Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wireless Router

Any recommendations?

I have to connect two computers (desktop, notebook), a printer, and eventually two DirecTV HD DVR receivers (which will require adapters).

Sorry if it's too dull a topic. But is a lot more an open discussion forum than other sites.

by OPreply 411/02/2013

Netgear WNDR 4500 - never had to reboot it once other than occasional firmware updates -

or if you want latest and greatest get a wireless router that supports AC the new high speed wireless frequency.

by OPreply 111/01/2013

Have used Linksys routers for years.Very satisfied.

by OPreply 211/02/2013

by OPreply 311/02/2013

I have Lynksys and I haven't had a lot of problems over the years but the 5 times or so I had to call customer support I swear every time I'm going to switch.

The only way they will help you is to pay $40 to even begin to tell them what's wrong or if it even is a router problem and it always takes them 10 minutes of someone from India asking questions from a script I can't understand to even get to that point. If you try to do off script they just repeat themselves. At least twice it wasn't even a router problem and got back on line without their help but they still charge you the money.

I keep thinking that it is good business for them to not work every once and a while just to charge the fee.

I'm due for a replacement and am looking forward to hearing about alternatives. Are there better ones for different computers?

by OPreply 411/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!