Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why is their no Theatre Gossip #125 thread?

Hello?

by Anonymousreply 2811/02/2013

THERE

by Anonymousreply 111/01/2013

There's new theatre to see and talk about. But I think most DLers would rather talk about Mary Martin. Or Sondheim shows from the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 211/01/2013

Or Kathleen C's girlfriend. Or Fucking Follies.

by Anonymousreply 311/01/2013

No one here can afford to go to Betrayal and no one gives a fuck about another Macbeth, or Waiting For Godot, or Mark Rylance in drag, or a piece of shit like Big Fish, or an unfunny Gentleman's Guide, or another Janis Joplin concert, or another Les Miz, or an overly praised Glass Menagerie, or when Spiderman is gonna close. But After Midnight is The Bomb!

by Anonymousreply 411/01/2013

Not with Fantasia R4, consequently AFTER MIDNIGHT is considered very downmarket, even with Wynton Marsalis' participation.

by Anonymousreply 511/01/2013

Maybe this has already become Theatre Gossip #125. Let's go, girls. Do you think Fantasia reads DL? Do you think she reads at all?

by Anonymousreply 611/02/2013

Let's make this the anti-TG thread.

No Sondheim.

No discussion of anything more than a decade old.

No ATC crap.

by Anonymousreply 711/02/2013

Gee, who will star in the 2018 revival of Legally Blonde? Let's cast it!

by Anonymousreply 811/02/2013

The problem with theater is people like R4. Real theater doesn't happen on Broadway anymore. It's all off and off-off and regional.

by Anonymousreply 911/02/2013

Still not a peep about Macbeth or Blythe and SJP's Pensacola? Theater is dead.

by Anonymousreply 1011/02/2013

R10, someone reviewed Pensacola in the last thread and essentially said it was dismal.

I am seeing Macbeth later this month.

No offense to the very clever and creative OP(s?) of the last hundred + threads, but I am VERY grateful for this OP's very minimalist production.

Sometimes you just need a change and enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 1111/02/2013

Because one can only talk so much about unoriginal, overpriced dreck that is the languishing, soon to be dead art form called theatre.

by Anonymousreply 1211/02/2013

Dead, perhaps, on the Great White Way but theater as a form will survive for as long as humans need to tell stories. In the wake of some worldwide catastrophe that rendered our technologies obsolete, people would be huddling round the hearth and reenacting their experience within minutes.

by Anonymousreply 1311/02/2013

Surely there must be lots of regional dinner theatre gossip.

by Anonymousreply 1411/02/2013

Jan McArt, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 1511/02/2013

My, this is a mild thread. Where are all the dishqueens? Where's the distaste for the more insufferable showoffs of ATC and others' angry demands that ATC not be mentioned? What happened to the jokes about various Broadway luminaries, the speculation about chorus boys' dating habits? I have the feeling that without an OP observing the formality of the opening square filled with puns and esoteric references no one on this board gets motivated.

Please, people! Let's get with it!

by Anonymousreply 1611/02/2013

Even NY1 Onstage seemed oddly lifeless today.

Has anyone seen Joplin.

by Anonymousreply 1711/02/2013

Joplin is just a perfect example of what's wrong with Broadway! Night club, concert, Las Vegas = fine. But the Lyceum, once home to Born Yesterday, deserves a play, not a fucking impersonators' revue. And look what else is about to happen: After Midnight, with the minimally challenged Tasia. None of that is theater: it's just lazy slacker producing. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 1811/02/2013

It takes too long to wade through all the ATC dross to find anything worth reporting or even making fun of. Does anyone care if Betrayal starts on time or not? After all, it's only 90 minutes of star battles, and the elderlies need to pee first in order to make it through the turgid evening. Why not hold the curtain a few extra minutes so they can widdle.

by Anonymousreply 1911/02/2013

These threads are the PHANTOM or CHICAGO of Datalounge. All three of them need to be put outta their misery.

by Anonymousreply 2011/02/2013

It is hard to dish unworthy dismal product and that's why Theatre Gossip threads are so boring.

by Anonymousreply 2111/02/2013

What's become of the James Franco Of Mice and Men? Is it really happening this spring?

by Anonymousreply 2211/02/2013

Here it is, and remember to use this one and not start another one, because that would create a singularity and we'll all be sucked into a black hole of eternal emptiness.

by Anonymousreply 2311/02/2013

This thread is fine, but thanks.

by Anonymousreply 2411/02/2013

I'm sticking with this thread. Just saw "Nothing to Hide" this afternoon. Absolutely wonderful. So skillful and NPH's direction is very good. I highly recommend it. Best 70 minutes of card ticks show ever.

by Anonymousreply 2511/02/2013

This thread sucks. The other one is better. This OP is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2611/02/2013

Isn't Tasia homophobic? How can she survive on Broadway?

by Anonymousreply 2711/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.