Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What are your Christmas plans?

Can't wait until December, I'm planning on exercising and watching movies. What about you?

by Anonymousreply 2011/03/2013

Tell everyone I'm going outta town, so no one invites me anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 111/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 211/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2013

Waiting with exciting for the annual arrival of the Christmas Mouse.

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2013

Praying for Superbowl

by Anonymousreply 511/03/2013

Community Christmas dinner, with friends, the Saturday before Christmas. Everybody brings one prepared dish,(I'm always the dessert guy) the main course is up to who's doing the hosting this year(our34th) Started off with 16 people, we're now down to 12(2 deaths, 2 moves) We also have our pollyanna. Christmas Day with family. A drive through the neighborhoods, looking at all the decorations.No decorations for us though, gave 'em all away, except for 2 petitpoint Father Christmas faces I made into hanging ornaments. It's great to be able to really enjoy the festivities, now that I'm retired.

by Anonymousreply 611/03/2013

Christmas always brings out the best in DLers.

by Anonymousreply 711/03/2013

I don't have much family, so I travel on Christmas and lately I've been going to places that don't really celebrate Christmas, mostly Southeast Asia. This year is Cambodia. The do put on a show of a Christmas for Western tourists, but since they're not Christian countries, it's interesting to be some place where no one gives a fuck about Santa or Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 811/03/2013

R6, are you the Pollyanna? If not, please describe him or her. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 911/03/2013

r9 Lowercase "p" for pollyanna. I'm not it, but it exists. It's the same as a "Secret Santa." We pulled the names on Halloween when most of us were together. We're not allowed to reveal who we chose, until the night of the dinner. 25 dollar limit, but people often go over that. I usually make something,sewn or crocheted, and sometimes include a small, bought gift.

by Anonymousreply 1011/03/2013

Christmas is just another day for me. I like to stay home alone. I might cook something special for myself. As Xmas approaches I live in fear of an invitation to dinner I will have a hard time getting out of. I am usually prepared with "already committed for dinner, so sorry, going to my cousins this year" There is no cousin. One factor for me is I hate the shortest days of the year which happen at Christmas time. It's cold, just leave me the fuck alone. I am not a Christian, GET OUT GET OUT.

by Anonymousreply 1111/03/2013

[quote] it's interesting to be some place where no one gives a fuck about Santa or Jesus.

[quote] just leave me the fuck alone. I am not a Christian, GET OUT GET OUT.

What is wrong with some of you people? Do you try hard at being miserable or does it come naturally?

I don't give a fuck about Santa or Jesus either, and I'm an atheist, but I love Christmas. I love decorating a tree and having friends over on Christmas day to share in a big feast and have cocktails and laugh for a few hours.

Life's short enough as it is. Being a Scrooge makes it even shorter.

by Anonymousreply 1211/03/2013

I have no family and few friends. Still, I decorate a tree and put up a wreath on the front door. I make a list of all the things I need and buy them starting the day after Thanksgiving, on line. A new toaster oven, space heater, new blankets, a new robe. etc. Then I get a package delivered to my door just about every week between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't over spend on stuff I don't need. I might splurge and buy a new Zagg keyboard for my iPad. Selfish, I know. I will order a nice Christmas Eve dinner and a couple of bottles of good wine and watch all the Blue-ray DVD's that I bought but never got around to watching. Quality baked goods are also a treat that I indulge in over Christmas. I do understand why people love Christmas though.

by Anonymousreply 1311/03/2013

Family stuff Xmas Eve and day. Likely a gay happy hour with friends before they all fly home (I'm a local). Xtra time off work to goof around, be lazy and spend gift cards. Hitting the after Xmas sales to scout out a good NYE outfit.

by Anonymousreply 1411/03/2013

[R12] I'm the GET OUT GET OUT. What a value judgment. What truly makes me miserable is going to someone's house for Christmas. What makes me happy is staying home. We aren't all the same, you need to learn to respect the choices other people make. I love to spend Thanksgiving by myself also. I cook something, watch the Macy's day parade and then the National Dog show.

by Anonymousreply 1511/03/2013

I have a recent back injury and an unsafe car that I can't afford to replace yet, so I don't get to see any family this year. I will be stuck at home. How fun. Will probably drown my sorrows in spiked egg nog and sweets, packing on some new fat.

Honestly is so alluring, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 1611/03/2013

[quote]What is wrong with some of you people? Do you try hard at being miserable or does it come naturally?

Not miserable at all! I lurve travel and traveling to exotic pplaces on Christmas is fascinating to me. (I do the same for Thanksgiving and NYE) I have had my fair share of Norman Rockwell type holidays and now I want something else. This is really my Christmas present to me.

by Anonymousreply 1711/03/2013

I'm working, somebody has to. I always work Christmas so my co-workers who need to go to church or appease small children can do so, and so I can get out of the gigantic tasteless consumer crapfest it's become.

The best thing a Christmas-hater can have is an excuse that nobody can question.

by Anonymousreply 1811/03/2013

[quote]What is wrong with some of you people? Do you try hard at being miserable or does it come naturally?

No, tool, [italic]Christmas[/italic] makes people miserable. It lasts from Thanksgiving Day until January 1 of the following year. It's admittedly a short one this year, starting on November 28, but threads like this make it seem longer.

A good Christmas song: "It's the least wonderful time of the year." Alternately, "It's the most miserable time of the year."

And some of us hate winter. April is the only month I can imagine singing: "It's the most wonderful time of the year."

I much prefer Hanukkah. It's only eight nights long.

by Anonymousreply 1911/03/2013

Forgot to mention I'm an ICU nurse. Really, somebody HAS to work Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 2011/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!