Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Good grief, what the eff happened to Kevin Kline?

I understand he's aged - as we all will - but Kevin's turned into some weird, puffy, homeless looking person.

He was SO damn handsome I just assumed he'd age nicely. Boy, was I wrong!

by Anonymousreply 5111/02/2013

I'd still do him.

by Anonymousreply 111/01/2013

LOL R2! W&W!

by Anonymousreply 211/01/2013

Don't be ridiculous, OP. He has two weeks worth of scruff on his face. He doesn't look puffy at all.

by Anonymousreply 311/01/2013

Are you serious, OP? I thought he'd look like some plastic surgery disaster (like Kenny Rogers) or melted wax figure (like Robert Redford), but he actually looks pretty respectable. His beard could use a closer trim (or get shaved entirely), and maybe a little coloring wouldn't hurt, but he looks healthy for a 66-year old. He's allowed himself to gain a little weight to fill out his face so he doesn't look completely haggard.

Here's another recent picture I found of him, in September - pretty decent for his age. Not amazing, but decent.

by Anonymousreply 411/01/2013

He used to have an amazing body.

by Anonymousreply 511/01/2013

Kevin with M's nemesis, looking mighty good and natural for sixty-somethings.

by Anonymousreply 611/01/2013

Here he is two weeks ago:

by Anonymousreply 711/01/2013

OK, I stand corrected then. He's looking a little better in these later photos.

I thought that was just him all the time now but he's apparently "in character."

by Anonymousreply 811/01/2013

Banging Phoebe Cates every day and twice on Sunday will take something out of you.

by Anonymousreply 911/01/2013

OP, I have to agree with you. Kevin Kline has aged. But YOU, OP, YOU! You look JUST like you did in your highschool yearbook photo!

by Anonymousreply 1011/01/2013

He had an okay body, R6. Nothing amazing about it.

Most young actors now have much better bodies than their counterparts from 20-30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1111/01/2013

Patti LuPone sure goes on about him in her memoir. She is intensely pleased with herself for landing who was then one of the most handsome men on the stage (the 1970s). It is revealing that she knows she got very very lucky.

by Anonymousreply 1311/01/2013

That's a horrible pic of Phoebe @ r10.

by Anonymousreply 1411/01/2013

To think I ever pegged him...

by Anonymousreply 1511/01/2013

R15 - yea.

Here's a better recent picture of Phoebe.

by Anonymousreply 1611/01/2013

[quote] Patty Lapone

People are now just misspelling her name on purpose, right?

by Anonymousreply 1711/01/2013

Didn't he date Janet Jackson during the 80s for a very brief period?

by Anonymousreply 1811/01/2013

We all get old!

You will too!

Come to the realization honey!

by Anonymousreply 1911/01/2013

No R20, not OP. OP is Dorian Gray. If you don't believe me, just ask his wrinkled face.

by Anonymousreply 2011/01/2013

OP is Dolores Gray? I think you're FABBBBBULOUS, OP!

by Anonymousreply 2111/01/2013

I think he looks great. You are kind of putting weird expectations on someone who in his 60's(?). Not everyone wants to do too much plastic surgery because you end up looking like Mickey Rourke.

by Anonymousreply 2211/01/2013

"He's allowed himself to gain a little weight to fill out his face so he doesn't look completely haggard."

Nah, I think he's had some subtle work done. A little filler here, a little botox there, maybe a little tuck somewhere else, and somehow he's missing most of the wrinkles and sags you'd expect to see on a man of his age.

He almost looks normal for his age, but not quite. Even the subtlest plastic surgery looks wrong on men, and it's why the OP thought he looked puffy and strange.

by Anonymousreply 2311/01/2013

We had great sex during the filming of Sophie's Choice. Peter was also my lover. It's how I mesmerized you on screen because I was constantly being fucked. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 2411/01/2013

Great on stage, kind of bland in movies.

by Anonymousreply 2511/01/2013

I never knew Phoebe Cates family name is really Katz.

by Anonymousreply 2611/01/2013

Did anyone see him in Pirates?

by Anonymousreply 2711/01/2013

I like Phoebe. She may have grown up an entitled bitch but she was gorgeous and genuinely funny in FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH and deliciously camp in LACE. She also knew her limitations as an actress and put her career on the back burner when she married KK and became a mom. That relationship has outlasted a lot of Hollywood marriages.

