Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Thor 2 and Beyond What's Next for Hiddleston & Hemsworth?

Tom Hiddleston & Chris Hemsworth are getting a lot of attention for Thor 2. Like it or not, both of them (especially TH) are closely identified with the Disney/Marvel franchise. Hiddleston has garnered a lot of attention as Loki but so far it hasn't helped him to win A-list roles. Hemsworth is getting lots of work but most of his movies outside of Thor and the Avengers are not commercial successes. CH can look forward to a fat paycheck with Avengers 2. But do these two have the acting chops to succeed beyond Disney/Marvel

by Anonymousreply 60011/10/2013

Hiddles might up doing better than me after all.

by Anonymousreply 111/01/2013

*end up doing better

by Anonymousreply 211/01/2013

Thanks for the new thread X

by Anonymousreply 311/01/2013

Nice thread!

by Anonymousreply 411/01/2013

TH is in a tough spot. He should have been bagging A-list roles two years ago. Thor 2 is getting fair to middling reviews, but at least people are noticing that he is one of the bright spots.

Coriolanus is coming up, but he MUST hit that out of the park and have a solid lead A-list role following quickly on its heels, or he will soon learn how quickly this kind of buzz can fade.

He works very hard, has some extremely charming moments, but he still has not proven that he really has the acting chops for bigger and better things.

by Anonymousreply 611/01/2013

Alan Carr was decent, but he needs to stop with the impressions. He kept throwing them into the conversation when they didn't need to be there. Obviously he thought the dancing went down so well in Korea he had to do it over in the UK and make sure everyone got a good look (with added pelvic thrusting).

And James Corden needs to not talk. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 711/01/2013

R7 Yes, he did OK, but Alan Carr is such fun, how could you mess that up? He seemed a bit lost, though. When he isn't the center of attention- he does not like that one bit. The dancing needs to stop- effective immediately.

And I call TOTAL bs on the whole "I don't google myself." Yeah. Right.

Did his cut glass accent change a bit more- peasant...or was that my imagination?

by Anonymousreply 811/01/2013

Seems the fan girls are hyperventilating over a tweet and this interview. The tweet claims Jaime Alexander confirmed Thor 3? No clue.

by Anonymousreply 911/01/2013

LOL. My my someone is having a hormonal breakdown. Did I say one disparaging thing towards the fan girls? I think you are over reacting a bit. And love, I am not female. Oh, maybe you are not either. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Take a breather and go get some Loki.

by Anonymousreply 1111/01/2013

Answer your own question. It seems to me if anyone says something that the 'regulars' don't agree with, there is always some unpleasant person waiting to attack. Tsk Tsk. Is it slumming hanging in DL now? Oh goody! My point was, before the tirade , is anyone aware of these claims made on Twitter, supposedly by J Alexander that there will be a Thor 3? I thought she was leaving for DC and WW.

by Anonymousreply 1311/01/2013

My my. Someone forgot their happy pills today.

by Anonymousreply 1511/02/2013

R5 I agree that TH panders but he's no fool, although his behavior is sometimes foolish.

Despite his antics, Hiddleston has real talent, IMO and he does work hard at his craft. At the time he signed on for Thor back in 2010, he had no idea of what he was getting into; it was just a job. I do believe that he was more surprised than anyone at the reception he received as Loki.

Cumberbatch does nothing for me. Acting is a fickle profession. Cumberbatch can be the "It" guy for a couple of years and then fall out of favor. Hiddleston could disappear for a couple of years after Thor 2 but suddenly strike it big in another role, you never know.

R6 I'm with you: Hiddleston needs a big win with Coriolanus to help him win a truly good part and not another lead in an indie flick that only three people will see. In his favor is the fact that producers and directors know that he shows up, knows his lines and is willing to go the extra mile to promote their films. He also seems to be well liked by his peers -- especially Hemsworth. That bromance is real.

by Anonymousreply 1711/02/2013

R9, R13 & R16 I'm aware of Jaimie Alexander's statements about Thor 3. Natalie Portman also mentioned that Disney/Marvel would be making Thor 3 over a month ago and Chris Hemsworth and Kevin Feige also alluded to it more recently. I think it will happen UNLESS Thor 2 TDW absolutely bombs in the next two weeks.

Marvel is pulling out all the stops to make sure that doesn't happen. They've already got tie-ins so that the events from Thor 2 spill over into the TV series Agents of SHIELD, not to mention Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I appreciate that CH and TH don't want to be typecast as Thor and Loki, but let's face it: it's the biggest thing both have done. Where would their careers be without Marvel?

by Anonymousreply 1811/02/2013

Wow, a whole thread about comic book character movie actors. This is why I paid $18.

by Anonymousreply 2011/02/2013

It might just the fabric but in the first photo it looks like he's wet himself

by Anonymousreply 2111/02/2013

Why are we already writing here before the other thread is maxed out? For once that a thread doesn't get blocked it's a bit of a waste.

R19 Could it be the opposite. The singing, dancing and impressions are the real him, the rest is his PR team telling that what's asked of him by the industry.Lawrence Fox in his interview said as much, that to get roles in LA you need to do the brown nosing.

by Anonymousreply 2211/02/2013

R22 You took the words right off my keyboard. I think the impressions, singing and frenetic, flailing dancing IS the real Hiddleston. He loves to perform and is always on. At this point he doesn't wait to be asked, he just does it!

by Anonymousreply 2311/02/2013

R8: Yes, his accent changed. I liked it. He looked very lost though next to Tinie Tempah (who is freaking fit, I noticed) and out of his comfort zone. He gave it a good go though and came across well. He also swore. I like slightly less posh Tom.

His team. Hmm. Make up artist absolutely has to go. He needs to change agents and I would suggest, knock his ambitions down a touch and rebuild. Perhaps more stage work, then build back up to films. He needs to do something completely different - anything but a brooding bad boy or a posh chap. Something like Snatch or Lock Stock - something completely different and he needs to nail it. He needs to stop talking so much, he needs proper media training, I'd say. He needs to come across as more human.

He IS talented, and passionate and I believe a genuine, good hearted guy (albeit a bit of a shagger) and I wish him well. He has longevity, but just needs a few adjustments. He needs to also stop giving a sparkly shit about what the fangirls think and just do what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 2411/02/2013

Thor 2 is at 84 % on Rotten Tomatoes. I'd say that's pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 2511/02/2013

The thing with TH it's one extreme to another. He can't just do regular normal. I agree he needs proper media training and needs to Ditch Luke as a promo guy. The annoying thing about TH is that he's a good actor but just does and says stupid things when he should no better. He's a bright man with talent but this crap annoys me. Hence the harsh words. This is probably due to getting his own way all the time, almost certainly he was the spoiled child that had to get the most attention. Someone needs to talk to him and bring his ego down too

by Anonymousreply 2611/02/2013

R8 and R24 in which point did he change his accent? So I know what to listen for when I watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 2711/02/2013

R25 Thor1 received the same at first, even higher in fact, now it has a 77% with an average of 6.7/10, the same will happen to Thor2.

by Anonymousreply 2811/02/2013

I'm actually planning to sit down this weekend and watch "The Hollow Crown," specifically to see what Hiddleston does with the role of Henry V. I refuse to sit through a Thor movie, even if Kenneth Branagh did direct it.

by Anonymousreply 2911/02/2013

R27: it was briefly but when e was with TT and JC I think. It was brief.

by Anonymousreply 3011/02/2013

Make sure you watch the the first one, Richard II with Ben Whishaw. He knocks Hiddleston out of the park. To give Tom some credit, he probably has the harder task since he is carrying three out of four plays by himself.

by Anonymousreply 3111/02/2013

Tom does a better job at Henry than Ken but I feel that he still needed the support of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 3211/02/2013

The link to The Chatty Show via youtube. I hope.

by Anonymousreply 3311/02/2013

R31 I saw the Hollow Crown and Ben Whishaw was amazing as Richard II aka "the Skippy King" as Jeremy Irons' Henry IV referred to him.

Prince Hal and Henry V are two entirely different characters. As good as Whishaw is, he lacks the physicality to carry off Henry V's warrior King. Hiddleston did a fine job as both Prince Hal and Henry V. My point: Hiddleston does have acting chops.

by Anonymousreply 3411/02/2013

R34: agreed

by Anonymousreply 3511/02/2013

Agree, I don't think Whishaw could pull off Henry V. He's fantastic but very slight.

by Anonymousreply 3611/02/2013

He can act but he doesn't know how to handle himself in front of the media and industry people. I'm sure that's why he doesn't get the roles. He's acts to eager and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 3711/02/2013

That doesn't make much sense, saying that he can act but he does badly with the media and that's why he doesn't get the roles. Many actors are terrible at promoting their own movies, they look bored or uninterested in the promotional part of the job, also don't have a fanbase or are particularly loved by people, but still get offers. If anything, the fact that people loves TH and the fact that he very active during promotional tour and interviews is a good thing as far as media are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 3811/02/2013

I thought Hiddleston made a great Hal - the role has a lot of support from the rest of the cast. He was less good as Henry, when required to carry more. But I thought Whishaw was by far superior.

by Anonymousreply 3911/02/2013

Yes I have to say its beyond me as to why he doesn't get more roles. He did say once that his agent runs a lot past him but that he only picks projects that interest him. Maybe that's it, he's just too picky. I'll brace myself for a good flaming now for that last comment...

by Anonymousreply 4011/02/2013

R40 maybe he is picky, or maybe they offer him roles that aren't objectively interesting. It might be that casting people find him suitable only for certain roles and he doesn't agree with it.

by Anonymousreply 4111/02/2013

So far so good. Unless it all goes away in the following days, I guess in 3 year we will probably have a Thor3.

by Anonymousreply 4211/02/2013

At this year’s Comikaze Expo, Lady Sif herself, Jaimie Alexander, moderated the AMC panel discussion “Movie Talk” and revealed that she has met with Warner Bros. regarding a possible superhero roles, while also stating that she felt Ben Affleck would be great for this interpretation of Batman because she knew a little about the story of Zack Snyder's sequel. Now this caused the internet to immediately put two and two together and get "Jaimie Alexander is up for a role in Batman Vs Superman!" But of course that may not be the case at all -- and the further suggestion that this role could be Wonder Woman is even more speculative. But, as with all of these things, you just never know! Forbes' Mark Hughes caught up with Alexander after the panel and asked her about these revelations, and whether she was in fact referring to Princess Diana. Here's a chunk of his report.

Alexander laughed slyly, saying, “I would love for DC to put Wonder Woman in one of their upcoming flicks, either in her own movie or Batman vs. Superman, or just something even to introduce her.” Getting more to the point regarding her earlier comments, Alexander explained carefully, “Being in the comic book world, we know a lot of the same people at DC and Marvel, so we hear a lot of things, but it’s all speculation right now. But I would absolutely love that [Wonder Woman appearing in one of the upcoming films]. Thankfully and gratefully, I’m appreciative to the people who ask my opinion of the character, and that’s been pretty amazing.”

by Anonymousreply 4411/02/2013

I wish Tom would actually get a lucky break or first choice on a new role sometime next year. Maybe then he wouldn't have to resort to the idiocy that is his singing, dancing, and name-dropping.

by Anonymousreply 4611/03/2013

For whatever reason, right now Hiddleston reminds me of Joan Collins. For years, people referred to Collins as the "poor man's Elizabeth Taylor." She got the roles that other people turned down and ended up in a lot of B movies before hitting it big as Alexis Carrington in Dynasty.

Right now, Hiddleston is being eclipsed by Cumberbatch, Hardy et al but it only takes one or two of the right roles for that to change.

by Anonymousreply 4711/03/2013

We are missing what is right in front of our eyes. TH is auditioning for Dancing with the Stars.

by Anonymousreply 4811/03/2013

Okay, I watched "Hollow Crown" and I think Tom Hiddleston is the best Prince Hal/Henry V I've seen to date.

-You mean better than Olivier?

-Yes, I fucking well do.

-Better than Branagh?

-Well, not by a lot, but I liked it better, yeah.

As far as the Hiddles/Cumberbatch comparison goes, yeah, they're both tall, gray-eyed, red-haired English actors of roughly the same generation who to a certain extent could be cast in similar roles, but I don't see some kind of Joan-Bette rivalry taking place between them.

The only thing I've seen them in together (and it may be the only thing they've done together, but I'm too lazy to research it) is their brief scenes together in "War Horse." I thought it was extremely weird that they had Cumberbatch wear that unflattering moustache and talk in that uncharacteristically fake Colonel Blimp voice (usually Ben is more naturalistic, like Hiddles.) My guess is that when they got the actors together on the set, they realized that even though Hiddles is several years younger than Cumberbatch, he registers on camera as being older (that raddled, wraithlike face and form), so they stuck that hideous moustache on Cumberbatch and he improvised a sort of last-ditch community theater "old pompous guy" act.

by Anonymousreply 4911/03/2013

I just watched that segment, and YES he has changed his accent to sound a bit less posh!

He REALLY wants to play down his background. I think he is figuring out just how much it works against him. But who does he think this will fool?

Rotten Tomatoes are currently in the low eighties. I have no idea whether that is good bad or middling. The reviews are very mixed. Even the positive ones are calling it a typical written by committee Marvel money machine with a mediocre script.

None of this will stop it from banking. It has nothing to do with the quality of the film. Marvel's marketing machine, all of the tie-ins and products, and all of the deliberately low-balled predictions are entirely about making sure that this exceeds "expectations". They are not taking any chances.

TH is a firm part of that corporate machine. Honestly, I don't think of him as an actor at all anymore. He is reaching for his slice of the pie, and it has nothing to do with the craft of acting.

by Anonymousreply 5011/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 5111/03/2013

I'll have to watch the Carr interview again to check the accent! I haven't noticed him doing that before.

He does try and blend in with interviewers sometimes. Remember when he used to rap Will Smith every time the interviewer was black?

Thor was never going to bomb, but it's never going to win him any major kudos unless he can get away from the Marvel train, and I don't think he wants to.

by Anonymousreply 5211/03/2013

BC had to work really hard at getting the lead roles in big films. He's for years been taking very small roles in films for years.i don't know why TH and his stans expect him to get major film roles straight away. He needs small parts In big films and work his way up. Oh yes stop bloody singing! He can't sing

by Anonymousreply 5411/04/2013

Hemsworth is doing Avengers 2 and 3. Hiddles may do some cameos in Marvel movies, but within the next 2 years he will overstate his welcome with his creepy antics. He will go back to TV and independent work after that. Hemsworth will cash in on his momentary fame, but he is not charismatic and also not a really interesting actor.

by Anonymousreply 5511/04/2013

[quote]The general view is that his brown nosing and sucking up has gone too far that people in the industry and some fans are beginning to get fed up with it.

No, R19, that's just you. You are getting fed up with it. A smattering of comic book fans may be tiring of it but no one in the industry is batting an eye.

by Anonymousreply 5711/04/2013

It's a given fact that people who are from an old money background don't like to talk about their wealth and privileges. TH has been trained from birth not to do this

by Anonymousreply 5811/04/2013

This is reposted from R597 at the very end of the last thread.

Some idiot wrote:

[quote] R553, Thank you, and I agree with R554 that a thread that won't upset our hosts would be really a nice change. I would really be nice if we could have a discussion that holds back a bit on the only-interesting-to-fangirls stuff if you know what I mean. :-)

To which I replied:

[quote]Who are you people? Where did you come from? How did you find this website? Why are you here on the Datalounge, a group founded by and for gay men? Are you gay men?

[quote]Seriously - what the fuck?

One person, blessedly unaffiliated with you people, answered my questions. I want answers from YOU.

Well? t

by Anonymousreply 5911/04/2013

And the reply:

[quote]They're fangirls who don't like to be labeled as such and so do their fangirl business away from the usual fangirl haunts, thinking it makes their stalking less fangirly.

[quote]They invade a gay site to discuss things like 'privilege' and 'elitism' with absolutely no irony or self-awareness whatsoever.

