Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Thread Twi

if another thread was started, my apologies.

by Anonymousreply 59401/05/2014

Oh crap, Two, not Twi. DOY.

by Anonymousreply 110/31/2013

And I'm going to agree with one of the last posters on the first thread.

Not voting out Vytas was a dumb move .... except I think Tina/Katie planned it this way because the only other relatives together at the merge are Aras/Vytas (both strong players) and it takes a target off Tina/Katie for bit.

by Anonymousreply 210/31/2013

[quote]damn HAYDEN is still FUGLY

It's because of his fake teeth.

by Anonymousreply 310/31/2013

Geez, Kat has issues. Of course, I can see why, since Hayden doesn't really love her.

by Anonymousreply 410/31/2013

[quote] Wish there was a Survivor All Hunks version ....with just the really hot guys from past seasons.

I can just see it now at the challenges:

Probst: "Team cummon Iyewannalaya, want to what you're playing for? [lifts his mumu and presents his puckered pink hole] "a feast like no other..."

by Anonymousreply 510/31/2013

Survivor hunks (complete with pics).

by Anonymousreply 610/31/2013

Aras was a winner? I don't remember him at all. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 710/31/2013

Aras did win, but he does not haave a big personality like many of the other winner. Seems like a nice guy on a season when there are few others who are engaging...but I really do not knew every player yet, even Hayden is defined by Kat, not himself (at least to me).

by Anonymousreply 810/31/2013

Tyson is just supremely grating.

by Anonymousreply 910/31/2013

[quote] Not voting out Vytas was a dumb move ....

I'm telling you.. all the editing signs point to a Vytas win. Redemption from drug addiction.

Fundie Burnett and bromancer Probst just CREAM themselves over lame storylines like this.

Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 1010/31/2013

Haydon,

I caint eaven spelle.

Pleeze ceep luving me.

by Anonymousreply 1110/31/2013

It seems that Kat is desperate for Hayden's love. That's pretty sad.

by Anonymousreply 1210/31/2013

Sometimes I love Vytas, and sometimes I don't. But, I do love his hairy body.

by Anonymousreply 1310/31/2013

How pathetic is she? On national TV "please don't leave me"

doomed relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1410/31/2013

I'm going to jump on the "I Hate Cat" bandwagon. I'm so glad that she got minimal airtime and that what was shown was totally humiliating.

Could Tina's daughter be a "terrible flirt" because she has no interest flirting with men? Tina's investment in her daughter's love life is creepy.

Glad to see that Caleb is still hanging in there...

Are there any "alpha" males left? They all seem kinda wimpy and insecure.

by Anonymousreply 1510/31/2013

So far Monica has by far the best winner's edit. Vytas is clearly just a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 1610/31/2013

Did anyone laugh when yoga instructor and pinging Vytas declared himself the "alpha male"?

by Anonymousreply 1710/31/2013

"Could Tina's daughter be a 'terrible flirt' because she has no interest flirting with men? Tina's investment in her daughter's love life is creepy."

Exactly what I was thinking. "I'm ready to be a grandma." Tina, for God's sake, they've known each other for ONE DAY.

by Anonymousreply 1810/31/2013

Yes,r17! I hate stereotypes,but he does have gay voice'. And Vytas is really overplaying that ex druggie story but I still like him.

Hayden is cute but he lacks some of BB fire here. I know he has to tone down his personality but I'd like to see more of him.

Laura B-what can I say? I cringed for the poor thing-her husband has played Survivor FOUR times and she doesn't know how ruthless people can be for a million dollars?!! I knew she was a goner after that blunder of admitting Vytas was next to go....

by Anonymousreply 1910/31/2013

Hayden calling Kat naive was being very kind. She better be greatful she's blonde and cute, cause there's not much going on upstairs. Were Hayden's teeth that big on Big Brother? I quit watching prior to his season. He seems to have a slight speech inpediment, maybe due to his huge teeth (vaneers?).

I feel bad for Laura B. She seems like she's not a bad person, but just very socially inept. She was surprisingly good in some of the challenges too. Wasn't expecting to like her much because she was married to Poopert...er, Rupert, who I don't like at all.

Interestingly, Tina's daughter, Katie, moved from Tenn to NY. Some jesus freak was conversing about religion on twitter and she pretty much said she doesn't believe in it do to science. You could be onto something, R18.

I hope John or Laura B. win over that fake-titted bible beater Laura M. next week to come back into the game. Can't stand her or her homophobe daughter Cierra.

by Anonymousreply 2010/31/2013

R19, not only does Vytas have gay voice but he has gay everything. Last week, he said something about he didn't know much about women but he knew they liked a man to be vulnerable, which I thought was him admitting he's gay with the "I don't know much about women" part, but apparently not - he actually thinks he's some sort of woman whisperer.

by Anonymousreply 2110/31/2013

Kat seems to think Hayden will only date her if she's on a reality show. That says volumes about their relationship. Either he's a gold digger or she thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 2210/31/2013

But looking over at other people's puzzles is CHEATING!

by Anonymousreply 2310/31/2013

I hadn't paid attention to too many Survivors' backgrounds. It's been mentioned here about too many Fundies being among the participants. I'm sorry that's the case.

If we get another version of Fans-vs.-Favorites edition of [italic]Survivor[/italic], which non-Fundies should play? (I'd prefer gay and/or gay-friendly, non-Fundies.)

by Anonymousreply 2410/31/2013

I find it interesting that Tyson and Gervase are obsessed with getting rid of Aras, but they did not think of throwing the challenge so they could vote out Aras. Now thatthe tribes are merging Aras has time to find more allies and maybe figure out that Tyson and Gervase are gunning for him. Tyson irritates me and Gervase bores me, so I hope their big plans backfire.

by Anonymousreply 2510/31/2013

I love seeing Fundies on the show.

For over 20 years, a Fundy has never won. It's always the same, they can't backstab or lie because they are so righteous and moral. And every year it is that exact concept that does them in, because let's face it, it's a show about doing whatever it takes to get to the end.

And every year they go down in flames, it's just a matter of time this year. It's great to watch because they never learn. They cling to their morality all the way to the bitter end and for over 20 years are still clueless about it all.

by Anonymousreply 2610/31/2013

R25, you're not paying close attention. Aras is so gone when they get a chance. For example, they made a big deal about him backstabbing Laura M, and she seems most likely to return. In the previews, John, and the Laura's were shown competing in a challenge where older women historically do much better than big strong guys. I think next week, Laura M comes back, teams up with Tyson/Gervase and Aras is gone.

by Anonymousreply 2710/31/2013

R27: I agree because the show has spent so much time on the Tyson/Gervase plot against the seemingly unconcerned Aras.

by Anonymousreply 2811/01/2013

All that can be said has been said about Kat. The girl belongs in a rubber room, which is where she'll end up as soon as Hayden drops her.

It was strange to see Ciera's mouth blurred out at one point during the Redemption challenge. She said something CBS didn't want us to catch, but what could it have been? There was no reaction from her tribe to indicate that it was something inappropriate.

Whoever said Vytas is smarmy is right. His cockiness after Tina gave him hope of Survival really turned up the smarmy volume. He's gay, no doubt, but I'm sure if asked he'd say something like "I love everybody."

Does Tina's daughter give off a Lesbian-vibe?

by Anonymousreply 2911/01/2013

It wouldn't surprise me if Tina had have some kind of deal with Aras.

by Anonymousreply 3011/01/2013

Hate Monica Culpepper Hate Monica Culpepper Hate Monica Culpepper Hate Monica Culpepper

by Anonymousreply 3111/01/2013

Throughout all the many seasons of SURVIVOR we have seen many displays of anger, bitterness, and tears when castaways have exited the show. We have even had a faked medical emergency, courtesy of a world-class drama-queen, among several real ones.

Congratulations Kat for outdoing each and every one of your predecessors. By giving us the most cringe-worthy and embarrassing display of emotion ever upon leaving the show,you have assured your well-deserved place in SURVIVOR lore.

I'm glad to see the last of Exile next week, Jeff having turned it into couples-counseling.

by Anonymousreply 3211/01/2013

Can Kat really be so desperate? I suspect it was acting for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 3311/01/2013

I don't know if it's a "deal" Tina has with Aras as much as I think she's probably just looking out for her original alliance buddy, R30. It's just both sickening and funny to watch Vytas brag about what a ladies' man he is when that probably doesn't even have much to do with the fact that he's sticking around.

by Anonymousreply 3411/01/2013

Someone posted that Vytas is gay and it appears he is,so why is he brin do vague about his sexuality? He seems so open about everything else-isn't that what yoga is about,no holding back? Is Aras gay,too?

by Anonymousreply 3511/01/2013

Tyson is straight?

Really?

by Anonymousreply 3611/01/2013

Really.. we voted him out of the tribe. He had no choice r36.

I doubt Tina is this smart but keeping Vitas is good for her game in that she still had family left while everyone else did not. She goes into the merge with her daughter, Vitas loyal so they get Aras, and Monica. That give them 5. The wild card is who ever comes back. They will have all the power in the voting.

by Anonymousreply 3711/01/2013

Tyson is (was?) a Mormon. He did missionary work and dropped out of BYU.

by Anonymousreply 3811/01/2013

Hayden has had fake teeth for years.

by Anonymousreply 3911/01/2013

[quote] Either he's a gold digger or she thinks he is.

He won Big Brother a couple of years ago. He's bound to have more money than she does.

by Anonymousreply 4011/01/2013

Which is why Kat is desperate for Hayden.

by Anonymousreply 4111/01/2013

That was a most embarassing display.

by Anonymousreply 4211/01/2013

r40 He won 500K, after taxes about 300K not really life changing money since he probably had a lot of bills to pay (college I think) and family who thinks he hit the lotto. I would guess he has little BB money left.

by Anonymousreply 4311/01/2013

This is the kind of thread that makes Datalounge shine - I agree with almost every post here - Kat's patheticness, Tina's creepiness, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4411/01/2013

[R43]: You must not know many working class/middle class guys Hayden's age that do not work on Wall Street, most would kill for 300K. It may not be life changing, but it's a very nice amount of money.

by Anonymousreply 4511/01/2013

Tyson looks just like the old guy with the humped back in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

by Anonymousreply 4611/01/2013

Richard O'Brien (Riff Raff) was 33 when Rocky Horror was filmed.

by Anonymousreply 4711/01/2013

I'm rooting for John to win.

by Anonymousreply 4811/01/2013

r45

I know plenty and 300K is a lot of money but lets face it - if he had college loans to pay off (he was a college student when in the BB house). And when you win money you want to take care of your family so I am sure he spent some on mom and dad. You would have to guess he maybe has 100K left saved, if that.

by Anonymousreply 4911/01/2013

100,000. is more than I have saved.

by Anonymousreply 5011/01/2013

Someone posted a series of pics on Survivor Sucks of Vytas looking as G-A-Y as can be. Chance that he's straight? About zero, I'd say.

by Anonymousreply 5111/02/2013

Fixed pic link

by Anonymousreply 5211/02/2013

Gossip is the food of the godess.

by Anonymousreply 5411/02/2013

Is R53 Vytas? Or has he/she just not been here before? My God...

by Anonymousreply 5511/02/2013

Smarmy is the exact perfect word to describe vytas. He teaches at the yoga studio i attend but I haven't taken his class. After watching him I don't really want to take his class even though he's prob a good teacher. I'm really not feeling him.

by Anonymousreply 5611/02/2013

Bless your heart, R53

by Anonymousreply 5711/02/2013

Both Vytas and Aras could both be gay based on their mannerisms. I noticed Aras at the redemeption island comp with his "Big Brother Andy" legs perfectly crossed.

by Anonymousreply 5811/02/2013

It's pretty normal to see straight guys crossing their legs.

by Anonymousreply 5911/02/2013

Why do some posters think Tyson is gay? I did not see either of Tyson's first two seasons- 2009 and 2010 were years when I was busy with a lot of work and family issues- so can someone tell me why some at Dl are shocked that Tyson has a girlfriend?

