Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

West Point hosts first wedding between 2 men

Two West Point graduates were married Saturday in the military academy's first wedding between two men.

Larry Choate III, class of 2009, married Daniel Lennox, class of 2007, before about 20 guests.

Choate, 27, taught Sunday school at the U.S. Military Academy's Cadet Chapel and said he always thought of it as the place he would get married if he could.

West Point hosted two same-sex weddings of women in late 2012, more than a year after New York legalized same-sex marriage. But Saturday's wedding was the first time two men wed at West Point.

"It's maybe one more barrier that's pushed over a little bit, or maybe one more glass ceiling that's shattered that makes it easier for the next couple," Choate said Friday.

Choate and Lennox are out of the military and wore tuxedoes for the ceremony. Some of their guests were in uniform.

The 28-year-old Lennox is getting his master's degree in business administration at Harvard University. Choate is applying to Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government.

The pair did not know each other as cadets but met later through a friend.

Chaplain Cynthia Lindenmeyer officiated the ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 711/03/2013

Choate III is a Log Cabinette.

by Anonymousreply 111/02/2013

The one with breasts must be the bottom...

by Anonymousreply 211/02/2013

The blond one is cute.

The other? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2013

Choate III taught Sunday school. That is all I need to know about him.

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2013

Is it me or are they both sporting (unimpressive) VPLs in the R2 link?

I must admit I was hoping for JOIN THE ARMY poster guys, but alas....

by Anonymousreply 511/03/2013

Military, practicing Christian and conservative.

by Anonymousreply 611/03/2013

Poor Choate is a mess. His parents and their freakazoid religion have really done a number on him. I loathe his politics, but his ice queen mother and stand-offish father have preliminarily doomed him to a life of misery. He'll never be Prince Perfect, no matter how hard he tries. Hope he and his Soldier Man wake up soon.

by Anonymousreply 711/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!