Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Shots fired at LAX; multiple causalities; suspect in custody.

Never a dull moment.

by Anonymousreply 711/01/2013

I hope the shooter's 2nd amendement rights were not violated in his capture!

by Anonymousreply 111/01/2013

What? NSA Failed again? What's the spying really for?

by Anonymousreply 211/01/2013

A TSA has been killed.

Guns again...

by Anonymousreply 311/01/2013

There are reports of a shooting incident Friday morning at Los Angeles International Airport. The most recent reports suggest one shooter who is in custody, but that is not confirmed. NBC News reports one fatality, a TSA officer.

Inside LAX terminal, possibly the gun used laying on ground in front of guard. — Alien Guru Deva (@AlienGurudeva) November 1, 2013 According to those at the scene, shots were fired in LAX's Virgin Airlines terminal, Terminal 3. Two witnesses report that the shooter had a rifle. (The image at right isn't confirmed, but it comports with other on-scene photos.) Several news outlets indicate that the shooting took place at the document checkpoint before security. The Los Angeles Times reports a witness statement saying that the shooter was a young white male.

The airport has confirmed that a suspect is in custody. The Atlantic's Marc Ambinder reports that the shooter is speaking with law enforcement.

NBC's Pete Williams reports that one TSA agent is dead and another wounded. The NBC affiliate says that a 45 year-old man and 29 year-old were taken to the hospital. One eyewitness indicates that there were eight to ten shots fired, but that is disputed. Social media reports that a former government official is among those injured are false.

LAX shooting: 1 TSA agent has been shot and a suspect has been wounded according to sources. — L.A. Times: L.A. Now (@LANow) November 1, 2013 The Times got an incredible story from an eyewitness, who spoke with the wounded TSA agent.

The [agent], told him, “I got shot, I’m fine.” He told passengers not to worry about him and that he had been shot before, Adamick said. The location

After the gunfire broke out, passengers had little choice but to run out to the tarmac.

t When gunfire broke out there was a stampede people, all of us hiding under seats we didn't fit under, we burst through the door to outside. — Bill Reiter (@foxsportsreiter) November 1, 2013 First came the gunfire. Then people including me hiding our seats. It felt very Columbine. A new kind of fear, at least for me — Bill Reiter (@foxsportsreiter) November 1, 2013 The airport confirmed the incident, and that it began at 9:30 a.m. Pacific, 12:30 Eastern. Arriving flights are landing, but no flights are departing the airport.

by Anonymousreply 411/01/2013

Latest, the suspect is an off duty TSA!

by Anonymousreply 511/01/2013

All the people who used to work at the post office got jobs with the TSA.

They should update the term to "Going Metal".

by Anonymousreply 611/01/2013

OP. There were casualties but no causalities. Repeat after me, "There were casualties," etc.

by Anonymousreply 711/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!