Since this is my first time watching Tyson I will say that I find him both very irritating and entertaining. Tyson is certaintly a good casting choice. I think Tyson has been plotting against Aras since day one, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 6011/02/2013

R52 You think he's gay from that picture!? Are you 12?

by Anonymousreply 6111/02/2013

Regarding Hayden and Kat; I think Hayden really loves Kat now, but she may lose him by being so needy. Kat is clearly very insecure and needs to spend some time with a good therapist!

Am I the only one who thinks that Tina always meant to get rid of Laura B? With Vytas and Aras making the merge, Tina and Katie will be able to hide behind a more threatening family pair.

by Anonymousreply 6211/02/2013

My god, John has a fine fucking hairy body.

by Anonymousreply 6311/06/2013

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6411/06/2013

Damn, John is going to be missed. He is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 6511/06/2013

What.the heck is Tyson saying to Tina in the previews.about them shutting him out ? Dance little man dance. That is a lie ....he was totally part of what they all thought was the planned voting. Tyson in charge with a hidden immunity idol. I am not loving that. Hoping for a blind side where he has the idol but doesn't use it.

Laura and Monica crazy players. Monica will be lucky to make top five in any alliance. Funny how her trust issues vanished when Tyson told her to vote for Aras, who she was pa rt of a five alliance with. Before the switch up. Isn't that exactly how Kat got voted out ? Oh wait ...she was gunning for Monica ....

by Anonymousreply 6611/06/2013

Also. ...what the hell was Tina talkin about them losing FIVE jury votes ?. She doesn't even know when the jury starts ... And from the vote reveal ...seems everyone voted for Aras ....except Vytas, Tina, Katie and Aras who is not guaranteed to get back in the game either.

The winner of this season is already declared, Candace, who gets to fuck John. The end.

by Anonymousreply 6711/06/2013

And....Caleb survives another week. Yay!

First thought I had when Vitas (stupid name) won immunity: Aras has to go. Obviously I wasn't the only one.

Still hate the hidden idols that are randomly discovered. I may have to resign myself of this fight.

Thanks to the person who linked to the awesome shot of RO as Riff Raff as its now my screen wallpaper!

by Anonymousreply 6811/06/2013

Caleb is the shrinking violet. It is hardly never seen.

by Anonymousreply 6911/06/2013

I can't stand Tyson, and his nasty personality. He looks like a lesbian with girly ponytails.

by Anonymousreply 7011/06/2013

I'm with you R70. Does ANYONE here like Tyson? He's actually hard to look at and he thinks he's some god. Now that he has the idol and Aras is gone, we're going to have to hear confessionals from him about how amazing he is for the rest of the season. Gag me.

Monica is the definition of a pathetic wife. She spent the first half of the game whining about her husband and she's going to spend the rest of it following Tyson around. Newsflash, your creepy filled up face and rock hard boobs aren't making you look any better. I have a hard time even looking at her and Tyson.

Why did Tina make that comment to paranoid and antsy Monica?

How cocky was Aras and especially Vytas? Everything out of Vytas's mouth was "they aren't brave enough to get rid of us," "this show should be called Aras vs. Vytas." Neither of them could read the other players. Actually Aras is the especially stupid one considering he was with Tyson and Gervase the whole time and never sensed anything. I am sad that the brothers are doomed though because they're the last eye candy on this season.

I'm not looking forward to the rest of the season if it's just going to be Tyson and his followers (I know some of you may find Hayden attractive, but I just can't) picking off everyone until the end. I'm also sad that Redemption Island takes up so much time that could be used for character development because all we see is endless strategy talk.

by Anonymousreply 7111/06/2013

The typo in the subject heading of this thread is just so damned off-putting.

And in other news, I still want Brad Culpepper deep inside me, as does Jeff.

by Anonymousreply 7211/06/2013

Why the fuck was Laura B sent off first she came in second? It should have been John but Jeff wanted to oogle his body and hear about west point. What a fag.

by Anonymousreply 7311/06/2013

Do they still show who the players voted for in the closing credits? I haven't noticed that this year. Actually I think my DVR cuts off before the end, so I only would have seen the votes the two times I've watched live.

by Anonymousreply 7411/06/2013

It was delightful to see the look of shock on Tina's face when she realized she wasn't running the show.

by Anonymousreply 7511/07/2013

[quote]Do they still show who the players voted for in the closing credits?

They have not been showing the votes this season r74. So you have to be able to piece it together based on the couple that they always show actually submitting their votes and then you get the rest of the picture by seeing who got the boot and remembering which alliance's plan played out to make that happen.

So for tonight you know that Aras, Vitas, Tina, and her daughter split their votes between Laura and her daughter. Then everyone else voted for Aras.

by Anonymousreply 7611/07/2013

Seems like they're going to take out the million dollar winners first. Especially since it appears that Tina goes off next week. Bye girl.

by Anonymousreply 7711/07/2013

[quote]Am I the only one who thinks that Tina always meant to get rid of Laura B?

Of course. They just used Laura B's loose lips as an excuse. They were always going to stick with their alliance with Aras, Gervase, Tyson and Monica. Getting rid of Vytas would be a betrayal to Aras and send him scurrying to the other side.

by Anonymousreply 7811/07/2013

[quote]Also. ...what the hell was Tina talkin about them losing FIVE jury votes ?

She's including Monica in the five. She doesn't know that she voted for Anus.

by Anonymousreply 8011/07/2013

Two hunks leaving in one night, this was more than I can take! I have to sit down and catch my breath. Oh my, I have tears. What a lost to Survivor. Don't know if the show can recover from this.

by Anonymousreply 8111/07/2013

What the FUCK were the producers thinking to bring out that pole hugging challenge?!? They know that challenge is geared towards a small female. John never stood a chance!! Don't they know most of the audience tune in to see John and his body? Why are they trying to deliberately ruin the show?!??? So unfair.

by Anonymousreply 8211/07/2013

Sexy as fuck seeing John's hairy legs wrapped around that pole.

by Anonymousreply 8311/07/2013

I agree, R82. That was definitely a challenge for a small female or a wiry male. I miss John. He was hot and sweet.

I really want to see Tina and Monica get their comeuppance.

by Anonymousreply 8411/07/2013

Were there are always TWO rounds of redemption island, or is this just another ploy to keep Aras in the game? I'm sure CBS was churning out the "Brother vs Brother" finale promos before the season even started filming.

And it's always humorous when only ONE person searches for the immunity idol and magically finds it. Tyson must just be supremely intelligent to correctly decipher those clues.

by Anonymousreply 8511/07/2013

I really don't recall Aras at all from his season. It's weird. He's like a vacuum. Strangely there, but not. His brother is more engaging. That being said, I didn't understand a single thing that happened last night. That episode was a confused, badly edited mess.

by Anonymousreply 8611/07/2013

Vytas teaches at YogaWorks in Santa Monica. I have friends who took his classes. He's still listed as a teacher, but don't know if he's there right now.

by Anonymousreply 8711/07/2013

r86, Aras looks a lot older and more worn than he did on his season.

by Anonymousreply 8811/07/2013

John deserved to go back in the game. He dominated those challenges, and that last one was designed for Laura.

by Anonymousreply 8911/07/2013

Hello fans - Sorry if I seemed distracted during the Redemption Island comp - I was imagining myself as John's pole.

by Anonymousreply 9011/07/2013

R82, +1. He was looking VERY good last night. Sad that he left.

Separately, I know on Survivor every guy ends up growing facial hair, but John's beard did NOTHING for him, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 9111/07/2013

Aras' season was one of my favorites. Crazy Shane, Cirie getting off the couch and doing mad manipulating and finally Terry and Aras' rivalry. Aras started as the mellow Yoga Guru and descended into hilarious angry frustration because of Terry's challenge prowess and smooth arrogance. Then when he finally beats Terry and he goes back into mellow Yoga mood, he slips on a rock and impales himself on a champagne glass!

by Anonymousreply 9211/07/2013

To add to R92, here was Aras's famous moment from his season, bitching out Terry after Terry finally lost a challenge and was whining about it. They actually edited out when Aras yells "somebody call a whambulance, Terry's crying on the course." Aras was this yoga guy in his 20s who was so frustrated that he couldn't beat some douchey ex-military guy, Terry.

R88, I still think Aras looks good, but you're right that he aged more than I would have expected.

by Anonymousreply 9311/07/2013

First of all, "Vytas" is a Lithuanian name, so the poster who called it a "stupid" name is being narrow-minded. As for Aras I don't think he looks aged or worn; he is now in his early thirties and looks it, which is not a bad thing.

I am sure that Aras figured out he was going; at first he seemed so confident, but then when the camera went to his face a couple of times he looked so stoic. When Aras cast his vote for Laura M his expression said that he knew neither Laura nor Ciera were leaving.

As for Redemption Island still being in play, I don't believe that is happening for Aras' benefit. Aras was never a favorite of Jeff Probst or the producers so they would do anything to rig the game in Aras' favor.

by Anonymousreply 9411/07/2013

How old is Vytus? He looks to be in his 40s or 50s and never married or had kids.

by Anonymousreply 9511/07/2013

So Vickus and Anus are estranged yet they are both yoga instructors? How did that happen? They both separately arrived at that career choice by coincidence??

by Anonymousreply 9611/07/2013

[quote]I didn't understand a single thing that happened last night. That episode was a confused, badly edited mess.

You must be pretty stupid. Please don't operate heavy machinery.

by Anonymousreply 9711/07/2013

John needed to take his socks off last night. His socks were making him slip and not get a grip. Plus there would be closeups of his bare feet. Lost opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 9811/07/2013

Vytas is only a couple of years older than Aras, who was born in September of 1981. While Aras did have some problems while growing up they were never estranged.

by Anonymousreply 9911/07/2013

I would love a 3some with Vytas and Aras, god they are hot

by Anonymousreply 10011/07/2013

People here don't seem to like him but I think I want Tyson to win.

by Anonymousreply 10111/07/2013

Tina's melt-down is going to put an end to her 'below the radar' strategy more definitively than losing Aras did.

I look forward to the night Sierra blindsides her own mother. The foreshadowing last night was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 10211/07/2013

WTF? I cannot stand that Redemption Island is still in effect. It seemed pointless to boot players off RI only to clean the slate and re-start it again. There's way too much going on in this season for me to remotely care.

by Anonymousreply 10311/07/2013

Tyson was a bit more likable last night.

