Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Polanski's The Pianist...(2002)

I couldn't believe there's no thread on this so I thought I'd start one.

What did you think of it?

by Anonymousreply 1111/02/2013

Vastly superior to Schindler's List.

by Anonymousreply 111/02/2013

I thought it started weakly. His family were weakly played by a bunch of so-so British actors. Sort of soap opera-ish. But, once they were shoved on the cattle trucks, the film took off.

by Anonymousreply 211/02/2013

I wanted the kindly nazi to fuck his jew ass on that piano

by Anonymousreply 311/02/2013

I never miss it on cable. It really is terrific.

Oh, R3, about the handsome Nazi soldier in the end: He was actually an East German athlete before the wall came down. He was an Olympic swimmer. He escaped East Germany by leaving Berlin and travelling south along the barbed wire border and nearly died in that escape.

He can also be seen in a film (the title escapes me), a true story about a German gay cannibal who meets a submissive online who WANTS to be eaten to death, and then kills him, cuts him up and freezes him and eats him all winter long. He killed and ate other men that he found on a European chat room specificially for gay cannibalism (yes, there was a chatroom for that in Europe in the 90s). Eventually, someone turned him into the authorities.

Ah! "Grim Love" was the name of the movie. Seen late night on cable. Absolutely extremely unsettling movie. Movie trailer below.

by Anonymousreply 411/02/2013

"It tastes like pork..."

by Anonymousreply 511/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 611/02/2013

I have an eternal erection for Adrien Brody, so I love it.

by Anonymousreply 711/02/2013

Those Warsaw (?) apartments were so elegant. I loved the graciousness and respectability of the Emilia Fox character.

by Anonymousreply 811/02/2013

This is one of my all time favourite movies. Adrian Brody was so good in it, such a pity he has become a bit of a knob. Roman Polanski is obviously a loathsome individual and I would normally avoid his work, but very glad i watched this as it really is one of the best performances by an actor i have ever seen.

The scene when he emerges into the ruined city is imprinted on my mind.

by Anonymousreply 911/02/2013

I do too, r7! We should start a chatroom to find others.

by Anonymousreply 1011/02/2013

Polanski's best film.

by Anonymousreply 1111/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!