Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What prejudice have you overcome?

I used to have a lot of contempt for illegally-here Hispanics. But I moved to Texas and saw how they work their asses off and they're not unkind like a lot of people. They're humble about their station in life and they often act servile towards me, a white guy, so that really made me re-evaluate my crappy attitude.

I don't support total amnesty, but I feel positive about Hispanics.

by Anonymousreply 10712/14/2014

[quote] They're humble about their station in life and they often act servile towards me, a white guy, so that really made me re-evaluate my crappy attitude.

So basically, because they were subservient to you, they're ok now?

I've read some really crappy stories on Datalounge over the years, but this one takes the cake.

The entitlement and superiority that you are floating on, is just seething from your post.

Your subject should read:

***BREAKING NEWS: WHITE GUY SOFTENS ON HISPANICS AFTER THEY WAIT ON HIM HAND AND FOOT!***

This is really what your post is about, no?

by Anonymousreply 110/31/2013

The fucking Irish. Sure, I used to look down on their faux happiness, their endless bragging about connections to semi-powerful people, and their willingness to steal cable.

But then a cousin's cousin (they married into my family) got a DUI on his way to his job as a fireman and another cousin's cousin got a DUI coming back from his stint at the Police Academy. Both were found guilty and had to undergo treatment and suspension of driving privileges.

My faith in my government was restored. The bragging stopped. I was no longer the only DUI in the family. It warmed my heart.

I now love the Irish - especially since I've learned they're not all needle-dicked.

by Anonymousreply 310/31/2013

OP You do realize that there are different types of Hispanic communities in the United States? Not all Hispanic communities are like what you described. Some illegal Hispanics are pretty racist towards whites and blacks.

by Anonymousreply 410/31/2013

R1, unclench. Save the vitriol for people who *still* think illegal immigrants are "lazy." OP certainly spoke poorly when he referenced Hispanics acting "servile," but it's nevertheless true -- not that this is remotely a good thing -- that immigrants who can't obtain a green card generally can't work "legally," period. Yes, obviously there are countless employers who either hire Hispanic immigrants on what amounts to a "don't ask, don't tell" basis (and usually pay them subpar wages under the table), and others who know full well that immigrants are putting fake Social Security numbers on their mandatory I-9 forms and looking the other way, even though the penalties for employers who hire illegal immigrants can be stiff. Consequently, many immigrants have no choice but to work in the service industry, whether it's picking fruit or mopping floors at Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 511/01/2013

Op=Ted Cruz

by Anonymousreply 611/01/2013

Well OP, I used to be intolerant of trolls, but sometimes they keep things lively.

by Anonymousreply 711/01/2013

The hispanics in my city are in all the key service jobs. I look for Asians, Blacks, Native Americans and Whites at these jobs, but they are rare.

I've seen hispanics make fun of other ethnics in front of whites. Of course I know it's because so many feel inferior to whites. That's part of the culture south of the border. It's ingrained.

But there are always exceptions to the rule. Some are the most kind-hearted people. Somehow, they overcame the racism. And they inspire me to be like that as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 811/01/2013

[quote]they often act servile towards me, a white guy, so that really made me re-evaluate my crappy attitude.

This shows you retain, rather than overcame, a great deal of prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 1011/01/2013

I have lived on the border for 30 years and agree that Mexicans are good people.

I don't like Christians and will always be prejudice against them. I can tolerate them until they get in your face about their fucking Jesus. I will brush off a few attempts to share their christ with me and then when they don't get the message, trust me, they are shocked by my flipping out at them.```````````````````````````````````

by Anonymousreply 1111/01/2013

[quote] I've seen hispanics make fun of other ethnics in front of whites. Of course I know it's because so many feel inferior to whites. That's part of the culture south of the border. It's ingrained.

Filipinos and Indians are the same way. This attitude seems to be prevalent in many non-white societies.

East Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) cultures are the same way as well, but have a different inferiority complex.

White skin and features are prized and treasured in these cultures, driving many to skin bleaching creams, etc. For East Asians, it's the eyelid surgery and nose jobs.

As long as the global media and magazines promote white features as the standard of beauty, nothing will change.

by Anonymousreply 1311/01/2013

R12 = factory owner near the Mexican border.

He can't deal with having to pay fair wages to the "uppity" black people who apply from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 1411/01/2013

I used to not be attracted to Asian guys, but while stationed in Asia for a year, I came to realize how hot they can be.

