Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dementia Question

I have an 86-year-old friend with no memory loss except for names. He'll start talking about an actor or character and goes blank. Is there a name for this type of problem?

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2013

We told you the name yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 111/03/2013

My mother has this with actors, movies and show so she gives them nicknames. In contrast, I have excellent recollection of such things, but can't remember the names of real people which my mother is excellent at remembering.

by Anonymousreply 211/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2013

OP here. My friend voted for Obama and will click Barbara Buono for New Jersey governor on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2013

Does take cholesterol statin medication? I was Trivia King my whole life. I take Lovastatin now and the names are gone. I can picture the person, but I'll be damned if the name comes. IMBD is my friend now.

by Anonymousreply 511/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 611/03/2013

That is not dementia, that is just normal aging.

Aging is when you can't remember where your keys are. Dementia is when you can't remember what keys are for.

by Anonymousreply 711/05/2013

It's fairly common for proper nouns to go first -- they have no real connection to other words, after all; perhaps that's the reason.

Now to I get to tell the story of the decrepit, hunched over, old man and equally wizened old woman who are sitting on a park bench when she announces, "I can tell you how old you are!"

"How?" he asks.

"Stand up!" she demands. He stands up, and faces her. She unzips his fly, sticks her gnarled, contorted fingers inside, and starts to feel around. She grasps, she gropes, she gasps, she strokes, and then feels around some more, before announcing, "you're eighty-seven!"

"That's amazing!" he replies. "How did you know?" She explains, "You told me yesterday."

by Anonymousreply 811/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!