Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Morrissey Walked Out on a First Date After the Man Ordered Meat

What a douche.

by M. Stipereply 4311/01/2013

Who was crazy enough to go out with Morrisey?

by M. Stipereply 111/01/2013

Has he ever been relevant? No. He's also was a cowardly closet case for years. Completely repulsive and unimportant.

by M. Stipereply 211/01/2013

He'd be one of those friends who drops by, smokes all your weed, eats half your food, falls asleep on your couch, and farts repeatedly.

by M. Stipereply 311/01/2013

What a douchy rude thing to do. People eat meat in this world. If he was THAT particular about not dating a meat eater i.e. dealbreaker, he should have brought that up before they ever went out. OR, at least not "walked out" on the date. I mean, just be polite and finish the date but don't have a repeat.

by M. Stipereply 411/01/2013

Look at me! Look at me! Focus on me!

by M. Stipereply 511/01/2013

What R1 said.

by M. Stipereply 611/01/2013

He looks like an over-fed badger.

by M. Stipereply 711/01/2013

Lets be fair; Morrissey has a 30 year history of anti-meat activism.

His date may as well have brought the royal family with him and spent their night trashing The Smiths.

by M. Stipereply 811/01/2013

Johnny Marr, who was the guitarist for The Smiths (and co-wrote a lot of their songs) is far more talented, a better singer IMO, and a nice guy too. Saw him perform last night and he's amazing. Hung out with him at am after party as well - it was his birthday. Such a nice guy. I highly recommend checking him out if he's playing near you on this tour.

by M. Stipereply 911/01/2013

[quote]He's also was a cowardly closet case for years.

Have you never heard The Smith's music? He didn't need to come out, it was all right there in the lyrics. One would have to be pretty dense not to notice it.

by M. Stipereply 1011/01/2013

That part of the story goes with the other part, where the meat eater follows him home and stays for two years.

by M. Stipereply 1111/01/2013

R9 Johnny Marr is who made The Smiths what they are. He was the one who provided the hook. When I think about why certain songs are my favorites, its always because of the guitaring. "Big Mouth Strikes Again" is a fucking fantastic song, but its not the lyrics, its what Marr is putting out there.

by M. Stipereply 1211/01/2013

Marr is useless without Morrissey and viceversa. It was their chemistry that made The Smiths. Neither's solo work comes close to what they did together.

by M. Stipereply 1311/01/2013

Not only that, R1, they were together for two years.

by M. Stipereply 1411/01/2013

R9, Jonny Marr didn't co-write The Smiths songs, he wrote The Smiths songs. All Morrissey did was add the lyrics and occasionally maybe try and hum some melodies that Jonny Marr would make music out of.

R10, Morrissey claims not to be homosexual but humasexual and his autobiography, which I've not read but read about, details relationships with women as well as with men.

In any case, what is up with his health? He has some serious shit.

by M. Stipereply 1511/01/2013

Ha, ha! OP forgot to tell us what happened afterwards.

From the link:

"He obviously understood my sudden exit, and he had been curious enough to follow me home. He steps inside and he stays for two years."

by M. Stipereply 1611/01/2013

[quote]Marr is useless without Morrissey

The The, The Pet Shop Boys, The Talking Heads, Billy Brag, Oasis, Beck, Pearl Jam, Crowded House, Modest Mouse, Brian Ferry, Chrissie Hynde would tend to disagree.

by M. Stipereply 1711/01/2013

[quote]The The, The Pet Shop Boys, The Talking Heads, Billy Brag, Oasis, Beck, Pearl Jam, Crowded House, Modest Mouse, Brian Ferry, Chrissie Hynde would tend to disagree.

All sounded just as they did without Marr.

by M. Stipereply 1811/01/2013

Again R9, if they didn't want him to play on their records, they wouldn't have asked him, so clearly they felt differently. And after all, how they fell is what counts.

How many bands have asked you to be a guest musician?

by M. Stipereply 1911/01/2013

how they feel*

by M. Stipereply 2011/01/2013

I didn't walk out on a date with a "man," I walked out on a date with a "human!"

by M. Stipereply 2111/01/2013

I would never go out with a man who ate meat. But I would have asked first before the date started.

by M. Stipereply 2211/01/2013

By the same token, most omnivores know what self-righteous douchebags they're encountering within the first few lines of conversation; vegetarians and vegans broadcast their status.

by M. Stipereply 2311/01/2013

[quote]I would never go out with a man who ate meat. But I would have asked first before the date started.

I won't go out with a vegan or vegetarian. Too anal for my taste.

by M. Stipereply 2411/01/2013

If you're not into eating meat, are you really a gay man?

by M. Stipereply 2511/01/2013

Being a vegan or vegetarian is a way to feel superior to others without actually achieving anything. Many view meat eaters as less than human, or monstrous.