I've also tried to abandon my prejudices concerning femme gay guys. In the past I'd avoid them like the plague, but now I realize how counterproductive it is to foster divisions in the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 1511/01/2013

It's just that they look so fat and dirty.

by Anonymousreply 1611/01/2013

[quote]They don't have a chip on their shoulders, like most of the blacks that I encounter.

This thread is going to end in tears.

You obviously have not met a lot of blacks.

by Anonymousreply 1811/01/2013

[quote]I have lived on the border for 30 years and agree that Mexicans are good people. I don't like Christians and will always be prejudice against them.

Just to clarify: you've lived on the border for 30 years and still haven't figured out that Mexicans are 90% Catholic? (still as Christian a religion as it gets)

by Anonymousreply 2011/01/2013

EARRINGS

CAFTANS

by Anonymousreply 2111/01/2013

[R20] You fucking idiot ! I have many Mexican friends and neighbors. I have never ever once been hit on my a Mexican about their god damn religion. I have many black friends, right here in my neighborhood that attend a local wacko black church, not once have any of them hit on my about their fucking religion. A few, have hit on me for sex.

It is always the white evangelical so called jesus freaks that think it is their mission to save others.

It's not about your religion, it's about you trying to stick your fucking religion in my face. I don't care what you do in private.

by Anonymousreply 2211/01/2013

Amen, R22.

by Anonymousreply 2311/01/2013

R11 R22 You are very stupid. Turn off your computer and rethink your life.

by Anonymousreply 2411/01/2013

R23 Please join R22

by Anonymousreply 2511/01/2013

I was prejudiced against butterscotch pudding, now I'm not.

I will now consider hiring an hispanic pool boy who is hung.

by Anonymousreply 2611/01/2013

I just don't like to be touched by those people, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 2711/01/2013

Agree OP. If I we have to have illegals, I would much rather they be hispanic than muslim. At least their values are similar to ours. You can call yourself an atheist, but if you were born and raised in the US, you live according to Judeo-Christian values because they are ingrained in our culture. Say what you want about catholics, but they are not going to be setting off any bombs at the next Boston marathon.

by Anonymousreply 2811/01/2013

[R24] [R25]

Exactly why I hate christians. The Romans had the right idea, bring on the lions.

by Anonymousreply 2911/01/2013

I'm not crazy about Hispanics, I have had bad experiences with them.

At least with Blacks they aren't trying to kiss my ass. Hispanics always seem to be kissing my ass because I'm white, and I can't respect that in people. They don't know that I realize that it's because I'm white, but I do.

by Anonymousreply 3011/01/2013

Must be National Brotherhood Week!

by Anonymousreply 3111/01/2013

I'm an atheist, R29. I just can't stand stupid people (like you); religion is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 3211/01/2013

I hated illegal drugs until I fell in love with someone who did them and I learned to be more tolerant (but I still don't do them).

by Anonymousreply 3311/01/2013

[quote]I used to have a lot of contempt for illegally-here Hispanics.

Why, because they wanted the same life you have? Not everyone is privileged enough to be born in a country with food. I'm so glad I don't know anyone like you. Where do you cunts come from, because I've never met anyone like you and other queens on this board!

by Anonymousreply 3411/01/2013

I used to think Hispanics were a bigger problem than blacks.

by Anonymousreply 3511/01/2013

[quote]Just to clarify: you've lived on the border for 30 years and still haven't figured out that Mexicans are 90% Catholic? (still as Christian a religion as it gets)

Catholicism as practiced by Mexicans is different. See: syncretism

by Anonymousreply 3611/01/2013

I've finally gotten over my prejudice that fat people are disgusting.

KIDDING!

by Anonymousreply 3711/01/2013

I love the hispanics. My cleaning lady is awesome, we call her Ana- the Salvadorean Tornado! She even takes all my old cast offs. Love her! The food is good too!

by Anonymousreply 3811/01/2013

I eat Thai food now. I never got the appeal of Pad Thai, but I was recently captured and taken to a Thai restaurant, where I was blindfolded and only able to point. My finger landed on Pineapple Chicken Curry, and it was delicious. I ordered a "7" hotness-wise, and it was nice and hot.

by Anonymousreply 3911/01/2013

I've spent some time in south Asia, the Middle East, and Turkey, and find moderate, secularized Muslims to be great fun, open minded, cultured and hospitable. Held hostage by fundie right-wing idiots who pervert the religion to their own ends. Kind of like America.

by Anonymousreply 4111/01/2013

Oh, yes, another thread that exhibits the racist white queens that dominates DL. What I find most fascinating are the posters that start off by listing their favorite "ethnics" like candy preference (e.g., "I like the Asians because they are so sweet and courteous."), but then follow this with a sweet, little caveat about how terrible those other ethnics are in comparison -- and it's always black people that are the most awful, sounding no different than Ann Coulter or any other race-bating right-winger at Fox News.