[quote]Self loathers, stalkers, hypocrites, and delusional old women. In a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 6011/04/2013

Erm, no. This isn't the place for going on the attack over one persons comment and not is it gracious behaviour to start a war of words with the regulars. That's the quickest way to get every TH thread shut immediately. Behave.

I saw Thor 2 this weekend. Tom was excellent in it and really did steal the show. Concede the point about not being picky but I think he will do well. Just a shame there is such a lack of tea on the boy.

by Anonymousreply 6111/04/2013

Didn't Hiddleston already try in LA? He didn't get anywhere and then Marvel dropped him for reasons unknown (unless I'm wrong, I heard he was originally supposed to be in Avengers 2, not as the main villain, but got cut). I think he's got talent but a shit team.

Not sure I'd compare Cumberbatch and Hiddleston, different career paths now. Cumberbatch is aiming for a high-profile character actor path. Hiddleston is trying to establish himself as a more traditional leading man.

As for Thor 2, the reviews are pretty mixed like they were for the first one. Thor 1 did way better overseas than in the US and needs to do better here (same for the second Captain America) because of the higher budgets.

I know Feige said that while they know where Thor 3 would go, they'd "have to see how this one does" before greenlighting it and seemed meh at the idea of a Loki-centric movie.

by Anonymousreply 6211/04/2013

TTDW is doing quite well so far overseas isn't it? Plus I'm not sure it's opened yet in China etc? I think this will open doors for him, he was great in it and it was his movie, I'd say.

by Anonymousreply 6311/04/2013

He was not cut. It was never the plan to use him again as the villain since that would just be respective. The story does have to move along and it is not all about Loki. I think this made news only because of all the silly fans and their petitions.

He did strike out in LA. Three years have gone by, and he is not in demand. This may have a lot to do with his decision to switch to a very large agency and a new PR firm right after Thor 1. Still after this year of working so hard for Disney, it would be surprising if they did not reward him somehow. Let's hope it's not yet more Pixie Hollow.

by Anonymousreply 6411/04/2013

I saw TTDW saturday night, I am a huge Marvel fan but it made me wish if would flop. It was that bad. The movie is too short. It's all over the place. These things happen it's a movie it's hard shooting a movie we get it but there is NO story line AT ALL.

Who is this Malekith really and why is he doing what he's doing?

Why did Jane have to get involved?

Why does Thor love this whiny cunt that sums up Disney's thoughts about and expectations from women?

Why didn't they bother to make Odin a sensible human being, he's the allfather after all? And what the fuck happened to him at the end, is he odinsleeping again?

Nobody cared about Frigga once the funeral was over except for Loki and when poor Loki died because of Thor they left his body in the barren wasteland of fucking Svartalfheim (THANKS THOR) and cut to a funny scene right after it? WTF.

Tom Hiddleston saves the movie, him & Kat Dennings carry the entire weight except for one or two scenes but Hiddleston's lines are impossibly bad and you can actually feel his disappointment and how hard he's trying to make them sound relatively interesting. I felt for the guy, I loved him in the first movie as a sort of Prince Harry of Asgard. He was the best of the best in Avengers. And from the way this movie was promoted I expected much more Loki but he in it for about 10 minutes.

The movie in general is not better or worse than the first one, they are completely different genres but in the first one there was solid character development and script where in this one Thor talks you through all the action scenes and you see the final one bit of everything. The film needed an entire new script which is why they brought Joss Whedon on board, for doctoring. The original scriptwriter will not be getting another job soon. That's how bad it was.

by Anonymousreply 6811/04/2013

I'm SWF but I enjoy bitchy threads about any British actors wherever they may be found. I don't say much/often but I do read.

I get why these threads keep getting shut down and it's fair enough. But may I play anyway?!

by Anonymousreply 6911/04/2013

R67 trite

by Anonymousreply 7011/04/2013

If this is what acting is about nowadays I can see why people are so reluctant to spend money for cinema and dvds.

by Anonymousreply 7111/04/2013

Hiddleston claiming he gained 20 lbs. worth of muscle for a Thor screen test is pure bullshit. He might've gained 20 lbs. but to claim it was pure muscle is nonsense. It would've taken him at least 8 months of worth of training to do that.

by Anonymousreply 7211/04/2013

R71 That what Hiddleston is all about.

by Anonymousreply 7311/04/2013

R73 I could understand if a media were to follow all of the cast around for the première and publish it, fine. But specifically for one actor and done by said actor it's a bit...what he's going take picture of? His fans asking him to kiss their hands?

by Anonymousreply 7411/04/2013

He's going to be in Chelsea Lately tonight. And we all know Chelsea isn't a sweetiepie. Wonder what she'll do to him

by Anonymousreply 7511/04/2013

Maybe how much bronze his make-up artist uses to make him look orange.

by Anonymousreply 7611/04/2013

[quote] A week ahead of its U.S. debut, Thor: The Dark World opened to $109.4 million from 36 foreign markets this weekend. That represents 70 percent of the international marketplace, and doesn't include major territories China, Japan, and Italy.

Thor 2's biggest markets were the U.K. ($13.4 million), France ($9.4 million), Mexico ($8.2 million), Brazil ($8.1 million), Germany ($7.9 million), Russia ($7.8 million), South Korea ($7.6 million) and Australia ($6.9 million). Across those eight markets, Thor 2 was up on average around 27 percent from the first Thor. This was also a little over half as much as Iron Man 3, which is the first of the Avengers follow-ups. This data suggests that Thor: The Dark World isn't going to be able to make it to $500 million overseas.

by Anonymousreply 7711/04/2013

I did not care for the first Thor movie. Generic popcorn flick with lame acting from Hemsworth and Portman, who had no chemistry whatsoever. (Who the hell had the stupid idea to cast Portman in a comic book movie, the woman is awfully try hard and extremely annoying in interviews)

Marvel is churning out these movies like on a conveyor belt, and they are getting worse and worse.

I only liked Iron Man and Avengers, the rest was mediocre to awful.

by Anonymousreply 7911/04/2013

R78 Here-s your answer: 42

by Anonymousreply 8011/04/2013

R74 Well, his two favorite words are "I" and "me".

I would expect nothing less from this man.

by Anonymousreply 8111/04/2013

R82 if you don't even get the humour behind R80 answer I suggest you spend more time reading books.

by Anonymousreply 8311/04/2013

Wait.. I've lost track of who is being a belligerent little twat here.. Is it R84? Whatever - grow up the lot of you!

by Anonymousreply 8611/04/2013

I refuse to believe you're actually this stupid.

Once again;

[quote]Why do you think it's necessary to inject yourselves into one of the few gay spaces to talk about a topic which does not belong? Why are you so selfish? Why are you so entitled?

by Anonymousreply 8911/04/2013

I'm SWF and the one who was shouted at upthread a little for daring to point out that being rude to the regulars of a site whose balance one is upsetting is not ok.

I completely agree with the antsy comments here. I get it. I'm in a place that isn't really meant for me but I enjoy the threads - in particular, I like reading bitchy stuff about British actors. I know I'm technically intruding so when the regulars come in and have a moan, I would see the reasonable reaction to accept this and rein it in a bit.

The fury and the outrage at being asked to do just that is exactly what the regulars say it is: rude, ignorant, gatecrashing and entitled.

by Anonymousreply 9411/04/2013

This board is anon, not everyone on this thread is straight and/or female.

I find it hard to believe in the ten years this board has been around, there has never been a woman or straight person post on here.

by Anonymousreply 9511/04/2013

People like r94 are always welcome here. Actually, people like r94 are always welcome in my actual house.

by Anonymousreply 9611/04/2013

In Micheal Mann movie CH isn't playing a role based on his looks and the new one by Ron Howard should also be interesting. Yes compared TH after Thor CH did a couple of not so good movies but now he's asked for much better roles. On the other hand, TH after Thor had supporting roles in major movies and indies. But while he receives praises for his acting from what he said he isn't a first choice for roles. It's a bit strange.

by Anonymousreply 10011/04/2013

TH&CH arm wrestling with a German journalist. This was so fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 10111/04/2013

The only people who care about Hiddleston are internet fangirls. He's going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 10311/04/2013

TH started to post on yahoomovie instagram.

by Anonymousreply 11111/04/2013

Actually, I thought he would have been a good choice for Eric Draven in The Crow. Physically, he seems to transform to that look quite well.

I just don't think anyone in Hollywood thought he could carry the pictures as a lead. It's a different game than it was in Brandon Lee's day.

by Anonymousreply 11211/04/2013

His Instagram thing is already going the way I thought it would. All about him and not some actual behind the scenes tea like CH in his underpants

by Anonymousreply 11411/04/2013

Hemsworth's acting has improved since Thor but he's mainly gotten roles based on his looks. He did get good reviews for "Rush" but unfortunately it's been something of a commercial flop. Unfortunately, for CH his best look is when he's bulked up as Thor, LOL! When he loses the muscle, he's good looking in an ordinary way (as in not drop dead gorgeous)but nothing special.

Hiddleston is the better actor but his tall, extremely thin physique and angular face are better suited to either leading roles in theatre or TV or character roles in movies. I do think TH has a quirky chemistry/appeal and could do very well in the right parts.

At this point though neither of them has the appeal of a Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Johnny Depp or the acting chops and charisma of RDJ or Fassbender. Acting is a tricky, fickle profession though. Before Iron Man, everyone had written RDJ off because of his drug problems. Now Disney/Marvel are paying him $50M plus a percentage of the gross. So while it's a long shot, CH and TH could get lucky and score big down the road -- or not.

R105 I'm guessing TH will score a 5 on the orange scale at tonight's Thor 2 premier.

by Anonymousreply 11611/04/2013

Is he due to attend another premiere then? I thought he'd be knee-deep in rehearsals for Coriolanus by now. The man is going to be worn out.

by Anonymousreply 11711/04/2013

I think this is the last premiere isn't it? Or the last he'll attend. It's good in a way that he is in the US, hopefully he is having other meetings etc and networking. I'm sure that from now on he'll be knee deep in Coriolanus till Feb.

by Anonymousreply 11811/04/2013

Why doesn't he use his own account? He'd become like 'selfie' man on Instagram but a famous version. I'm going for 4 selfies. He's quite slow sometimes plus he's got to brown nose a few people and hook up with a random girl/man

by Anonymousreply 12411/04/2013

So if Peter Mensch met JA's Boyf last night, it couldn't have been Tom if he was in New York? PM is Metallicas manger I believe, incidentally.

by Anonymousreply 14511/05/2013

It could have been TH. It was on 30th.

by Anonymousreply 14811/05/2013

Didn't someone on here post a picture dedicated to JA from a guy?

Anyway, some more humblebragging. I do have an army of amazing fans and supporters all over the world who are great enthusiasts of the work that I do and...

by Anonymousreply 18711/06/2013

Because she's funny and desperate in trying to get his attention. Did anyone see him trying his hardest to cry in an Interview? Itmade me spite my coffee out! I'll try and find the video

by Anonymousreply 19011/06/2013

YOU people are complaining about stans?

Jesus fucking christ. You're Prancing Ponies. It's time to bring in the Webmaster on this shit.

by Anonymousreply 19111/06/2013

"behaviourism", misprint, sorry

by Anonymousreply 19511/06/2013

This is 189 here & sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a prancing pony. I'm a heterosexual female with common sense which it seems a few of these posters lack. Obsessing over every move of a random woman who was seen ONCE with a moderately successful actor is not how I spend my day, thank you. I have a life. Believe it or not, I'm am a TH fan, but I am not disillusioned by him in the slightest. I see how he is & well, he's like most guys his age that are single & have the opportunity to sow some wild oats. I don't see the drama the fangurls see. Doesn't bother me at all. He could show up at a premiere with a girl or a guy on his arm & I'd be more interested in what the movie it about.

by Anonymousreply 19611/06/2013

Interesting article on LaineyGossip site about how much it cost to make Thor 2 ($200M) and the fact that it has a $100M marketing budget. Sooo just to break even it has to rake in $300M. Hence, the reason Marvel has had Hiddleston singing, dancing & shilling for them for the last several months.

The article does not offer any explanation though as to why none of the other actors was willing to do it or pressed into service. It just says that the studio is appreciative of his efforts. We'll see if Disney/Marvel reward him with parts other than the Pixie faerie cartoon movie.

by Anonymousreply 19711/06/2013

TH didn't hide SF so why he'd hide any gf now doesn't make sense to me; I don't buy that he'd do it to keep his fans thinking he's single. Hard to believe JA is still a factor. He's been in LA, surely there's some tea.

Re: Thor2, it was enjoyable but choppy; I was disappointed they didn't use the clip of Loki (I assume) re:Frigga. What they used left me flat.

by Anonymousreply 19811/06/2013

I think JA meant exactly what she said. She likes to work behind the scenes and is not interested in being in a band. Someone asked, she answered. It has nothing to do with TH. Considering that she chose a career that is behind the scenes, I see no reason not to take her entirely at her word that this is what she likes to do.

She is in the entertainment industry, as is TH. They follow a lot of the same things, which is to be expected. They both use Twitter to promote their careers and stay in touch with others in their fields. BIG WHUP. They dated for a bit, and now they aren't. They are both proceeding with their respective lives and it isn't a big deal.

Can you possibly wrap your heads around this idea?

by Anonymousreply 19911/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 20011/06/2013

R193 Elsa was not at any of the premiers.

by Anonymousreply 20111/06/2013

Maybe CH finally wised up? I've read some pretty terrible things about Elsa pre & post marriage to CH on other message boards. Don't know if it's true, but if it is, he's pretty damn stupid to get hooked up with her in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 20211/06/2013

Back again with the video. What does everybody think, is he trying to put on the waterworks or actually in tears?

by Anonymousreply 20311/06/2013

[quote]Jesus fucking christ. You're Prancing Ponies. It's time to bring in the Webmaster on this shit.

Don't start that now!

by Anonymousreply 20411/06/2013

It was a joke. It was a Josh Horowitz interview FFS. The entire community of Tumblr think he was sobbing over never getting to brown nose Marvel bigwigs again.

by Anonymousreply 20511/06/2013

I assumed he was fake crying for a little bit of drama effect but when I've read comments on the video everyone seems to think it's real. He is an actor. He can cry on queue. That's the way I took it to be.

by Anonymousreply 20611/06/2013

BTW, Josh Horowitz has a HUGE man crush on Hiddleston and Jessica Chastain called him out on it during an interview at TIFF

by Anonymousreply 20711/06/2013

Tears are not real – acting, obviously. They staged it with Horowitz: TH did well, but, unfortunately Horowitz failed to “sell” it. TH is very easy with crying when necessary – not all the actors are, some need several takes.

by Anonymousreply 20811/06/2013

OK because people were discussing Mr Arthy, it is most likely her brother who is a punk musician. Also - an avid satanist. Yes! I am not making this up. His facebook fave books list features gems like The Satanic Bible, The Satanic Scriptures, and The Church of Satan.

Weird sense of humor maybe? Or perhaps both bro and sis are a bit wacky? That would explain the twitter stalking. Anyway, you JA trolls needed to be fed, so here you go.

by Anonymousreply 20911/06/2013

R202 He's wised up with someone else on the side.

by Anonymousreply 21011/06/2013

I will say it again. TH is not with JA. In fact both TH and CH are screwing someone else.

by Anonymousreply 21111/06/2013

Why Pataky is not bothering to show up to the Thor Premieres:

I think both she and CH are pissed with Marvel for lowballing them on the money. He negotiated for a raise and didn't get it, and so the missus is not going to go anywhere or do anything that isn't in the contract. He is there because he has to be there.

I really think it is that simple.

by Anonymousreply 21211/06/2013

I knew the tears weren't real but couldn't understand why the hell he was doing it for a second. My initial thoughts were that its finally sunk into his thick head that he can't be Loki forever. Loki will always be his only big role and he knows that once it's gone so has the attention he craves

by Anonymousreply 21311/06/2013

R211 Each other, presumably.

by Anonymousreply 21411/06/2013

R209 Whoo hoo! Link? What is his name?

