Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rob Ford is going down finally -- Police have video of Mayor smoking crack and then some...

I was wondering what became of this case. The police have recovered a video that allegedly shows him smoking crack. Apparently, his dealer has been accused of blackmailing him. This article says the police have ground and aerial surveillance of meetings between Ford and the dealer. Wow.

Toronto Police have recovered the video that appears to show Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine, Toronto police Chief Bill Blair said Thursday .

“The video files depict images that are consistent with what has previously been reported” in the media, Blair said at a news conference on the heels of a release of documents used by police to obtain search warrants during their summer investigation.

“I have no reason to resign,” Ford said at a raucous 2:30 p.m. press conference despite calls from several councillors for him to step down.

He said he would continue returning phone calls. Under a barrage of shouted questions from reporters, he left within two minutes. “I wish I could defend myself, unfortunately I can’t because it’s before the courts right now,” was his first statement.

Ford has since May refused to comment on the video “that I have never seen or does not exist.”

Blair also said alleged drug dealer and Ford friend Alexander “Sandro” Lisi, 35, was arrested Thursday morning and has been charged with extortion

The Star earlier reported that Lisi, who was arrested Oct. 1 on drug charges, was involved in attempts to recover the video.

Ford himself has been the target of a police investigation that witnessed and photographed him in months of on-the-ground and airplane surveillance taking part in meetings with Lisi, according to the documents, released on orders of Superior Court Justice Ian Nordheimer.

Only half of the 500 pages have been released. The other half will be the subject of legal arguments to be submitted by Nov. 8.

Blair told reporters they recovered two videos from a computer hard drive on Oct. 29 that are relevant to their investigation. At least one will eventually be presented in court. The Star has been told by sources that the 90-second video its reporters saw was an edited version of the original.

“It’s safe to say the mayor does appear in the video,” Blair told reporters.

Blair said he has seen the video. His reaction? “As a citizen of the city, I am disappointed.” The files had been deleted but were recovered by police. There is no indication that the video was doctored, Blair said.

Based on the video, Blair said, there is nothing now that would support laying a criminal charge against Ford.

Ford emerged from his home around 9:45 a.m. Thursday morning and walked toward waiting reporters and photographers yelling “Get off my driveway” repeatedly before getting into his SUV and driving away.

The details of an extensive police investigation into Ford’s drug activities come six months after two Toronto Star reporters saw a video showing the mayor, obviously impaired, smoking what appears to be crack cocaine and making homophobic and racist slurs.

In a heavily censored portion of the document, police said that the day after the world learned news of the video that appeared to show Ford smoking crack cocaine, top homicide detective Sgt. Gary Giroux was assigned to “investigate the existence of a cellular phone containing a video of Ford smoking crack cocaine.”

The search warrant documents contain allegations that have not been tested in court. The only charges laid in the matter involve Lisi and dry cleaner Jamshid Bahrami, who were swept up in the Oct. 1 raid.

“We continue to gather information,” when asked if the probe was still ongoing, Blair said. In the hour after news broke about the video, Lisi feverishly worked his phone, calling an alleged Dixon gang member and a resident of the now notorious 15 Windsor Rd. drug house where Ford was photographed with Anthony Smith, Monir Kassim and Mohammad Khattak.

Three copies of that photograph appeared in documents, described as information to obtain (ITO) a warrant.

(more at link)

by Anonymousreply 10011/16/2013

OP he said he has no reason to resign.

by Anonymousreply 110/31/2013

He's the most interesting thing that ever happened in Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 210/31/2013

Rob Ford says he has nothing to warrant resignation

by Anonymousreply 310/31/2013

Crack? Why would I be doing crack- I'm a wealthy woman? Crack is whack!

by Anonymousreply 410/31/2013

Canada seems really white trash in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 510/31/2013

Yay, they have the video of the sleazebag smoking crack. Kick him out.

I agree, R5 - Canada is now gross. It is no longer the land of Bliss Carmen and Leonard Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 710/31/2013

ugh, I mean. CarmAn. Bliss Carman.

by Anonymousreply 810/31/2013

Canada is not gross. Anyone can make a mayor-choosing faux pas every now and then.

