Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gwyneth Paltrow On Her Critics: "Who Gives A Sh*t?"

Gwyneth Paltrow has reached the point where she could not care less what her detractors think of her – a defiance she punctuates with expletives several times in a frank new interview.

"The older I get, I realize it doesn't matter what people who don't know you think. It doesn't matter. You're wasting your energy," PEOPLE's 2013 Most Beautiful Woman tells the British magazine Red's December issue.

"It's like, if your partner comes to you – or your best friend – and says, 'Listen, I want to talk about something you did that hurt me, or I think you could improve,' sit down and listen to what they have to say. But some friend of so-and–sos – it's like, who gives a s---?"

The Oscar winner's comments come in the wake of reports that Vanity Fair is preparing to publish an unflattering profile of the actress.

It's just gossip, says Paltrow, 41. "That's why I really don't read anything," she tells Red. "If it's important, it filters down to me."

Paltrow also hits out at women who judge other women. "Nobody else can tell [a woman] how many hours a week she needs to devote to this, that or the other … F--- what anybody else says … It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. That's what we've got to let go of. That idea of 'Oh god, if I don't show up to this concert, all the other mums are going to think I'm terrible.' Well, so f---ing what."

The actress says she gives everything to her kids when she's with them, and everything to her career when she's not.

"That's my work/life balance," she says. "I've made it work for me, but it doesn't matter what my specific thing is … It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It matters what you think of yourself. And what your children think … So if anyone is going to ask my advice, I'd say, do what is right for you, and don't give a s--- what anyone else thinks."

Asked if she might have more children with husband Chris Martin, the mother of two – Apple, 9, and Moses, 7 – says it's pretty unlikely, partly because she's getting her baby fix with her brother's new infant.

Also, she adds, "I'm feeling at such a comfortable point in my life right now, like I'm starting another chapter. Like today I was sitting in the bathroom with Moses, and I was like, 'Oh my God, I'm so glad he can wipe his own ass.' I'm so glad I don't have to do that any more. I don't know if I could go all the way back."

And speaking of kids, Paltrow says she planning on taking them back to live in London after her current stay in Los Angeles.

"I don't want [Apple and Moses] to be teenagers in LA. No way," she says. "I'm looking at this like two years, three years tops, then we will go back. It's part of my parenting philosophy that children should get the opportunity to reinvent themselves at a few points in their childhood to see where their strengths and weaknesses lie and to experience living in different cultures … It's an experiment. We'll see."

by Miareply 8102/10/2014

Well..not everyone can jet back to London to raise their kids in privilege. But there IS a lot of truth in what the old beyotch says.

by Miareply 111/01/2013

Poor, poor Gwyneth, the subject of harsh criticism, and only her wealth and privilege to comfort her.

by Miareply 211/01/2013

Oh Goop. Get a fucking life. The rest of us have to, why not you?

by Miareply 311/01/2013

I'm taking her advice: I'm not giving a fuck what she says.

by Miareply 411/01/2013

Well I hear that

by Miareply 511/01/2013

One of Goop's problems is that she frames her opinions as advilve. It makes her sound supercilious.

by Miareply 611/01/2013

Yet she puts herself out there in the public begging people to admire her AND has chosen to work in a profession that relies on what people think of her.

Bitch doth protest too much.

by Miareply 711/01/2013

She still works?

by Miareply 811/01/2013

Her cursing proves that she's angry. And she wouldn't be angry if she truly didn't care.

by Miareply 911/01/2013

R6, "advilve"? Is that a pill?

by Miareply 1011/01/2013

That cunt knows she gives a shit or she wouldn't have cared that Vanity Fair was writing a cover story on her.

by Miareply 1111/01/2013

Please. She was being very specific. She was talking about the "work/life balance" and how women have to negotiate having a family, a career,and a marriage, etc.

She acknowledged that women often felt pressured by other people's expectations, and guilted about not "being there" for the kids, and she said she finally got over that, and doesn't give a shit what people think.

Her whole thing is, who are they to judge. She used the example of being judged a bad mom if you have to miss your kid's recital. She said when she's with her kids, she gives them 100%, and she does the same when she's working.

She said the whole "work/life balance" thing is really what works for you, and not other people's expectations or definitions. I happen to agree with her. I think people put extra stress on themselves by attempting to live up to other people's expectations.

by Miareply 1211/01/2013

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth, Gywnnie? Not that Blythe would *want* a kiss from you.

by Miareply 1311/01/2013

I'm sort of liking her more now.

by Miareply 1411/01/2013

[quote]She said the whole "work/life balance" thing is really what works for you, and not other people's expectations or definitions

Who is this bitch to talk? She doesn't work and when she does she has the means to have her kids nearby or with a nanny. I think the point is that this bitch has no business discussing this issue AT ALL.

by Miareply 1511/01/2013

Goopy is criticized for being a pretentious cunt. Who in the media has ever criticized her parenting style? She is deflecting.

by Miareply 1611/01/2013

I want her life!!!

by Miareply 1811/01/2013

[quote]"I don't want [Apple and Moses] to be teenagers in LA. No way," she says. "I'm looking at this like two years, three years tops, then we will go back. It's part of my parenting philosophy that children should get the opportunity to reinvent themselves at a few points in their childhood to see where their strengths and weaknesses lie and to experience living in different cultures … It's an experiment. We'll see."