R211: DO say more! We all want to know who they are screwing.

by Anonymousreply 21511/06/2013

R211: What? The same person? Give us more, you tease...

by Anonymousreply 21611/06/2013

Probably several someone elses!! Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 21711/06/2013

211 tell us more and the person who said TH was BI

by Anonymousreply 21811/06/2013

Wow, those crappy reviews are piling in....

by Anonymousreply 21911/06/2013

R215 I don't feel like advertising this dude and his band here. You can easily find his name on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 22011/06/2013

I thought Pataky was pregnant and was having problems. TH's shagging ways are rubbing off on CH then

by Anonymousreply 22111/06/2013

R216 Yes, they were with the same person.

by Anonymousreply 22211/06/2013

R220, I think you are full of shit, sorry.

I want to hear the tea on who CH and TH are screwing. Make it good, please.

by Anonymousreply 22311/06/2013

Is this real tea or more BS?

by Anonymousreply 22411/06/2013

About JA brother, he exists, and he’s a musician – it is true. I’ve heard it before. I’m not sure what he does for a living but he is not in any way famous.

by Anonymousreply 22511/06/2013

Pataky being pregnant was just a theory someone started as to why she hasn't been attending any of the premieres. Her absence is noteworthy since she apparently likes walking the red carpet.

I don't know anything about their marriage but they just paid nearly $5M to purchase the Malibu home of Crocodile Dundee star Paul Hogan who split with his wife Linda Koslowski after 20+ years.

It would be a hoot if CH & TH hooked up but I doubt it. I keep waiting to hear that TH and Luke Windsor are a couple!

by Anonymousreply 22611/06/2013

Oh come on lazy people, his name is Tony and he is a drummer. Probably the only one on FB with that name.

by Anonymousreply 22711/06/2013

What TH and CH are both screwing Luke?! This is more of a story than what 211 has which is nothing Btw I don't think either TH or CH are screwing Luke so don't sue me

by Anonymousreply 22811/06/2013

What's JA's brother got to do with anything? I can understand the interest in her twitter antics but her brother? Get a grip

by Anonymousreply 22911/06/2013

R222: You can't leave it there - come on... A co-star? A civilian? Who?

by Anonymousreply 23011/06/2013

I don't buy womanizer story. No, I don't think he's a romantic unicorn, for me he's a full shot wimpy

by Anonymousreply 23111/06/2013

TH is "gay-for-roles", why do you think Branagh loved him so much when he was in his twink period?

Highly doubt he would have anything with Luke but maybe he keeps him hopeful...

CH is just boringly straight so I don't care of his relationships.

by Anonymousreply 23211/06/2013

Sorry, but no. It wasn't Luke. They both hooked up with a woman. Its not really that unusual for something like that to happen in this business. With the parties and free flowing alcohol. As for Elsa, as long as CH keeps making movies and stays discrete, she isn't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 23311/06/2013

As in at the same time? Maybe TH isn't as boring as I thought...

by Anonymousreply 23411/06/2013

if he’s 'gay-for-roles' why he hasn’t got any roles lately? Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 23511/06/2013

R229 People were wondering about the mysterious identity of Mr. Arthy, speculating it might be TH. I was just trying to suggest a more likely scenario. Also I thought the satanic element might spice up the otherwise boring non-gossip that surrounds Hiddles camp.

by Anonymousreply 23611/06/2013

And how do you know this, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 23711/06/2013

R233 And let me guess, you found this out from your "friend" who works in the "entertainment business". Or that you're somehow in the biz as well and just so happened to witness it or overhear it. Yeah. Right.

by Anonymousreply 23811/06/2013

R238, please, be gentle. :)

by Anonymousreply 23911/06/2013

R230 She is a civilian. Easier to be more discrete with a non famous person, than someone who could be recognized.

by Anonymousreply 24011/06/2013

So was he topping Branagh or bottoming for him?

by Anonymousreply 24111/06/2013

R239 I didn't say stop ;)

by Anonymousreply 24211/06/2013

R237 I was there

by Anonymousreply 24311/06/2013

In the room while they tag teamed a civilian woman? Was Luke standing next to you with a video camera?

by Anonymousreply 24411/06/2013

We have always the right person in the right place. Better than CNN

by Anonymousreply 24511/06/2013

R243 Spare no details; when, where, who, what, why and how.. You're anonymous here, no one will know besides us other anons. You are safe here. We are deprived of lovely goss on this man.

by Anonymousreply 24611/06/2013

I'm sure if you give them some time to write the rest of their fanfiction they'll be back very soon to spill all the details!

by Anonymousreply 24711/06/2013

Shhhh! Don't scare them off, this always happens!

by Anonymousreply 24811/06/2013

r213, hon, the Thor pictures have been a nice stream of income for Hiddleston and it's always nice to be a movie star, but this is a British actor we're talking about and for British actors there is nothing bigger than doing Shakespeare live onstage. NOTHING. The upcoming Donmar Warehouse production of "Coriolanus" that they're staging specifically as a showcase for Tom, has the potential to be a massive hit as well as solidifying his credentials as a major league player in British theater.

by Anonymousreply 24911/06/2013

I assume a stage career is mainly what he's returning to. He did try and make a go of LA for 3 years and got nowhere.

Image is a mess though. His own fans don't believe him, I'd guess, because he bullshits too much. He's entitled to his private life, imo, but that's kind of the price of constantly telling people what they want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 25011/06/2013

And why not National itself, why tiny Donmar? I mean, if TH is so great and the play has such a potential? I’m asking seriously by the way.

by Anonymousreply 25111/06/2013

Yeah, I just noticed the reviews are getting rough. It's already below Thor 1 on RT.

by Anonymousreply 25211/06/2013

What's next for Hemsworth? Let's see... what producer has a high profile project coming up and feels the need to have some sucky sucky done by an actor that wants to keep working?

by Anonymousreply 25311/06/2013

r237, is this MissThing?

by Anonymousreply 25411/06/2013

Sorry, mean r243.

by Anonymousreply 25511/06/2013

R244 No video cameras or pictures. If you are caught doing something like that you could get blacklisted and never allowed into any of the other parties again.

by Anonymousreply 25611/06/2013

Oh Please. Donmar Warehouse? Sorry but that is second-tier all the way. If he were making it big, it would be West End. It's not.

by Anonymousreply 25711/06/2013

Okay bitches. How many of you are from CB. Raise your hands.

by Anonymousreply 25811/06/2013

Spill it, R243. You have nothing to lose. It was a party, could be anyone coming on here to talk.

by Anonymousreply 25911/06/2013

R256 Which is interesting because there were plenty of photos from the Avengers after party from people working in the business and they still have their jobs from what I can see. And these aren't professional photos. Can you clarify what your business was there and exactly what you saw. Either you saw them banging or you saw them hitting on women at the party and leaving with them. Some clarification would help if you really have it.

by Anonymousreply 26011/06/2013

How do you know they both hooked up with the same woman?

by Anonymousreply 26211/06/2013

R261 Then why spill the details here in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 26311/06/2013

R263 I can't tell you who's party it was or where it was at. I can tell you that these types of parties are not uncommon here in LA. The premiere after parties are actually quite tame compared to the ones given by the actors.

by Anonymousreply 26411/06/2013

R264 That's common knowledge really. But can you give more details on what actually happened with Tom and Chris??

by Anonymousreply 26611/06/2013

Of course you can't tell us, because boo it never happened or maybe it did but you didn't see anything. So tired of well I saw this, and maybe this, but....I can't tell anyone because of xyz reason.

Unless he had his dick in you at this party, you got nothing baby.

by Anonymousreply 26711/06/2013

Yeah, yeah, yeah we know you can't tell us whose party, where, or when, BUT you can say what actually happened in blow by blow detail. And no, I do not believe that you have to withhold this because word will get around. This is an ANONYMOUS site, and ANYONE at the party could log on and spill. So spill already. Unless of course you are just making this up....

by Anonymousreply 26811/06/2013

I was at the party for less then twenty minutes and I went to get another drink and to scan the room. When I turned back around after being handed my drink Tom was standing next to me. He smiled and introduced himself and I said, 'from the Avengers movie, correct?' He grinned again and replied yes. I told him my name and just a second later Chris comes up and smiles and asks Tom to introduce him. I put on my best smile and Tom repeated my name to Chris. I said I knew who he was already. We all walked off with our drinks and talked and flirted off in our own little corner away from the loud bustle of the party going on. After a few more drinks and heavy flirting Tom asked if I would care to accompany him and Chris to one of the empty rooms. Of course I said yes. That was kind of why I was there. So I tried being a bit elusive but I guess I can't really reveal any details without revealing that I was that woman. So if you have any other questions I may be able to answer them unless I feel it would be too specific. I would still like to be able to attend the parties.

by Anonymousreply 26911/06/2013

We don't need to know places or dates or anything incriminating. Just tell us what you saw. In detail.

Was it a threesome?

by Anonymousreply 27011/06/2013

" I can tell you that these types of parties are not uncommon here in LA. "

These parties are common all over the place. You don't even have to give away the city. There are plenty of ways for you to spill without any fallout.... If this actually happened. :-)

by Anonymousreply 27111/06/2013

Any other questions?

by Anonymousreply 27211/06/2013

So did you bang both of them?

Honey, don't worry about being invited back. You will always be invited back if you actually banged them in the back room.

So who went first, was it hot, what was the other one doing at the time?

Any homoeroticism?

by Anonymousreply 27311/06/2013

R274 she said she was trying to avoid admitting that it was her.

by Anonymousreply 27511/06/2013

Okay, well 20 minutes is awfully fast for doing two guys. Did you do them at the same time? At this point, you might as well tell us everything. Unless they both took a lot of girls into that back room, anyone reading this from your party already knows.

by Anonymousreply 27611/06/2013

R273 Yes it was both of them. I have been to these types of parties only a couple of other times. This was the first time I happened to see Tom and Chris at one though. I have hooked up with a couple of other actors before but I have to say that Tom and Chris have been the best ones so far.

by Anonymousreply 27711/06/2013

But why are you even telling us?

by Anonymousreply 27811/06/2013

R269 and/or R277 Are two of you "writing" this?

This is fan fiction from a troll(s). LOL It's not even any good. This was written to get everyone asking questions. Same old stuff here. Some anon writes something "suggestive"- but gives a wide berth on "details" as to "not reveal too much." I guess it passes the time, but we've read this before- from all those "I-know-a-publicist-who-works-in-Belsize-Park-she-knows...oh, I cannot tell you! People would not believe what *I* know about him!!!" When pressed for confirmation- they disappear ("Oh! I cannot tell you! I know all this dirt, but, I am not able to say anything!")

Do not get excited for details- there are none, as this is yet another attempt at getting attention.

by Anonymousreply 27911/06/2013

Tom AND Chris???? gurl you are too lucky to be real

by Anonymousreply 28011/06/2013

R276 I had been at the party for almost twenty minutes when Tom came and first spoke to me. After Chris introduced himself we all found a secluded area to talk more and after about another thirty minutes of that was when Tom asked if I wanted to accompany them to one of the empty rooms. So total it was a little less than an hour till we made it to the empty room. It may seem fast but they were both so hot. I was looking to hook up anyway.

by Anonymousreply 28111/06/2013

Interesting. According to Troll Dar, at least three different people are answering these questions. Hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 28211/06/2013

R278 Sorry I thought someone wanted to know.

by Anonymousreply 28311/06/2013

R282 Its just me. One person. Believe what you want. This is a thread about TH and CH.

by Anonymousreply 28411/06/2013

R284 did you change IP addresses four times over the course of posting in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 28511/06/2013

I hooked up with Tom too!

...see how easy it is to post lies on the internet, kids?

by Anonymousreply 28611/06/2013

Any comparative characteristics of the guys, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 28711/06/2013

So did you take them one at a time, or at the same time? What did the other do while waiting his turn?

Honestly the place where I question your veracity is when you say they were both so "hot."

by Anonymousreply 28811/06/2013

R283 We'd like to know...what your Loki porn Tumblr is called, so we can read the rest of your fictions starring Tom Hiddleston!

I really want to read what you did with him in China. Did he bang you on The Great Wall? Was that why he was running up it? To get to you?

by Anonymousreply 28911/06/2013

R285 everything concerning the details of the party has just been me. One person. If I thought another person was posting something else as a piggyback to what I was discussing I would have said something. Like I said believe what you like. I thought some were interested in what I had experienced. In the end it doesn't matter I guess either way.

by Anonymousreply 29011/06/2013

R290 Personally I'm not gonna jump the gun and doubt you, but did you hide your IP address or change it while posting? It would make sense if you were trying to hide, so can you confirm or deny that?

by Anonymousreply 29111/06/2013

R288 When I said hot, I meant they were ready to go and get down to business. R289 I live in LA.

by Anonymousreply 29211/06/2013

I’m interested in what you’ve experienced but, unfortunately, I can’t get what exactly it was. Would you be so kind to answer R287 and R288, please?

by Anonymousreply 29311/06/2013

R291 Yes, I just don't wish to be tracked down that is all.

by Anonymousreply 29411/06/2013

Did they use protection at least?

by Anonymousreply 29511/06/2013

R294 Tracked down by whom? The villagers with burning torches? Loki's Army? The Hiddlestoners? Jealous Luke Windsor?

by Anonymousreply 29611/06/2013

R293 Both at the same time. Physical differences? Well Tom has more length than girth but Chris has more girth than length.

by Anonymousreply 29711/06/2013

No one is going to track you down. If this happened with you, you can be VERY certain that they do this all the time. Don't worry about the people who assume you are just making it up. Most people will. As you said yourself, it doesn't really matter. Go ahead and lay it on us.

by Anonymousreply 29811/06/2013

Thanks for answering, R297. One more question: who’s more intense?

by Anonymousreply 29911/06/2013

R299 I would definitely say Tom is more intense, plus he tends to be a bit more bossy, has a need for controlling what's going on. Chris tends to go with the flow more. He seems okay with Tom taking more of the lead.

by Anonymousreply 30011/06/2013

Have no interest in this thread other than to say that while bar tending at a screening once at the Writer's Guild I saw another soon-to-be Marvel actor connect and walk out with an obviously willing bimbo in less than five minutes. " want to go?" "Um. Okay." And they left for the limo. Five minutes. Or under.

by Anonymousreply 30111/06/2013

R295 I was wondering the same thing...

by Anonymousreply 30211/06/2013

[quote]Have no interest in this thread other than to say that while bar tending at a screening once at the Writer's Guild I saw another soon-to-be Marvel actor connect and walk out with an obviously willing bimbo in less than five minutes. " want to go?" "Um. Okay." And they left for the limo. Five minutes. Or under.

And, you wouldn't do the same? RIGHT!

by Anonymousreply 30311/06/2013

[quote][R290] Personally I'm not gonna jump the gun and doubt you, but did you hide your IP address or change it while posting? It would make sense if you were trying to hide, so can you confirm or deny that?

Nobody likes a netcop. What, don't have a life?

by Anonymousreply 30411/06/2013

[quote]You can tell us what happened though, otherwise you'll be written off as yet another troll.

I don't know if I should tell more gossip. You guys can be so gullible.

by Anonymousreply 30511/06/2013

[quote]OK because people were discussing Mr Arthy, it is most likely her brother who is a punk musician. Also - an avid satanist. Yes! I am not making this up. His facebook fave books list features gems like The Satanic Bible, The Satanic Scriptures, and The Church of Satan.

