Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Up late with Alec Baldwin tonight.

If you are a fan of "Space Odyssey: 2001," Alec is going to be discussing the film with stars Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood at 10PM EST.

Gary was a fucking stud in the film and Keir was the gorgeous one. Might be worth a look.

by Anonymousreply 1611/02/2013

Keir Dullea, gone tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 111/01/2013

I don't want to see the old hairy Keir.......sads

by Anonymousreply 211/01/2013

Thanks OP! Watching it now. 2001 is one of my favorite films.

by Anonymousreply 311/01/2013

damn, time doesn't stop for any man. too bad, because both of these men were incredibly hot.... still, Keir is a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 411/01/2013

Wasn't Lockwood married to Miss Powers?

by Anonymousreply 511/01/2013

Lockwood was married to Powers for about 6 years. He is 76 and Keir is 77 and I apologize for getting the title of the movie ass backwards. It should be 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Such a classy question to Lockwood: I bet you got laid left and right from that movie...well, not exactly worded that way, but Gary more or less dodged it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 611/01/2013

Wow, that was really interesting. I had no idea that the spaceship we see the animal bone morph into was a nuclear weapon. Very clever.

by Anonymousreply 711/01/2013

R1 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 811/02/2013

So far, Alec's guests have been:

Bill DiBlassio

Debra Winger

Chris Matthews

and now these guys.

Is he trying to bore people to death?

by Anonymousreply 911/02/2013

I was disappointed that I had to hear so much about how awesome Kubrick was and how Alec came face to face with (gasp) Robert De Niro. Too much actory talk about acting and not enough about the film itself.

I wanted to know if the guys were friends before making the film. Did they get along or have disagreements on some days. What was a typical day like on the set. Did the guys hang out with each other after the shoot. They make a lot of appearances together now and seem to be friends.

Gary seemed confused to me. They barely included him in the chat. When they did, he rambled a little too much.

Oh and Alec isn't nicknamed "The Bloviator" for nothing. Shut up and let your guests speak, fer christ's sake.

by Anonymousreply 1011/02/2013

i agree R11 Alec talked about himself waaaay to much. give the guests a chance, Alec!

by Anonymousreply 1111/02/2013

Agree that Alec talks about himself WAY too much; the interview with Debra Winger was fun because she wasn't having any of it and would interrupt him right back.

by Anonymousreply 1211/02/2013

Why did I think Keir was dead?

I've tried to watch, but the show is just too boring.

Still love Alec, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 1311/02/2013

maybe if Alec added some car crashes R14 would find it more interesting. the inside info on 2001 was great. i keep forgetting what a mindblowing movie that was when it first came out.

by Anonymousreply 1411/02/2013

If only someone else would've had Dullea and Lockwood on, I love 2001, I would've watched, but I can't stand Alec Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 1511/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!