Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Greatest Event in Television History, part 3

Adam Scott& Co. already replicated the opening credits of "Hart to Hart" and "Simon and Simon." Now they're taking on a sitcom. Here's the article from EW, with a picture that clues us in to the subject.

At first glance I thought "Family Ties," but the mother is all wrong and Alex is the youngest. So I checked the comments on EW and most people seem to think it's "Too Close for Comfort," although Monroe (Scott) seems to be too small.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2013

It looks like Family Ties - but with that cast - they could be doing the opening to Alice.

(see link)

The Alice opening credits has a number of costume changes, wacky scenarios, etc. that is signature for The Greatest Event in TV History.

by Anonymousreply 111/03/2013

That cast portrait is clearly a mash-up of the casts of Family Ties and Too Close for Comfort. Maybe the video will be some kind of hybrid?

The earlier clue given was a photo of a sofa that was clearly the one from the daughters' apartment in TCFC.

by Anonymousreply 211/03/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2013

No, I wish he was though. He's my pretend boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2013

That isn't Monroe, it's Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 511/03/2013

Well, I was wrong, it was Monroe. Here's the clip, but you have to skim to the end of part three to see the recreation.

It's not as good as the other ones.

by Anonymousreply 611/08/2013

Not as good as the others (the opening credits were too short to do a decent lampoon) but I hope he keeps making these. They are fun to watch.

I also enjoy Adam in his tight jeans.

by Anonymousreply 711/08/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 811/08/2013

I agree this one was kind of a disappointment. It was too short, for one thing.

I do like the people Adam Scott hires to do these, though. I'd also love to see him do Alice next.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2013

He and Hamm should do Perfect Strangers.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!