Jesus fucking Christ I hope someone takes a fucking restraining order out on you you creep. This is the very depths of inappropriate behaviour. You bitches talking about 'bunny boilers'? This is Exhibit A!

by Anonymousreply 30611/06/2013

Tea for two and two for tea. I will take TH and CH and with me thats three. In a room with a bit of time One in front one behind One cock long one cock thick Oh what the hell dick is dick and Tea is tea. Now off I run to share my fun for all to see.

by Anonymousreply 30711/06/2013

Oh, I must've been in the same party. I too had a threesome with Tom and Chris. I can tell you, Chris likes to be fisted. Yup, I was elbow deep in the hottest Hemsworth. While he was peeing. In Tom's mouth. Tom loves golden showers, I had to give him one too. Not that I'm into that, but I thought what the hell, these guys are famous and I needed to pee anyway (too much champagne). Tom liked to be called "daddy". His dick was as big as you can imagine, and he had a Loki tattoo on his foreskin. You better believe it. He said fangirls love it.

We had fun like this for few hours until I started to feel a bit tired and decided to say goodbye. The last thing I heard was Chris on the phone ordering a high class escort. Tom was wanking next to him, talking something about class tables.

Sorry, I would tell more but I don't want to be recognized.

by Anonymousreply 30811/06/2013

Not hating R303. Unnamed actor seemed like a cool guy. Light speed compared to the time-consuming hoops civilian guys jump through.

by Anonymousreply 30911/06/2013

There is an easy way to verify their story, at least as far as TH is concerned. Is he circumcised or not and what exactly did he "sound" like and "look" like while in the moment... TH is very distinctive with what he sounds and looks like.

If this woman is telling the truth, then good for her but I bet neither of them will remember her name or care later. At least in TH's case. He is more of a "you wanna go?" kind of guy and when done doesn't give it a second thought.

BTW yes TH is single and yes he likes to get with ladies at parties. He isn't seeing JA at all unless it is for a random hookup because no one else was available and he was feeling the need.

by Anonymousreply 31011/06/2013

R310 it sounds like you have an interesting story as well. Care to share?

by Anonymousreply 31111/06/2013

R310 You have first hand knowledge, then...?

If this person comes back and tells us or not, it would still be interesting to read what you have to say.

by Anonymousreply 31211/06/2013

If the CH and TH story is true then she is one classy bitch or what we call it in dear England a bike

by Anonymousreply 31311/07/2013

Here's some info, CB was down till recently.

by Anonymousreply 31411/07/2013

Wow, all of CB fraus were here en masse! Can't believe you wasted most of this thread over these old women fantasies. By the way, the person that called this/these troll by IP, I love you.

For the record, Th left LA right after the première because the day after he was back to Coriolanus rehearsal. If you have the patience to listen to this podcast recorded on the day of the première he says so at the end.

by Anonymousreply 31511/07/2013

TH fans believed he was crying for real? Horowitz wrote that it was fake.

by Anonymousreply 31611/07/2013

R315 I never said it happened at the LA premiere. Please go back and read again. By the way, neither Tom or Chris are circumcised.

by Anonymousreply 31711/07/2013

Busted. Story is a fake.

by Anonymousreply 31811/07/2013

TH can juggle too.

by Anonymousreply 31911/07/2013

R317 And when it should have happened? He was in NY the day before the première, spent all day of the première doing interviews, left the city on that night. Maybe it happened in your head.

by Anonymousreply 32011/07/2013

R317 You said it didn't happen at one of the premiere after parties, but when did happen?

by Anonymousreply 32211/07/2013

R321 You never had anything to say. People that knows how these parties work also knows that the person is supposed to be in town.

by Anonymousreply 32311/07/2013

The story is plausible, the details given so far are incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 32411/07/2013

R323 This is why I'm asking when it happened, as that would at least back up their story.

by Anonymousreply 32511/07/2013

I was referring to physical descriptions being not entirely correct.

by Anonymousreply 32611/07/2013

Yes, very plausible, Hear, hear, TH is now gifted with ubiquity.

And to say that you people consider yourself more intelligent than the tumblr crowd, but here you are believing this stuff. Of course chances are you are the tumblr crowd.

by Anonymousreply 32711/07/2013

R326 So far we've had length v girth, and uncut. Which physical descriptions are you referring to and do you have 1st hand knowledge too?

by Anonymousreply 32811/07/2013

Unsurprisingly, none of you desperate middle aged fraus will ever have first hand knowledge of movie star pinga, r328. Hence the Sahara-like thirst evident in your fangirl threads.

by Anonymousreply 32911/07/2013

I just think it weird that story came from at least two different IP addresses. Someone here obviously knows if the physical description is accurate but I also find it weird anyone would write about such an encounter that would make them clearly identifiable to the parties allegedly involved.

by Anonymousreply 33111/07/2013

What physical description? We all know what Tom and Chris look like, and they're not American so obviously they'd be uncircumcised. It's common sense and you're all still falling for it.

by Anonymousreply 33211/07/2013

This is complete fiction. It never happened. She/he is a troll. Good grief. I am astonished that anyone is still feeding into this fantasy.

Kill topic of anonymous, random threesome at party. It's false.

Is anyone actually going to see Thor this weekend? It unfortunately looks like a hot mess of a movie, not even mindless-summer-blockbuster-popcorn-movie-bad. Just bad.

by Anonymousreply 33311/07/2013

R329 it's a measure of how desperate and empty their sex/love life is that they insist in turning CH into a jerk just to fullfill their own fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 33411/07/2013

Yes many critics are saying that it's a mess, the rate is going down, but not because of the actors involved. If it doesn't do well, then we won't have a Thor3.

by Anonymousreply 33511/07/2013

I've just watched the tvshow with CH and Natalie Portman, it was very funny when Natalie explained she is so short she had to walk a ramp to be near CH face.

by Anonymousreply 33611/07/2013

Oh Ood - glad that's cleared up. The film was good, IMHO as a run of the mill cinema goer, and that's whose opinion and money matters I think, those paying the cash to see it. Not reviewers or critics. I thought it wasn't doing too bad?

by Anonymousreply 33711/07/2013

R337 Here you can get an idea of how it did in the first weekend in countries where it was released. Obviously it's unlikely to do better with time since people are finding out more about the plot and maybe decide to wait for dvd.

by Anonymousreply 33811/07/2013

That nerdist podcast was interesting, I think somebody in the last thread mentioned how it seemed that the dancing and singing was TH real nature. Well during the podcast he says something like now he feels he is allowed to be funny, because the dancing and singing and making people laugh it something he always did since he was a child.

by Anonymousreply 33911/07/2013

I find this tea to be believable-- and completely unsurprising. Tea has been circulating for awhile that TH at least is into anonymous hookups, which he then promptly forgets about. Everything I have heard about him says "skeezy guy."

That this isn't remarkable or even interesting tea is a testament to how common and boring this is in Hollywood. Two actors are doing a wobbly H with a girl in the back room? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. So predictable.

by Anonymousreply 34011/07/2013

It sounds ridiculous though. Not saying it would never happen but the scenario in itself. The last time Tom and Chris were even in LA at the same time before the premiere was the Avengers press tour, so why make the point of not being with JA because this happened if it wasn't even within the last two times Tom and Chris were in LA together? I mean I'd kindly appreciate any clarification from the OP but she's disappeared off the face of the earth now.

by Anonymousreply 34111/07/2013

This is exactly what seems strange to me, R341. Believe it or not, but it was “not dating JA” reference which makes no logic + TH and CH together. As far as I understand, the spiller is also 211 and 222. And last time TH & CH were together in America pre Thor was TIFF in Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 34211/07/2013

What is this?

Lipstickalley, post 730: “I just happened to see a post on tumblr where someone was claiming to have had a threesome with both Tom and Chris Hemsworth. A bit ify, but good lord! Could you just imagine being in the middle of that”.

by Anonymousreply 34411/07/2013

These two threads are nice.

by Anonymousreply 34811/07/2013

That's the problem though, isn't it. Whether the story is true or not, it's now being passed around everywhere as a true story so it'll go in the Hiddleston Logs forever.

People post here mainly because it's anonymous and that can leave this place open to abuse. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 34911/07/2013

R347 this time in LA it's impossible given TH schedule. Last year because CH had Pataki with him, pregnant.

R349 If people read all the thread they find evidence that is fake. If people keep wanting to believe it to be true, whatever, they are just proving their own silliness.

by Anonymousreply 35111/07/2013

I'm gonna be straight up; the story is bull obviously but the mental image is pretty hot. I wouldn't mind being the meat in that sandwich. I'll be in my bunk.

by Anonymousreply 35311/07/2013

Yes, R352, I guess, the ranting one. Here is one more thread, very much similar but "with no names" this time.

by Anonymousreply 35411/07/2013

Good grief but this thread got truly weird. I think someone(s) have just been playing and maybe now, having stirred the shit pot into a froth, went off to lick the spoon.

Why do they make TH and CH or any actor into a stud is beyond me. I mean we all have fantasies, but that is just what it is. Make believe. Maybe these two (TH and CH) are just regular males who have regular sex lives and go about their daily lives like others. Sure they are actors but off screen just normal males. No super sex gods, no threesomes, no endless nights of sex sex sex. Maybe like ORDINARY males, a hook up for the fun of it when feeling horny or lucky. Wait............... OK, I just answered my own musings. LOL

by Anonymousreply 35511/07/2013

I can't believe I'm admitting this. Thank goodness for the anonymity. I read fanfics quite often. There I said it. Haha! Some are pretty entertaining. Some are truly awful. Anywho, quite a while ago I read a TH/BC fic eerily similar to the threesome story someone is attempting to pass off here. That's how I knew from the beginning it was a crock of BS. Nice try, tho. Maybe next time try to change more of the story than one of the leading men? Just a suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 35611/07/2013

I finally sat down last night with a DVD of the first Thor movie just to see what all the fans were talking about. A couple of points:

a) As I suspected, this is not a film for ANYBODY but superhero comic fans. I got tired of it pretty quickly.

b) Chris Hemsworth is a TERRIBLE actor.

c) Hiddleston does his best, but Loki is such a weakly drawn character he's barely one-dimensional. I guess the fangurls are drawn to him (and through Loki to Hiddleston) because of his Twilight Edward black rinse and corpse makeup. As the meme goes, "take a Brit and dye him black." But I like him better in his natural state as a healthy ginger man.

by Anonymousreply 35711/07/2013

I still want R310 to give some more details.

by Anonymousreply 35811/07/2013

TH has started following some choreography twitter accounts which proves my theory that his dance acts aren't on a whim. Has anybody seen the photo of him with his drawing for great Ormande street charity.?Ompa lumpa! I thought of you guys here

by Anonymousreply 35911/07/2013

I forgot the photo! Here's a very orange TH

by Anonymousreply 36011/07/2013

Nothing TH does is spontaneous or whimsical. He is very good at making it look that way, but he is absolutely a calculated act. Don't kid yourself.

by Anonymousreply 36111/07/2013

R359 Benjamin Millepied is Natalie Portman's husband.

by Anonymousreply 36211/07/2013

For pure curiosity after reading some comments on here about him aging rapidly I downloaded a few pics of him from a year or so ago & then a few of the most recent ones in the past few weeks of Thor Dark World promotion & started playing with a photo aging app I have. I was surprised by the results. The older pics all pegged him the right age or a couple years younger. The new ones all pegged in the 47-56 yr old range. Of course, this is by no means scientific, but even it is saying he's aged horribly in the past year & a half.

by Anonymousreply 36311/07/2013

In the new slumber party video with Josh Horowitz he admitted having seen Chris Hemsworth naked...

by Anonymousreply 36411/07/2013

Millepied has been appointed the new director of the Paris Opera Ballet, starting in September 2014, I guess, that’s the reason they move to Paris. Is he THAT big? I don’t think so. I’ve never heard of him pre Portman.

by Anonymousreply 36511/07/2013

I doubt the Paris Opera Ballet would have given him the job if he was incompetent. As for you never hearing of him, do you follow ballet?

by Anonymousreply 36611/07/2013

R364 And probably most of TH's rugby school mate saw him naked.

by Anonymousreply 36711/07/2013

I’m not saying he’s incompetent. As for ballet, I’m not a complete nerd, obviously. Is he as good as Nikolai Tsiskaridze?

by Anonymousreply 36811/07/2013

His reaction to the FMK question and the sour face, just pretty much proved he isn't into guys. Disappointed to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 36911/07/2013

R368 Oh, it was an honest question, I actually thought you might be a ballet lover and that's why you were wondering. Personally, I've never heard of him as Etoile, but that means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 37011/07/2013

FMK question? Where?

by Anonymousreply 37111/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 37211/07/2013

Wish that threesome story had been true, man that's hot.

I can see Hiddleston taking on two to three girls at a time, but not with another guy. He comes across as someone who couldn't deal with competing with another guy in the bedroom because either the other dude would have a bigger dick or is just better than he is. His ego couldn't take it. His ego couldn't take a threesome with Hemsworth.

by Anonymousreply 37311/07/2013

R370, I definitely wanted to know because of his appointment and not because of Portman. I love ballet but mostly because I was converted by my friend who graduated from Bolshoi Theatre choreographic school. So, generally I know more about Russian ballet, that’s why I gave a “Tsiskaridze” example, he is divine. And that’s why I asked about Millepied. I’ll try to find more about him. But anyway, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 37411/07/2013

R372 thank you, and yes not at all into guys, absolutely not. Also he absolutely wanted to make it clear how he happened to see CH naked.

by Anonymousreply 37511/07/2013

R374 He read his wikipedia page and after winning some award he worked in the US so maybe that explains it.

by Anonymousreply 37611/07/2013

[r 369]

I've noticed he gets funny often when anyone hints anything non-hetero. It's fine if he's the one doing the joking, but if someone else brings it up, Tom has a sour reaction and IDK, it's not good.

Sour face @ FMK; weird @ that other actor's Reddit answer involving him and Matt Smith; that whole weird "homophobia is over in my generation!" ice cream answer to being told he won a poll voted on by gay fans. Don't think he's gay-friendly, tbh.

by Anonymousreply 37711/07/2013

Agreed. He had a very odd reaction to that FMK question. Almost a repulsion. Maybe he's just not attracted to those particular 3 men, but that weird reaction didn't make him seem gay friendly in the slightest, IMO. I haven't seen his answer to the infamous Cumberbatch reddit AMA answer, so I don't know about that reaction.

by Anonymousreply 37811/07/2013

What was the Reddit/Matt Smith thing, was it the cheekbones thing? What was his reaction?

by Anonymousreply 37911/07/2013

I think he believes he is gay-friendly because "some of his best friends" are gay. But he gets very, very uncomfortable and jumpy whenever the subject comes up.

by Anonymousreply 38011/07/2013

I think he's gay friendly, he just isn't into the diq is all. By the looks on his face when doing the FMK thing, after he said "me??", yes he's into the purse, just not the handle.

Someone on ONTD posted that he recently recognized a friend of her's by her breasts after meeting her a second time. Apparently this friend has an abundance, and he remembered and oogled her. Total frat boy behavior.

by Anonymousreply 38111/07/2013

I think that if he was told to pretend it was Loki doing the FMK game instead of himself, he would have never given that look.

I wonder how he would have reacted to a FMK game with Jane/Darcy/Sif?

by Anonymousreply 38211/07/2013

You could tell he didn't like it, even though he was trying to pass it off as a joke. I wish he would try to act like he was open minded, at least put your classically trained acting skills to some use.

by Anonymousreply 38311/07/2013

[R 379]

Hiddleston wasn't happy with the Reddit thing at all, his face here is really something (it's toward the end I think):

by Anonymousreply 38411/07/2013

Apparently he can easily cry on command, but can't seem to fake a better reaction to the FMK question. Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 38511/07/2013

I remembered when he got caught staring at a woman's but at a question panel event. When she turned round he gave Her a prevy smile. It's interesting that if he wasn't famous he would almost certainly get a slap.

by Anonymousreply 38611/07/2013

[quote] I think he's gay friendly, he just isn't into the diq is all.

