Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Omarosa and Bethenny Frankel fight over who is more famous, basically

Omarosa and Bethenny Frankel fight over who is more famous, basically

By Andrea Reiher | October 30, 2013 10:40 PM ET

Have you ever wanted to see two C-list reality TV stars fight on national television over, basically, who is more famous? Well, you're in luck.

We can't really do the above video justice, except to say that both Omarosa Manigault and Bethenny Frankel seem a little crazypants.

"You get to walk around and be mediocre and you still get rewarded with things. We have to be exceptional to get anything in this business," says Omarosa, in response to a discussion about white privilege being the reason for Frankel's success.

"I wasn't calling her mediocre, 'cause clearly she's doing well. ... But you don't stay a decade on television, in reality TV without being smart and creating a brand that people want to see. If the audience didn't want to see Omarosa, they would never book me again, which is why you booked me on your show today. ... There's something of value."

And then Omarosa tells Bethenny to accept her truth and says she wants to see if Bethenny's show is still on the air in a year.

"I appreciate you speaking your mind ... you're entitled to your opinion. ... I invited you here because -- I don't think that you have a brand, I think that you are infamous. I don't think you have a brand," says Frankel.

"Honey, you made cupcakes. I worked in the White House. I'm a strong business woman," Omarosa fires back.

This appearance should definitely help Frankel with her not-booking-big-name-guests problem.

by Anonymousreply 5011/02/2013

I bet this is what it must've been like watching the Lincoln-Douglas debates.

by Anonymousreply 110/31/2013

They're both cunts, but I'm glad Omarosa got in a good read.

by Anonymousreply 210/31/2013

WHAT? Omarosa is the cunt. She's been fired from every job she's ever had!

by Anonymousreply 310/31/2013

I feel like this was probably staged. It's no coincidence they booked Omarosa now that Bethenny's ratings are in the toilet and she's likely going to be cancelled. Omarosa thrives on negative publicity so the producers knew she'd be willing to piss Bethenny off and "go there".

If y'all remember, Omarosa got the party started when Wendy Williams' first season began several years ago, and it definitely didn't hurt the ratings. The Wendy-Omarosa fight seemed staged too, though it's an internet/youtube favorite.

Why ele would the producers book Omarosa if they know she and Bethenny don't get along? Obviously they were hoping or even staging for a fight. 3 years ago the 2 reality tv famewhores got into it. Omarosa even claims they used to be friends:

by Anonymousreply 410/31/2013

I just wish in the Bethenny clip they showed the whole segment. We don't know what led to Omarosa calling Bethenny "mediocre". I'm sure it didn't just happen randomly. Omarosa is rude but she's not stupid and doesn't attack someone for no reason. Neither woman is particularly likable, making it a fun argument, though it's likely staged as I said in my other post.

by Anonymousreply 510/31/2013

The really shocking part is that they said Omarossa was paid $10,000 for that 15 minute gig.

by Anonymousreply 610/31/2013

[quote]The Darfour Orphans

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 710/31/2013

[quote]Omarosa is rude but she's not stupid and doesn't attack someone for no reason.

I guess you never saw her first appearance on the Wendy Williams show. This bitch is planted on these talk shows to make headlines so people actually find out they exist! It worked for Wendy lol

by Anonymousreply 810/31/2013

Next week Bethenny has Guy Fieri and Camille Grammar smack each other around for a ratings grab.

by Anonymousreply 910/31/2013

It is all building to a caged death match between Bethenny and the Countess!

My money is on least she eats.

by Anonymousreply 1010/31/2013

People didn't care about Bethenny having Martha Stewart on, but this is getting people to talk. I think it will just be for a day, unless the show only invites negatively infamous guests.

Bethenny failed at getting Jill Zarin on the show, which is something she knows the viewers wanted to see.

by Anonymousreply 1110/31/2013

Here's what happened just before Omarosa called Bethenny mediocre. Bethenny started the argument and walked right into it:

by Anonymousreply 1210/31/2013

Any woman that watches this dreadful Frankel show should ask herself why she finds no value in herself. Trite, vulgar, pointless are the show's best moments.

It's about nothing by a nobody that portrays women as bitches for fucking.

by Anonymousreply 1310/31/2013

Did she try, R11? I can't believe Zarin would turn down an opportunity to be on television.

by Anonymousreply 1410/31/2013

Girls,'re both non-entities.

by Anonymousreply 1510/31/2013

Totally staged.

Bethenny is obviously desperate at this point.

by Anonymousreply 1610/31/2013

Maybe she should have hung onto that hot husband of her's instead of wasting time/energy on this bullshit.

Did she not have enough money?

Or was Martha Stewart correct in saying that Bethenny would do "anything" to be famous?

by Anonymousreply 1710/31/2013

I agree with Omarosa.

by Anonymousreply 1810/31/2013

I watched not even one minute, and I was on Omarosa's side.