I doubt that John would have gone very far if he come back into the game. But, he had no chance last night. It was obvious immediately that Laura M was physically right for that contest, rather than Laura B or John.

by Anonymousreply 10411/07/2013

John got screwed. That challenge was designed for a woman, not a man.

by Anonymousreply 10511/07/2013

Part of the problem with Tyson (besides his behavior overall) is he is just really awful to have to look at. Face is wrecked and his body is weird (like a pear)

by Anonymousreply 10611/07/2013

I feel like Tyson wasn't this hard to look at a few years ago.

I found Laura Morett's Twitter, and someone tweeted her asking if it's true that she and her daughter are anti-gay. Her response?

"I love people, not their actions/lifestyle, not my job to condemn.:)"

"cieraeastin don't need to show or prove anything, it's not about how we vote, it's about how we love!!!"

So not cool.

by Anonymousreply 10711/07/2013

How was it that Tyson was able to sneak away and spend time alone searching for and finding the idol? That was a little weird.

by Anonymousreply 10811/07/2013

Challenges favour a different person every time. The challenges are pre-planned and final challenges are almost always endurance. The challenge also didn't favour Laura B (who was actually pretty good at challenges) but no one complains.

by Anonymousreply 10911/07/2013

[R109] I mentioned Laura B and John.

It's one thing for challenges to favor a particular type of person during the final challenges leading to the end of the season, quite another in this final elimination at Redemption Island.

Fabio would have given Laura M a run, so it is not just women; it's a particular body type.

by Anonymousreply 11011/08/2013

What was the point of John winning all those duels when the final duel is a pole-smoking challenge that is physically impossible for him to win?? He should have just quit a long time ago and let his wife win the duels. At least Candance would have stood a chance at the pole.

by Anonymousreply 11111/08/2013

Wow, Tina is a nasty grudge-holding bitch! "You just lost 5 votes! We will never vote for you!!!"

by Anonymousreply 11211/08/2013

Am I the only one who's glad Tyson and Gervase came out on top and prevailed? It was the outsiders and underdogs triumphing against the cocky alphas. It would have been boring the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 11311/08/2013

So now that Vytus is single again, would he join the singles team?

by Anonymousreply 11411/08/2013

If Vytas is smart, he would play this up now and quickly rejoin the guys ... he could go stealth with his 'revenge is mine' plan and instead start verbally boasting about how he kicked Aras ass in this game and he's happy he got further than him this season and Aras was cocky,, blah, blah, blah ...

Get the target on Tina and Katie and then start an individual immunity win run.

by Anonymousreply 11511/08/2013

Are we really supposed to believe that Tyson snuck away and conveniently found the idol? That shit is always so contrived.

by Anonymousreply 11611/08/2013

Why on earth wouldn't Caleb go looking for the idol?

by Anonymousreply 11811/08/2013

Please don't start the underdog vs. cool kids nonsense,r113. Tyson and Gervase have been in strong alliances through the game, and went to tribal council only once before the merge. Tyson has been pretty cocky all through this season. As for Gervase, have you forgotten how he boasted when Galang managed to win the first immunity challenge, even though Gervase's bad swimming put the tribe in danger of losing? Gervase's bragging led to his niece being voted off first.

by Anonymousreply 11911/08/2013

Vytas and Aras are weird and pretentious names.

by Anonymousreply 12011/08/2013

People like R116 apparently don't understand that each 42 minute episode is drawn from 72 hours of real time.

by Anonymousreply 12111/08/2013

Ummm R120, Aras and Vytas are traditional Lithuanian names (their ethnicity).

by Anonymousreply 12211/08/2013

"Am I the only one who's glad Tyson and Gervase came out on top and prevailed? It was the outsiders and underdogs triumphing against the cocky alphas. It would have been boring the other way around."

Totally agree.

by Anonymousreply 12311/08/2013

I'd be happier about it if the people who overthrew the "alphas" were rootable. Tyson is just as, if not more, cocky than the brothers, really.

by Anonymousreply 12411/08/2013

[quote]Ummm [R120], Aras and Vytas are traditional Lithuanian names (their ethnicity).

Oh, I see.

by Anonymousreply 12511/08/2013

Rumor has it that Tyson gets rid of

by Anonymousreply 12611/08/2013

Rumor has it that Tina gets eliminated by Tyson.

by Anonymousreply 12711/08/2013

I wouldn't say "Tyson AND Gervase". It's Tyson, and for as long as it suits him, Gervase is just Tyson's puppet. In the past few episodes Gervase has been a non-entity beyond being a Tyson sycophant.

Glad to see the gross-out eating challenge making a comeback next week. I'm over this season's weekly puzzles.

by Anonymousreply 12811/08/2013

This was a tough week. Two hot guys leave and the aging fraus remain. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 12911/08/2013

R128: I disagree. The core alliance is Tyson and Gervase. Gervase may not get as much screen time as Tyson, but the two are equal partners. They both need each other to keep the major alliance together.

Wonder how Laura feels watching Ciera's comments about her. Ciera mentions several times that having her mom back was bad for her game playing.

by Anonymousreply 13011/08/2013

Sierra's comments are foreshadowing, R130. She's eventually going to have to take down her mother.

Tina's melt-down at Tyson is going to seal her fate. Buh-bye.

Sierra and Laura, the homophobes, had better not get the 100k (or however much it is) consolation prize. Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 13111/09/2013

What have Sierra and Laura said that was homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 13211/09/2013

R132, see my post at R107.

by Anonymousreply 13311/09/2013

Is Caleb gay? When he talked this week, he kind of pinged to me. Hayden too. And also Tyson. My gaydar is going off on all three.

by Anonymousreply 13411/09/2013

[quote]I'm sure CBS was churning out the "Brother vs Brother" finale promos before the season even started filming.

They did that because even if Aras or Vytas got voted out, they could use it for Colton and Caleb. Too bad Colton got voted out so early and now they only focus on one set of brothers.

by Anonymousreply 13511/09/2013

How do you become an Alpha?

by Anonymousreply 13611/09/2013

You are way off the charts, r134!

by Anonymousreply 13711/09/2013

[quote]Too bad Colton got voted out so early and now they only focus on one set of brothers.

Thank GAWD for that!

by Anonymousreply 13811/09/2013

I'm pretty sure this whole season has been building to an Aras vs. Vytas showdown on Redemption Island.

Hayden doesn't ping for me. Aras and Vytas do in different ways, although I'm not convinced either one is gay. I don't know about Tyson, he's so bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 13911/09/2013

[quote]Is Caleb gay?

Ask his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 14011/09/2013

[quote][R128]: I disagree. The core alliance is Tyson and Gervase. Gervase may not get as much screen time as Tyson, but the two are equal partners. They both need each other to keep the major alliance together.

I don't think anyone is equal to Tyson in a Tyson alliance.

If Gervase has had any say, in anything, it ended up on the proverbial editing room floor.

Otherwise, yes, I agree that they are the core alliance and that they, at the moment, need each other. Tyson will cut Gervase loose the instant Gervase doesn't figure into Tyson's plans for world domination.

by Anonymousreply 14111/09/2013

He has a boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 14211/09/2013

Not any more, if he has any brains or self-respect.

by Anonymousreply 14311/09/2013

Caleb is Colton's boyfriend. You must have missed the first few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 14411/09/2013

I thought Colton was his brother. Is Aras Vitas's boyfriend or brother?

by Anonymousreply 14511/09/2013

R145, you are trying far too hard, hon.

by Anonymousreply 14611/09/2013

R141-

People are thinking about the jury now. If things continue to break Tyson's way, it will come down to whether he thinks Gervase is more dangerous on the jury or as one of the Final Two/Three.

by Anonymousreply 14711/09/2013

I can't stand Monica, but as it stands now, if she makes the final three, she might have a shot at winning if Tina and Katie don't realize Monica actually voted with Tyson.

by Anonymousreply 14811/09/2013

It is pretty obvious to me that Tyson is getting the edit of someone who plays the game hard and well, but who falls short of winning. I also believe that we are headed for either an Aras/Vytas showdown at Redemption Island, or if Vytas is never voted out, Aras gets back into the game and he and Vytas are two of the final three.

Let me repeat what I said in my post at r119: Tyson and Gervase are NOT underdogs. The two have been in a secure position through the game, including an alliance with "cocky alpha" Aras, who Tyson and Gervase were plotting against almost as soon as the three formed that alliance with Tina and Kat. Tyson has been the cockiest player of the season.

by Anonymousreply 14911/09/2013

Tyson is not an alpha and will never be an alpha.

by Anonymousreply 15011/09/2013

R149 .... wasn't the returning five alliance Tyson, Gervase, Aras, Tina and MONICA ??

by Anonymousreply 15111/09/2013

Tina should definitely go but I wish they'd gotten rid of Monica first. Her stretched-too-tight face grosses me out every time they cut to it.

I'm still rooting for Caleb. He seems to be flying under the radar but who knows how long that will last?

by Anonymousreply 15211/09/2013

I don't see the problem with Monica's face.

by Anonymousreply 15311/09/2013

Monica will go far if Tina/Aras blame Tyson for the betrayal and not her. It seems she's getting off Scotch-free.

by Anonymousreply 15411/09/2013

Don't be ridiculous, R155. It's not an either/or situation. I read, I also watch television. I have done this for many decades and haven't experienced any ill effects from it.

You're just being a pretentious cunt. Stop it at once.

by Anonymousreply 15611/09/2013

Tyson looks like a male Mamie Gummer.

by Anonymousreply 15711/09/2013

Tyson always likes to show off his cock! Laura B even said in the first episode the thing she was most looking forward to being on the Favorites tribe was seeing Tyson parade his cock around!

by Anonymousreply 15811/10/2013

Tyson is a Mormon who loves showing his meat. He also speaks Tagalog so I wonder if he is at an advantage after having spent 2 years in the Philippines.

by Anonymousreply 15911/10/2013

No, r151, the original returning player alliance did not include Monica. Kat was in that alliance; Monica and both Lauras were on the outside. Kat was voted out in episode six because she plotted against Monica, who Tina hoped to use. After Kat was gone Monica was brought into the alliance.

by Anonymousreply 16011/10/2013

I missed this People interview with Candice. She's pretty funny talking about why she didn't like Brad. He sounds like the ego from hell.

You didn't get along with Brad Culpepper. Why not? Well, to start with, he's not an evil guy or anything. But hearing him talk is like a constant stream of consciousness. General rule of thumb; if you're talking all the time, it can become very annoying.

What did he talk about? Himself. He'd tell his tribe that he makes seven figures by working 12 hours a week. He'd talk about his law firm pays $200,000 a month for advertising. It was all about how much he made and how successful he was.

Bad strategy. People tend to boot the rich contestants. I thought so too. But Brad simply can't help himself. He has to talk about how successful he is. Really, he's not a mean guy, but everyone who came through Redemption Island said that he talked about himself constantly.

