Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What will President Obama do when his term is over?

I imagine he'll go to the U.N. and keep a vacation house in Hawaii. I don't think Michelle will go into politics.

by Anonymousreply 8411/09/2013

Campaign for his third term. This has been in the works for several years. The 22nd Amendment will be repealed by 2020.

by Anonymousreply 211/05/2013

Get down with his bad self.

by Anonymousreply 411/05/2013

Write his autobiography

by Anonymousreply 611/05/2013

Start a foundation, go round the world doing "good deeds", much like previous presidents do.

I don't think he'll "go to the UN". And do what?

by Anonymousreply 811/05/2013

Only Dem presidents to that. Repubs retire and do nothing, appear commercials, make money.

by Anonymousreply 911/05/2013

Hopefully, write a book inditing the Republican party for its reprehensible treatment of him. Be a college professor.

by Anonymousreply 1011/05/2013

he'll make lots giving speeches.

by Anonymousreply 1111/05/2013

He'll host his own daytime show.

by Anonymousreply 1211/05/2013

I agree with OP that Michelle won't go into politics but I'd love for her to write a book about her stint as First Lady. I don't think she likes Washington at all and I'd love to hear some dish.

by Anonymousreply 1311/05/2013

+1 with r13.

I'm more interested in what MO has to say then him.

by Anonymousreply 1411/05/2013

I think he'll probably go back to teaching law school. He seemed to really like that.

by Anonymousreply 1511/05/2013

Supreme Court

by Anonymousreply 1611/05/2013

I wish Michelle Obama would run for Pres (& win), & that Barack Obama would join the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 1711/05/2013

He's very judicious. He'd be a wonderful addition to the court, r16. I read this somewhere recently...twitter, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 1811/05/2013

He'll campaign for moderate Democrats he likes. The man gives great speech.

I could see him accepting a school presidency, but his mark has been made in healthcare.

I'm holding out for his SC appointments in 2014. That's when we'll see true fireworks.

by Anonymousreply 2011/05/2013

He'll become an Architect!

by Anonymousreply 2111/05/2013

Will the Obama's return to Chicago? or go to Hawaii?

by Anonymousreply 2211/05/2013

The Obama's what, R22? Their dog?

by Anonymousreply 2411/05/2013

Get as far away from the States as he can.

by Anonymousreply 2611/05/2013

I would love to see Michelle get a show on the Food Network.

by Anonymousreply 2711/05/2013

[quote]Barack will be making a lot of speeches to support the lifestyle to which Michelle has grown accustomed.

What lifestyle is that? She can't be lavish now or the mouthbreathers' will be on her like no one's business. And you do realize that his presidential salary is a pittance compared to what he'll be bringing in after he leaves the presidency, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 2811/05/2013

Don't feed the trolls, R28. He prefers First Ladies live a life of sacrifice like Pickles or Babs Bush.

by Anonymousreply 2911/05/2013

President of Columbia.

by Anonymousreply 3111/06/2013

Bill deBlasio's Chief of Staff.

by Anonymousreply 3211/06/2013

I think he'll go the Carter-Clinton route and be an active elder statesman. Teach a couple of law seminars, give lectures, promote charitable causes. I don't see him crawling off to corporate boardrooms like Bush Senior or dropping off the face of the earth like Bush Junior.

People are going to miss him so fucking much when he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 3511/06/2013

Obama barely wants to be in there now as it is. He's been giving subtle hints all along. I could definitely see him doing some charity work, but I don't think he's going to be in the limelight as much as Clinton. It's been a rough ride for him, and I could see him laying low for a while afterwards.

And no fucking way does Michelle want to spend another second beyond those eight years in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 3611/06/2013

I hope on his last day he tells congress to kiss his black ass.

by Anonymousreply 4111/06/2013

[quote]Obama barely wants to be in there now as it is. He's been giving subtle hints all along.

Hints so subtle no one can see them!

by Anonymousreply 4411/06/2013

He will usher in the New World Order, serving as Secretary of the Planet underneath the One World Leader, Satan. He will appoint Bill Ayers to head up UASA (Unitary Aeronautics and Space Administration) to send signals into space in an effort to draw extraterrestrials into our atmosphere. These extraterrestrials will enslave humankind and practice mandatory population control on us to ensure we remain a downtrodden galactic minority.

A small group of armed survivalists hiding out in caves in the American desert will strive to contact Jesus Christ so that Jesus will bring about Armageddon and the Rapture..

by Anonymousreply 4511/06/2013

Divorce Michelle and marry Rahm Emanuel.

by Anonymousreply 4611/06/2013

[quote]The word on the Hill is, Dems will change the two term limit before Obama's term is up. Obama will then be elected to a 3rd term.