Translation: I'm in LA for two or three years, and if I can't get my career going by then I'll have the kids to use as an excuse when we return to London.

by Miareply 1911/01/2013

No translation needed, R19. Anyone with more than one brain cell would see that being the offspring of two celebrity parents could, based on lots of historical examples, make for a rough adolescence in LA.

by Miareply 2011/01/2013

"Please. She was being very specific. She was talking about the "work/life balance" and how women have to negotiate having a family, a career,and a marriage, etc."

No, you "please." No women go through this other than entitled white American fraus looking for an excuse to quit working and start the process of driving their husbands into an early grave with their double SUV payment Mommy-Nazi-ing, which model of "motherhood" (where you never see the nannies) GOOP has perfected. Women everywhere else in the world manage to make a living, raise children and maintain relationships all without acting like they deserve an Academy Award for--gasp!--managing to get through a normal day. She's a multimillionaire, all the real work in her life is done by servents, and she would kill for some of that "work" she's claiming to be guilt-tripped about, if only anybody would hire her old box-office poison ass. I really wish you frauen would take your hero worship of this cunt and follow her off the nearest cliff.

by Miareply 2111/01/2013

I'll tell you who gives a shit: SHE DOES.

Why else would someone who never passes up an opportunity to bash America, hightail it back to LA when it becomes crystal clear that the Iron Man franchise is the only thing keeping her career afloat? If she doesn't give a shit, why would she care if Vanity Fair planned on doing an article on her?

And I seriously doubt someone so lacking in self-awareness would EVER waste their time listening to a partner or friend who felt slighted/hurt by their actions. The bitch thinks she's above reproach, which makes it strange that she would use an analogy that implies she's open to constructive criticism from those close to her.

by Miareply 2211/01/2013

[quote]"That's why I really don't read anything," she tells Red. "If it's important, it filters down to me."

That's the same philosophy George W. Bush had.

He was a moron too.

by Miareply 2311/01/2013

Her whole GOOP bullshit is targeted specifically at fraus who DO care and want to impress each other. Gwynie is talking out of her ass, as usual.

by Miareply 2411/01/2013

I want to lick her vagina and suck on her deflated titties.

by Miareply 2511/01/2013

I should have given her to God when she was born!!!

by Miareply 2611/01/2013

[quote]Who Gives A Sh*t?

She does.

Gwyneth sounds like the kind of person who would lose sleep over not being loved by everyone.

by Miareply 2711/01/2013

I like her, too. She seemed lots of fun on the Spain travel documentary.

by Miareply 2811/01/2013

"children should get the opportunity to reinvent themselves at a few points in their childhood."

Maybe that's her rationale for not spending time with them.

by Miareply 2911/01/2013

poor Gwyneth, no one will ever understand her and know her needs like daddy did

by Miareply 3011/01/2013

Why is she constantly giving interviews? She has no movie to promote. Her stupid cookbook came out months ago. She can't give it a rest for more than a second?

Maybe if she would disappear every once in a while, people wouldn't criticize her.

It's just that she's always THERE, saying or doing some stupid shit. Never going away, even though it's obvious by the state of her career, nobody wants her.

by Miareply 3311/01/2013

[R23] Yup, old Georgie, reduced to sucking on a pacifier and finger painting.

by Miareply 3511/01/2013

R34 How old are you? Lol. You write like a child. Maybe you are.

by Miareply 3611/01/2013

This is the first time in years that I've read something about Goop that makes me like her more, not less.

by Miareply 3711/01/2013

She's raising kids [R33], something you've never had to do.

It is not uncommon for mothers of young children to cut back on work to be with their children.

Yeah, right. Her kids are school age. If studios were hiring she'd jump at the chance. Her career hasn't been hot since 1999.

And I don't know what being a mother has to do with constant famewhoring.

by Miareply 3911/01/2013

Interesting piece about mass Gwyneth hatred.

by Miareply 4011/01/2013

R38 You are very stupid. Turn off your computer and rethink your life.

by Miareply 4111/01/2013

R38, you said that exact phrase in three other threads tonight. What is wrong with you? Are you suffering from writer's block or are you just a stupid, witless boy?

by Miareply 4311/01/2013

R32/R38,R42.

I hope Goop pays you by the word.

by Miareply 4411/01/2013

I don't hate her, I think she actually very funny.

by Miareply 4511/01/2013

R43 What in frau heaven are you talking about? And why are you referencing your own post about flyover fashion and "LMFAO"? Get a grip, fraucunt.

by Miareply 4611/01/2013

R47 You are very stupid. Turn off your computer and rethink your life.

by Miareply 4811/02/2013

THE ice princess strikes again.

by Miareply 4911/02/2013

My goodness, I *do* get a kick out of these ridiculous media fabrications about me! I mean, please: me? Get ... "mad"? Sigh. Don't you know anger is for plebeians?