Exactly. R383 Pretending to like the idea of being gay when it's convenient has nothing to do with being gay-friendly

by Anonymousreply 38711/07/2013

Can we have a link to that ONTD with the friend? Just went to find it and was presented by a load of rainbow unicorn fangirl rubbish. I don't want to go through all that crap

by Anonymousreply 38811/07/2013

Hiddleston's one of the those people everyone likes at first but then you notice the cracks in the veneer. He wasn't always this fake.

I'm trying to avoid the more fan oriented sites because it's only a matter of time before the backlash kicks in and someone starts digging through past interviews (tbqh he's said and done some questionable shit and contradicts himself a lot, even for an actor).

by Anonymousreply 38911/07/2013

R389 list of the deeds please.

I don't know what's his hair colour anymore.

by Anonymousreply 39011/07/2013

388, scroll down...

by Anonymousreply 39111/07/2013

"Sometimes I get afraid even if I do meet Tom he'd forget about me because I'm a B36 and my friend who did meet him (twice) said he was able to recognize her the 2nd time because she was wearing a low cut cleavage ahoy dress and that's when I weep into my mouse tits"

by Anonymousreply 39211/07/2013

He actually said that to her? Somehow it sounds like a fangirl fantasy the whole site is full of it

by Anonymousreply 39311/07/2013

Apart from the orange in the eBay photo, it looks like he's tried highlights. His natural hair color is probably light brown

by Anonymousreply 39411/07/2013

@[R 389]

Looking for anything specific? I was a pretty big fan so I've read a lot but man I got seriously annoyed with what he became. I also don't want to repeat stuff everyone already knows.

He's complained repeatedly about the 'prejudice' he faces being an actor with a privileged background, despite his fans' bs claims that he's wonderful about class issues. I've linked an excerpt from an interview from last year below as a quick example.

I'll post more later tonight if anyone's interested, I've got to take off for rn.

by Anonymousreply 39511/07/2013

His Wallander hair is the one he was born with, it's very curly and blonde. One of the reasons he looks older is the dye in his hair.

by Anonymousreply 39611/07/2013

Have we considered he could be purposefully trying to look older? Maybe he thought he was losing out on roles because he looked too young, thus the image change.

by Anonymousreply 39711/07/2013

I still think he's too skinny and is calling BS on what he says his weight is

by Anonymousreply 39811/07/2013

TH has probably had his hair colored auditioning for roles.

The FMK game is goofy anyway, but people will make a meal of whatever TH says, so he's not going to win.

by Anonymousreply 39911/07/2013

--r 395

are we talking rumors or stuff we know for sure?

For sure, he makes shit up: claims he read all his Loki fanmail; said Cambridge was 'meritocratic;' just said it's odd for someone from his school (it's unclear if he meant cambrige or eton) to go into acting, opposite of what he's said about both schools in the past. His whole unicef thing was a PR stunt.

by Anonymousreply 40011/07/2013

[r 399]

While I agree about FMK, he’s always been unnecessarily strange about questions involving other men.

by Anonymousreply 40111/07/2013

Truly dreadful reviews rolling in at a rapid pace. Wow. This movie is a dog. Of course Marvel will only care about asses in seats.

PR stunts: they are what TH does best honestly. He is a second rate actor, and I think even he knows that.

by Anonymousreply 40211/07/2013

I say his hair color is strawberry blond. I think he puts a reddish tint in it too. His facial hair is ginger. he's got the freckles and fair skin of a ginger too.

by Anonymousreply 40311/07/2013

[R 402]

Yeah, wow, just looked at its RT page. The first one fared a lot better with the critics.

I'd say it'll be fine money-wise, but I think Feige is looking for Iron Man money given Thor's alleged near $300 mill price tag between production and promo budgets and that's unrealistic.

It's made 140 mill overseas and BOR estimated 95 mill here (Disney's projection is lower, 80 mil) but it would need to keep that pace to turn a good profit.

by Anonymousreply 40411/07/2013

I heard that they expect it to hit 95 million, but deliberately lowballed their estimate to 75 to make sure that it could be called a success. They hope for 100, but now that I see how ridiculous the budget was, surely they want more than that.

One thing is for sure, it is not a critical success. TH does well as Loki, but considering what a two-dimensional role this is, that is not saying much.

by Anonymousreply 40511/08/2013

R402 ITA As long as Thor 2 keeps raking in the $$$ Disney/Marvel could give a hoot about the critics.

They will milk it for all it's worth to squeeze every last penny with DVD/Blu-Ray, Director's cut etc. One thing in Thor 2's favor that it has little competition until Hunger Games Catching Fire is released on November 22nd.

BTW, was Rene Russo at the LA Premiere? All the reviewers said Frigga kicked butt.

by Anonymousreply 40611/08/2013

Yep, that's out of control. No clue why they dropped that much on Thor. BO is estimating 95 million, but they're also citing Twitter mentions as a factor in that figure and I'm not sure how reliable fan activity is with this movie.

Not having competition definitely gives it a good few weeks to make whatever Marvel wants.

by Anonymousreply 40711/08/2013

I think Loki will be TH only major role in Hollywood. He is good as Loki but just seems wooden in other roles. He doesn't have that extra something which BC has

by Anonymousreply 40811/08/2013

It's a movie from comics I doubt they were aiming to make a masterpiece of the cinema, although it could have been better.

R396 Very blonde. I thought he made it brown for Coriolanus, but he started to dye it in July, so maybe he doesn't like his original hair colour. and hairstyle.

R397 How do you look older on purpose? He just aged quickly, likely he wore himself out, add the stress, and there you have it. His sensitive skin did the rest.

by Anonymousreply 40911/08/2013

R409 I believe he dyed it for the additional footage and then just left it that way hence the transition from black to brown, brown to red as it washes out in time.

I love how fangirls insist on him being ginger, do they think their rainbow sharting unicorn prince is above the generic blonde or is it just the fact that gingers are somehow considered underdogs and they can relate to him more if he's ginger? Clearly I don't understand "fandom".

by Anonymousreply 41011/08/2013

Well, in their defense, this looks ginger to me :/

by Anonymousreply 41111/08/2013

R411 clearly that photo is not suitable for hair colour assessment even the black floor looks orange. What is it with this guy and orange!

by Anonymousreply 41211/08/2013

I am sure he will claim it has something to do with his father's humble, working-class Scottish roots.

by Anonymousreply 41311/08/2013

He's not failing to get cast because his hair dye choices are poor.

Why isn't he getting cast? He may not be DDL and he may do a fair bit of scenery chewing, but he is not a bad actor and it's reasonably clear that he turns up on time, will shill to order and doesn't cause any problems with directors or fellow cast members. He is as connected in the UK as it's possible to be.

As noted above, I don't follow TH in particular but I do follow the careers of British (I'm British) actors, and to me, this is the only question of interest about this guy.

Why can't he get cast?

My theory is that to be British in Hollywood means you need a strong USP - something special, be it MAJOR talent or a very strong identity. It's not enough to pretty good but bland - the default casting for those people is from the American pool.

I could be wrong and simply biased as a Brit towards Brit actors - perhaps TH is actually just mediocre. I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 41411/08/2013

R410 Of course, the additional footage for Thor2, forgot that. A blonde Coriolanus would be strange though. Generally when he describes his hair he says blonde so I don't know either why his fans insist on ginger.

R414 In that nerdist podcast at some point they talk about the number of period drama in British TV and TH is asked how many was he in it and after listing them (including the movies TDBS, WH and MIP) TH adds that all he does is period drama, that at the beginning of his career when he had to do a make-up test, the make-up artist told him he had a period drama face and he asked her "why?" That might be it, maybe casting people don't see him as a modern face. Even Crimson Peak will be a Victorian horror movie and OLLA is in a way period drama.

by Anonymousreply 41511/08/2013

fair skin and light freckles, not ginger but strawberry blonde for sure

by Anonymousreply 41611/08/2013

R416 let it go honey.

by Anonymousreply 41711/08/2013

His "fans" comment on his: penis size, cheekbones, dancing skills, blue eyes, ass, height, ability to speak five languages (fluently), his laugh, his smile, his massive charity work (?), his "kindness and perfection." Mostly, what they say about him is that he turns them on sexually. His portrayal of characters is reduced to how he'd tie them up in bed, etc, as that character. What I never hear from them is...he is a good actor. Never. Acting skills do not warrant a mention for It's all about him personally turning them on. He courted this fandom- he's stuck with it. I do not know if he can sustain a career out of this, but he clearly LOVES the attention from the media/fans, who tell him how exceptional he is. Must remind him of his Eton days!

Time will tell if he will be a good supporting ensemble performer, or his ego will not allow anything other than magazine covers/lead roles. But, a diverse, talented actor he is not. I hope he enjoyed his last couple of months being worshipped as Loki. He's done for awhile. I doubt this kind of publicity will come around again for him. He's just not an exceptionally talented actor. We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 41811/08/2013

The period drama thing is a popular misconception about British TV. There really isn't that much - more than the US perhaps, simply because the UK has more "period", but still not *that* much.

Besides, TH isn't in them! His resume is slight and yes, he's been in a couple but he's barely been in British TV at all, compared to his peers. Since Thor, also, my suspicion is that he has turned up his nose at TV roles in favour of chasing film parts (unsuccessfully, mostly).

It may be a patrician thing - most period dramas are about posh people. If he's typecast at all, it'll be class. Perhaps that is the reason for the endless impressions in interviews - he's trying to show casting directors he can do accents/has range.

by Anonymousreply 41911/08/2013

Not fan of him, but the pervy in me likes his snake hips move

by Anonymousreply 42011/08/2013

There are a few people who say he deserves an oscar for playing a monumental character like Loki.

by Anonymousreply 42111/08/2013

On tumblr probably. Maybe he can win a tumblr award if it exists

by Anonymousreply 42211/08/2013

R419 Goodness I listened to that podcast 2 days ago so I don't remember the exact order they discussed things, but yes they were comparing the number of period dramas between US and UK and they were talking about the popularity of Downtown Abbey.

by Anonymousreply 42311/08/2013

R418, I have it from a couple of sources (polyglot Ph.D students who teach languages and have watched interviews in which TH has tackled another language) that he is not, repeat NOT, multilingual. Not by a long shot.

He's pretty good at memorizing some set phrases ahead of time, but that is about it. He has some conversational French, but even that is limited. Fans of course swoon, probably because most of them cannot imagine learning another language.

You want fluent? Check out Viggo Mortensen.

by Anonymousreply 42411/08/2013

R419 You're absolutely right, TH's resume is slim at this point something he's admitted. However, except for one or two interviewers, everyone else who writes about him makes it seem like he's working nonstop. In a way that's true. He has been working nonstop the last three years, but this past year it's been confined to walking the red carpet, publicizing himself and Thor 2.

TWOP did a feature on the "dark career choices" of Thor 2 cast members. When they got to Hiddleston they said: None because "his career wasn't old enough to have made any major mistakes."

In fairness TH did a very good job in War Horse as part of a very good ensemble cast. He was also very good in the Hollow Crown and more than held his own in his scenes with Jeremy Irons. His fellow actors includng the very respected veteran Julie Walters praised him for the sheer amount of lines he had to memorize and deliver in iambic pentameter in playing the lead in three of the four plays.

I get that some people don't like his work. I personally think he's talented and overall the critics seem to like him.

by Anonymousreply 42511/08/2013

R414, I am really interested in this question! Because, as you point out, he has everything one could need by way of connections, even if he isn't a major talent. Roles are pouring in for his fellow actors, but not for him.

The only thing I can think of is that he is just not the right "type" for most of what Hollywood wants to cast. He is not oozing testosterone. He is not drop dead gorgeous. Despite what his fangirls think, he does not have sexual magnetism on screen. He does not have A-List talent. He is perfect for period drama-- effete, slender, delicate features, strong voice, but this comes a dime a dozen if he is not also very, very talented, and at the end of the day, everyone wants BC.

It must be a very, very tough industry.

by Anonymousreply 42611/08/2013

To people that are more expert of US cinema/TV how long do you think it will last this love for UK actors? I remember TH saying that this sudden popularity for UK actors was surely due to the fact that they are cheap and grateful. But at some point I imagine it won't go on forever right?

by Anonymousreply 42711/08/2013

He has been working nonstop: promoting himself, walking the red carpets, strategizing with Luke, doing everything humanly possible to keep his name out there, courting his fans, reading scripts, and auditioning. Don't underestimate the auditioning part, guys-- preparing for them is a huge amount work, and if you want to be cast, you have to be extraordinary.

Actors who are solidly A-List and in demand may very well have more offers handed to them than they know what to do with, and directors competing for their attention, but TH isn't at that level.

What he gets, if he is lucky, are offers to audition. His career has been a long stretch of mostly losing out to better known actors. I am not surprised because I think he is still considered a "type."

by Anonymousreply 42811/08/2013

[quote] When they got to Hiddleston they said: None because "his career wasn't old enough to have made any major mistakes."

If you compare CH's and TH's careers, TH's is longer so that conclusion doesn't make much sense.

by Anonymousreply 42911/08/2013

R429 TH himself has stated that he's "kicked around for a bit." Hemsworth was on the Aussie soap Home and Away and then came to Hollywood where he got cast in lead roles in some clunker B movies like Joss Whedon's "Cabin in the Woods" -- which is what TWOP said was Hemsworth's "dark role" and the remake of "Red Dawn." And then there was Snow White and the Huntsman (less said, the better)

So CH's film resume is a bit longer though less distinguished I would say. CH has had leads in some stinkers while TH has been part of an ensemble cast or a lead role in an indie film like Deep Blue Sea or OLLA which has yet to be released and is another indie film. So it does make sense.

by Anonymousreply 43011/08/2013

I merely looked at their filmography/tv on wikipedia and counted the number of works for films and tv and the total was in slightly in favour of TH. (I didn't consider the "Muppet" and "Capt. Hook" for TH and "Dancing with the stars" for CH. Also I left out the theatre since CH has no theatre career, if you add theatre, TH's career is even longer) So saying TH doesn't have dark career choices because his career isn't long enough doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 43111/08/2013

What do they mean by "dark career choice"? Do they mean what were some of his not so bright moments? TH has plenty, Pixie Hollow being the most recent.

He has had plenty of time to develop his career, but aside from Loki, has not distinguished himself very much. OLLA looks like it will be nice, but TS is the true star in that one.

He hasn't even distinguished himself on stage for that matter. His fans give him so much credit as a Shakespearean actor, but there are many, many actors younger than he is who have done so much more. He hasn't been onstage for three years, and it looks like Coriolanus is going to be a stretch, especially considering how little time he has spent in rehearsal.

Sorry, I am not seeing great things in him. He is certainly the eager bunny for the Marvel machine and should be since that is where his bread is being buttered.

by Anonymousreply 43211/08/2013

Well if you want new material to comment, I suggest you watch the Q&A at Popcorn Taxy.

by Anonymousreply 43311/08/2013

I also want to say that was a nice bit of fan-fiction posted earlier, though highly unbelievable, and not just because of the time factors.

I am no stranger to a certain type of party that often happens in LA (and elsewhere of course). We call them "Those Kinds of Parties," (TKP) or "Teacups". It is the ONLY kind of party where you will ever see a celebrity having a threesome in a backroom.

The etiquette is very exacting:

You may not talk about the party with anyone who is not invited, not even to acknowledge that it exists.

You may not talk about anything that happens in the party in any way shape or form to any outsider.

You may not drop names.

You may not assume that it is okay to contact anyone you met at the party outside of the party unless they explicitly say so.

If you want to bring a guest, the guest has to be approved before you can even tell the guest that the party exists, and you are held responsible for that guest's behavior. And so on.

Oh, and another thing: NO FANS. Celebrities might take a groupie to their hotel room, but there is no way in hell that they will feel safe at a Teacup if there is a fan who will run off and gossip about them. The general rule is invite only those who have as much to lose as everyone else if there is gossip.

These rules exist for one reason: nobody wants to be outed and everyone is careful about their reputation. Everybody likes the idea of celebrities attending, but they won't come if there is even the slightest chance that someone might spread gossip about them.