She seemed sincere and coherent, and Bethenny immediately started throwing shade.

I'm a Bethenny supporter, but this is classic Bethenny. She just can't help herself, when it comes to throwing someone under the bus and then playing the victim.

Bethenny is all about Bethenny. Ask Jason, ask anyone who has ever had an extended relationship with her. She is incapable of being a decent person. She's like a caged animal, and once you get in the ring with her, she'll try to rip you to shreds.

Sad, but true.

by Anonymousreply 2010/31/2013

Bethenney needs to get a hobby

by Anonymousreply 2110/31/2013

R14 yes. 2 things made Jill say no. The first was that she knew Bethenny wasn't being sincere, and that she only reached out to her since the ratings were sucky. Jill didn't want a fake makeup session to boost ratings and then never hear from Bethenny again. The second thing is that Bethenny didn't personally call Jill to ask her-she had one of her people do it. I can understand that. If you have a personal relationship, there's no need to have an indirect phone call; I don't care how "big" you are.

by Anonymousreply 2210/31/2013

I've heard both names but I don't know who the fuck they are. Good luck, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 2310/31/2013

Does Bethenny still make money from the sale of Skinnygirl?

by Anonymousreply 2410/31/2013

R24 it's not certain. She sold the company a few years ago, but who knows if she still invests in it. All we know is she doesn't have to work again, ever. It won't matter if (mostly likely when) this show is cancelled.

Bethenny becoming a talk show host is all about her wanting more fame. She is set for life with money.

by Anonymousreply 2510/31/2013

I used to like Bethenny. Whether her marriage to Jason was real or not, she made a huge mistake in letting it end that way. Killed any "image" that she had before. That being said, I still don't get the point of her talk show. There is no real focus. Having all these z-list reality show guests? I figured she'd at least attempt to create a show similar to Dr. Oz.

by Anonymousreply 2610/31/2013

Who would write an article about this?

by Anonymousreply 2710/31/2013

[quote]She seemed sincere and coherent, and Bethenny immediately started throwing shade. I'm a Bethenny supporter, but this is classic Bethenny. She just can't help herself, when it comes to throwing someone under the bus and then playing the victim.

Having *not* seen the clip, I'll just say that it's impolite beyond fucking belief to go on someone ELSE'S talk show and not only tell her she doesn't deserve the job, but also play the race card and claim she's only there due to "white privilege." The subtext, of course, is the delusional belief that "poor Omarosa" hasn't been as successful as Bethenny because she's black, instead of the reality that a) Bethenny happened to come up with a product idea that appealed to babyfrauen, and effectively marketed it using both "The Real Housewives" and her two sequel series; and b) Omarosa is an unlikable cunt, regardless of skin color. Bethenny was ABSOLUTELY in her place to throw shade right back at her after Omarosa had the nerve to pull that shit on her. (And no, I don't think it was staged, at least to the extent of Bethenny knowing about it.)

I'll watch the clip now, but I hope Bethenny says something like, "Um, white privilege as a daytime talk show host? Have you ever heard the name 'Oprah Winfrey'?!?"

by Anonymousreply 2810/31/2013

Omarosa has a legitimate point about black people having to be exceptional to get noticed.

by Anonymousreply 2910/31/2013

The main thing Omarosa is "exceptional" about is being a cunt. Oh and being thrown out of Howard U (you have to be exceptionally stupid to be thrown out of a third-rate school).

by Anonymousreply 3010/31/2013

Say what you will about Omarosa, but she knows how to read a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3110/31/2013

Omarosa is a psychopath, and not in the DL way.

I saw this whole thing, hungover on my couch. Frankel was cool for a long time during the interview. Frankel is the kind of liar who knows when to tell the truth and how to play the nobility game.

Omarosa toasted herself, and Frankel paid ten grand for denying that she said that Omarosa's "brand" was being hateful.

Then she had one of her cocktails, on air. Frankel is a bitch and a ballbuster, but she was slagged on her own show in very unkind and probably slanderous ways. She could not even interrupt it. For ratings or not. Omarosa, now a pastor devoted to God, was more villainous than righteous.

A conversation between modern witches. It began when Omarosa claimed they were friends and Frankel said no, that they were on the Today show together once, five years ago...

by Anonymousreply 3210/31/2013

The video contradicts a number of details you provide, hungover.

by Anonymousreply 3310/31/2013

"A conversation between modern witches"

I love that line R32. Interesting overall analysis.

by Anonymousreply 3410/31/2013

[quote]I watched not even one minute, and I was on Omarosa's side. She seemed sincere and coherent, and Bethenny immediately started throwing shade.

Oh, honey. You must be terribly naive. The WORST bitches are the ones who "seem sincere" while they're busy stabbing you in the back, and that is exactly what happened here.

