangaroo burger with koala sauce and dolphin juice is delicious!

by Anonymousreply 18911/11/2013

I pretty much like all kinds of ethnic cuisine including Ethiopian, Latin American and Chinese American. Italian food bores the hell out of me. Love Cajun, Creole and Southern US/soul food. They utilize French, African and English cooking techniques but use foods in the USA.

I agree with the posters who commented on the somewhat dicey cleanliness and hygiene issues of some Asian and Eastern European cuisine. I've watched cooks in China and Korea blow their noses directly into their hands, and go back to cooking without even washing their hands. And Russians, Poles and others from the ex-Soviet bloc do not bathe regularly - not the type of people I want to cook MY food.

by Anonymousreply 19011/11/2013

It's really strange the way some people go apeshit if someone doesn't like a food that they like. They call them racist, babytastes, idiots, etc.

I wonder if they are the same people who inhabit the obsessed fan threads. No one is allowed to disagree with them without being called a name.

by Anonymousreply 19111/11/2013

Well, you have to admit, some people really are immature in their palette, r193!

Fast food has killed most American's taste buds.

by Anonymousreply 19211/11/2013

r190 - Roadkill is A-OK.

Eat up, you silly bint!

by Anonymousreply 19311/11/2013

Croatian cuisine.

by Anonymousreply 19411/11/2013

I've never tried Ethiopian but there is a restaurant here that is supposed to be excellent and has won awards.

by Anonymousreply 19511/11/2013

12 bucks for a pile of lentils or split peas? I'll pass, R197.

by Anonymousreply 19611/11/2013

You're a lot better off getting a combo platter that individual items at Ethiopian joints.

by Anonymousreply 19711/11/2013

Even Russians hate Russian food.

by Anonymousreply 19811/11/2013

[quote] Well, you have to admit, some people really are immature in their palette

Nobody has a mature or immature palette. They simply have likes and dislikes.

The title of the thread is least favorite ethnic food. When people respond to the question, they're called names, which is an immature reaction.

Maybe you should start a thread,"This is my thread where I talk about food and no one is allowed to disagree with me because they're racist idiots with babytaste. You have been cautioned."

by Anonymousreply 19911/11/2013

I'm guessing that comment was more directed to the posters calling Ethiopian food "baby vomit" and other gross comments without ever having tried the cuisine, R201.

by Anonymousreply 20011/11/2013

I think if you discount an entire region's cuisine after trying just a few dishes than that seems pretty small minded and can be bordering on racist. There's more depth than you've probably allowed yourself to be exposed to.

Everywhere there may be off putting foods that you just can't get your mind around to try like half matured duck eggs, blood soup, or haggis. I'll never eat veal. Or there may be some you've tried and just don't understand. Blackened is just burnt to me. But that doesn't mean that's all that region has to offer.

[quote]Maybe you should start a thread,"This is my thread where I talk about food and no one is allowed to disagree with me because they're racist idiots with babytaste. You have been cautioned."

I don't see a rule on DL where we have obey the OP. I think we're allowed to point or pointless bitchery where ever we like.

by Anonymousreply 20111/11/2013

We hate us ever thin that ain't AMERICAN!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20211/11/2013

[quote]I think if you discount an entire region's cuisine after trying just a few dishes then that seems pretty small minded and can be bordering on racist.

I could buy this if there weren't such a wealth of food in the world that I do like. I have no need to eat food I don't like, for whatever reason, however many times I may have tried it.

Your "racist" comment is just so much "Racist!" trolling.

by Anonymousreply 20311/11/2013

or = our

by Anonymousreply 20411/11/2013

[quote]Blackened is just burnt to me.

Blackened refers to the seasoning.

Do people in the UK still boil beef? I've heard references on tv to that. Sounds revolting.

by Anonymousreply 20511/11/2013

I have to say, those Japanese bento boxes look pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 20611/11/2013

Ever have boiled beef in Italy. It's a specialty of the Verona-Venice area, and it's called bollito misto. It sits in a cart of boiling water and both looks and tastes disgusting. I know, I know. I have babytastes. Maybe, but it's still repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 20711/11/2013

I love Bollito Misto! In Vienna they call it Tafelspitz, slow boiled beef with carrots, leeks ans celery. They spice the broth with pepper, bay leaves, cloves and onions. Eaten with horseradish, applesauce and served with boiled potatoes.

Wonderful dish!

by Anonymousreply 20811/11/2013

I love やきそば!!

by Anonymousreply 20911/11/2013

That Bento box looks delicious, R208, and yum, okra is my favorite!

I cannot stomach Ethiopian, sorry, tried it once and that was enough, I think it's a textural discomfort more than taste.

Lately I have been making Chinese cuisine at home and it's easy, cheap, and delicious. I don't trust the ingredients exported from China (or Chinese restaurant fare for that matter), and I am having a lot of fun and saving money, to boot. My dumplings aren't going to win any beauty prizes yet, but they taste just as good as the restaurants' and at least I know their contents.

by Anonymousreply 21011/11/2013

How do you make dumps? Do you have a recippy?

by Anonymousreply 21111/12/2013

I think that's jalapeno, not okra, R212.

by Anonymousreply 21211/12/2013

Polenta hater, I don't care for polenta either. It's pretty flavorless like grits. Not gross but just bland and nothing unless really seasoned up.

by Anonymousreply 21311/12/2013

Does that head really need to be there?

by Anonymousreply 21411/27/2013

Lots of poor African countries have awful dishes, either very bland or bordering on rancid.

by Anonymousreply 21511/27/2013

r209 and r210, pot roast much?

Beef boiled all day with herbs, veggies, toss in some wine maybe, or just use a pack of instant onion soup mix. Serve with noodles.

by Anonymousreply 21611/29/2013

Yum R216, chinese roast duck is awesome, head or no head.

by Anonymousreply 21712/01/2013

The English were forced to enslave half the world to find decent food to eat.

by Anonymousreply 21812/01/2013

My brother's in-laws are Croatian/Dalmatian/Albanian what-the-fucks and their ethnic dishes from "the old country" are vile.

by Anonymousreply 21912/01/2013

Indian food tastes kind of crock pottie to me.

by Anonymousreply 22012/01/2013

Some think Indian food tastes just plain ol' "pottie."

by Anonymousreply 22112/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 22212/01/2013

When in doubt, just go with pizza.

by Anonymousreply 22312/01/2013

After that picture (at r225) was taken, she probably ate the pizza, the camera and the photographer.

by Anonymousreply 22412/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!