Toronto's next Mayor will be a gay friendly Asian woman with an astigmatism.

by Anonymousreply 910/31/2013

Show me the receipts, Diane. Show me the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 1010/31/2013

Who is that, R9? Jack Layton's wife?

by Anonymousreply 1110/31/2013

It's not that he's an addict, it's that he's a gangster.

by Anonymousreply 1210/31/2013

Next mayor will probably be a hit man with a pistol in his belt and alligator boots.

by Anonymousreply 1410/31/2013

All four Toronto dailies, even the always supportive Toronto Sun, are calling for his resignation.

by Anonymousreply 1610/31/2013

The video also shows him sucking on a glass pipe and saying 'Justin Trudeau is a fag!'

by Anonymousreply 1710/31/2013

Oh, we have a Canadian freeper or a Rob Ford shill at R13/R15.

by Anonymousreply 1810/31/2013

Olivia Chow, come on down!

by Anonymousreply 1910/31/2013

Olivia Chow would be horrible in a different way, think: David Miller 2.0. Karen Stinz I think I could get behind.

by Anonymousreply 2010/31/2013

Surely that gig pays enough that he could afford better drugs than crack.

by Anonymousreply 2110/31/2013

[quote] Surely that gig pays enough that he could afford better drugs than crack.

He's the people's mayor!

by Anonymousreply 2210/31/2013

If this doesn't bring him down, what will? He cracks down on Graffiti artists, while he's breaking the law and covering it up? He's such a hypocrite. He needs to get the fuck out office.

by Anonymousreply 2310/31/2013

All the news shows keep showing this guy humiliated and being peppered by new reporters. I mean, I know politicians, and public servants volunteer for this stuff when they fuck up, but I feel nothing but pity for this guy. He's an addict and is in over his head, his life is utter turmoil. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 2410/31/2013

R24, agreed, but he's in a position of significant power. He's arrogant in his assumption that the rules don't apply to him. Of course its sad and he's clearly a lost person, but the fact that powerful people continue to get away with lying and law breaking is unacceptable, on principle.

by Anonymousreply 2510/31/2013

Bitch set him UP!

by Anonymousreply 2610/31/2013

I *WOULD* fell pity for him except that he has had multiple chances to bow out quietly and get his shit together. Think of what he's putting his wife and children through. His stubbornness is cruel to others.

What irks me is his conservative defenders showing their true colours. He has reigned in spending and kept property taxes low... so he could be a child molesting Nazi for all they care. As long as taxes are low, he their guy.

by Anonymousreply 2710/31/2013

Crack is cheap. Crack is whack.

by Anonymousreply 2810/31/2013

Who are the assholes who think it's OK for a mayor to smoke crack?

by Anonymousreply 2910/31/2013

Right r25 he was MAYOR! in CANADA! I mean, there's power and then there's.....being a mayor.....in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 3010/31/2013

R30 You are an ignorant asshat if you think being the Mayor of a city as wealthy and populated as Toronto is not an influental and significant job.

by Anonymousreply 3111/01/2013

I make way too much money to ever smoke crack. Crack is whack!

by Anonymousreply 3211/01/2013

r25, this goes way beyond his own personal substance abuse issues.

I say that as someone who felt the Star was being unprofessional and petty in the majority of its coverage.

If they really wanted to do their job, they'd hire someone to look at the arrest/sentencing records of the gang involved.

It's long be rumoured here that Ford is not the only prominent person going into the hood for a fix. In fact, some people feel that's the real reason he hasn't been ousted by now.

by Anonymousreply 3611/01/2013

Ford lawyer has released a statement saying Ford wants the cops to release the video.

And it will show Ford smoking, but smoking TOBACCO

And you can't prove otherwise.

And life will go on for the Mayor and Toronto

The lawyer's words.

by Anonymousreply 3711/01/2013

OMG R37 I heard that this morning too. What an idiot. Never mind the horrible optics of smoking "tobacco" from a crack pipe, but what about the racist and homophobic slurs he's recorded saying?

by Anonymousreply 3811/01/2013

At last. Something interesting out of Canada

by Anonymousreply 4011/01/2013

Why aren't other politicians speaking out against him yet? There should be a chorus of pressure asking him to resign. If Clinton got impeached for a blow job, Ford's constant affiliation with city criminals makes him unfit for his position.

by Anonymousreply 4111/01/2013

I thought he was a douche before the crack allegation, now he's a double douche.

How do these ass hats get elected?

by Anonymousreply 4211/01/2013

No r31, I am far from being ignorant, or an asshat, but even though I am aware of Toronto's size, it isn't as big an influence in the US, and since this story has been dragging on for about a year already, the crucifixion just gave me a moment of empathy. You can look that word up, if you need to.

by Anonymousreply 4311/01/2013

I hope the second video shows the Mayor dancing the hully-gully.

by Anonymousreply 4411/01/2013

He is clearly organized-crime affiliated, R42. The election was bought. You know that happens...right?

by Anonymousreply 4511/01/2013

Why couldn't this have been Bush, or Cheney?

by Anonymousreply 4711/01/2013

r42, lower middle class white people elected him. Some conservative immigrants also voted for him because his opponent was gay (and out), and more liberal.