As for who started what, I saw the *whole* thing, not just "less than a minute," and here's what happened:

1. A while back Bethenny went on "The View," and for some reason Sherri Shepherd attempted to compare her to Omarosa. Bethenny, correctly, responded, "No, I have a *real* career." Considering she had, at that time, two NYT bestsellers and sold Skinnygirl to Diageo for a multimillion-dollar sum, it was completely fair that she took offense to Sherri's remark.

2. For some insane reason, Bethenny invited Omarosa onto her talk show. Since, clearly, it's been too long since she left "The Real Housewives," and she'd forgotten what it looks like when an evil beeyotch sets a trap for you to walk straight into, Omarosa launched straight into a tirade about Bethenny's comments about her.

3. Omarosa claimed that she has "a brand." Keep in mind that this is a woman who was formerly self-deluded to the point of believing she had achieved "first-name-only recognition," a la Madonna and Cher. After an undoubted series of embarrassing "Who?" conversations when booking restaurants and whatnot, she reverted to using her maiden last name. Anyway, Bethenny -- who DOES have a brand -- challenged Omarosa to define hers, and she could not, other than to state she is a "powerful African-American woman."

4. Bethenny, at one point, made the idiotic mistake of wagering Omarosa $10,000 that she did not use the phrase "a *real* career" to describe herself vis-a-vis Omarosa on "The View." This was, naturally, a trap, and Omarosa had the clip conveniently lined up on her iPhone, so Bethenny was forced on-air to admit it (and then own it).

5. As for Omarosa's remark about hoping to see Bethenny's show on in a year, the pathetic bitch couldn't even manage to come up with an *original* slam against a talk-show host:

"Omarosa then took a turn tearing into TV personality Claudia Jordan, an “Apprentice” rival, and talk host Piers Morgan.

“Piers was creepy,” she revealed. “He hung around and just watched all the time.” Morgan has an advisory role to Trump for the show’s current season.

O said when she sees his show canceled in a year it will be “the best revenge.”

by Anonymousreply 3510/31/2013

who won? it's hard to tell.

by Anonymousreply 3610/31/2013

Bethenny should have said "I made 120 million with my idea, you got rich stealing your dead fiancee's money."

by Anonymousreply 3710/31/2013

Omgrosa did the exact same thing on Wendy Williams, she picked a fight and they aired it all. Then she came back months later saying they had made up.

What real career does Omagrossa have? Oh yeah Spending Michael Clarke Duncan's money.

by Anonymousreply 3810/31/2013

R38, her career *is* reality TV. While you have to give her *some* credit for sheer tenacity in terms of the number and variety of shows she's whored herself out for, she literally has nothing else going for her, hence her recent ploy of "finding Jesus."

by Anonymousreply 4010/31/2013

"Girls! Girls! You're both bitches!

by Anonymousreply 4110/31/2013

Omarosa is not likable but she's entertaining. It doesn't bother me that she would get into fights with people like Bethenny, Wendy or Piers.

by Anonymousreply 4211/01/2013

wHERE CAN I find the scoop on Omarosa being thrown out of college?

by Anonymousreply 4311/01/2013

AJ Calloway went to Howard with Omarosa and said pretty much said she was a huge bitch in college as well.

by Anonymousreply 4411/01/2013

Bethenny came to a gun fight with a knife.

If she had done just a LITTLE research on Omarosa, she'd have discovered THIS gem in her Wiki:

1)Omarosa worked in the office of then-Vice President Al Gore during the Clinton Administration as a scheduling correspondent.[13] Omarosa has since falsely inflated her role in interviews to have the title Deputy Associate Director of Presidential Personnel.[14] According to a People magazine article, she was transferred due to disruptive behavior.[15]

...2) She has also been a guest on several talk shows, including a controversial appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show. It was on Winfrey's show where Omarosa accused fellow Apprentice participant Ereka Vetrini of calling her the "n-word", a claim Vetrini has denied.[20] Shortly after that appearance, Omarosa failed to show up for a scheduled appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel Live! after she reportedly objected upon seeing a polygraph machine.[21]

by Anonymousreply 4511/01/2013

I wonder if people will start watching Bethenny or if this was just a 1-day "glory" moment for her.

by Anonymousreply 4611/01/2013

What reality tv has paid Omagrossa? She has not done a show since celebrity apprentice.

by Anonymousreply 4711/01/2013

R47 wrong...she has done many, many reality shows. She "starred" in one of the "Surreal Life" seasons (remember her infamous fights with Janice Dickinson) and her own Trump-produced dating show "The Ultimate Merger". On top of that, she has guest appeared on many other reality shows from "Fear Factor" to "I Love New York" to "You're Cut Off"...

by Anonymousreply 4811/02/2013

R48, how can you be such an asshole, or can you not read? Does Celebrity Apprentice of 2years ago ring any bells?

by Anonymousreply 4911/02/2013

lol. r49 = Omarosa

by Anonymousreply 5011/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!