Really, you should have known this article was a fraud as soon as you read the insinuation that *I* would wipe my child's arse! I don't even wipe *my* bum; that's Nguyen's job.

Namaste.

by Miareply 5011/02/2013

R21 = Red Dragon Cheese Queen

by Miareply 5111/02/2013

R51, another meaningless punk in DataLounge with Cheetos breath.

by Miareply 5211/02/2013

Wow! DataLounge is cool and so am I! Hey, are there any more Cheetos, mommie?

by Miareply 5311/02/2013

Why is R36/R41 in every thread robotically telling posters they "write like a child" and to "turn off your computer and rethink your life?" Very creepy and dull witted.

by Miareply 5411/02/2013

I agree R54, I've been saying the same thing today.

by Miareply 5511/02/2013

i think the hatred of some people towards her stems from jealousy.

i actually like her - living her life exactly the way she wants it and able to speak her mind out.

by Miareply 5611/02/2013

Oh, please. She cares. Or else she would not have felt the need to respond. A simple "no comment" to the press' inquiries about the upcoming Vanity Fair piece would have made me believe her.

by Miareply 5711/02/2013

I don't hate Gwyneth. To be honest, when she first came onto the scene I was a huge fan (Seven, Emma, Hard 8, Talented Mr. Ripley, Shakespeare in Love, Great Expectations, Sliding Doors, A Perfect Murder...).

However, she comes across as a vapid cunt these days and it's just hard to take her seriously. It also doesn't help that she's actually gotten worse as an actress.

by Miareply 5811/02/2013

Fuck Vanity Fair. They made her relevant again.

by Miareply 5911/02/2013

Iron Man 17 (or whatever the fuck it was) is not a Gwyneth Paltrow movie. I'll bet the comicon fanbois don't even notice her. I wonder if they could spell her first name?

by Miareply 6011/02/2013

Narcissistic Personality Disorder poster child.

by Miareply 6111/02/2013

Comicon fanbois?

You are really over extending yourself.

by Miareply 6211/02/2013

I'm getting out of Gwynneth Hating, it's become too mainstream.

Hell, it's become an industry!

by Miareply 6311/02/2013

Given the fact that more people hate on Goop than useless idiots like Chris Brown, Miley Cyrus or Kim Kardashian I'll say celebrity culture and peoples taste has hit an all time low.

by Miareply 6411/02/2013

huh? r64 the threads on those cunts are huge

by Miareply 6511/02/2013

Wow. She really is freaked out about this Vanity Fair piece. I wonder if it's going to include her affair with the Glee writer/producer?

"OH I NEVER READ ANY GOSSIP! WHO GIVES A SHIT? IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY THINK!"

Well, at least she sticks with the classics. Absolute, utter bullshit from ol' Goopy. Her obvious panic is becoming quite enjoyable.

by Miareply 6611/02/2013

NONE OF WHAT HAS BEEN SAID comes close to the weirdness of her sitting in the bathroom with a seven year old son. Where was she sitting ewwwww, where was he sitting? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww

by Miareply 6711/02/2013

That phony, stupid, pretentious, deluded, self-important cunt is now 41 and with each passing year, she's becoming less and less relevant. Has she really developed, even evolved as an actress? No. Does she have star power and charisma? No. Is she smart and brave enough to gain 50 pounds to play those "Shelley Winters" parts as she ages? No, and she doesn't even have the talent pull that off. She's turning into a relic.

by Miareply 6811/03/2013

Makes a lot of sense to me. Most people would benefit by adopting that philosophy.

by Miareply 7211/04/2013

"Is she smart and brave enough to gain 50 pounds to play those "Shelley Winters" parts as she ages?"

She doesn't have enough of a common touch to pull that off. If she wants to keep acting into her old age, she'd be better off keeping the eating disorder and playing upper-crust bitch roles.

by Miareply 7311/04/2013

I agree [R-73] but I think her ego is so gargantuan that she would never play "upper-crust bitch roles." Aside from not having the talent, those types of roles are usually supporting, not leads. If she's lucky, she'll age gracefully like her mother, yet I doubt it. She'll be a wrinkled up, sagging, dried up bag of bones scrambling for the next "mother" role to an A-list movie star.

by Miareply 7411/06/2013

[quote]she'd be better off keeping the eating disorder and playing upper-crust bitch roles.

You expect her to take the roles her mother turns down?

by Miareply 7511/06/2013

So the VF profile has been cancelled. The ice queen wins again.

by Miareply 7602/09/2014

"So the VF profile has been cancelled. The ice queen wins again."

MOSES: As usual, she has the last word.

APPLE: Does she?....... Does she?

by Miareply 7702/09/2014

It took her until she was 20 to wipe her own ass.

by Miareply 7802/09/2014

She's a bitch, but she really shouldn't care.

by Miareply 7902/09/2014

If she didn't care she wouldn't bother commenting so often about how much she doesn't care.

by Miareply 8002/09/2014

R69 = The sole member of the Gwneyth Fan Club.

by Miareply 8102/10/2014
Need more help? Click Here.