You and your husband were on Redemption Island, all alone. Were you happy to see Brad join you, or were you unhappy that he was ruining your paradise? A little bit of both. I was enjoying honeymoon island with John, and then here comes Brad. So I'm happy to see him, because it meant he was voted out. But then I have to listen to him talk about himself! [Laughs] Seriously, though, I don't have hard feelings against Brad now. He was just hard to take during the game.

by Anonymousreply 16111/10/2013

Aras is engaged! To a woman!

by Anonymousreply 16211/10/2013

Do you all remember Todd, winner of Survivor China? He's going to be on Doctor Phil and is apparently an alcoholic. What a sad video, he can barely even talk it seems. I feel awful for him.

by Anonymousreply 16311/10/2013

Did people say Aras was gay? I thought posters thought Vytas was gay.

by Anonymousreply 16411/10/2013

[quote]No, [R151], the original returning player alliance did not include Monica. Kat was in that alliance; Monica and both Lauras were on the outside. Kat was voted out in episode six because she plotted against Monica, who Tina hoped to use. After Kat was gone Monica was brought into the alliance.

Boy, you are either really stupid or just didn't catch the earlier episodes because you are completely wrong. What show are you watching?!?

by Anonymousreply 16511/10/2013

Tina's starting to look like Skeletor. Well, Skeletor with huge bolted-on tits, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 16611/10/2013

I am watching SURVIVOR and I saw all the original episodes, r165. At one point we saw Aras, Gervase, Kat, Tina and Tyson shake hands and agree to be an alliance.

by Anonymousreply 16711/11/2013

Aras specifically said that the alliance was him, Monica, Tina, Tyson and Gervase with the Laura's knowing they were on the outs and Kat thought she was in the alliance but wasn't. You clearly weren't paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 16811/11/2013

I'll be gracious and admit to being corrected, r165/168. Your post jogged my memory!

by Anonymousreply 16911/11/2013

I guess after seeing 'Arson' hugged up by the fire,she must have forced his hand,r162!

by Anonymousreply 17011/11/2013

Sad, but it seems like the rest of this season may be quite predicable.

For the best tribal to happen this season so early (Caleb taking out Brad) is disappointing.

At this point, the only interest for me remains with Redemption Island and who manages to get back in the game (although, no doubt, they will immediately be voted back out and onto the jury.

Like I said .... predictable.

by Anonymousreply 17111/14/2013

Yeah, it doesn't seem that anyone has the guts to go against Tyson and Gervase. The preview showed they're targeting Laura next week. Why, when a bunch of big guys are still around? I always hate watching the second half of the season go in a predictable order.

The two brothers looked hot on RI. I was distracted by Aras playing with his chest hair.

by Anonymousreply 17211/14/2013

Todd on Dr, Phil is shocking.

Hayden is a sexy beast.

by Anonymousreply 17311/14/2013

Yeah, I liked watching Aras idly playing with his chest hair while strategizing with his brother, who is honest but a prick when he said it wouldn't be OK with him if Aras went back in the game instead of him.

Any why did Vytas act out at tribal and attack Monica, among others? especially since Monica had immunity at the time.

That said, Monica is unreliable if she can't stick to a plan and votes with her emotions when someone attacks her at tribal.

by Anonymousreply 17411/14/2013

At least Tina threw some punches at the tribal where they voted her out.

Disappointed that no one has made a move to vote out Tyson or Gervase. Right now, Laura/Sienna/Katie/Hayden/Caleb could vote out the two big dogs and then let the chips fall where they may. But I don't know if any have the balls to do so.

by Anonymousreply 17511/14/2013

R175 writes,

[quote]Right now, Laura/Sienna/Katie/Hayden/Caleb could vote out the two big dogs and then let the chips fall where they may.

That would be [italic]Ciera[/italic]; not Sienna.

by Anonymousreply 17611/14/2013

Let's touch base on this Todd on Dr. Phil thing, give us a warning when it airs.

by Anonymousreply 17711/14/2013

Caleb has the balls to take out Tyson and Gervase, look what he did to Culpepper. He's just biding his time.

Speaking of Culpepper, Jeff called Monica "Culpepper" last night. It's the first time I've ever heard him give a woman the "last name only" treatment. He must have been dreaming of Brad.

by Anonymousreply 17811/14/2013

Culpeper was relatively easy to vote off compared to Tyson and Gervase. Caleb has disappeared into the background. I had forgotten he was still around.

by Anonymousreply 17911/14/2013

I like the way Tina went down fighting. Tina and Kim from One World are the two greatest female winners of Survivor, in my opinion.

The fact that Laura is being targeted next probably means that Katie wins immunity again next week. As for challenges, does anyone notice that Ciera has been bad in almost every challenge of this season?

Monica was right to call Vytas a "brat" when she voted for him. I kind of hope Vytas is eliminated in the duel next week. As for Probst calling Monica "Culpepper"; I think Monica earned Probst's respect by winning an immunity.

It was good to see Tyson look nervous when he received votes at both tribal councils. Tyson is not succeeding in being low-key!

by Anonymousreply 18011/14/2013

The previews are usually meant to draw people in, I will be stunned if Ciera actually casts a vote to her mother, let alone her mother being voted out.

The pecking order seems pretty obvious at this point -- Monica, Laura, Hayden, Caleb, Katie, Ciera, Gervase, Tyson

The wild card will be whoever gets back in from Redemption.

I hope it won't be that predictable, but I think they'd get rid of Monica, the wild card next and then Laura, Hayden, Caleb ... all potentially strong players. And carry along Katie and Ciera as weak competitors to a potential Final 3 jury.

by Anonymousreply 18111/14/2013

The best part of this show is that everyone forgets that the people you vote onto the jury are the same ones who vote to give you a million dollars. You can smell the smoke from the burning bridges from here .... although often times if the 'leader' is smart enough to carry along two lame-os to the final 3, they sometimes earn respect for gameplay and win.

by Anonymousreply 18211/14/2013

I'm surprised that Tina isn't playing that older, loving, nurturing role she played years ago when she won for JUST THOSE VERY SAME ATTRIBUTES.

Now she's kind of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 18311/14/2013

Tina has always been a bitch. She back stabbed Amber and Jerri on her first season but got a positive edit for it. This season they are showing what a hypocritical brat she can be (making her a much better character).

by Anonymousreply 18411/14/2013

What's this about nude pics of Jeff? Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 18511/14/2013

Miss sexy Ozzy Lusth- guess Aras will have to do for now

by Anonymousreply 18611/14/2013

Oozy is a douche.

by Anonymousreply 18711/14/2013

True- but still hot

by Anonymousreply 18811/14/2013

So you would rather have an actively boring player that is hot than someone exciting like Parvati?

by Anonymousreply 18911/14/2013

[quote]The best part of this show is that everyone forgets that the people you vote onto the jury are the same ones who vote to give you a million dollars

Tina did a fine job this week of reminding Tyson. "Here are five jury votes against you' or words to that effect.

Jeff has claimed that he never knows what goes on at camp between tribal councils. His leading questions at tribal prove otherwise, this week being a perfect example when he immediately questioned Tina about what happened back at camp after Aras was voted out.

by Anonymousreply 19011/14/2013

[quote]Caleb has disappeared into the background. I had forgotten he was still around.

Exactly, R179, he's cruising under the radar. That's no guarantee that he'll make it to the end but coming from the guy who - alone - took a swing that brought down Brad at tribal, I'd say it's not exactly accidental.

[quote]So you would rather have an actively boring player that is hot than someone exciting like Parvati?

R189, I'd take a hot corpse before I'd take Parvati.

by Anonymousreply 19111/15/2013

[quote]As for Probst calling Monica "Culpepper"; I think Monica earned Probst's respect by winning an immunity.

But he called her that before she won the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 19211/15/2013

He called her Culpepper to let he know he fucked her husband....

by Anonymousreply 19311/15/2013

I didn't watch or don't remember Tina's original season but I agree that her scrambling and fighting til the end was admirable. I hope she goes far on RIsland.

by Anonymousreply 19411/15/2013

Todd's episode of Dr. Phil is supposed to air this Tuesday.

Sandra Diaz Twine is a close friend of Todd's and was in the audience. The choice to appear on Dr. Phil was apparently controversial within Todd's family, but his mother didn't know what else to do. Todd has been to rehab several times already, and has tried to detox on his own and nearly died because of it.

After the show taped Dr. Phil sent Todd to a 90 day rehab, where so far the news is good.

FYI Todd was living with Spencer Duhm from Survivor Tocantins in Florida, and moved to Utah earlier this year when the two of them broke up.

The link is a People.com article where Courtney Yates comments on Todd's drinking during a cruise they took last January. I'm guessing the breakup had already happened at that point----taking a cruise with your girlfriend is a time-honored tradition after a bad breakup.

by Anonymousreply 19511/15/2013

You're right r192! I guess Probst is projecting his worship of Brad onto Monica!

by Anonymousreply 19611/15/2013

Parvati is a hell of a lot better than almost any of this cast (of the returnees only Candice, Monica and Tina have delivered).

by Anonymousreply 19711/15/2013

My TV says Todd is on Monday.

I think Jeff called Monica Culpepper because he knows she's in complete thrall to her husband and that she'll try her best for him and not so much for herself.

by Anonymousreply 19811/16/2013

Caleb is growing cuter by the week. When will we see his personality? He isn't much of a talker.

by Anonymousreply 19911/20/2013

The Laura-Ciera drama was excellent tonight.

As for Caleb, we see only the edited version...but he seems to only be around for the adventure.

by Anonymousreply 20011/20/2013

R195

I watched the Dr Phil show about Todd. I have never seen anyone who was a worse alcoholic than him. Good God, I can't believe he's still alive.

A blood alcohol of .568 ????? That's way past lethal. He was so pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 20111/21/2013

I literally couldn't watch it, R201. It was too upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 20211/21/2013

Why did Ciera vote for her mother? (It was a 7 to 1 vote for Laura.) Seems they had the numbers to blindside someone big but didn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 20311/21/2013

How much of that Monica shit was planned? A "reward" for one winner and another person was conveniently enough to feed 7 people?

by Anonymousreply 20411/21/2013

We once told a story about five loaves and two fishes...

by Anonymousreply 20511/21/2013

I get the feeling that Monica is going to win Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 20611/21/2013

I know who the final three are, but I won't spoil that for you.

I can say that given the final three, I don't think the winner will be a slam dunk. In other seasons, it was pretty obvious beforehand, but I can see any one of the final three eeking out a win.

by Anonymousreply 20711/21/2013

Don't tell me, r207! But, I get the feeling that Monica is one of the finalists.

by Anonymousreply 20811/21/2013

Aryes is gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 20911/21/2013

R209 Aras (your spelling Aryes) just got engaged to a woman, take that for what you will.

by Anonymousreply 21011/21/2013

R207, I know the final three and I disagree with you. I think anyone who's a regular fan can already tell even without spoilers...

by Anonymousreply 21111/21/2013

Spoil it who are the final three...

I guess

Hayden Caleb Cierra.

by Anonymousreply 21211/21/2013

No spoilers please. That's ruined Survivor threads in the past.

by Anonymousreply 21311/21/2013

No, go ahead with the spoilers, please. I enjoy them.

When I don't want spoilers, I don't read the threads about that particular program or episode. If I read the threads, I deal with the reality that there may be spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 21411/21/2013

Yes, but it's not all about you. Google and get your spoilers, but please don't spoil the rest of us. This isn't a Big Brother thread.

by Anonymousreply 21611/21/2013

Spoilers or not, we can all guess who the Final 2 or 3 will be. But, there's still a lot of show left, and only one jury member.