They call his voter base "Ford Nation" and it's akin to a NASCAR dad voting block.

by Anonymousreply 4811/02/2013

Well, he just gave TO the finger on his radio show today.

He admitted "mistakes" but refused to be specific and said he has issues, but he'll deal with it himself. He wanted the Chief to release the video.

The ball's in Blair's court now.

by Anonymousreply 4911/03/2013

They can't release the video. It's evidence. He knows this. This damages Canada's reputation. Definitely Toronto's. So fucking sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 5011/03/2013

I agree he can't release it, but I think the Chief needs to respond to Ford's request.

If Blair had any balls, he'd go after all the prominent white people (alleged) to be doing the same thing as Ford.

I've often wondered if the whole Traveler operation was to put away anyone who could incriminate the larger drug operation.

Everyone knows Dixon has been a tragic mess for thirty years-now they're raiding it? The whole thing smells worse than Cheryl's snatch.

by Anonymousreply 5111/03/2013

R50 unfortunately Etobicoke and Scarborough are solidly behind Ford, and he will win again with his 44% approval rating.

by Anonymousreply 5211/03/2013

Isn't there something about him and how someone in the video was killed?

by Anonymousreply 5311/03/2013

r53 one of the men depicted next to the Mayor, with his arms around him in the Gawker still shot, was later murdered.

The conspiracy crew up here is having fun with that one.

by Anonymousreply 5411/03/2013

They all forget half the reason we're stuck with that fat right wing moron is the 'he's got great hair' left wing moron who preceded him. It was a backlash vote.

I doubt he'll win again. The early polling shows, oddly, Ford Nation is hanging strong in their support of him, yet 80% think he should resign. Everybody's a bit leery of the sideshow, even enough of Ford Nation to make a change. If a suitable centre or centre right moderate comes along, he'd be defeated.

If he runs again but realistically, he's going to fuck up again. It's what he does. It's entertaining. Toronto, in it's parochial way, lumbers along in spite of all our political masters. The whole thing is irrelevant, as are the successors to it.

by Anonymousreply 5511/03/2013

He is ugly as sin, that's for sure. Those teeth.

by Anonymousreply 5611/04/2013

Ford admits smoking crack in a "drunken stupor"

by Anonymousreply 5711/05/2013

R57, who among us HASN'T smoke crack while in a drunken stupor?

by Anonymousreply 5911/05/2013

r45 is absolutely right.

Apparently the Chief's brother works for an associate of Lisi's (Romeo di Battista), who owned a recycling company.

An Italian in the garbage business. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 6011/06/2013

The last time I can think of ANY news coming out of Canada was when Barbra Streisand dated Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 6111/06/2013

I don't know anything about his politics. I do know that he has alluded to being extremely drunk during this incident and other times when he was merely very drunk.

His morbid obesity and the above incidents kind of point to someone with addictions and or an addictive personality.

You have to ask yourself if he is fit for public office. I do not know the answer, but perhaps not. He certainly looks like a mess- makes Christy look healthy.

As I said, I know nothing of his politics relative to Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 6211/06/2013

[quote]INSIDE SCOOP ON FORD release Friday: video #2 is real (prostitution) + the mayor has accepted bribes got the scoop from an insider at city hall. this is why he admitted to the crack smoking: the judge that allowed the removal of the redaction today.

There is a second video in the TPS possession that Blair knew about.

by Anonymousreply 6311/06/2013

So he's with a hooker in tape 2?

by Anonymousreply 6411/06/2013

r64, it will be interesting to see who it is. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

There are a few bodies tied to this case. One of them is a missing woman who was alleged to be a 'physiotherapist' to a man connected to the case at a house Ford frequented.

It's not the sex, it's the bribery, especially if it involves police. Blair is already in conflict, but if the allegation is true, he's in deep shit.

by Anonymousreply 6511/06/2013

Ford is now admitting that he bought drugs in the last 2 years...so much for "maybe I did it once in a drunken stupor."

by Anonymousreply 6611/13/2013

He kind of looks like what I would have imagined a Cabbage Patch doll would look like after it had grown up.

by Anonymousreply 6711/13/2013

It's pretty obvious, he's got addiction problems.

by Anonymousreply 6811/13/2013

So did George Smitherman r68, but you didn't see the unsavory characters around him.

It's not about the addiction per se.

by Anonymousreply 6911/14/2013

The latest rumours flying around Toronto say that the police secretly have something much bigger on him that could send him behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 7011/14/2013

R70 again. I meant to ad, does anyone know if there is truth to this?

by Anonymousreply 7111/14/2013

A couple of days ago, I heard that the unreleased video shows him high as a kite while known gangsters wave guns around his head. No idea how true this is, so take it with a grain of salt.

