Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why Christie Won't Be 2016 Republican Nominee

For the same reasons Romney didn't pick him as VP running mate.

Just beneath his well-honed surface, a cesspool of sleaze.

by Anonymousreply 1011/05/2013

From the article: [quote]Mitt also cared about fitness and was prone to poke fun at those who didn’t. (“Oh, there’s your date for tonight,” he would say to male members of his traveling crew when they spied a chunky lady on the street.) Romney marveled at Christie’s girth, his difficulties in making his way down the narrow aisle of the campaign bus. Watching a video of Christie without his suit jacket on, Romney cackled to his aides, “Guys! Look at that!”

What a fuxking immature cunt bucket. I'm glad he lost big.

by Anonymousreply 211/03/2013

Based on the bit posted @ r2, Mitt sounds sort of like a typical DLer.

I don't doubt that Christie has dirty hands. It's hard to be a politician in New Jersey and stay totally clean. But this is also a pretty clear example of the Romney loyalists trying to sandbag him. I'm sure they still feel stung over the way Christie embraced Obama during the Sandy aftermath, just weeks before the election.

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2013

Romney doesn't seem like a DLer at all. He's more like an overgrown, immature frat boy.

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2013

The article/excerpt is missing a couple of critical points, and perhaps other sections of the book highlight this, but it's striking that the quote ignores the sloppy and inept rollout of Ryan as the running mate. Of course, I've written and talked about this before, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who sees the symbolism of that Saturday morning debacle of Paul Ryan literally walking the gangplank to the platform, combined with the lack of signage and enthusiasm from the crowd. At least when McGramps bowed Palin, there was palpable excitement from the crowd; the Rmoney campaign, I guess, couldn't be bothered to bus in a group of Ryan supporters to go ballistic when Mittens said his name.

But to suggest that Mittens chose Eddie Munster 10 days earlier? What are Halperin and Heilemann smoking? I guess the question I would ask them is if this is the case, why did the Rmoney campaign set up that whole iPhone app telling everyone to download it to get be the first to hear the selection, and then not use the app? Why did they say they were going to announce on Monday, and then do it Saturday morning, and worse, in that setting? And, are they saying that there is no printer in all of America that the Rmoney's could trust to keep a secret? There were no Rmoney/Munster signs for days, let alone at that rally. And these are just the obvious indications that the selection of Ryan was hurried, done in a panic, or perhaps more accurately, bought and paid for by the Kochs.

The only accurate point in he Time excerpt was that Rmoney was down by about 6 points when he announced Ryan. Thank man-in-sky this idiot lost the election. America dodged a bullet when McGramps lost, but we dodged a cannonball when Rmoney lost.

by Anonymousreply 511/03/2013

Still, for these and other reasons, I wouldn't have picked Christie either.

by Anonymousreply 611/03/2013

Please. The Tea people would never permit it.

by Anonymousreply 711/03/2013

"...that Saturday morning debacle of Paul Ryan literally walking the gangplank to the platform"

"The Next President of the United States" at 08:20

by Anonymousreply 811/05/2013

"Just beneath his well-honed surface, a cesspool of sleaze."

I think it's hilarious that anyone would consider Christie's surface persona "well-honed."

by Anonymousreply 911/05/2013

Christie....President Situation

by Anonymousreply 1011/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.