Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DL faves and infamous dress for is wrong with these people?

Matt Lauer

by Anonymousreply 1010/31/2013

this made me laugh

Chelsea Handler posted this on Twitter on Oct. 26, 2013, with the caption, "My Halloween costume. Pregnant and excited about it."

by Anonymousreply 110/31/2013

I don't think that's what you meant to link OP.

by Anonymousreply 210/31/2013

Thanks R2.

oops, here is Matt

actually he has nice legs

by Anonymousreply 310/31/2013

OP, can you tell us more about the controversy surrounding the implementation of four-year contracts for North Carolina's teachers? I'm intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 410/31/2013

Sir Patrick Stewart, ladies and gentlemen.

by Anonymousreply 510/31/2013

R4 that would be another thread and it is indeed a sad story.

Those not in education may think the rise of charter schools, the development of a Common Core curriculum, and the increasing influence of large donors and for profit school models mean great things for our students.

During these tough economic times, schools are increasingly adopting a business model powered by an influx of money from various sources.

One of the main thrusts of this initiative has been to destroy teachers' unions and organizations, erode contracts and replace public schools with charter schools and hybrids.

There is so much more to this, but it isn't only about how teachers are affected. More importantly, students are increasingly being taught only content that appears on high stakes test. The results of which are used to evaluate teachers as well as schools. In many urban systems, this means closing schools and allowing charter schools to take their place. Schools which need not follow all the mandates of public schools, nor hire qualified staff.

The link below is a one stop site for all the issues swirling right now in public education in our country. It is a crisis.

by Anonymousreply 610/31/2013

Why is r4 posting here?

by Anonymousreply 710/31/2013

Because of OP's link, R7.

by Anonymousreply 810/31/2013

I guess R4 is interested in the link I mistakenly posted. I addressed R4 s query. I apologize for hijacking my own thread.

Back to Halloween

Sandra Bullock and son Louis

by Anonymousreply 910/31/2013

I was being sarcastic, OP, but you're a sweetie for accommodating me.

by Anonymousreply 1010/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!