Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have your sexual tastes changed over time?

Not your orientation, but your preferences in a "type" (hairy vs. smooth, twinky vs. mature, fair coloring vs. dark, etc.) and the sexual practices and positions you like (topping vs. bottoming, giving vs. receiving oral)? If so, any idea as to why your tastes changed or evolved the way they did?

Personally, I feel like when I was younger I was into the idea of bigger, more mature guys who'd dominate me, but as I've gotten older and grown in confidence and (hopefully) maturity, I'm no longer interested in those guys and like slimmer guys my own age or a bit younger, and like the idea of topping them. I guess it's tied up with my own sexual confidence and what needs I'm looking for others to fulfill - who knows, give me another couple of years and maybe I'll be lusting after young twinks half my age. Anyone else feel like their sexual tastes have changed over their lifetime, and have an opinion as to why?

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2013

What I am into sexually hasn't changed much. When I was younger I had a type, smooth, not too tall, dark haired, the boyish type.

As I have gotten older, just plain old actually my sexual attraction to types has greatly expanded. Pretty boys are boring. I tend to like the average guy now, can find something sexy about a whole array of men. When I find something sexy about a guy, most flaws are forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 111/01/2013

Yes and no.

My "type" hasn't changed. It's still dark-haired white guys, age 27, usually Jewish, Irish, or Italian, or a dark-haired WASP. Now I would probably specify "circumcised," though it was a given when I was young. I'm an American baby boomer. What can I say?

I don't get fucked anymore, though I used to love that. I'm of the AIDS generation, and I just can't, no matter how safe we try to be. It's been decades. I don't know how it is that I'm HIV-, but I am.

by Anonymousreply 211/01/2013

[quote]When I find something sexy about a guy, most flaws are forgotten.

God, I wish I was like that. I've become way too picky and more selective. The slightest thing can become a deal breaker. The good side is I have more self respect. The bad side is I don't get laid nearly as much as I should.

by Anonymousreply 311/01/2013

I go out with an occasional white guy these days. Used to be AA and Latino dudes only.

by Anonymousreply 411/01/2013

When I was younger, I liked skinny waifish guys...now I enjoy a more athletic or slightly stocky build and a furry chest. I've always had a weakness for dark curly hair. JFK Jr. is the sexiest man ever to me.

These are just general preferences though, I don't discriminate if the chemistry is there...hot is hot.

by Anonymousreply 511/01/2013

Nope, it's pretty much still the same: white guys with brown/black eyes, clean/straight teeth, facial hair, ordinary to stocky body, circumcised cock. Still love kissing, fucking (versatile), rimming.

by Anonymousreply 611/01/2013

"Tired of the dark ones, famished for the Blondes"

by Anonymousreply 711/01/2013

Some things have changed. Others have not. Still like the basic average white guy with stocky builds. Still not into dark Jewish and Italian looks. What has changed is I have become not just a top but a dom top. And a new preference for uncut cocks if sucking.

by Anonymousreply 811/04/2013

I've kind of gone back to where I started. Frottage. I always liked the sensation of two bodies writhing together, naked dry-humping. It's the most sensual way to make love, to have the whole person in your arms.

And I kind of get the feeling I could be with a lot of people on this thread, ha ha...

by Anonymousreply 911/04/2013

When I was 20, I said I'd never be attracted to a guy over 30. When I was 30, I said I'd never be attracted to a guy over 40. Now that I'm 40, well, you know how this goes. Although I still prefer the Sean Cody age dudes.

by Anonymousreply 1011/04/2013

r9, you busy this weekend? Heh.

Anyway, my taste has changed a bit -- I used to be into guys between 35-40 with slim but not skinny builds, "floppy" hair, five o'clock shadow ... think Noah Wyle in his stardom years, Dennis Quaid, etc.

Now the age hasn't changed much -- more like 35-45, but I'm into stockier guys... a little gone to seed is fine.

Effortlessly masculine but not a gym rat: that hasn't changed. A nice head of hair: that hasn't changed either.

The biggest adjustment is getting used to being attracted to younger men. Even in my early 20s I was into guys 35-40. Now I'm in my latest possible 40s and I still find that age range attractive (but not exclusively).

by Anonymousreply 1111/04/2013

I kind of like balding guys. As long as they don't shave the whole head. And they're not too insecure about it. A natural part of aging. Also, they tend to overcompensate by working out a lot.

by Anonymousreply 1211/04/2013

The biggest adjustment is getting used to being attracted to younger men. Even in my early 20s I was into guys 35-40. Now I'm in my latest possible 40s and I still find that age range attractive (but not exclusively).

I find this to be also true in my case too R11.

by Anonymousreply 1311/04/2013

No

by Anonymousreply 1411/04/2013

If a guy is young enough to be my son, it creeps me out. Can't do it. Thankfully, I'm attracted to men 30-60. I'm in my 40's.

by Anonymousreply 1511/05/2013

A submissive guy brought out the dominant top in me.

by Anonymousreply 1611/05/2013

I used to be total bottom who liked daddy tops. Now I'm a versatile top who looks at guys' butts a lot.

by Anonymousreply 1711/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.