Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Now that it's November, the office environment will be dominated by fraudom for the next 2 months.

On Monday, Jen will spend all morning stapling autumn harvest decorations on the bulletin boards. She'll get back to work after taking a leisurely -and well-deserved- 2 hour lunch break.

by Anonymousreply 3111/03/2013

I have a friend who actually does these things in [italic]his[/italic] office. He's never been to DL, but he has referred to himself a couple of times as a "hausfrau." His husband is happy, so who am I to say he should be any different.

I can't stand looking at how much money he spends on this crap.

by Anonymousreply 111/02/2013

UGHHHHH the countless, countless of freaking potlucks that are yet to come. I just LOVE smelling onions all day.

by Anonymousreply 211/02/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 311/02/2013

What R2 said. Food you bring to work shouldn't smell up anyone else's space.

by Anonymousreply 411/02/2013

What about those holiday gift exchanges? I hated those. I hated the office Christmas parties, too. And the stoo-pid Christmas sweaters they would wear, esp. the ones that lit up or had sugary sweet sayings on them that were sweet enough to rot Holly Hobbies' teeth out.

by Anonymousreply 511/02/2013

You guys sound like you have lousy jobs.

by Anonymousreply 611/02/2013

Do they not have Movember in your office? That takes over everything in our office.

by Anonymousreply 711/02/2013

So glad to be a freelancer this time of year.

Do not have to put up with any of this BS.

by Anonymousreply 811/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 1011/02/2013

R9, wrapping your computer monitor in a boa and sitting a tiara is just so professional.

This kind of shit beings in kindergarten, not in a professional office.

This is nothing more than your corporate overloads and their condescending infantilization of their workplace.

by Anonymousreply 1211/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 1311/02/2013

What is "corporate overload," r12?

by Anonymousreply 1411/02/2013

Oops overlord. Damn autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 1511/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 1811/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 1911/02/2013

I know, r18, what in the world is r16 raving about? She must be drunk.

by Anonymousreply 2011/02/2013

OMG I'm so EXCITED!!

Autumn decorations, pot luck lunches and soon it will be time for Mystery Santa!!

Yippee! I'm Santa's NUMBER ONE FAN!

by Anonymousreply 2111/02/2013

I think R22 would be more comfortable over at gehlings.com

by Anonymousreply 2311/02/2013

As a client, I will confirm that several of the posters are correct. I don't like seeing a lot of unprofessional and personal frou-frou decor at any firm I'm considering. I also don't want to see or smell food at people's desks as I'm shown into a conference room or office.

Seeing/smelling those things gives me the impression that the people who work there are not serious professionals. If I am paying big bucks for your work, and I am, then I want serious, boring, hard-working people doing it.

If you want to decorate your house in boas and autumn leaves and eat garlic chicken wherever you want in that house - go for it. Keep the kitschy personal crap out of a professional environment. It matters to people who matter.

by Anonymousreply 2411/02/2013

r25=on the rag

by Anonymousreply 2611/02/2013

[quote] people under a hundred to post

oh my

by Anonymousreply 2711/02/2013

My boss sent out an email on Friday, a friendly reminder that we should remain productive and punctual in the coming weeks. He knows that people tend to be less productive this time of year, call out sick, or just plain phone it in until New Years.

by Anonymousreply 2811/02/2013

[quote]But it's apparently normal to come into work with a hangover the next day because you've been out getting shitfaced the night before. Real professional. I'm sure your colleagues love that.

R16, only an alcoholic/drug addict would assume that any person meeting friends for drinks after work is automatically going to get "shitfaced" and come in "hungover" the next day.

Normal adults have a drink or two with friends or maybe wine with dinner. We don't get drunk. We go home at a reasonable hour. We're responsible, educated, professional people.

I hope you are receiving appropriate treatment, support and counseling, good luck.

by Anonymousreply 2911/02/2013

I have never worked at an office-like setting, but cubicle decorating and other such silliness sounds insufferable. At every job, there are always people who are just there marking time, showing up, and collecting a paycheck. I imagine it is these slackers most concerned with all this crap. It sounds bizarre to me. Who is going to do the actual work?

by Anonymousreply 3011/02/2013

I usually enjoy these kind of threads as there's often a grain of truth in them, but I don't think seasonal decorating is automatically a sign of lack of productivity or tackiness. Maybe it depends on the broader culture of the office, but mine only tends to decorate for Christmas and it's an attempt to humanise the place rather than be an expression of one person's fraudom. Plus, if half an hour if communal decorating is going to critically endanger your work, there's bigger issues at play.

by Anonymousreply 3111/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.