Everyone also likes to have a lot of pretty girls attending as well, but they too won't come if there is any chance that they will be slut shamed or abused in any way. They too care about their reputations. Any kind of a Hugh Hefner environment will scare away the pretty girls.

Not to go on at too much length, but consent is very important, your presence at the party is not taken as implicit consent, and hosts tend to work hard to manage the proportions of women and men, straight and gay. The upshot is, unless you are part of a couple, it is very hard to get invited if you are a straight man.

So if this story were true, the hosts absolutely would catch wind of it, they would absolutely find out who was the female journalist in that CH/TH sandwich, and that person and anyone who invited her, would be socially crucified.

There are a myriad of other reasons why this story is unbelievable (Neither of these men have time to wank, nevermind get into hot threesomes with total strangers), but that is the one that stands out for me.

by Anonymousreply 43411/08/2013

r434, that is absolutely the most interesting post I've seen on this entire site in a long time.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 43511/08/2013

The other reason it is so unbelievable is that NOBODY is more careful and paranoid about his public image than Tom Hiddleston. (I have a friend in the industry who says everyone knows this, and it has a lot to do with the pressures of working for Disney).

He employs a whole team, not just Luke, to micromanage how his fans think about him. Staged and scripted pajama parties, yes. But anything even remotely kinky is going to stay firmly behind multiple closed doors. No, I don;t know anything specific, just that this is not a man who takes any chances.

I have no trouble believing him to be absolutely deviant, that's my take on him, but I am sure he takes his one nights stands to his place and thinks carefully about hotels. If he goes to their place, I am willing to bet he checks the room out for cameras first. (Celebrities and escorts do that routinely).

by Anonymousreply 43611/08/2013

He was weak in Deep Blue Sea and out-acted by other actors his age in THC. I've seen a lot of his indie (Archipelago, Unrelated, OLLA, etc.) and TV work as well but he's only ever impressed me as Loki.

He's not a bad actor, but there's nothing unique or extraordinary there and the casting directors know it. Even his own fans mainly focus on Loki. Once the Thor promo ends, he'll drop from view again.

by Anonymousreply 43711/08/2013

One day that illusion of an image that TH has built up is going to fall. Probably soon as stans are also starting to see through the cracks. Maybe for once TH should try being himself. He would probably get more roles if he was more genuine and less brown nose people pleasing

by Anonymousreply 43811/08/2013

R436 Maybe that's why a lot of threads here got shut down? I mean I'm actually shocked this one hasn't been only we've basically shot that person's story down, but any of these threads usually get shut down.

Makes sense really. You can't really blame the guy for being careful either, I mean we all see what happens to celebrities who are careless. It's a smart move, albeit suspicious but he's a smart man.

by Anonymousreply 43911/08/2013

He was nice in THC, but he did not hit anything out of the park, and did best when he was helped out by other actors such as Irons. It was a nice opportunity for him, but his performance pales in comparison to Whishaw.

Henry V is one reason why I doubt his ability to carry Coriolanus.

I agree R437 that he was an exceptional Loki, but this is hardly a deeply written character. It's camp all the way, which is what he does best. Flash in the pan, my friends.

by Anonymousreply 44011/08/2013

Oh please, they don't shut down tumblr blogs that post tea but you think they police DL? Get real. Threads can get close for a number of reasons, but one of them isn't TH entourage.

As for him having a team that "micromanage how his fans think about him" I'm officially offended they didn't contact any of us to change our minds, lols.

by Anonymousreply 44111/08/2013

I agree the Tumblr crowd are a whole less worst and the ONTD is quite frankly scary. What's on here is nothing compared to those two. We probably get shut down because e doesn't want to upset the crazy fangirls, even if some of them are borderline psychotic

by Anonymousreply 44211/08/2013

*lot not less

by Anonymousreply 44311/08/2013

Of course, they do not shut down tumblr blogs, but they can contact them. I don’t remember where and when, but I saw a post about some blogger who received letters from stars attorneys.

In THs case I think they won’t contact or shut down anyone – in order not to be that evident (remember, he doesn’t google himself and doesn’t go on tumblr), they’ll try to influence his public in other ways. A good example: his reaction to FMK question – very nice “I’m not gay” stunt. Almost everyone here bought it (see the discussion up thread). I’m not saying he is gay, contrary - I think he's het, but this one was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 44411/08/2013

I don't think they would bother to shut anything down, but they absolutely do notice, and it absolutely does affect how TH promotes himself. Everything he does is scripted and careful and heavily vetted by his (and lately Marvel's) PR teams. He knows what kind of image he wants his fans to have of him. And he really, really wants you to know he is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 44511/08/2013

R434 "So if this story were true, the hosts absolutely would catch wind of it, they would absolutely find out who was the female journalist in that CH/TH sandwich, and that person and anyone who invited her, would be socially crucified."

To clear up one point of confusion, I'm the female journalist & the OP who started this thread. I am NOT the OP who claimed to be part of the CH/TH sandwich, LOL!

I agree with everything else about your post though. These kinds of parties do happen but the hosts and attendees treat it with the secrecy of a CIA operation. And yes, TH is going to carefully micromanage his image if he wants to continue to work for Disney and pander to his Loki fanbase.

R432 "dark career choice" was a play on words referring to Thor 2 The Dark World -- TWOP was just referring to the actors' worst roles. For example, for Rene Russo they cited "Rocky and Bullwinkle"

by Anonymousreply 44611/08/2013

To the journalist. If this story is true as you claimed, how come you never published it? Must of been a big scoop or is it really Bs?

by Anonymousreply 44711/08/2013

Sorry just re read your post. Carry on

by Anonymousreply 44811/08/2013

R439 There's no conspiracy about the threads being shutdown, it happens regularly on this site.

R414 R428 The lack of casting is probably due to his change in agencies from ICM to the much bigger CAA in 2011. He's not a priority at CAA.

by Anonymousreply 44911/08/2013

R448 As a journalist I've been firsthand witness and heard lots of salacious gossip second and third hand. BUT the journalist's code is such that you don't reveal and burn your sources IF you expect them to stay sources. Same goes for off-the-record revelations. It's a different matter if someone tells you something on "deep background." In that case you can publish it without citing/naming the source (and in some cases you need to go to great lengths to disguise the source so they won't get outed). However, it's best to get independent confirmation from multiple sources before publishing.

It's also a lot easier to publish both truths and lies about folks like Lindsay Lohan, Justin Bieber & the Kardashian who are putting themselves out in the public eye than it is about celebs who cultivate pure-as-the-driven snow public images but are the opposite behind closed doors. No one wants to be proven wrong, have to retract the story and then get sued.

There doesn't seem to be much actual proven tea on Hiddles at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 45011/08/2013

Not surprised there's not proven gossip on Hiddleston, he's managed by an army. Very little comes out of his mouth that isn't scripted and he's incredibly careful.

Whoever's prepping him is awful at it though.

by Anonymousreply 45111/08/2013

It just goes to show how big his ego is. He actually thinks he's more famous than what he is. Nobody would give a flying fuck if they read TH had a threesome. Not unless they put a picture of Loki - who he does not resemble in real life - next to the article. Even the. Only the die hard Mavel fan would only have an inkling who he is/was. TH is only famous in the Marvel universe until a new better Loki comes along of course

by Anonymousreply 45211/08/2013

The RT meter is sinking like a rock, and bad reviews are catching up to the good.

I cannot wait for all of this to be over. TH, the Disney machine, and all the fakery that goes with it is becoming very tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 45311/08/2013

or maybe it might be, like somebody posted in a former thread, that he really leads a boring life mainly focused on his work and the occasional fwb.

by Anonymousreply 45411/08/2013

Lainey Gossip

by Anonymousreply 45511/08/2013

"Employee bonuses hinge on the movie making $100 million. That is some sh*tty studio math if ever I saw it. “Hey guys, you’ll all get bonuses if the movie makes $100 million! But we only expect it to make $75 million! Haha, math is fun!”

Nice quote. Am I the only one who wonders if Marvel is hoping that it just misses that mark so as to be able to withhold bonuses? After RDJ, they have worked hard to close up loopholes and keep their money.

by Anonymousreply 45611/08/2013

[R 453]

Not surprised, it's not very good. A villain without a backstory, plot holes all over and meh dialogue. The first one was actually better.

It'll get good reviews from fans of Hemsworth/Hiddleston but not so much from people who aren't blinded by them.

by Anonymousreply 45711/08/2013

I think they want Thor to make around what Iron Man and the Avengers did (over 1 billion) or bust, basically. No reason to keep sinking money into Thor on sequels when you don't need them and can spend that money developing another superhero franchise with less expensive actors.

Marvel is greedy as hell and knows they can boot another superhero with an unknown cast and still make at least 400 mill or so without any contract renegotiation headaches.

by Anonymousreply 45811/08/2013

Based on some articles prior to the movie's release, it seems like there was a lot more backstory and plot development that they cut - for what reason I don't know, since the movie was under the 2 hour mark. For example, I'm remembering reading something about Malekith's wife being killed by Odin's father in the war with Asgard (or something to that effect) which gives a bit more explanation of Malekith's grudge and his actions in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 45911/08/2013

I thought Hemsworth and Hiddleston were both very good in it and the time they were on screen bantering with each other was for me the highlight of the film.

The rest of it though pretty much fell apart. Feeble stuff overall I thought. A rubbish villain (and an entirely wasted Chris Eccleston), a muddled and tedious 'plot' and out-of-control CGI action sequences that seemed to be there to distract the audience from the lack of story, of character, or of anything really. I guess there were one or two good jokes.

The first Thor was better (and much more coherent).

by Anonymousreply 46011/08/2013

So this proves TH does it for the ego boost and attention. He doesn't need that money, he's always had plenty of it and would have even when his movie career ends with Loki. I never for one second believe that all this self promotion and UNICEF work was from the goodness of his own heart or for money. It's for his ego and because I suspect he has a mild form of ADHE.

by Anonymousreply 46111/08/2013

I found Thor 2 enjoyable but not as good as it could have been, mainly for everything that [R460] mentioned. It could have been a lot better without much more work - ie, a hell of a better job at editing. Someone went through that thing with a skill saw. I can't help but suspect that Marvel knows where their huge profits come from - the Avengers and the Iron Man movies - and are a bit more careful about those movies. It just seems that Thor has not been held up to the same standards as Iron Man. To diverge, the trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier looks brilliant. About a week ago I was watching the trailer on YouTube and noticed that it had circa 20 million hits very quickly while the Thor 2 trailer had half that and been out for so much longer (Cap is several months away yet).

by Anonymousreply 46211/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 46311/08/2013

ADHD stupid auto correct

by Anonymousreply 46411/08/2013

I am curious about how important the Tomato rating is overall, and also how Thor 2 compares to Thor 1.

Right now Thor 2 is at 65%, Thor 1 settled at 70%.

Thor 1 actually has a pretty decent proportion of good reviews and bad reviews. Thor 2 is getting an avalanche of bad reviews.

Where does one go for accurate box office stats?

by Anonymousreply 46511/08/2013

If you have time, adult symptoms of ADHD. I doubt he has it, or even a mild case of it. Narcissism is a better fit. But that is another story for another day.

by Anonymousreply 46611/08/2013

[R 461]

Yes. I do think he loved acting for acting's sake at one point, but that went by the wayside two years ago or so.

He doesn't need money, he's very much upper class. Trust fund. His mom's from a rich family that still has a fortune and his dad's got a very high-paying job. Lives in a gated mansion, literally.

Honestly, I don't care that he's from money, but the way he tries to cover some of it drives me nuts. "I'd love a horse but I can't afford one." Like, he could buy an entire stable easy. Just be honest, dude. Don't offer up bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 46711/08/2013

Yep. I expect Tumblr to be embarrassing, but ONTD has taken a nosedive.

I admit I love how they laugh @ Tumblr but eat up Hiddleston's crap on a spoon. For supposedly a smarter crowd, they're pretty gullible.

by Anonymousreply 46811/08/2013

ONTD used to be so funny with him. Now it's on par with Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 46911/08/2013

It'll pass. It's just the overflow of Marvel's marketing strategy. Lots of articles about the Unicorn Prince to drown out the really negative reviews. It's been in the pipeline for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 47011/08/2013

TDW did $7.1 million on its opening night, Thurs, which is good but less than I expected. Didn't think it would hit IM3's 15.6 million or anything but I figured closed to 10 million.

by Anonymousreply 47111/08/2013

I'm losing track of the numbers: what was Marvel's goal for opening night? That sounds really small.

by Anonymousreply 47211/08/2013

Not sure what they wanted, just that Iron Man 3 did more than twice that.

Thor 1 did $3.2 million on its opening night, but it was all midnight showings. The Dark World had showings 8pm forward.

by Anonymousreply 47311/08/2013

Variety is now reporting its tracking at $83 million now.

by Anonymousreply 47411/09/2013

Guess these two are on good terms after all

by Anonymousreply 47511/09/2013

People, if it's too hard to notice that to back referencing to somebody's reply you have to type "R" followed by the number (no brackets, no space), just ask or do a search in DL search engine. There's also a help page that explains how to post formatting.

by Anonymousreply 47611/09/2013

Thank you R476

by Anonymousreply 47711/09/2013

R475 that's a publicity stunt because all the fangirls wanted TH and KD back together. I don't believe for one second she would take him back. Even the London and LA photos look put on with theses two.

by Anonymousreply 47811/09/2013

Or maybe it's just a selfie. I hardly think they give a damn what the 'fangirls' think.

by Anonymousreply 47911/09/2013

r478 why on earth they would need to do a publicity stunt, when KD is in a relationship with Nick Zano and everybody knows that! TH and KD stayed friends period. Not everything must be part of a conspiracy theory.

by Anonymousreply 48011/09/2013

[quote]What's Next for Hiddleston & Hemsworth

by Anonymousreply 48111/09/2013

R479 on the contrary TH caress very much about what the fangirls think as its been very well documented on here. Still when has he ever turned down the camera lense? Wonder why KD dumped him?

by Anonymousreply 48211/09/2013

Wonder why SF dumped him

by Anonymousreply 48311/09/2013

Wonder why GC dumped him

by Anonymousreply 48411/09/2013

Ah right. I forget that the psychoanalysis that goes on in here is complete and true fact. Silly me!

by Anonymousreply 48511/09/2013

All TH has to do is tell the truth for once and all the speculation ends. When then can go back to taking the piss out if him.

by Anonymousreply 48611/09/2013

Tell the truth about what?

by Anonymousreply 48711/09/2013

Everything. He's a master Bullshiter.

by Anonymousreply 48811/09/2013

Best. Post. Ever. And true blue correct.

Still astonished at the number of gullible people who believe anything that rolls off that forked tongue of his.

by Anonymousreply 48911/09/2013

TH here is trying to brown nose even when these two are taking the piss out if him

by Anonymousreply 49011/09/2013

I Just saw Thor: The Dark World. Pretty awful...but Hiddleston was, as the critics seem to unanimously agree, the most enjoyable part of the film.

How does this guy not get more film roles? Do you think all of this new positive press will open new doors for him?

by Anonymousreply 49111/09/2013

His willingness to work his ass off promoting this piece of shit has been duly noted by TPTB. It helps him.

by Anonymousreply 49211/09/2013

Just saw Thor. Meh. It was OK- not the worst movie I've seen. I liked the first one better, though. This seemed all over the place, plot-wise. You could tell they were rewriting it. CH was good as Thor. Loki- well, TH hammed it up, of course. I thought too many "funny" lines were used in this film- WAY too much "comedy." A sprinkling would have been better- but the writers tossed a snarky line every couple of minutes- distracting.