If he ever gets arrested, he will be killed before he ever gets to testify. He's way too connected to Toronto mafia to be let off teh hook so easily.

by Anonymousreply 7211/15/2013

[quote]The latest rumours flying around Toronto say that the police secretly have something much bigger on him that could send him behind bars.

I bet it involves illegally downloading.

by Anonymousreply 7311/15/2013

r15 - drugs are illegal. But with Rob Ford's theory, if I break the law I will try to use his method in front of a judge and see if it gets me anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 7411/15/2013

I heard it had something to do with extortion charges.

Also, the persistent rumors about his ties to the murder of the man he was photographed with, who was believed to be in possession of the now infamous video, are going to come back to the surface.

by Anonymousreply 7511/15/2013

I don't think his heart can take much more of this. I'll be surprised if he lives for another year if he doesn't clean up his act.

by Anonymousreply 7611/15/2013

My brother is not an addict. I know, because I am one.

by Anonymousreply 7711/15/2013

Speaking of his family, I haven't really paid attention to the details. What was it that his mother was saying about his problems? Was it only that he was fat and needed to lose wight?

Did she even acknowledge the drugs?

by Anonymousreply 7811/15/2013

weight*

by Anonymousreply 7911/15/2013

She was running late for her Enablers Anonymous meeting.

by Anonymousreply 8011/15/2013

And now Sun TV has given him his own TV show. This is Canada's version of Fox news.

by Anonymousreply 8111/15/2013

The man is obviously a pothead, and isn't fit to be Mayor!

by Anonymousreply 8211/15/2013

[quote]Why should I care if he smokes crack? It's not as if he's going to sell the city for a rock.

You want a drug attic leading your city? You're whacked as someone smoking crack.

by Anonymousreply 8311/15/2013

[quote]You want a drug attic leading your city?

She's in the addict! She's in the addict!

by Anonymousreply 8411/15/2013

Anyone else hope this guy goes crazy-eight bonkers and takes hostages at city hall so Enrico Colantoni and the SRU team shows up and Hugh Dillon has to take him down. And Gregory Smith and Travis Milne are hostages and Ford makes take off of their clothes and make out?

by Anonymousreply 8511/15/2013

I miss Chris Farley.

by Anonymousreply 8611/15/2013

I know you do, David.

by Anonymousreply 8711/15/2013

"I have enough pussy to eat at home."

by Anonymousreply 8811/15/2013

Wait, which addiction are we talking about? Overeating, alcohol, drugs or bullying?

by Anonymousreply 8911/15/2013

Hard to believe he's only 44. If he got his act together, he could be a cute daddy-type, but right now, he's kind of a mess.

by Anonymousreply 9011/15/2013

this story just keeps on giving!

by Anonymousreply 9111/15/2013

The missing woman associated with that house on Benway where Ford smoked crack is Jaclyn Dawe, and she's not a physiotherapist with quotes around her name, she apparently really IS a therapist. The Toronto Star reported that, in the Toronto Police files on the Ford case, they saw the owner of that house on Benway walking with a cane and had tremors. There's very little about Dawe online but it's speculated here and there that she was at Benway for physical therapy for the guy who owns that house, and there are rumors she was disappeared after seeing something she shouldn't have.

by Anonymousreply 9211/15/2013

More stories coming out, Rob Ford isn't going to be Mayor very long.

by Anonymousreply 9311/15/2013

His hick, sleazy behavior is serving to cover the organized crime ownership of the mayor's office of Toronto and beyond.

Toronto is now a global joke, Tampa of the North. So much for that smug, prissy, judgmental Canadian attitude about corrupt, trashy U.S. politicians.

I'm Canadian myself and think most Canadians are quite happy to overlook their narrow minded, provincial-ness, especially recently.

by Anonymousreply 9411/15/2013

does the "I have enough pussy to eat at home" exist on video?

by Anonymousreply 9511/15/2013

Mayor Rob Ford

Justin Beiber

God help us!

by Anonymousreply 9611/15/2013

Indeed it does, R95!

by Anonymousreply 9711/15/2013

Now does the autotuned dance remix of "I have enough pussy to eat at home" exist on video?

by Anonymousreply 9811/16/2013

I feel so bad for his wife. How humiliating. Is he loaded? I hope she takes him to the cleaners.

by Anonymousreply 9911/16/2013

" he's kind of a mess."

And 9/11 was an unpleasant accident.

"I feel so bad for his wife. How humiliating."

Yes, how humiliating to be such a dumb cunt as to marry Jabba the Hut.

by Anonymousreply 10011/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.