Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Former Freeper Boss Looking for a Handout

BACKGROUND: The worst people I ever worked for. Hard core Regressives and Jesus freaks. Insanely dishonest (they were defending 26 separate lawsuits at one point) On the day of Obama's first inauguration they flew the flag outside their building upside down. He is a nasty old drunk who sexually harassed every woman who worked there. Her, his second wife and much younger than him. She was a former pole dancer who once she became too old and too fat for the job found Jesus. I got out of there over a year ago. They have since gone bankrupt and lost their business but she has found a new scheme to occupy her time and fund her coke habit: event planner. I just got off the phone with her. The conversation went as such:

Her: Hi! guess who?

Me: I dont know, who is this?

Her: It's Beth! Do you miss me?

Me: (Gee, I didn't recognize your voice, so what does that say?) Hi Beth. What can I do for you?

Her: I was looking on your old computer for that program you used to do the pictures and ads and I cant find it. Where is it?

Me: You mean Photoshop? Well, that was my software. I removed it and all the other software I installed on the computer before I left.

Her: Why?

Me: Well, I thought you would want the computer returned to what it was before I started working there. Besides, I was the only one using it.

Her: I see. Well, I was wondering, could you stop by and put it back?

Me: I dont know. That software cost me $700 (a slight exaggeration) I guess I could do it but I would need to be paid for it.

Her: Okay, how much do you think you would need?

Me: I guess $300 would be fair for my time and the software.

cue crickets

Her: Okay. Let me talk to my husband about that.

I've been kept abreast of their situation from a former co-worker. Their waterfront mega mansion is in foreclosure and they have been reduced to driving leased cars. Three hundred dollars may as well be three million dollars for them.

What a great way to start the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 1411/01/2013

Why are you even offering help? Tell her to buy and install her own software. Also, screen her calls.

by Anonymousreply 111/01/2013

if she doesn't even know what its called, there's no way she is going to be able to actually use it. ask her if she knows how before you take time to install it. chances are she'll be calling you a million more times asking questions.

by Anonymousreply 211/01/2013

[quote] Her, his second wife and much younger than him.

Oh fucking dear

by Anonymousreply 311/01/2013

I'm not offering her help. I knew she would balk at the price so thats why I put that number out there. But, should she actually come up with the money, (cash) hell, I'll do it. But I'm pretty sure she wont. Had she called my cell I would not have picked up but she called me at work and managed to navigate the directory to get to me. She has called my cell in the past and I never picked up, so I met her passive aggressive tactic with one of my own.

by Anonymousreply 411/01/2013

Karma's a bitch, and she knows how to slap around other bitches. Enjoy the good feelings, OP, it sounds like you earned them.

R2 makes a good point. If you install the program, and especially if she pays you for it, you will be flooded with phone calls for help.

by Anonymousreply 511/01/2013

Unless you need them as a job reference, I would clearly not get involved. However, a neutral stance would be for you to find the program on Amazon and tell the woman the price went down to such and such and send her on her way.

by Anonymousreply 611/01/2013

They will be first in line for welfare, food stamps, medicaid....everything I am sure they smugly trash talked about when they were riding high...now they probably feel entitled to it...dorks

by Anonymousreply 711/01/2013

[quote]chances are she'll be calling you a million more times asking questions.

Exactly. She used to call me at all hours of the night with questions while on her Facebook and coke binges. That's why I put out there a number that I know for her is exorbitant.

by Anonymousreply 811/01/2013

[quote]Unless you need them as a job reference, I would clearly not get involved.

Thank gawd I dont. I have a great job now and besides, their reputations is so bad, using them as a reference would not help me.

[quote]They will be first in line for welfare, food stamps, medicaid

Oh, they already are! Somehow he managed to get social security checks for him, his wife and their child. They collect $3000 plus a month from the government already.

by Anonymousreply 911/01/2013

[quote] Somehow he managed to get social security checks for him, his wife and their child. They collect $3000 plus a month from the government already.

God, I hope this isn't true.

It reminds me of a guy a friend of mine married. He was a right wing whack job who thought everyone who needed assistance was just lazy. He recently filed for bankruptcy and hasn't paid my friend a cent in child support in the last decade. He's a deadbeat.

by Anonymousreply 1011/01/2013

I'm afraid it is true R10. I'm still friendly with their former office manager and she was the one who told me that. The checks are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their gifting.

by Anonymousreply 1111/01/2013

OP, with all that information make sure you get cash from her and not a personal check!

by Anonymousreply 1211/01/2013

OP - are you buying her a new Photoshop , or are you just installing it on her computer from your copy? Don't let her know that it's illegal to do that.

by Anonymousreply 1311/01/2013

[quote]On the day of Obama's first inauguration they flew the flag outside their building upside down.

OH MARY!!!!! I knew of a freeper who flew his flag at half-mast and vowed to so every day until Obama was arrested, impeached or assassinated. Freepers are some of the biggest drama queens out there.

[quote]She was a former pole dancer who once she became too old and too fat for the job found Jesus.

I cant tell you how many times I have seen that. Not pole dancers, but people who led crazy, wild hedonistic lives and once they get to old for it, suddenly turn to Jebus. In its self, I don't care. What annoys me is they try to chastise and shame people who are doing the same things they once did. Its as if they are saying, "if I cant have fun, no one else can."

by Anonymousreply 1411/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.