It just goes to show how white supremacy is not just an ideology embraced by right-wingers. One can't help but get a tinge of white nationalism in the way many here have differentiated people of color as if there's something non-American and "foreign" about them and their culture. I'm sure many posting in this very thread are dye-in-the-wool Democrats, and would gasp at the thought of someone pegging them as right-wingers. However, race tends to be the one thing that exposes the racists true nature here at DL.

by Anonymousreply 4211/01/2013

I don't think I was ever prejudice. Could you not be prejudice or am I prejudice of "something" and not aware of it. Is it natural human behavior to be prejudice against something?

by Anonymousreply 4311/01/2013

I live in the Northeast, and while the Latino service workers here often work a lot of hours, the quality of their work isn't that good and neither are their attitudes to many non-whites. They are indeed servile to white people, but pretty rude to blacks and Asians in particular. It's a very craven kind of hustlerish attitude of bowing and scraping and putting on a show that appeals to white ego and prejudices. But hey--they've played you pretty well, so good for them.

by Anonymousreply 4411/01/2013

I ADORE Latinos!

I want to pat each of them on the head and give them a shiny quarter!

by Anonymousreply 4511/01/2013

R45 that is exactly what I meant. I find it repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 4611/01/2013

I don't call them Beaners anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4711/01/2013

Since most of the posts here are in consensus that everybody hates 'black' people,is it any wonder why racism still exists! As I so called 'black' person,I have no problem with immigrants-just don't think your color makes you better than me. Racists like George Zimmerman, who think they have the right to judge black people when he would be viewed as just another 'spic' were it not for his white father.

by Anonymousreply 4811/01/2013

I still hate fat people...I can't seem to get over it.

by Anonymousreply 4911/01/2013

R49, he is still just another spic. It's just that he did something most whites wish they could do. But hes still just a spic, dont get confused.

by Anonymousreply 5011/01/2013

I was raised by two huge bigots. My mother used the N word up until she died at 82 a few years ago. I'm sure my father remained a bigot up until he died, but I cut him out of my life after I graduated high school since he was an abusive stereotypical Irish American drunk.

When I came out, I quickly realized that if I wanted people to accept me for who I was, I needed to do the same. I grew up in a very segregated town near Boston. I didn't meet any African Americans until I started working in my late teens.

I can remember one of my supervisors asking me if I liked "dark meat" because I was always friendly with the black women I worked with.

My younger sister used to go on and on about illegals. I shut her up good when I started researching the family when my mother was ill. I found out that none of our grandparents ever were American citizens and I started calling our parents "anchor babies."

by Anonymousreply 5111/01/2013

Having met many a dignified, thoughtful African, I've learned not to be prejudiced against black people, just African-Americans.

by Anonymousreply 5211/01/2013

It's funny. I've always prided myself in not being prejudiced, always thought of myself as a lberal/left person, politically. So I was surprised to discover that I had a real bias against Muslims.

I walk on past, and I respond with a smile, if engaged, but I don't like to be around them. I realize this is a terrible attitude, and it's not rational. I'm working to overcome it. I would never support anything hateful or oppressive towards anyone.

But on a personal level, a I just don't want to be around them, and this makes me feel terrible. I know it is wrong to be this way.

by Anonymousreply 5311/01/2013

It's built in our dna to be prejudice, part of surviving. The one prejudice I still have is being around muslems. I've been around them outside the US and their attitude towards me (I'm female) was very intimidating and insulting. They have some very seriously negative issues regarding women.

by Anonymousreply 5411/01/2013

Since the Bush years, I have developed a prejudice against republicans and especially tea partiers.

by Anonymousreply 5511/01/2013

Question and statement. For those that don't like Blacks, if Blacks were perfect did not commit crime, welfare etc. Would there still be a problem? I think there will best

See I think Blacks will never have respect because we allowed ourselves to be slaves.

by Anonymousreply 5611/01/2013

r57, at least you aren't a muslim woman.

by Anonymousreply 5711/01/2013

[quote]See I think Blacks will never have respect because we allowed ourselves to be slaves.