I do not know how anyone can truly guess the winner at this point in the season.

by Anonymousreply 21711/21/2013

R210

He announced today they are expecting a baby as well.

by Anonymousreply 21811/21/2013

R211 I know who we all think deserves to win, but the jury is who really matters at this point. And we all know how irrational they can be...bunch of Bitter Bettys sometimes...

by Anonymousreply 21911/22/2013

[quote]A "reward" for one winner and another person was conveniently enough to feed 7 people?

It probably would have been three people, as they often are.

There is usually an over-abundance of reward-food.

Remember the good ol early days of Survivor when they'd talk about getting diarrhea after a food reward?

by Anonymousreply 22011/22/2013

Spoilers are easily available on the Internet, and so far accurate about those voted out pre-jury.

But, please keep them off this thread. PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 22111/22/2013

Ciera would throw her Mom under the bus for a thousand dollars.

by Anonymousreply 22211/22/2013

I'd toss mine for $100.

by Anonymousreply 22311/23/2013

tyson is just so frigging ugly. my eyes my eyes!

and hayden is still fugly.

glad byvas and artys are gone. annoying names those 2 have.

by Anonymousreply 22411/24/2013

I haven't followed spoilers since Gabon in the fall of 2008, so I don't know who is in the final 3, but my instincts tell me that Ciera and Monica are two of the final three.

Of the ten contestants who are either in the game or at Redemption Island, the only two I have ruled out are Laura and Katie. Even if Laura makes it back into the game and reaches the finals it will be held against her that she was voted out of the game twice! As for Katie the editing made her look so foolish when Ciera outwitted her; that was the end of Katie's chances for me.

Tyson and Gervase are two who I've almost ruled out- their main story seems to be the betrayal of "King Aras". Now that Aras is out of the game Tyson and Gervase, especially the latter, seem adrift.

With each of the remaining contestants- Caleb, Ciera, Hayden, Monica, Tina, and Vytas- you could make a strong case for why he/she could win, and then why he/she won't win.

by Anonymousreply 22511/27/2013

Aras and John were the only two male contestants this who I found to be consistently likeable and interesting. Most of the others have had periods of being boring or irritating or confusing. Culpepper of course, was insufferable. It has been the female contestants who have made this season watcheable.

Speaking of Aras, I seem to be in the minority because I have never belived he's gay- in either his first season or in this season. I will admit that I was rooting for Aras to be Survivor's second two-time winner! The best to Aras and his fiancee in their marriage and with their first child. No, I am not a woman!

by Anonymousreply 22611/27/2013

Who was voted off?

by Anonymousreply 22711/27/2013

Where is the spoiler for who is in the final three?

Come on, let us in on it.

by Anonymousreply 22911/27/2013

"Namaste bitches!!"

Did Vytas get that from one of our goop threads?

by Anonymousreply 23011/28/2013

Vytas is a whiny little bitch. For all his years of yoga, he's still a spoiled brat who plays the victim. No wonder he was a drug addict. He fits the stereotype. Surprised he's been clean this long, given that his personality is such as it is.

by Anonymousreply 23111/28/2013

Really boring season. The challenges are the same every week and Jeff is beyond monotonous. Maybe it's time to give up on this show since all they do is bring back the same fame-whore people year after year.

Remember when they used to actually talk about the places they filmed and give a little bit of culture and history? Now it's all Jeff and stupid immunity idols and dull challenges.

by Anonymousreply 23211/28/2013

Tyson was very annoying while eating all his food and tosing the bones away, while four of the others actually conpeted in the challenge. He must be likable around camp. There has to be some balance for him to make it this far.

by Anonymousreply 23311/28/2013

Do you think anyone will even know that Caleb is not there?

by Anonymousreply 23411/28/2013

[quote] Speaking of Aras, I seem to be in the minority because I have never belived he's gay-

Well I agree with you. I have terrible gaydar, but Aras does not seem like the type of person that would hide being gay. Let alone get married to a woman when he was gay. If he was gay he seems like he would be completely comfortable with it.

Weird fact: Aras says his name should be pronounced like Oddus not Airus. He says his father pronounces it Oddus, while his brother pronounces it Airus.

Listen to POD cast below

by Anonymousreply 23511/28/2013

It appeared that there were only four places to actually compete in the challenge last night. Like they already knew that 3 people would being eating instead of competing.

by Anonymousreply 23611/28/2013

No, they started out with as many places set up as there were survivors, R236.

Sierra was dumb last night. She's clearly the low man in Tyson's alliance. Once they get rid of Katie and Hayden, she's next. This was her chance to make a move, she may not get another one.

Caleb and Hayden should have gone for Gervase. He knows Tyson or Monica will beat him with the jury. It looks like Hayden tries to recruit him next week.

I will know Caleb's gone, R234. He's gotten better looking every week and he's a sweetheart. His flying-under-the-radar game took him a long way. He broke out once - to get rid of Brad Culpepper. Then he went right back to being Mr. Don't Notice Me.

I'd like to see him beat the fraus (and future voted-offs) at Redemption Island. Do they bring the winner back at the final four, making it final five? That would make sense.

I usually start watching Survivor, then bail early. This season has held my attention. Tyson is a fun "villain" - he's so open, and gleeful, about being a cunt. The relationship ties have added an interesting layer to the game.

by Anonymousreply 23711/28/2013

Why was Monica barely in the show last night? Nobody even approached her when it was 3/3 and they needed a swing vote. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 23811/28/2013

[quote]Tyson was very annoying while eating all his food and tosing the bones away, while four of the others actually conpeted in the challenge. He must be likable around camp. There has to be some balance for him to make it this far.

Tyson looked like a Neanderthal man throwing the chicken, which made me dislike him even more. Annoyed that he didn't get voted out, instead of Caleb. Hayden has a hot body, but I don't care for his fake teeth.

Sierra is a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 23911/28/2013

Tyson will want to take Sierra with him. She's the most disliked and unworthy of them all. He could beat her for sure. Even though she's apparently annoyed the hell out of everyone, Monica could beat Tyson seems to me.

by Anonymousreply 24011/28/2013

Watching Tyson eat chicken and sausages was a profoundly irritating experience. I'm sure he was told to play it up for the cameras but he carried it too far.

by Anonymousreply 24111/29/2013

Right now my Final Three includes Monica and possibly Hayden. Without an idol, Tyson is in trouble, since otherwise he's almost a certain Final Three.

by Anonymousreply 24211/29/2013

While Hayden and Caleb where hatching their plan, I knew that telling Cierra would be the end of one of them. For a moment though it looked like they saved themselves by convincing Tyson that Cierra was playing them against each other, but they took that too far and made Tyson suspicious. They took it to a point where they looked and sounded desperate and Tyson sensed that.

Now with both Aras and Vytas out, we don't have to hear their "I love my brother" baloney any more. It was repeated so often by each of them every week that it came to appear that they were just trying to convince themselves of it.

I think they want to love each other, but they don't. If they did, they wouldn't need to keep singing that same old song.

by Anonymousreply 24311/29/2013

[quote] my instincts tell me that Ciera and Monica are two of the final three.

Probably. Survivor has become a fundie show, and Monica and Ciera are both fundie freaks.

by Anonymousreply 24411/30/2013

My brother, who is not a Survivor fan, came into the room where I was watching the show, and when he saw Tyson, said "Is that a lesbian or a transexual?!".

by Anonymousreply 24511/30/2013

Well, yeah...when Tyson wears those girly ponytails.

by Anonymousreply 24611/30/2013

I don't think Tyson is all that bad looking, but he's no Hayden. Christ what I would do to that kid.

by Anonymousreply 24711/30/2013

[quote]I don't think Tyson is all that bad looking,

In what planet?

by Anonymousreply 24811/30/2013

Ciera is one of the most profoundly irritating contestants they've ever had on this show. And I find it hard to believe that she was a teen slut and mother and then suddenly found Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 24911/30/2013

Tyson is fucking ugly in any world!

by Anonymousreply 25011/30/2013

When are they going to let the redemption island winner back into the game. If its Laura, that would change the alliances.

by Anonymousreply 25112/02/2013

Regarding the Aras/Vytas relationship, I think their rivalry is mainly on Vytas' side. When Aras was eliminated and Vytas was talking about their relationship Aras looked as if he wishes Vytas would just get over being so envious and resentful of him.

As for Vytas, he will be remembered by Survivor fans as Aras whiny, bitchy, jealous brother. Monica was right when she called Vytas a 'brat' when she cast her vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 25212/04/2013

I was explaining the Survivor contestants to my Mom last week: "Tyson is the villian you love and Ciera is the villian you hate."

by Anonymousreply 25312/04/2013

Tina's son, Katie's brother was killed in an automobile crash today. I can't believe Probst didn't make some kind of announcement. Maybe next week at redemption island?

by Anonymousreply 25412/04/2013

At least my burden of watching Survivor is ended with Caleb being defeated at redemption island.

by Anonymousreply 25512/04/2013

R254,

The show is previously recorded. It is not live.

Perhaps next week's episode, the final Wednesday airing of 12.11.2013, will momentarily present this at, say, the close of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 25612/04/2013

R254, you can't be for real. No one is that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 25712/04/2013

I was more shocked he didn't mention Paul Walker's death, I am sure the cast members would want to know.

by Anonymousreply 25812/04/2013

Ciera isn't a villain really and Tyson is just a boring gamebot. Almost as bad as Boston Rob this season.

by Anonymousreply 25912/04/2013

I still want to see a Vytas, Aras, Hayden, Culpepper, John sausage party.

Caleb can film it for us and narrate.

by Anonymousreply 26012/04/2013

Only the second time ever at tribal that they had to draw rocks when the deadlock could not be broken.

by Anonymousreply 26112/04/2013

Ciera changed her vote, not because of the number 4, but because of the number 7.5 (the size of Hayden's cock that she wants so badly).

That's the real truth.

by Anonymousreply 26212/05/2013

[quote] And I find it hard to believe that she was a teen slut and mother and then suddenly found Jesus.

Um, isn't that usually how it goes? Prisoners, sluts, crooks, and liars usually try to "redeem" themselves by becoming fundies. That's why I can't stand them. Hypocritical self-righteous bunch of cunts.

I hate Ciera and Hayden equally, so either of them leaving at this point would be a GOOD THING.

by Anonymousreply 26312/05/2013

Tyson, you may want to climb up that tree. Not saying you'll find anything, but maybe you'll find something.

by Anonymousreply 26412/05/2013

Who got voted out?

by Anonymousreply 26512/05/2013

Katie, Tina's daughter.

Katie, Ciera & Tyson drew rocks.

At this point I am rooting for Monica. Everyone else is just so unlikable. Especially Gervase and the way he acted towards Hayden.

by Anonymousreply 26612/05/2013

Never mind, I looked it up on Wikipedia.

After two tie votes, Katie drew the white rock and was sent to redemption.

Caleb lost the redemption island challenge and is now servicing Aras and Vytras on the jury. Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 26712/05/2013

Never thought I would write this, but if Hayden is voted out I want Monica to win.

by Anonymousreply 26812/05/2013

The last time I watched Survivor and there was a tie breaker (long time ago), it was a contest to see who could make a fire the fastest.

