Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What are somethings and movies that Datalounge does not seem to care for?

I noticed not many people here is excited for Catching Fire the movie, because I posted several threads over the past few months and every one of them flopped. I guess it's the age gap. I probably wouldn't like to watch 20 year olds when I get to be 60 either.

by Anonymousreply 510/31/2013

'I probably wouldn't like to watch 20 year olds when I get to be 60 either.'

Were your other threads as snarky as this one? No wonder they flopped.

by Anonymousreply 110/31/2013

A movie aimed at 14 year old girls is unlikely to be a high priority with middle-aged gay men.

by Anonymousreply 210/31/2013

I responded to several Catching Fire threads, but they didn't exactly, well, catch fire. There were just too many threads at once. If there had been only one, perhaps it would have received traction. You should try one closer to the opening and call it the "Official Thread" or some such thing.

I think part of it is Jennifer Lawrence hate not so much Hunger Games hate. There were plenty of popular threads about the first film here.

My only interest in Catching Fire is Sam Claflin who plays Finnick.

by Anonymousreply 310/31/2013

Will Liam Hemsworth be keeping his mouth shut and removing his shirt, OP? That's the only thing of worth a 20-something has to offer me.

by Anonymousreply 410/31/2013

OP, honestly: what exactly is there to talk about? I say that as someone who *likes* Jennifer Lawrence btw, and also liked the first "Hunger Games" movie. If you've read the books, you already know exactly what will happen. (It's for this reason that I never understood the insane fandom for "Harry Potter," "Twilight" or "The Lord of the Rings," either.) If not, you've probably figured out the basics of the sequel from the trailers.

If anything, I'm more looking forward to seeing her in the new "X-Men" movie next year.

by Anonymousreply 510/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!