I don't think it is a lack of respect as much as a lack of trust. It's based on the violence that is so prevent in the black community. JMO.

by Anonymousreply 5811/01/2013

What about the illiteracy apparently so "prevent" among the "prejudice" whites.

R57, there isn't a group on earth that hasn't "allowed" itself to be enslaved. But perhaps the self-loathing you seem to suffer only encourages low-intelligence whites like r59 to feel that you will be susceptible to their condescension.

by Anonymousreply 5911/01/2013

True R59 there is much violence although White violence isn't publicized it does happen. The majority will protect itself from airing its mis deeds

But the point is that what was the problem with Blacks before gangs, welfare, Affirmative Action etc. Because there has always been one

by Anonymousreply 6111/01/2013

[quote]But the point is that what was the problem with Blacks before gangs, welfare, Affirmative Action etc. Because there has always been one

Good point. I really don't know that answer to that nor do I have a solution.

The main reason I am against the death penalty is because society judges minorities much harsher than whites.

by Anonymousreply 6211/01/2013

I'm Black, not a huge fan of Latinos and Asians because of the sucking up to whites that they do constantly, which has been mentioned in the thread. And part of their sucking up to whites is exhibiting condescending attitudes towards Blacks, so it just strikes me as pathetic.

I don't have a problem with whites, but I'm very careful about which whites I let into my life because I've been burned before.

I've never, ever, for one second believed that whites were somehow innately superior to me. That's just absurd. Sadly, I believe that deep down, some other ethnicities truly do believe that, which is why they are more accepted and why they are so rude to blacks, as a way to "join the club." It's pretty fucked. It shows their own self-loathing and further solidifies white supremacy.

by Anonymousreply 6311/01/2013

'Blacks' are not born inherently violent-you can't talk about the reaction to prejudice with talking about the cause. It's amazing how racists can compartmentalize blacks when it come to justifying their racism-"I hate blacks but I love their cooking/music,etc" "Blacks are unattractive" but yet their are so many black biracial people so someone must find us attractive! "blacks are violent" but yet white have to problem with black women raising/suckling their children. That's why I pay to attention to these people professing to hate blacks people without justification-it's all a crock and these nation would collapse if every black person left it. Black folks are this country's moral center and racists know it!

by Anonymousreply 6411/01/2013

It's because you are one, R50. And that's why you were a slavish follower to that ugly dude with the harelip and the prostitutes. Because you were a lonely fat kid, and you followed him around like his faithful puppy, and even compromised you career by becoming a force for evil. And now you hate all fatties. But you still need to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 6611/01/2013

"low-intelligence whites"

r60, are you denying that there is a ridiculously high rate of violent crime committed by young black males?

by Anonymousreply 6711/01/2013

R71 You are very stupid. Turn off your computer and rethink your life.

by Anonymousreply 6811/01/2013

R71 Newtown, Columbine Aurora? Why is that when Whites committ crimes its nuture but when blacks do crimes its nature. Should young white males be profiled?

by Anonymousreply 6911/01/2013

R73 actually does have a good point...

And one could argue that the ruthlessness historically shown by white people, in their quest for power, proves that they have no room to dismiss anyone as a natural-born criminal.

by Anonymousreply 7011/01/2013

Just so you guys know...Whites, Asians, and Latinos are mind-controlled by the same govt. psychotronic systems via smartphones, celltowers, and satellites. Black are on a separated system to discourage them from integrating into mainstream society because it fuels the overall Liberal agenda.

by Anonymousreply 7111/01/2013

Why is it that white people who can live anywhere, travel anywhere, do anything, eat anything, listen to any music they want and behave in any manner they see fit are considered individuals, who are never asked to defend their choices (based on race), or take responsibility for every other member of their race, yet everyone else is classified as a group -- Asians, Hispanics/Latinos, Blacks, Native Americans, etc. -- who are supposed to somehow answer for the poor behavior of other members of their race? No one ever assumes that ALL white people behave like Honey Boo Boo's family, or like Donald Trump, or Ann Coulter, or Queen Elizabeth... People who don't understand their privilege are as willfully ignorant as any (blatant) racist.

by Anonymousreply 7211/01/2013

I used to look down on flaming homosexuals.

But I think we'd all be living in the closet without them.