Plus, she gets bonus points for basically playing herself in THE ANNIVERSARY PARTY all those years later being hilarious and charming.

by Anonymousreply 2811/01/2013

Love THE ANNIVERSARY PARTY. Totally underated. And Kevin and Phoebe's kids appeared as themselves.

by Anonymousreply 2911/01/2013

He used to be a DILF. Now he looks like Santa Claus' drunkard brother.

by Anonymousreply 3011/01/2013

R29 - I wish Phoebe would act more. I loved a number of her lesser known films like Drop Dead Fred too.

She was gorgeous in the 80s and still is.

by Anonymousreply 3111/01/2013

Phoebe runs a boutique in NYC. I've read that you can see her in there all the time.

by Anonymousreply 3211/01/2013

I used to wait on Pheobe all the time when their kids were small. She and another mom friend with two kids came into the place I worked. They would come in late on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with the kids. I had no idea it was her.

She and the kids were lovely, sweet, well-behaved, and she's a nice tipper. Everyone thought they were the nicest family, which isn't easy to achieve when dining out with kids. A beautiful smile and lovely manners go a long way in life!

by Anonymousreply 3311/01/2013

OP is probably incredibly fat and hasn't been laid in five years. Some nerve criticizing a guy who looks pretty damned good for 66. What's it like to be so unloved, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3411/01/2013

Here's a general rule of thumb for you older queens whose jawlines are starting to soften and feminize....always keep a couple of days worth of scruff when you can. Not only does it obscure the jowls and lax also makes you look more virile,rougher and manly.

by Anonymousreply 3511/01/2013

I'm pretty sure he looks better than your Mother.

by Anonymousreply 3611/01/2013

Owen Kline was excellent as the younger brother in The Squid and the Whale.

by Anonymousreply 3711/01/2013

Why does he talk like Madonna now (like with a vague English accent)?

by Anonymousreply 3811/01/2013

Kline is wonderful on stage and he deserved his Tonys. I saw his replacement in that as well as replacement in On the 20th Century and neither was as good or made as much an impact as Kline had in those roles.

by Anonymousreply 3911/01/2013

He's been doing that since A FISH CALLED WANDA.

by Anonymousreply 4011/01/2013

I've never seen pores that large on a human before.

by Anonymousreply 4111/01/2013

They certainly did an excellent job lighting Indiana Jones.

by Anonymousreply 4211/02/2013

*I* still look fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 4311/02/2013

wow, in the photo at R8, Kevin Kline standing next to Michael Douglas makes Michael Douglas look like a very tiny tiny man.

by Anonymousreply 4411/02/2013

The cast of Last Vegas appeared on The Talk this week (among many other TV appearances) and I did not even recognize Kevin Kline.

Not knowing who exactly was in the cast besides Michael Douglas, DeNiro, and the black gentleman (name escapes me), I did not find out until a day later that it had been Kevin Kline sitting on The Talk with the 3 other actors.

I thought it was maybe Robin Williams. The person on The Talk looked NOTHING like Kevin Kline and his name never even crossed my mind.

by Anonymousreply 4511/02/2013

R40 His replacement in 20th Century was Nick Wyman who was so so wrong for the part. He looks like Dudley Do-Right. Kline was sex on a stick back then. And his physical shtick during 20th Century is still remembered today. Well, by me anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4611/02/2013

Yeah, yeah, he's great. Looks great. Smells great. Now, let's get down to business. Gay rumors? Who's had him.

by Anonymousreply 4711/02/2013

Me, too (R47). Loved him in On The 20th Century and especially Pirates.

If you've never see the DVD of the live Central Park production of Pirates, do. Kline is just wonderful and you get to see his skill at milking an audience.

Patricia Routledge is an added bonus.

by Anonymousreply 4811/02/2013

Even Gay Gayerson couldn't fuck Patty Lapone. Verdict: Straight.

by Anonymousreply 4911/02/2013

I think he looks good, I'd be happy to look like him when I'm his age. There's no bigger turn off than an older guy who acts and dresses like a tween and who dyes his hair on top of that.

by Anonymousreply 5011/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!