TH will not win over anyone with this performance. I cannot imagine anyone at Marvel taking the "Loki-centric movie" seriously. He was only interesting with Thor. TH- still not a great actor, and Loki- still not a fully fleshed-out character. Too bad TH thinks Loki is on par with characters with any kind of depth. Loki is a one-dimensional character, who was the comic relief here, not something serious/interesting. I surely did not see him as being the most enjoyable part of it. If that's what ppl are saying- that *TH* ruled this movie- oh, my. Then it is total crap. It was what it was: a money-maker for Marvel. Won't see it again, and will not buy the DVD- it's not worth a second viewing.

by Anonymousreply 49311/09/2013

Different people have different opinions. You may think he's crap, that doesn't mean other people can't or that they are wrong ;)

by Anonymousreply 49411/09/2013

Never said ppl were not entitled to their opinions or that they were wrong. Fangurls have extreme difficulty when their perfect deity is not worshipped- most of us are NOT Hiddlestoners.

The MOVIE seemed pretty crappy to me- not what others thought of it. Silly you. If you head back to Tumblr- you are among your own kind. No one there is wrong about him, correct? ; )

by Anonymousreply 49511/09/2013

R495, so now you people are kicking each other off? For what - insufficient stanishness? Did she have a lucid moment?

by Anonymousreply 49611/09/2013

R493 I agree that the movie was awful but I did enjoy Loki's bits. To me, he actually brings a little bit of emotional depth, whereas Thor comes off as a frat boy with few brain cells.

Interesting that you didn't like Tom's acting but nearly EVERY review of the film cites his performance as a highlight of the film. Perhaps he's not that bad?

by Anonymousreply 49711/09/2013

[R 497]

I wouldn't personally call Hiddleston bad at all. He's a decent actor and does a great job with Loki.

As far as not getting roles go, the problem is I could list 4 or 5 other UK theater actors who could be great as Loki as well just off the top of my head. It's too one-note of a character to make casting directors go crazy, Marvel is not one for depth to its characters and the cast is not the draw.

by Anonymousreply 49811/09/2013

R495 - I'm afraid I don't have a tumblr. That place both scares me and confuses me. I can't actually figure out how it works :/. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 49911/10/2013

Here's some first hand info. Marvel fans don't actually really like the new Thor 2 film and have put it on par with iron man 2&3. I've spoken to one of the heads of a marvel fan site and he reckons that the new Thor film could be on DVD by the beginning of next year. He's had a lot of members actually complain that the film focused on Loki more than it need be and that real fans were annoyed that CE was under used. Basically he said,the main reason Thor 2 did well on its release is because people are curious to what happened next. It doesn't mean it's a good film. Oh yes, Loki's army does really piss of the marvel fans. There's a surprise

by Anonymousreply 50011/10/2013

TH just follows Wimbledon journalist. A man with no resentment

by Anonymousreply 50111/10/2013

Is Hiddleston back in London now?

And where shall we go after this thread fills up?

by Anonymousreply 50211/10/2013

R502 Yes he is, immediately after LA premiere

by Anonymousreply 50311/10/2013

R502 Yes he is back in London for Coriolanus and will stay in London till Febr.

R501 No, it just proves that the info JA was TH's gf didn't come from her. Like we have been saying all along.

by Anonymousreply 50411/10/2013

R501 that Elle journalist wasn't the Wimbledon journist. He doesn't follow that one anymore. None of the ladies in the retweeted Elle picture was JA. I'm intrigue in why he follows so many of the Elle team. Wonder if he's fucking one if them now or if he is indeed still with the bunny boiler

by Anonymousreply 50511/10/2013

R505 Wrong, it's her

by Anonymousreply 50611/10/2013

R505 get your facts right before writing, like you know using google and chek them out. The ELLE UK journalist TH has just started following is the same one that tweeted about "meeting him and his gf JA" at Wimbledon.

[quote] Rumours started that Tom is dating Jane, a record executive, after Elle UK editor-in-chief Lorraine Candy tweeted about the pair. ‘I sat next to actor Tom Hiddleston and his girlfriend Jane #wimbledonfinal. He’s a very funny man,’ she wrote.

Also, about your intrigue, these ELLE UK women he follows are married, with kids in some cases. It just happens that they are journalists and he tends to follow journalists he meets with. And I really hope by "bunny boiler" you didn't mean JA. If you did, go back to tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 50711/10/2013

R506 so I wonder if the rumours are true and he's back with the bunny boiling JA?

by Anonymousreply 50811/10/2013

What rumors? Tea here on DL? Let it go darling

by Anonymousreply 50911/10/2013

R507 I don't do tumblr besides I don't want to bump into JA the over aged fangirl there. My bad I apologise for not checking my facts, I'm not a hardcore TH fan like you guys. My gaydar beeps at him anyway, he's not gay but seems more bi to me

by Anonymousreply 51011/10/2013

What rumors? Some hot tea maybe?

by Anonymousreply 51111/10/2013

As an apologie for not checking my facts about Pinocchio and She-who-shall-not-be-named-especially-on-Here, I bring you an article pointing out TH/Pinocchio's pretentiousness

by Anonymousreply 51211/10/2013

Probably he just start promoting Coriolanus, with a lot of interview

by Anonymousreply 51311/10/2013

Wonder if TH isn't a bit mythomaniac. He says a lot of things and you sum up everything you understand that he must say a lot of BS. Every time it's a little BS but a BS anyway.

by Anonymousreply 51411/10/2013

Pretty sure TH will be at the tennis today, in a suit. Btw are any of the NW3 regulars who posted on the previous threads still here?

by Anonymousreply 51511/10/2013

Pension fund manager who lives in nw3. Have no gossip other than he's friendly to both attractive young women who talk to him at a local cafe and me. I like him, and Thor 2 was rather fun. My bf hated it, but he's honestly a bit of a snob anyway.

Didn't get a gay vibe either way.

He's probably happy he lives behind a fucking gate thanks to all you who know exactly where he lives...

by Anonymousreply 51611/10/2013

R515 I'm pretty sure none of the NW3 "regulars" have put in an appearance in at least two threads now.

by Anonymousreply 51711/10/2013

Over/under on him being at the tennis tonight?

by Anonymousreply 51811/10/2013

R516 It does seem like he is overall nice to everybody. As for people knowing where he lives, I don't like in UK but I guess it was mentioned in a magazine or interviews. I doubt his fans scouted the area hoping to find the right one.

by Anonymousreply 51911/10/2013

Unless he is busy with Coriolanus, I doubt he would miss NadalvsFederer and DjokovichvsWawrinka.

by Anonymousreply 52011/10/2013

R517 see R516. And FYI the same location has been mentioned by journalists in articles/interviews.

by Anonymousreply 52111/10/2013

I know that he lives in a converted farmhouse in chalk farm and it has always had a gate round it. So it's unlikely you'd see anyone on his doorstep. It sounds like he was in rehearsals. If he's at anything public they'd be photos with fans circularlating now.

by Anonymousreply 52211/10/2013

And even if they did find his house? What did he expect? He so wants to be a high-profile celebrity, he must understand the consequences. And he does.

I totally fail to comprehend why people still buy this celebrity shit about “we want our lives to remain private”. They totally understand it never happens, this is a part of fame game. The more you hide, the more people talk about you. The only thing these people do not stand is indifference of their public.

by Anonymousreply 52311/10/2013

It's not Chalk Farm, it's firmly in the nicer Belsize Park section. I live in a nice mansion block not far away, it's not actually Chalk Farm though that's the closest tube.

And R523 he loves being famous but I don't think he wants 15 year old fangirls on his doorstep. Not that they could jump the gate, it's quite high.

by Anonymousreply 52411/10/2013

Well said r523 and as I've said earlier TH is a master Bullshiter. I don't think we'll ever hear what he truly thinks of something. Anyway, which of you lovely people is going to start a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 52511/10/2013

Unless somebody starts a new one, I suggest we use this one.

by Anonymousreply 52611/10/2013

As soon as the ink was dry on his Thor/Marvel contract, he ran straight out and spent £3 million on a huge house in a private gated area next door to Tim Burton/Helena Bonham Carter right in the middle of Celebrityville, Hampstead near Gwyneth Paltrow et al.

He was already anticipating becoming a megastar and wanted to prepare himself an appropriate bachelor pad to bring his forthcoming ladies to.

by Anonymousreply 52711/10/2013

R524 is right, it's one things to be friendly and not minding fans asking for pics or autographs, another is having them following you around the city or camping outside your house. I doubt he would like that very much. And he has every right not to.

by Anonymousreply 52811/10/2013

TH has all the rights to like or not to like anything, but he plays fame game professionally, R528, he knows perfectly what comes “in package” with popularity.

About a new thread: maybe our OP will be kind and start a new one? The only reason the current one was not shut down is because it was started by the paying member.

by Anonymousreply 52911/10/2013

R526 & R529 I'm always game to start a new thread. Open to suggestions on what to call it.

We still have a few dozen posts left. Off to ride my real life ponies. (Alas, no prancing). I'll start new thread this evening.

by Anonymousreply 53011/10/2013

Something like TH latest dance moves

by Anonymousreply 53111/10/2013

This might've already been posted in this thread. From a current Forbes article on the surprising level of success of Thor 2. I thought of you crazy bitches.

"Chalk it up partially to the fact that supporting player Tom Hiddleston has become an Internet heartthrob sensation over the last two years, duking it out with Benedict Cumberbatch for the title of the Internet’s boyfriend. This was a weird situation where a character and actor who barely merited mention in the first film’s ad campaign aside from being the token villain now counted as an “added value element” for general audiences this time around. That’s one reason that the film played 38% female. The other reason, aside from the fact that females like action fantasies too, is that the film has four major and varied female characters versus the usual Smurfette Syndrome that affects male-centric genre entries. If anything, the Thor franchise thrives on the female gaze, with all manner of eye candy in the form of Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, and/or Anthony Hopkins."

by Anonymousreply 53211/10/2013

R532 What about the other 62% of the audience?

by Anonymousreply 53311/10/2013

They get male privilege, and also get to ogle the eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 53411/10/2013

Has anyone noticed that he only gives politician answers? It's hardly surprising as he went to the same school as most of them do but you read his answers to interviews again

by Anonymousreply 53511/10/2013

Lol, this guy should write fanfictions. His latest story is priceless...

"There was a time I loved to do romantic things. I had a girlfriend at university, she studied French and Italian, we were dating for some time. And her study included living and working in Paris for 6 months. She asked me to go to Paris on the weekend with her and help to settle in. I told her that I couldn’t because I had a very important audition which I couldn’t shift. To tell the truth my movie career was dependant on this audition in that moment. I was told to come there on Saturday evening and if I hadn’t shown up I would have never got my hand near it. On Saturday I was on my way to the studio but I turned around in the last moment and went to King’s Cross, took the “Eurostar” and darted to Paris. Of course, I decided to come as a surprise and while I was travelling there I stayed connected with her friend. At last I was in Paris and by her friend’s tip-off I found them in the Luxembourg Gardens where they were buying an ice cream. My girlfriend was standing in front of a stand with different flavours of ice cream and couldn’t decide which one to choose. I came, stood up behind her and gently whispered: “It’s a hard choice, isn’t it?” There was more sense and irony for me in this phrase than it might seem at first sight. My deed was possibly too romantic as my girlfriend almost fainted from fear. Since then I’ve become more careful in romantic actions. Who knows how my career would have formed if I had gone to that audition?"

I call that a huge amount of bullshits.

by Anonymousreply 53611/10/2013

He talks like David Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 53711/10/2013

How many students do you know who can afford to just hop a Eurostar to Paris? Sheesh.

Very sweet story. I wonder who the lucky lady was?

by Anonymousreply 53811/10/2013

Yahoo Movies says that Thor 2 is expected to gross from $85.8 million this weekend to $87.7 million and possibly more. AND the reviewer (who is male) is lending credence to the idea of a standalone Loki movie being a hit.

[quote Marvel seems to be able to do no wrong, the studio is in a zone I’ve seen in the past only with animated films, back when Jeffrey Katzengerg’s Disney was cranking out one classic 2D animated classic after the other and John Lasseter’s Pixar. Marvel could probably score a big hit right now with a movie devoted to Tom Hiddleston’s Loki character.]

by Anonymousreply 53911/10/2013

I'd have given him the benefit of the doubt on that story and just say he embellished if he wasn't the same dude who backed out of his best friend's wedding to meet with a director.

I can let that type of bull go but it's the stuff he says that's so out there logically that gets me.

by Anonymousreply 54011/10/2013

Eurostar isn't that expensive and the guy had money. Anyway the whole story, and how he tells it, is a huge fanfiction. The fangirls think he's soooooo romantic and he would have been a huge star years before if he wasn't such a fantastic boyfriend.

Who can believe that a "serious actor" gave up a very important audition for an afternoon in Paris whereas he could have gone the next week? And I don't even speak about the Luxembourg park and the icecream story...

That story and many others make me think he's a mythomaniac.

by Anonymousreply 54111/10/2013

[r 359]

There was no doubt it was going to gross high (Forbes has it at 86), it was just a questionable decision to spend nearly as much as Thor as they did Iron Man 3 when they won't get the same level of return. Thor needs to make 300 million to cover its costs.

A Loki-centric movie would flop.

by Anonymousreply 54211/10/2013

I'm sure that version of the Paris story keeps changing just like the Venice/Rome one. R538 he got the money from mummy and daddy, you didn't expect him to go out and save for it did you? It's like those pity trips to 3rd world countries the elite like to send their kids to

by Anonymousreply 54311/10/2013

R542 A Loki standalone movie IF it ever got made would be risky and could well be a big flop. I'm just saying that all of TH's shilling and fangirl popularity has gotten him noticed and people are seriously talking about it. Even Joss Whedon said Marvel was going to give it some thought.

by Anonymousreply 54411/10/2013

R544 and it could easily fail, Which it will. I will then laugh

by Anonymousreply 54511/10/2013

Of course they are talking, definitely. Happened after the first Thor and the Avengers too.

Then the Thor hype dies down and no one cares. That's the issue. I'd think they'd have to sink 100+ plus on marketing like they did here at least but would only get half the audience, if that.

by Anonymousreply 54611/10/2013

I don't know.. I love Loki, and I'm a fan of Hiddleston. However, a stand alone Loki film? I think Loki is awesome in small doses. But there is such a thing as too much.

by Anonymousreply 54711/10/2013

Back then Eurostar was much more expensive. But silly question I guess, Bank of Mum and Dad. Lucky thing.

by Anonymousreply 54811/10/2013

I don’t think a stand alone Loki movie will ever happen. They can test the waters with 1 Loki-centric episode within Agents of SHIELD, as an option, who knows. But the movie centered on Loki may happen only in case CH breaks with Marvel – which is highly unlikely – and Marvel will be forced to cast new Thor.

by Anonymousreply 54911/10/2013

R548 Back then Eurostar went from Waterloo (the new Kings X terminal didn't open until '07). But maybe he just forgot about that.

by Anonymousreply 55011/10/2013

Oh god of course it did R550. Something wasn't ringing true about that and I couldnt put my finger in it for the life of me. It was Waterloo back then. Before they did up St Panc.

by Anonymousreply 55111/10/2013

LOL, R550, you’re right! My first time with Eurostar was in 2005: I was on my way from Paris, it was Waterloo. He says, it happened pre RADA, what year, I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 55211/10/2013

Wait, I found something: “The walk from the Piccadilly line ticket hall at King's Cross to Eurostar departures will take about five minutes”. This is from, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 55311/10/2013

"Tripadvisor", sorry.

by Anonymousreply 55411/10/2013

I am just curious how so many of you know for certain that he is financed by mum and dad? There are a lot of wealthy parents, who do not necessarily finance their children's lives. I have no doubt that Hiddleston has lots of advantages coming from money. But that does not mean that they pay for everything.

They might of course, as I have no real idea, but neither do the rest of the idiots on here who claim that he is living the good life off of his parents. He can't help being born into money, anymore than someone can help being born into poverty. And, like it or not, he has at least tried to raise people's awareness of impoverished countries and people living "below the line" in his own country. Did he do it for PR? Possibly, or ok, Probably, but still there are lots of other rich brats out there who do nothing at all.