You really should forfeit your citizenship since clearly you have no idea how things work.

by Anonymousreply 4711/06/2013

"The word on the Hill is, Dems will change the two term limit before Obama's term is up. Obama will then be elected to a 3rd term."

by Anonymousreply 4811/06/2013

Part 2

by Anonymousreply 4911/06/2013

I think he'll move his family to Hawaii, probably become a professor at the Univ. of Hawaii and write books. I don't see him leading a big-time foundation like Bill Clinton, he's too much of an introvert. But I can see Michelle wanting to have her own career.

by Anonymousreply 5011/06/2013

[quote]People are going to miss him so fucking much when he's gone.

I certainly will. Such a pleasure to hear a Pres speak well instead of babbling "misunderestimate", etc.

by Anonymousreply 5111/06/2013

R7 should be reported to the police.

by Anonymousreply 5211/06/2013

President of some law school eventually.

by Anonymousreply 5711/06/2013

r56, they can 'reactivate' their law licenses if they choose to, right?

by Anonymousreply 5811/06/2013

Someday soon The Nine will be known as "Barack Obama and the Supremes."

by Anonymousreply 6011/06/2013

R59 - Wrong. Obama taught at U of Chicago for many years. They wanted to give him a tenured position, but Obama turned them down.

by Anonymousreply 6111/06/2013

R62 - Buzz. Wrong

"The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer."

From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers has high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined"

by Anonymousreply 6311/06/2013

Everybody! Smell me!

by Anonymousreply 6411/06/2013

R65 - Liar Liar pants on fire.

You must think we are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 6711/06/2013

I agree that he will likely write a book and probably go on the speaking circuit where he will make a lot of money. Michelle will probably work with some corporation, but may set up a foundation. I could see where they might do this together and she would run the day-to-day operation. I think she keeps pretty busy and likes it, plus her kids will be older.

by Anonymousreply 6911/06/2013

He's gonna head up ACORN and get the black panthers to kill us all!!!

by Anonymousreply 7011/06/2013

One thing I believe, is that he will make sure his foundation or some other vehicle of his invention, will set up some kind of "community organizing" component to get people more engaged in their communities and in government. He'll try to find something to neutralize the wackos on the Right.

I also think he's going to do a lot to try to stop gun violence. If his post-presidency promotes more activism on the Left, and a mobilization to end gun violence, he will not be working for The Carlyle Group.

by Anonymousreply 7111/07/2013

r71, I agree. Additionally, community service aligns well with Michelle's previous work. They'll base their operation in Chicago. Unfortunately that means they'll continue their association with lakefront idiots but that's unavoidable. Regardless they'll motivate a new generation of public servants.

by Anonymousreply 7311/07/2013

Go to Disney World, of course!

by Anonymousreply 7511/07/2013

R77, all the evidence is that Obama works very hard. He's worked harder than all of the recent Presidents with the possible exceptions of the first Bush and Carter.

by Anonymousreply 7811/08/2013

Well, if you believe the other thread tonight, I guess the first thing he'll do is come out.

by Anonymousreply 7911/09/2013

R78, Obama is more hands-off than any of them. Not only is that a fact, both Repubs and Dems complain about it. He may work "hard" but he appears not to like the job he's currently in.

I'll bet he's looking forward to the end of his term.

by Anonymousreply 8111/09/2013

R81 - Bullshit. Obama has taken fewer vacation days than Bush or Reagan, probably Clinton as well.

It may be true that he does not engage Congress like some other Presidents, but that is different from not working hard.

by Anonymousreply 8211/09/2013

He works hard, Clinton worked hard, Carter worked hard, Bush1 worked regularly. Reagan and Bush2 didn't like work and rarely put in a full day.

R68 opines:

[quote]They'll be dealing with major transitions for their kids, so we might not really hear a lot from them for a year.

It is standard protocol for former US presidents to lay low for the first year out of office. They make few (or no) public appearances and no public comments on their successors or any political issues for that entire first year. Some, like Dumb W, extend that silent first year to forever. In his case, we appreciate it. In President Obama's case, we would not appreciate it.

[quote]OTOH, he may also join The Carlyle Group and make some money. He'll be their first.

Their first what?

[quote]Of course they'd have to demote Roberts so Barry could be chief, but maybe he doesn't want to work that hard.

Barry? Oh, I see - you're just another dumb freeper troll.

Carry on, shit-stain. t

by Anonymousreply 8311/09/2013

Obama definitely doesn't like to work, so hopefully we'll never have to see his ugly ass face again.

by Anonymousreply 8411/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.