I know they have to make the show fresh, but the drawing of rocks thing was stupid.

by Anonymousreply 26912/05/2013

Hayden has great tits.

by Anonymousreply 27012/05/2013

I agree. I thought they'd do another fire challenge to break the tie.

by Anonymousreply 27112/05/2013

That was a great episode for Hayden. Not only did he look super hot, but shook things up to the point of implosion.

I loved the way he told Tyson straight up that he was trying to get Gervais and Ciera to blindside him. Hayden's no wuss.

The footage of the scary lizard crawling around as Tyson climbed the tree gave me a nightmare last night. He does look just like a lizard.

Fun Fact: I read on Survivor Sucks that Tyson doesn't have his pants at this point. He was telling Monica that she was safe at Tribal Council and she said he should prove it by letting her wear his jeans. He did, and she took them with her to RI.

The Jury reactions were the best part of last night's show.

by Anonymousreply 27212/05/2013

Rustle feathers. LOL!

Poor Tina and her family. I wish people would please wear seatbelts!

Hayden needs an upper lip implant.

I agree it was suspicious that there are 4 zillion trees on the island and Tyson finds the idol up in a branch.

by Anonymousreply 27312/05/2013

The producers gave Tyson the Idol. They can't really give it to them but when you are followed by three camera men and they are all pointing a camera at a tree when you are looking for the idol...

Ciera reading the clue for everyone was ridiculous. Gervase was being an ass. Hayden should have said "yes but I won Big Brother and you won...oh wait no you didn't"

by Anonymousreply 27412/05/2013

And Tyson had to climb fairly high up in the tree to find the idol. What's missing is the amount of time they searched. If it was four-five hours it made sense...30 minutes, no sense whatsoever for Tyson to find the idol so easily.

by Anonymousreply 27512/05/2013

To be fair there we saw a wide shot of Hayden in the forest in front of that very tree, and the camera did fly up to that branch for a moment.

I think the Powers That Be would have wanted Hayden to get the idol first, but of course they had no idea what he would be able to pull off at TC.

Tyson is savvy enough to know about the camera trick, and of course he heard the clue.

by Anonymousreply 27612/05/2013

I am too busy bending over for Culpepper's meaty cock to tell Tyson where the idol is.

by Anonymousreply 27712/05/2013

Last night CBS was all encores except for an original Survivor (2.6/8). The reality competition was up 18% from last week and also, with a 20% rise over its November 27th show, hit a season viewership high with 10.59 million watching.

Survivor was the most watched show of the night with the Criminal Minds (1.7/5) and CSI (1.4/4) repeats getting 8.12 million and 8 million respectively.

by Anonymousreply 27812/05/2013

I want Hayden in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 27912/05/2013

I thought Jeff seemed to be rooting for Hayden during the tribal council. Has he found a new guy to worship, since Culpepper is long gone?

by Anonymousreply 28012/05/2013

Tyson's control-freak side really came out when he tried browbeat Ciera after Katie lost the rock-drawing tiebreaker. Better yet, it came out not just for viewers, but in front of the entire jury, so even if he does get to the end, I think he's less likely to win than someone like Gervase or Monica.

by Anonymousreply 28112/05/2013

Well, I guess CBS pissing off the fans was worth it.

I didn't see it myself, but apparently during last weekend's football games CBS showed a preview that contained several spoilers, including showing Caleb sitting in the Jury, and the players drawing rocks.

This angered the longtime fans, but apparently led some casual viewers to tune it...I guess it is worth it if it extends the franchise or saves the production budget.

It's not "Show Friends"....

by Anonymousreply 28212/05/2013

Gervase isn't going to win. Monica would benefit before Gervase in winning over jurors should they be too pissed at Tyson should they comprise the Final Three.

by Anonymousreply 28312/05/2013

You really should watch Caleb's arrival at Ponderosa on the CBS site. You'll get serious faggy vibes from Vytas and Aras. Caleb's description of the great love he shares with Colton actually made me tear up.

by Anonymousreply 28412/05/2013

And, it so happens that Tyson finds the idol...again!

Such bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 28512/05/2013

Explain to me why it wouldn't be fairer for them to draw rocks to determine whose vote doesn't count rather than who should be voted out.

Pretty unfair on Katie IMO. If I was a Survivor, I wouldn't want Katie to go just yet as she is very beatable at challenges.

by Anonymousreply 28612/05/2013

At this point I wish no one would win. What a group of losers.

by Anonymousreply 28712/06/2013

Get in line R279, get in line!

by Anonymousreply 28812/06/2013

I don't anticipate or expect Tina and Katie to be a part of the "Reunion" special.

by Anonymousreply 28912/06/2013

In this week's post-show Q&A on Entertainment Weekly, Probst says that the worst case scenario would be having the hidden immunity idols remain hidden. He doesn't care who finds it just as long as somebody does.

So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if contestants are told by producers where to dig. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 29012/06/2013

The clue said (paraphrasing) "near the water well" and "up".

It's not hard to scour the trees around the water well. They didn't have to scour trees over the whole island. 't was an easy give away, I'm surprised someone didn't find it immediately.

by Anonymousreply 29112/06/2013

R284, thanks, that is actually some really nice footage of him and Vytas and Aras - it would be nice to see them all get together and get to know each other better. Caleb is not really my type, but his authentic good ole boy manner (as opposed to McConnaughey's fakeness, for example) is charming, and I can't help but find him attractive despite my preference for swarthy bad boys.

by Anonymousreply 29212/06/2013

r291, it's simply the fact that the only person who seems to find it is the one who needs it.

by Anonymousreply 29312/06/2013

I liked both Aras and Caleb in the Ponderosa scenes. I got far more faggy vibes from Marcus and Charlie at Ponderosa several seasons ago.

by Anonymousreply 29412/06/2013

Like I said, the producers manipulate the outcome of the game. Tyson needs the idol, hmm three camera men standing videoing this branch in front of me? HMMM.

Another example, Jeff has stated several times he does not know what goes on at camp, yet he knows exactly what questions to ask at tribal to push buttons. I doubt Ciera would have turned without Jeff directly pointing out she is 4th in the alliance, aiding Hayden.

by Anonymousreply 29512/06/2013

Monica is a scary player to take to the final three and every one else knows it. She hasn't been her afraid to play her own game (voting for Vytas when told to vote for someone else ....), she has done well with individual immunity challenges, etc. I see them all working desperately to cut her loose at fourth.

Ciera is one to take to the end. Even before the merge, she has been useless in challenges as a team or single player. She's only made it this far because someone else always came up as a better person to vote out and she could be used as another vote.

So I would see Tyson-Ciera .........and I'm not sure of a third. Possibly depends on who (and when) the returnee from Redemption gets back into the game.

I would just laugh, laugh, laugh if Tina kicked Laura's ass and got herself back into the game and sent Laura to the jury. "Thanks for all the help, Laura !!".

by Anonymousreply 29612/07/2013

I'm with you on hoping Tina beats Laura on Redemption, not that I'm a Tina fan, but because Laura has been so cocky as to decide who she should "let win" the challenges with her. Cunt.

I liked how Hayden played this week, and have often wondered why others haven't done something similar in the past. When you're on the brink of being voted out, just lay all your cards on the table, and spill everyone else's secrets. The only other thing I would have done is asked Gervase and Ciera what their speeches to the jury would be as to why to vote for them over Tyson. Because neither of them have a prayer, and I don't think it's occurred to them yet.

by Anonymousreply 29712/07/2013

Caleb and Vytas did the cutest sketch based on the famous "I love your skin" boat scene from earlier in the season. Vytas seems pretty vain when it comes to his appearance and Caleb is adamant that Colton is his forever guy. They're marrying next October.

by Anonymousreply 29812/08/2013

r297 he copied Caleb who told everyone at Tribal "brad wanted to vote me out so I am writing his name down..." It was a bold move that got Culpepper out of the game.

by Anonymousreply 29912/08/2013

Aras and Fetus were so hot on the jury. What was that gang sign Fetus threw up when Caleb was voted out?

by Anonymousreply 30012/08/2013

John Woodcock was the hottest Survivor ever. Candice is so lucky. They are like the perfect Ken and Barbie couple plus they are both doctors. Both so good looking and with a combined household income of over $500,000, they won the lottery in life.

by Anonymousreply 30112/08/2013

Technically, Jay Byars is the hottest Survivor contestant ever.

by Anonymousreply 30212/08/2013

I can't believe they hid the idol so high up in the tree? Did they want them to break their neck? And they knew Monica, Gervase, Katie and Caleb would never be able to climb that tree.

Plus there's a liability since in future seasons everyone will try to climb the highest tree to find the idol. Someone's going to fall.

by Anonymousreply 30312/08/2013

[quote]Technically, Jay Byars is the hottest Survivor contestant ever.

And the dumbest. I prefer a real man like John Cody.

by Anonymousreply 30412/08/2013

I loved when Tyson pulled the douchebag move of trying to correct Hayden's semantic error of using the word rustle instead of ruffle. Hayden's response was perfect; he swatted him away like the little gnat he is. It doesn't even matter that rustle usually applies to leaves, not feathers; then again, you could still make a strong argument that rustle is okay usage.

Tyson probably spends his life bullying people by embarrassing them through verbal games; it was nice to see Hayden call him on it, especially since Hayden's reaction was the way one would react when a 6th grader tries to correct an adult.

by Anonymousreply 30512/08/2013

If somehow Hayden could make the final three, he has a good chance to win. Ciera and the returnee from RI might not get in his way. So it will come down to the challenge at F4.

by Anonymousreply 30612/08/2013

Jay Byars isn't an idiot.

He just talks like one.

by Anonymousreply 30712/08/2013

And Jay acts like one. He told Kim about his immunity idol and got himself voted out. He also gave up immunity for 3 chicken wings the week he got voted out.

by Anonymousreply 30812/08/2013

So is next week the family visit episode or are they not having that this year? It's better not to win that challenge and piss people off by not choosing them to see their family members. Or in the case of Malcolm, choosing Lisa and Skupin's family members to come into camp to plot how to vote out Malcolm.

by Anonymousreply 30912/08/2013

Gervase is completely useless and does nothing. Why was so he protesting so much when Hayden was saying Tyson was playing the best game and was going to win. Gervase was like "Eh, eh, eh, no, no, you forgot about me. I'm the best player. I'm just as good as Tyson." Is he DELUSIONAL?!?

by Anonymousreply 31012/08/2013

I wish Caleb had more of a personality. It seemed all his conversations with Hayden were one-sided. Hayden did all the talking and Caleb would just go "uh huh, yeah." And it was Hayden who got Caleb voted out. If Hayden never brought up the idea of taking out Tyson, they all would have just voted out Katie that week. If Caleb never listened to Hayden's stupid plan, he wouldn't have been voted out. I wonder if Caleb blames Hayden.