Besides, they crack me up now. I guess I'm more secure in my masculinity than I was in my teens and 20s.

by Anonymousreply 7311/01/2013

(R67)Black folks are this country's moral center and racists know it! LMAO off on this one.

by Anonymousreply 7411/02/2013

Yeah R61, comments don't get any more foolish than the one you just made.

by Anonymousreply 7511/02/2013

R68 has written that EXACT SAME comment on 3 different threads. What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7611/02/2013

Wow, R80, I really affected you deeply. Hope your blood pressure isn't dangerously high.

by Anonymousreply 7711/02/2013

So r78-whites who created and deployed the nuclear bomb,created the Holocaust to burn in ovens and murder millions people their own skin color,shoot up scores of places full of innocent people while being armed to the teeth,make up the majority of serial killers and pedophiles (Jerry Sandusky and the mass cover up to protect other white males,allowing the abuse to go on for years for years)-are you saying that white people are?

Ha! At least black people have been prejudiced because of their skin color-white males have no such excuse of their abominable behavior.

I rest my case unless you have something more ridiculous to add? But I think I've made my point.

by Anonymousreply 7811/02/2013

Ummmm....something ridiculous to add? Let me think.

Idi Amin Ugandan mass murderer of his people, Rwanda genocide of the Tutsis, the war of Haiti against the Dominican Republic....shall I go on?

by Anonymousreply 7911/02/2013

In summary, there are both evil and good people of all races and we all have prejudices.

by Anonymousreply 8011/02/2013

Except for the Swiss. The Swiss are perfect in every way.

by Anonymousreply 8111/02/2013

Please do,r83-but try to come up with a real excuse for white people's depravity when there is no possible reason or explaination for their continued destruction of other races as well as their own-indeed, the destruction of the planet! And I stand by my point that blacks are the moral center of this country,if not the world!

by Anonymousreply 8211/02/2013

More for r83-the Congo Free State massacre from which Belgium derived most of its wealth from the forced labor and murders of millions of indigenous people:

by Anonymousreply 8311/02/2013

R83 didn't quite understand the meaning of "What prejudice have you OVERCOME", apparently.

She is a white supremacist frau with a hair-trigger temper.

by Anonymousreply 8411/02/2013

If R88 had put away his makeup long enough to read R82s post, he would understand my response. But he is a very silly, dismissible highpitched wank.

by Anonymousreply 8511/02/2013

R89 Racist homophobe

by Anonymousreply 8611/02/2013

[quote]I don't think it is a lack of respect as much as a lack of trust. It's based on the violence that is so prevent in the black community. JMO.

I wrote this and I was projecting. I have been thinking about it a lot since posting it.

Halloween day there was a guy who was shot in his car a block away from my house. I was kind of jumpy all day.

The last of the trick or treaters rang the bell around 8:45. I opened the door and there were about 5 black teenagers trick or treating. For an instant I felt fear. They were great kids and turned out to be my favorite trick or treaters of the night.

It really bothers me that I felt fear. I often times think about how much more difficult black people have it in the US and I don't want to be a part of the problem.

I am thinking I need to get to know more African Americans, maybe through volunteer work.

by Anonymousreply 8711/02/2013

R11 is going straight to hell

by Anonymousreply 8811/02/2013

R37 gave the most representative answer on this board.

by Anonymousreply 9212/14/2014

Living in NYC, I used to hate most gay men I met.

I'm gay, but everyone I met would just talk about fancy clothes, apartments, trips, etc. There was just so much showing off.

As I grew older I realized that this was just a way of dealing with low self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 9412/14/2014

I haven't, and I don't care too.

by Anonymousreply 9512/14/2014

I still hate people like R95, so I haven't either.

by Anonymousreply 9612/14/2014

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

by Anonymousreply 9712/14/2014

I used to hate white people because my grandmother was raped and murdered by the Klan in Georgia.

My parents used to tell us the only good whites are the Jews.

by Anonymousreply 9812/14/2014

I used to be scared of the dick, now I throw lips to the shit and handle it like a real bitch.

by Anonymousreply 9912/14/2014

I hate the Swiss. Because they are perfect in every way. I hate that.

by Anonymousreply 10012/14/2014

I don't understand the obsession with fining the people who are getting amnesty. What is the point of that? Why bother?

by Anonymousreply 10112/14/2014

It's sad to see the hatred that exists for minorities even with already marginalized groups.

by Anonymousreply 10212/14/2014

I no longer hate kikes, nips, chinks, spics, porch monkies, hebs, deigos, or sand nigg@rs.

by Anonymousreply 10312/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.