But that's just projection because most vegans feel like aliens themselves.

by M. Stipereply 2611/01/2013

Morrissey is going to be a very sick man if he remains a vegan. It is not a viable lifestyle. He will develop osteoporosis, anemia, and perhaps even go blind. maybe not next year, but guaranteed in fifteen to twenty years.

There are no healthy decade-long vegans out there. And the ones who say they are sneak in some meat or dairy and are frauds.

by M. Stipereply 2711/01/2013

I don't eat red meat that often but I love it once in awhile. I would not likely date a vegetarian, either. If I want the occasional filet mignon or burger, I don't want some silently judgmental pair of eyes staring at me. And I would not want to have to worry about what I made for dinner to accommodate a "special diet" in that regard. But I would not "walk out on a date," that's pretty certain.

by M. Stipereply 2811/01/2013

R27, the healthiest people in the world are vegans. You are truly a disturbed human being.

by M. Stipereply 2911/01/2013

R29, give me evidence.

by M. Stipereply 3011/01/2013

I' sorry, but I have never met a healthy looking vegan. Or even one that wasn't chubby or obese. And if they are thin, they look gaunt, old, and sickly.

I know, I'm "damaged" for having an opinion.

Stop with the stupid vegan superiority bullshit and accomplish something real.

by M. Stipereply 3111/01/2013

If he's been with both men and women, he is indeed bisexual. I don't know why he add to add that bullshit 'huma' to the mix - what an attention hor.

by M. Stipereply 3211/01/2013

Jesus, I would never go out with anyone who"would never go out" with someone based on eating preferences. How fucking annoying, controlling, self serving and pretentious.

by M. Stipereply 3311/01/2013

[quote]Morrissey is going to be a very sick man if he remains a vegan. It is not a viable lifestyle. He will develop osteoporosis, anemia, and perhaps even go blind. maybe not next year, but guaranteed in fifteen to twenty years.

[quote]There are no healthy decade-long vegans out there. And the ones who say they are sneak in some meat or dairy and are frauds.

Oh, you again, Ted Nugent. There is simply no medical evidence to support this science-free hyperbole. Food is food, and animal-free food most certainly can and does provide adequate nutrition.

by M. Stipereply 3411/01/2013

He sang on an album called Meat Is Murder. It's essentially like being on a date with George Zimmerman in his mind. Why would he stay?

by M. Stipereply 3511/01/2013

[quote]Marr is useless without Morrissey

You're nuts. I agree with R9 and R12.

by M. Stipereply 3611/01/2013

Johnny Marr fans, check out The Last Shadow Puppets. Good stuff. Too bad they broke up. :/

by M. Stipereply 3711/01/2013

Morrissey truly is the Rupert Everett of "Provocative" has-been musicians.

by M. Stipereply 3811/01/2013

People who eat meat smell funny. If you eat meat, your senses are most likely a little dull and you will reject what I am saying, but that doesn't change the fact. It's a heavy, funky, roasted, poo smell. They're sweatier too. I am vegan and a weightlifter. With some research into supplementation, regular feasting and pumping iron, I look great. At this point, I wouldn't eat pussy that eats meat. But that's me. As for Morrissey, what do you expect?

by M. Stipereply 3911/01/2013

And you are the "provocative" Rupert Everett of weight-lifting, vegan, gay gossip board stalking, pussy eaters, R39.

How much more hyphenated could you possibly be? Are you handi-capable?

by M. Stipereply 4011/01/2013

R39, your post is useless without photos..

by M. Stipereply 4111/01/2013

Vegans can be absolutely unhealthy.

I don't eat animal products often (two/three times a month, at most), choosing instead to supplement with a high quality B12 supplement. I follow the plant-based teachings of Esselstyn, McDougall, Barnard, Fuhrman, Rich Roll, Freston, Novick, etc. Many of them try to distance their health-conscious teachings from vegetarianism primarily because it is obvious that it is more of a sanctimonious ideological stance. Vegans and vegetarians live off oil-laden baked goods, mock meats, and other processed garbage and have similar mortality rates to omnivores.

I encourage those who are interested to read up about plant-based eating or watch YouTube lectures from many of the doctors and nutritionists I mentioned. The movement has been growing considerably within the past few years. While it's true that no long-lived civilization has ever been entirely vegan, there is quite a bit of reputable science backing up the benefits of whole foods, starch-centered diets low in fat & animal products and high in micronutrients.

Don't let douchebags like PETA and Morrissey make you want to eat more animal products out of sheer defiance. That used to be me.

After going plant-strong, I feel the most energetic and vibrant I've ever felt in my life. It turned my health around completely. I've fallen in love with the simplicity and versatility of the foods. Most importantly, you CAN be strong. I don't obsess over protein shakes anymore, and just eat a shit ton of whole plant foods whenever I feel my body needs it. The sooner you realize that it's PRIMARILY hard work that builds muscle and not protein or "complete proteins" or whatever supplement you think will make you stronger, the happier you'll be.

by M. Stipereply 4211/01/2013

So I guess he's hummusexual now

by M. Stipereply 4311/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.