And Hayden's plan got Katie voted out this week. If she didn't listen to his stupid plan, she would still be there. I wonder if Katie blames Hayden.

by Anonymousreply 31112/08/2013

And Gervase is just so stupid at Tribal Council. He always says too much and the wrong things. I can't believe he counted Cierra as number 4 and when out on it by Jeff, he didn't even try to correct it. He just said "That's just how I count." How stupid is he?? He should have counted again in the other direction with Cierra as number 1 and himself as number 4.

by Anonymousreply 31212/08/2013

Thank God Katie drew the white rock. It would have been a travesty to have Tyson going home that way after controlling the whole game. It's fine to be taken out by a vote because that's gameplay but to lose because of random chance is not okay. Imagine if Boston Rob or Kim Spradlin or Cockran had drawn the white rock at final 5 and went home because of random chance even though they played the best game. Eddie or Sherri would have won. It would have made their seasons a joke.

by Anonymousreply 31312/08/2013

R313,

Boston Rob's "winning" season was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 31412/09/2013

I don't think *anyone* really understood who was going to be drawing a rock until Jeff finally explained it all.

By that point, I think most thought that there was a one in five shot at picking the white rock (and that Hayden and Monica would pick too). Possibly even a one in six shot too and that Gervace would have to pick as well, even with individual immunity).

Who knows. Either way, I'm going to give Tyson some props there for letting it go that far at this point and going with the rock picking (especially when he has a hidden individual immunity idol again). I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd looked at his alliance and said, "Sorry, folks we've gotta agree that Monica's gotta go this time. We'll get Hayden or Katie next go around."

by Anonymousreply 31512/09/2013

Ever since they picked rocks in Elizabitch's season, contestants have known what they're getting into with drawing rocks.

by Anonymousreply 31612/09/2013

Tyson had huge balls to pick rocks with a 1 in 3 chance he would go home. All he had to do was vote Monica out since Hayden had nothing to lose and wasn't bulging. Hopefully Monica is grateful to Tyson and his loyalty to her.

It would have been funny if Cierra was the one who picked the white rock since she was perfectly safe until she rocked the boat and decided to make it a tie. There will be hell to pay next week when she becomes Enemy #1 to Tyson and Gervase. Hayden's target just became smaller.

by Anonymousreply 31712/09/2013

It seems Hayden really likes to draw rocks. He was ready to draw rocks last time too when he wouldn't vote out Brad Culpepper. If not for Veetus who decided to break the tie, they would have drew rocks.

by Anonymousreply 31812/09/2013

It was Hayden who lured Ciera away from the major alliance. Yes, it turned out badly when Katie picked the whole rock. But, the odds were on his side, with Monica and Tyson picking rocks as well. I like Caleb a lot too, Hayden not so much, but Hayden deserves credit for shaking things up. Caleb's big move came at the beginning of the show.

by Anonymousreply 31912/09/2013

[quote]But, the odds were on his side, with Monica and Tyson picking rocks as well.

Monica was safe and didn't pick. There was only a 1 in 3 shot to get Tyson. Odds were not in Hayden's favor.

by Anonymousreply 32112/10/2013

I like Caleb but he's the type who would never be cast on a reality show. He's too quiet, low-key, introverted, withdrawn. He would never have passed the audition process if it were not for the Blood Vs. Water twist. Same with Katie, never would have been cast. Same with Laura B. Too shy and awkward. Would never have been considered if not for Rupert.

Vytus and Cierra, on the other hand, I think would have been cast based on their own lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 32212/10/2013

That was still the closest anyone has gotten to eliminating Tyson all season though. Gervace actually used his brain for once and didn't go along with Hayden, because we all know without Tyson he would be next. But him opening his mouth at tribal council and basically letting Ciera know where she stood, even after she shared the clue and told Tyson last week that Hayden and Caleb were gunning for him, was one of the dumbest moves ever.

by Anonymousreply 32312/10/2013

The thing I think they all realize about getting to final four is that once you do, it is really *anyone's* game. All it takes is one wild card to win an individual immunity challenge and the 'planned' final three is totally fucked up.

Plus there's still one player coming back in from Redemption Island to try and muck things up too.

by Anonymousreply 32412/10/2013

To the idiot who said they drew rocks on a Elisabeth's season you're wrong. It was in Marquesas two seasons later.

by Anonymousreply 32512/11/2013

Made a mistake on which season it was. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 32612/11/2013

As penance, R326, you must now go throw an actual rock at Hasselcrack.

by Anonymousreply 32712/11/2013

[quote]The thing I think they all realize about getting to final four is that once you do, it is really *anyone's* game.

It actually isn't anyone's game. There is no way in hell Katie, Gervase, or Laura will win. It would be a travelocity if Gervase wins since he rode on Tyson's coattails and basically did nothing all season except be stupid. He's useless.

Tina might win since she has the support of the majority on the jury but that would be horrible too since they would just be rewarding her because they like her, not due to gameplay.

Monica has been invisible and would be a horrible winner. Did she even talk last episode?

Absolute tragedy if that stupid homophobe Cierra wins. She didn't do anything except foolishly flip-flopping every week.

Hayden didn't really do anything either. His two big moves blew up in his face and sent Caleb and Katie home.

Sad to say it but the only valid winner is Tyson. He controlled the whole game and made all the moves. It's almost like the Boston Rob season where Rob was the only possible choice to win (no way in hell Phillip or Natalie was winning that one).

by Anonymousreply 32812/11/2013

Does Tyson deserve to win? Yes. But there is a thing called bitter jury syndrome that has sent many a deserved winner home with nothing.

by Anonymousreply 32912/11/2013

I'd love to throw a rock at Elizabitch, but, unfortunately, I tend to throw like a girl. I'd miss her unless she tried to dodge. But I'll keep it in mind for the future.

by Anonymousreply 33012/11/2013

Yes, give the bitter jury a likeable person as an alternative, and all bets are off. Case in point Eddie over Cochran last season, if Eddie had gotten beyond F4.

by Anonymousreply 33112/11/2013

Tyson will win because, well, he's Tyson and we wanted him to win when we found out Coach wasn't available to be on the show. That, and because Rupert switched places with his stupid blabby wife.

by Anonymousreply 33212/11/2013

The editors seemed to be trying to make Tyson sympathetic last week, when Tyson was getting emotional about his girlfriend. I think the editors knew Tyson would not be likeable later in the episode, so they were trying to soften him.

Monica has played a very good game, but most of the time she has been low key, so that points away from her winning.

As for Ciera, I know DL dislikes her for her homophobia, but I would say she has been a pretty good player strategically. Ciera's only mistake is that her attempt to make a power shift did not work.

If Hayden makes a big move that works then he will deserve to win, until that point though, I would say Tyson is the most deserving.

by Anonymousreply 33312/11/2013

Homophobic cunt Sierra can't win, thank the tiki gods. Everyone hates her and rightly so.

Tyson should win but the juries don't always reward the best player. From last week's previews, it looks like Sierra kicks the hornet's nest with Monica. Good times.

I have to avoid this thread from 5:00 to 9:00 PST.

by Anonymousreply 33412/11/2013

I actually dislike Sierra more than Tyson. I don't want her to win.

by Anonymousreply 33512/11/2013

[quote]I'd love to throw a rock at Elizabitch, but, unfortunately, I tend to throw like a girl. I'd miss her unless she tried to dodge. But I'll keep it in mind for the future.

LOL, too funny!

by Anonymousreply 33612/11/2013

Sierra and Hayden are not going quietly. Good for them, especially tonight.

by Anonymousreply 33712/11/2013

It's ridiculous that while everyone else is either followed or interrupted when searching for an idol, Tyson was able to sneak away not once but twice and dig around, climb trees etc undisturbed long enough to find 2 idols. I mean, what the hell?

by Anonymousreply 33812/12/2013

because they gave it to him...

Monica might actually be smart. If she had voted off Gervase, Tyson has the idol and she knows that. Next week Tyson would not have gone and unless Gervase won Redemption, odds are Monica would go.

This way she can still go to Ciera and who ever wins redemption and say "now okay we have the numbers" Either way though Tyson will not go. All he has to do is say "I have the idol" he knows they won't vote for him because then Tyson controls the vote...which is not to say he can't give the idol to Gervase and still control the vote. at worst it would come out a tie. There is no way Tyson is not in final three.

by Anonymousreply 33912/12/2013

Tina's 25 yr old son died last week in a car crash. He was a passenger in the car but didn't have his seat belt on. He was ejected from the car and was DOA at the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 34012/12/2013

No way Gervase will win with that jury. For two tribal councils in a row they have watched him have a violent outburst. No way they will give a million bucks to the angry black man.

by Anonymousreply 34112/12/2013

R320, that wasn't cool. I was expecting to see a funny pic, but instead you posted his obituary. You're a real jerk to find that amusing.

[quote] it was Hayden who got Caleb voted out.

It was Hayden who got everyone voted out - himself included. I hate Big Brother and Hayden, but damn that guy is super hot.

I kept staring at his arm pits, and body, and shoulders, and started getting warm all over. He looks like a caveman, but there's something kinda hot about him.

I have a feeling that he's going to leave Kat for Ciera. Hayden and Ciera have more chemistry than he does with Kat.

[quote] Homophobic cunt Sierra can't win

She was SO arrogant on this episode. In her interviews, she was basically saying "fuck you" to everyone, because when her mommy gets back in the game, they're gonna kick some ass!

Not only do I hope that Tina beats Laura, but I hope that's immediately followed by the tribe voting out Ciera. A fundie ouster, one-two punch.

Fuck BOTH of those bitches.

Tyson for the win! However, I'm sensing a Tina win. Can you imagine? Two fucking million dollars and two Survivor wins.

The edit seems to be pointing to Tina, the selfless mom who battles back from adversity and redemption island, to win it all. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 34212/12/2013

[quote]However, I'm sensing a Tina win. Can you imagine? Two fucking million dollars and two Survivor wins.

Yeah, I can.

by Anonymousreply 34312/12/2013

Tina will have to beat Laura and Hayden to get back in the game. The odds are slim on that.

We might as well as get ready for the coronation of Tyson on Sunday night. That outcome is by far the most likely.

Ciera was correct in most things she told Monica about what Tyson and Gervase said behind her back. It was not going to work; we saw earlier that Monica was a relentless cheerleader for her asshole husband.

by Anonymousreply 34412/12/2013

Can someone post a link to Ciera's homophobia? I am completely clueless as to what that is a reference to. She seems kind of sweet. Did she say something, like 'alternative lifestyle', or what exactly? Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 34612/12/2013

[quote}The edit seems to be pointing to Tina, the selfless mom who battles back from adversity and redemption island, to win it all.

A "selfless" mom would have let her daughter win.

by Anonymousreply 34712/12/2013

Tina's daughter seemed really useless.

by Anonymousreply 34812/12/2013

r348 seemed?? Christ she sat through the whole game..

by Anonymousreply 34912/12/2013

..I was expecting to see a funny pic, but instead you posted his obituary. You're a real jerk to find that amusing.

What makes you think I find it amusing? You expected something funny and when you didn't get it, I'm the idiot? Your logic and assumptions are the signs of a real idiot.

by Anonymousreply 35012/12/2013

[quote]I wish I could ban [R320] permanently. I am working on it.

What the fuck? Because he posted an obituary? We don't ban people for that.

While I'm at it, we also don't "LOL Too funny!" or "Me too!" and we definitely don't "Thanks in advance!" unless we're being sarcastic.

You fraus need to clean up your collective act or take it back to the frau sites from whence you came. t

by Anonymousreply 35112/12/2013

[quote]While I'm at it, we also don't "LOL Too funny!" or "Me too!" and we definitely don't "Thanks in advance!" unless we're being sarcastic.