Tom may be a jerk, but the things people get upset about with him astound me. Why is it so shocking if he sleeps around, has friends with benefits, or tells grand stories? The things I find annoying about him is he must be the center of attention, his fan pandering is annoying. But I think he is a decent actor and in the grand scheme of things he is probably a decent enough guy. Co workers seem fond of him.

Hopefully he will settle in securely accepting that is best roles will be smaller, character roles, and give up the quest to be the next "it" guy. He has far too much competition with the million other Brits to really succeed as leading man. If Henry Cavill manages to prove that he can actually act and the Man from UNCLE does well, he will have the strong, gorgeous leading man roles, Cumberbatch will be the non-obvious Leading Man. Charlie Hunnam, Sam Claflin, Eddie RedMayne,McAvoy, McGregor, Tom Hardy, Tom Sturridge etc. And Fassbender will likely be the go to for extreme roles that showcase his immense talent for a while yet, unless his personal life ruins that. And Andrew Garfield is in this group, though I am not sure it is accurate to call him a Brit, but he is talented and close to Tom's age, despite looking much younger. If Spiderman doesn't type cast him he could have a great career.

There just isn't enough room for Tom at the Leading Man's table, which is find, he can enjoy a longer career not playing top fiddle anyway. And being out of the limelight would be good so his ridiculous fan base can calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 55511/10/2013

R552 He says when at Uni so pre-2002 I'd say.

The link to that article was posted a few pages back and it was to a tumblr page so I assumed it was fanfic, esp with that obvious mistake. Then I saw the interview, which was published in Russian, so it may have lost something in translation. I don't call complete BS, but as R541 has pointed out, there appears to be embellishment going on.

by Anonymousreply 55611/10/2013

R555 I don't think he's relying on family money either (why else would he be pushing for a sponsorship deal with all the suits and fashion spreads), but this is a story from over 10 yrs ago.

The BS for me is this perfect Disney prince image which is being put across, and his fans are buying into. The pr with this man stinks.

by Anonymousreply 55711/10/2013

Well among other things, such as attending only the most expensive schools, he bought a house in Kentish Town at age 25 back when he had only very sporadic and low paying supporting parts on stage.

Typically when parents set up trust funds for children the trust fund is used to pay for their education until a certain age, after which the trust is broken and the child can use the principal in whatever way they wish. 25 is the typical age parents choose. He turns 25, and presto, he has the money to buy a home in North London.

Hiddleston comes from a very, very wealthy family. Outrageously wealthy on his mother's side, as in billionaires. Yes, his father worked hard, but he also became a CEO and has earned CEO pay on top of everything else. He tries hard to downplay this, but it is work.

by Anonymousreply 55811/10/2013

The Loki movie has the same probability of success as solo Will.I.Am album. Floptown, here we come.

by Anonymousreply 55911/10/2013

R553: Waterloo is just a bit more than 15 mins by tube from Kings Cross. When he was at uni, Eurostar was running from Waterloo, not Kings Cross St Pancras as it does now He specifically said Kings X, not Waterloo and that can't have happened. But I don see why he would lie about something so easily check able so he probably just got mixed up.

I know I said 'Bank of Mum and Dad' but he can't help being born into money any more than I can help having been born piss poor. His dad presumably is wealthy but he'd be paying child support for three kids. His mum is from money but not necessarily with ready access to it. My grandad was very wealthy when he died but I've seen very little of it once it was divided up, nor when I was growing up piss poor. The trust fund theory seems a good one. He has always worked though, he was a waiter for a bit, so I don't believe he's always had money handed to him by any means.

by Anonymousreply 56011/10/2013

R556 A Russian friend read that interview and told me it was accurate. In case somebody wants to check the original text I'm reposting the original link to the Russian site.

R555 You find annoying the pandering of fans, the quest for leading man roles and wanting to be the centre of attention, other people find annoying other things. To somebody else it might seems logical for an actor to at least try to get parts as leading man, to be nice to fans, while finding fake and superficial the Live Below The Line campaign.

by Anonymousreply 56111/10/2013

Yes, R556, I saw the original, Kings X was mentioned, definitely.

by Anonymousreply 56211/10/2013

[R 560]

Eh, Hiddleston mentioned working as a waiter in his parents' country club for literally one summer. Sounds like his parents had him try a job like a lot of parents do but as far as I know, that was it. He's definitely living off something, prob a trust fund.

by Anonymousreply 56311/10/2013

I haven't heard anything about him struggling to find money to live on. He had a job as a waiter for a summer during his teens and apparently lived in a hostel after leaving RADA.

It doesn't add up. He's never worked a huge amount yet could afford to buy a flat in Kentish Town in his mid twenties. And then used his Marvel money to buy his new place when he was 29, but I would doubt his Marvel deal was worth $5mil+ since he was a nobody back then. He has a whole team of staff to pay for too, but I'd guess he gets his Armani suits for free, plus travel costs etc. He hasn't worked for a while year, so he's either living beyond his means or living off a trust fund.

by Anonymousreply 56411/10/2013

I presumed that agents etc work on a percentage of his earnings rather than an upfront fee. And the PR was paid for by the agent? Can anyone confirm? Plus if he bought the house upfront he has no mortgage so if he's careful it's possible.

by Anonymousreply 56511/10/2013

Hiddleston's father is an Oxford-affiliated scientist who was managing director of one of their first science-technology transfer-licensing companies in the late 80's. I'm sure he made a decent penny there, the family was at least middle-to-upper middle class if not higher.

by Anonymousreply 56611/10/2013

Well he has avengers and thor 2 money as well.

by Anonymousreply 56711/10/2013

If I remember well he made a BMW advertisements recently

by Anonymousreply 56811/10/2013

His GROSS for all three Marvel films probably totals about half the cost of that £3m house. And that's before his agent gets a cut, he's paid for PR, etc etc.

His career earnings probably barely cover the cost of it.

by Anonymousreply 56911/10/2013

Speaking about income: first of all he has to pay taxes, and taxes are huge. Then he pays his agent, his PR and his assistant if his assistant is not hired by the studio.

Being 25 and unemployed to buy a flat in London? Really.

by Anonymousreply 57111/10/2013

Can someone hurry up and make a new thead?

by Anonymousreply 57211/10/2013

As others correctly pointed out, he actually hasn't made that much off Marvel, and his expenses are huge. If he actually keeps 25% of his gross, he is doing well.

Family money has paid for everything. He has always been comfortable. Working as a waiter for extra cash and living in a "hostel" was all before age 25, which was when his trust fund money became available.

by Anonymousreply 57311/10/2013

My suggestion for a new thread "Posh British actors: gay, bi or straight" or "Posh British actors: what's the attraction". I know it invites discussion of Cumberbatch et al, but anything to get away from the non-existent gf conspiracy theories, and prancing pony comparisons. Plus, I'm interested to see the fall-out of any more gay rumours.

by Anonymousreply 57411/10/2013

I'd love to interview TH and correct him when he contradicts himself.

by Anonymousreply 57511/10/2013

The work was probably a networking thing - nothing to do with cash. That's what posh kids do in the UK. They get a "job" with friends of mater and pater and meet people whilst "working". Rich-crony internships are a big issue in the UK, for example. If your kid doesn't want a commercial job, then they pretend to slum it as a waiter or somesuch, but it's always a job got by family or friends and a job where the clientele is the people who will crony your kid through the rest of his or her life.

Look, I'm sure TH is an ok guy. But let's not pretend he isn't a 1%er by birth and that goes for both money AND (vital in the UK) breeding.

by Anonymousreply 57611/10/2013

Why are people so hard on this guy? So what if half of what he says is bullshit? How is that really all that different from a lot of actors or people in general. The level with which people seem to take his duplicity personally is the real story here, not a posh Brit playing the game.

The real issue is why to so many seem to be so fascinated with this guy that they will fill up thread after thread on here and elsewhere talking about what a fake he is? Or whiny because he is likely rich?

I don't come to this thread because I am a huge Tom Hiddleston Fan, ( I think he is ok) but I am kind of fascinated with the sociology of people on these threads. It would make a great study of group mentality.

Just the history of him as a topic on here, at first universally liked and considered kind of over the top enthusiastic but harmless and perhaps even a bit cute, to all of a sudden he is a lying asshole, born with a silver spoon, who is a kinky manwhore and whatever else is said.

It really is a sickness in the fans or whatever you would call most of you on here.

He is an actor, like his work or not, like him or not, but fuck, stop pretending you have any real insight into this man, stop pretending you know what his income is, or his take from he films. Fine to speculate but so many of you talk like you have seen his financial portfolio.

by Anonymousreply 57711/10/2013

OK, the new thread is up. I took the suggestion and called it: "Posh British Actors: What's the Attraction?"

Just for fun I posted a poll on which actor do you think is most talented. I had the option to include 10 names and I put in Chris Hemsworth and Alexander Skarsgard for the heck of it, though neither of them is British; Fassbender is Irish/German though he lives in London.

We've got about 22 posts left in this thread.

R577 I agree with you. People are very hard on TH and sometimes unnecessarily so. Yes, he BSs a lot and shits sunshine but I'm guessing he's grating to some because of excessive publicity of late mostly to do with Thor 2. Of course, he invites more by breaking into song, dance and imitations on cue.

Unfortunately, all of this stuff tends to overshadow his actual acting creds. And I do believe he has acting chops. Almost all the Thor 2 reviews say that Hemsworth is hunky and stop there. By contrast, Hiddleston is getting good reviews for Loki.

by Anonymousreply 57811/10/2013

R577 and who the hell are you to tell people what to do and who to talk about?

by Anonymousreply 57911/10/2013

People like talking about him because he's a tricky one. It's hard to believe one person is sunshine and roses all the time and he tries so hard to maintain his imagine he's turning into a robot.

by Anonymousreply 58011/10/2013

Oh, please, R577, not this again.

by Anonymousreply 58111/10/2013

Several years ago I worked for the family that Tom's mother comes from (the one with all the money). Now, I suspect that Tom and his siblings may be too far removed from the sturdy tree to receive the same, but children from this particular family receive a 250,000 pound payment when they reach a certain age (and I can't for the life of me remember what it was, pretty sure it was not 18, it was in the their early 20's twenties somewhere, after uni and when they would be more mature to do something proper with the money). The lady I worked for used it as down payment on a rather nice flat in London. It wasn't North London, but it was a pretty decent flat in a good area.

by Anonymousreply 58211/10/2013

People smell bullshit about him and it is fanned and fed by his overactive PR team. He seems overly attached to his image, more so than any other actor I know of, and panders heavily to the fangirls in a way that to many feels really manipulative and cynical. He contradicts himself and hands out sound byte answers in interviews. Lacks reality. He is the perfect Marvel/Disney poster boy really.

The class issue would be less of an issue if he owned up to it, but he tends to be very defensive about this and sees it as a PR problem for himself rather than the serious problem of gross inequality that it actually is.

So, Thor 2 brought in 86 million for the opening weekend. Interesting number-- it is higher than the 75 million figure tracking came up with earlier in the month, but many felt this was artificially lowered so that Marvel could make absolutely sure that it would seem a great success. More realistic expectations ranged from 90 million to 100 million. According to Lainey Gossip, 100 million was the number needed to assure that Marvel and Disney employees (and I assume Hiddles) got their bonuses.

Thoughts? These aren't crap numbers, but it is hardly breaking the sound barrier in the way I think Marvel really wanted.

by Anonymousreply 58311/10/2013

"The class issue would be less of an issue if he owned up to it, but he tends to be very defensive about this and sees it as a PR problem for himself rather than the serious problem of gross inequality that it actually is."

THIS THIS THIS. He's said so many dodgy things about class/privilege but never gets pulled up on it.

by Anonymousreply 58411/10/2013

His dancing is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 58511/10/2013

R583 We don't have the final weekend tally numbers yet. Since tomorrow is the Veterans Day holiday here in the US with the kids off from school, Thor 2 is likely to rack up some decent numbers.

I don't think Marvel expects Thor 2 to match Iron Man or Avengers 2 but so far, so good. If it matches or exceeds the $449M worldwide gross of the original Thor, you can expect there will be a Thor 3.

by Anonymousreply 58611/10/2013

r577 is clearly new to DL and how things operate around here.

R578 thanks for the new thread but how on earth are Hemsworth or Fassbender considered posh? Skarsgard too for that matter. Is he even British?

by Anonymousreply 58711/10/2013

Bravo. You summed it up nicely. Fake faker is fake, even for an actor. And, to be honest, he's not that well known outside Loki.

by Anonymousreply 58811/10/2013

Skarsgard is Swedish. Fassbender was born in Germany and is German-Irish. Hemsworth is Australian. Not one of them could be remotely considered posh.

by Anonymousreply 58911/10/2013

R587 My bad. I just took the suggested name for the thread. The poll had nothing to do with the name of the thread. Skarsgard, Hemsworth & Fassbender are not British but they are very popular non-American actors who are getting a lot of work and a lot of attention so I put them in there for the hell of it and for variety's sake. Now I'm sorry I did because everyone's fixating on that, LOL!

by Anonymousreply 59011/10/2013

Well apologies r590. Shouldn't have jumped. Thanks again for starting the new thread.

by Anonymousreply 59111/10/2013

R583 As R586 said I don't think the film was expected to get anywhere near Iron Man 3 in terms of numbers, but obviously they were hoping for near the $100m mark. But as has been pointed out it cost near $200 to make and apparently another 100 to market, so would have to make $300m to break even.

R577 It's a gossip site, what do you expect? If you've seen ONTD and the ridiculous fawning over this man over there, you'll see why there's a backlash. As R583 pointed out, it's the pr and image that's being pushed which is commented on here, and his clueless fans that are believing it.

I'm sure I've posted this before, but I'll say it again; I feel sorry for his fans - and him - if any actual negative story comes out about him. There's no way this perfect image can be maintained in the long term.

by Anonymousreply 59211/10/2013

R592 - I can't help but suspect that if a negative story did indeed rise up out of the sewers, the fans would do everything they could to either a) completely ignore it (as they do about the minute small details that don't add up), or b) completely crucify the original source and attempt to make them totally uncredible, or c) deny deny deny... after all, Tom is sooooooo amazeballs and the perfect Disney Prince so it must be jealousy/he's too perfect to do anything like that/let's overrationalise the whole thing with epic tumblr rants. There will be a small segment I'm sure, pointing it out, but likely after having tomatoes and rotted vegetables thrown at them they will disappear from the face of the earth, only to be found floating face down in the Thames several weeks later.

by Anonymousreply 59311/10/2013

Exactly, R593, and R577 is the perfect example of it (if you re-read the post).

by Anonymousreply 59411/10/2013

There shall be no throwing of vegetables.

Thomas does not like it when people throw vegetables (especially if in reference to his attending Eton.)

by Anonymousreply 59511/10/2013

R595 Yes, but too bad that Hiddleston himself is the one who keeps reminding everyone that he attended Eton. That UK reporter that went out rowing with him on the lake for the interview even mentioned that Tommy wouldn't stop yapping about it.

by Anonymousreply 59611/10/2013

R596 Yes, I read that "interview", LOL.

I think TH's favorite words are I and me. I know performers are all vain and self-absorbed, but, good grief. This man wins the gold medal in being able to take any situation and make it ALL ABOUT HIMSELF. I mean, how do you experience extreme poverty in Africa, and only describe how it affected YOU?

Unbelievable. But, he's "perfect", right?

by Anonymousreply 59711/10/2013

Almost a full thread!

Hey, does anyone know why he shows up at a premiere- on a motorcycle- in a suit?

Whose idea was that? Luke's? That Feige guy's?

by Anonymousreply 59811/10/2013

R598 the motorcycle was just there, he hopped on it for the photo op.

by Anonymousreply 59911/10/2013

Thank you. Thought that was strange.

Nothing says "I'm cool" like hopping on a motorcycle. In a suit.

by Anonymousreply 60011/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!