I spit my coffee all over my keyboard when I read this! ROTFLMAO!

by Anonymousreply 35212/12/2013

If Hayden gets back in, makes it to the end and manages to win, he'd be the first winner of both SURVIVOR and BIG BROTHER.

by Anonymousreply 35312/12/2013

I never really did before, but I'm starting to find Hayden HOT. No wonder Kat was so worried he might dump her. I'd wanna hang on to that too.

by Anonymousreply 35512/12/2013

R355, me, too. After what 30 days living rough on an island, and he STILL looks hot standing there next to Ciera last night.

by Anonymousreply 35612/12/2013

'Survivor' star Mike Skupin lands in the Hall of Shame

by Anonymousreply 35712/12/2013

Am I the only one rooting for Laura to be the first one eliminated in the next duel? Somehow she has really been getting on my nerves. It would be funny if Tina or Hayden steals Laura's thunder.

As for Hayden and Ciera, doesn't Ciera have children and a husband?

Two weeks ago my brother mistook Tyson for a lesbian or a female-to-male sexual. Looking at Tyson during this past episode, I understand the confusion!

by Anonymousreply 35812/12/2013

Yikes! Skupin's a sociopath?

by Anonymousreply 35912/12/2013

It is possible that all the Ciera talk about her mom coming back is a set up for Hayden or Tina returning instead.

This is not a knock on Ciera, but the editing.

by Anonymousreply 36012/13/2013

[quote] Yikes! Skupin's a sociopath?

If you watch the video, he's photographed with George W. Bush and Pat Robertson, not to mention that he's a fundie freak.

And you're surprised he's a sociopath? I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 36112/13/2013

I hope Blair Warner didn't invest!

by Anonymousreply 36212/13/2013

I actually think that 'moment' Tyson had that the producers aired about his girlfriend was real and it will be what will win him the million dollars when he says something very similar at the final tribal jury.

Everyone on that particular tribal jury can understand acting a bit of a dick because you think you're going to play the game with your loved one and then a bunch of other folks vote them out of the game. And, of course, in true Tyson style ... he would take that to the limit.

by Anonymousreply 36312/13/2013

What do you think the Reunion Show format will be like? Will the pre-jury people be seated in the audience and ignored again? They got a lot of flack for that last season. If they sit them in the audience, Jeff can ignore Colton and pretend he doesn't exist so that's convenient.

I think they'll let them on stage this time since they have to talk to the loved ones. Jeff will most definitely talk to Brad Culpepper to ask him about Monica and to Marissa about Gervase. Do you think they will sit them in the order of elimination or sit them by their loved ones?

Do you think Tina and Katie will attend the reunion? It would seem kind of crass for them to come. But then again they lose out on $10,000 each if they don't attend. That's $20,000! What would you do in this situation?

by Anonymousreply 36412/13/2013

It's the finale already and we didn't even get the family visit episode! I like seeing them all cry and act like babies because they haven't seen their family in 30 days. Some of us haven't seen our families for a year and we don't break down and cry hysterically.

by Anonymousreply 36512/13/2013

Tina and Katie will probably make a brief appearance via satellite like that pregggo broad did last year.

by Anonymousreply 36612/13/2013

So there really is no acceptable outcome than a Tyson win. Gervase is a joke. Monica is seen as a lapdog. That homophobic cunt Cierra cannot win. Cunt's homophobic mother cannot win. If Tina or Hayden make it to the finals and win because of a bitter jury voting on who they like rather than gameplay, then this season would be a joke.

It would be even worse than Sandra winning when Rustle and Poverty played circles around her and Sandra was "just there" as an alternative choice for a bitter jury.

by Anonymousreply 36712/13/2013

Tina was very selfish taking that win from Katie. She's already experienced the finals and actually won so why not try to give that experience to her daughter? You could tell Katie was annoyed even though she kept telling her mother it was okay. Very selfish mother. I wasn't expecting that at all. I thought for sure she was going to lay down for her daughter and just sit there until Katie wins.

by Anonymousreply 36812/13/2013

This jury has a good reason to be bitter if the final three are Tyson, Monica and Gervase, all returning players. I would vote for Monica because of her challenge wins, and she is slightly less annoying than the other two.

Returning players have a huge advantage over people who are playing "Survivor" for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 36912/13/2013

Tyson is not winning. It's Monica's to lose.

by Anonymousreply 37012/13/2013

Monica winning would be a complete joke. She didn't do anything and was just dragged to the finale on Tyson's coattails.

by Anonymousreply 37112/13/2013

I wish John Cody would do Sean Cody. Do you think he will?

by Anonymousreply 37212/13/2013

At that last tribal council, Monica proved herself to be Brad Culpepper's total Stepford fembot wife. You know her wheels were spinning during Ciera's encouraging 'You're family will be sooooo proud when you play your own game, Monica' thing.

Monica was like "Oh shit, can't piss off the Culpepper .... Hayden's definitely gotta go. Thanks Ciera. Decision made!!! "

by Anonymousreply 37312/13/2013

Plus, I am sure that Brad Culpepper has called Monica worse things to her face than either Tyson or Gervase might have said behind her back (funny how neither of them bothered to DENY any of that....)

by Anonymousreply 37412/13/2013

Tyson seems well liked, even by Sierra and Hayden. He's also smart and would give a good speech to the jury. I'm not saying Monica isn't going to win but I'd bet on Tyson.

If I was on the show with my loved one and one of us had to go, the question wouldn't be "Who wants this more?" Instead, it would be, "Who can actually win this thing?" Tina clearly has a better shot than her daughter did. I'd much rather my mom come home with $1 million than be able to say I participated in Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 37512/13/2013

I really can't believe I'm watching the same show as some of you here who seem to be on the Tyson Love Boat.

He is a bully, he's pushy, he's not a team player. No way in HELL I would vote for him - Monica would be my pick.

by Anonymousreply 37612/13/2013

The problem with the logic at r367 is that it assumes there is one right way to play Survivor. There's not. (Probst makes the same assumption.) The game is getting to the final tribal council and convincing people that were voted out to give you a million dollars. That's it.

So while you want to give money to someone who controlled the game, others may want to give the money to the nicest player, or the one who did the best at challenges, or the one that needs the money the most, or a hundred other reasons. The real secret to this game is trying to figure out what your fellow players will vote for. And that's where Russell (much to Jeff's frustration) continually fell short. Russell felt that the player who made bold moves should win. He never figured out that he needed to determine what his fellow contestants would reward; he just assumed they would reward the same behavior that he wanted to reward.

It amazes me that after so many years of hosting and producing this game, Probst hasn't figured that out. A couple of weeks ago, he bitched out Katie at tribal council because she was sitting back and not playing the game. (Or similar words.) What that translates to is "you're not playing the game the way I want you to play the game." She was playing, she was just playing a quiet game, trying to stay out of the spotlight, and relying on social relationships to get through. Probst might not like it because its boring and doesn't pull in viewers, but it's a perfectly legitimate approach that's worked effectively in past seasons.

by Anonymousreply 37712/13/2013

I would so love for Jeff to throw shade at Colton during the live reunion and for Colton to say, "Jeff, I do not give a shit what you think about me."

by Anonymousreply 37812/13/2013

Thank you, R376, I was reading this thread thinking the same thing. Tyson is repulsive. I can't imagine being enough of an asshole to want him to win.

by Anonymousreply 37912/13/2013

R357's link is well worth watching. That reporter has brass ones!

by Anonymousreply 38012/13/2013

Colton will definitely cause a scene at the reunion show. He doesn't know how to NOT cause a scene.

by Anonymousreply 38112/13/2013

R377: Exactly right. There are many ways to win "Survivor." I think likability is most important, but some unlikable people have won.

Thanks for your post, one of the most thoughful I have ever read about "Survivor."

by Anonymousreply 38212/13/2013

I don't understand why Gervase thinks he's some kind of great player this season. He has done fuck-all other than ride Tyson's ass. Tyson's a douche and Monica's a stepford wife.

Sierra and Laura are both fucking annoying, as well as being born-again morons. I don't want either of them to win.

That leaves me rooting for Tina and Hayden, with only one of them possibly coming back. Laura's dominated Redemption Island challenges so I'm not sure what kind of chance they have anyway.

If Laura wins again, it's Tyson, Gervase, Monica, Sierra and Laura in an all-asshole finale. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 38312/13/2013

[quote]It would be even worse than Sandra winning when Rustle and Poverty played circles around her and Sandra was "just there" as an alternative choice for a bitter jury.

Meanwhile, Sandra is the only player to have won TWICE!

She must be doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 38412/13/2013

r377 nails it. There have been at least as many players to win the game with an "under the radar" strategy, if not more. It's arguably the better way to go. It annoys Probst because, presumably, he thinks it makes the show less interesting.

I frankly think Probst's time with this show is up. He openly tries to manipulate players and he inserts himself in the game at important points.

by Anonymousreply 38512/13/2013

Russell always lost because of his social game. His strategic game was the best but he was a fool to solely depend on that.

There are countless way to win Survivor but the most popular one seems to be the alpha dog strategist that Tyson is playing an who Boston Rob perfected. As long as he doesn't get too cocky or full of himself (Russell's downfall) he'll win.

Parvati played Heroes vs Villains so well, and the girls that season were petty, they were jealous of her and were haters. With that said, Sandra truly did play a better game. She had not strategy and was physically useless, her game was purely social and that's the toughest way to win. Her game was "under the radar" but most people who are "under the radar" are no Sandra. Russell's season he would've easily won but he chose not to be social to the bitter end. Then an "under the radar" won. I do agree that Probst needs to go though!

I'm so sick of mixed seasons, they are so predictable. Either do all newbies or do all stars, or alternate, but I hope they stop mixing them like this.

by Anonymousreply 38612/13/2013

[quote]Parvati played Heroes vs Villains so well, and the girls that season were petty, they were jealous of her and were haters. With that said, Sandra truly did play a better game. She had no strategy and was physically useless

No way in hell Sandra played a better game than Parvati. Parvati played the hell out of that game. Remember her handing out idols like it was candy? Sandra wouldn't even be there if it weren't for all the moves Parvati made. Sandra was just along for the ride like useless Gervase is doing. Like you said, Sandra had no strategy and was totally useless. Disgusting that she won over Parvati who truly deserved it (even more so than her Fans Vs. Favorites win). Heroes Vs. Villains was an epic season until the ending. It would be like Gervase winning this great season and ruining it.

by Anonymousreply 38712/13/2013

I wish they'd do away with Redemption Island

by Anonymousreply 38812/14/2013

[quote]He is a bully, he's pushy, he's not a team player. No way in HELL I would vote for him - Monica would be my pick.

And you probably wouldn't have voted for Richard Hatch to win either. You would have voted for that nice old man Rudy to win because he's just so nice and harmless, nevermind that he didn't do jackshit in the game. Thank god there were people who respected the game and voted for Richard.

by Anonymousreply 38912/14/2013

Parvati apparently openly made fun of JT's letter with Russell. Considering almost every Hero agreed to the plan that was really rubbing salt in e wound and she was setting herself up for a bitter jury. Yes HvV would have felt more right with Parvati winning but it's not like she played a perfect game or anything.

by Anonymousreply 39012/14/2013

Who WOULDN'T make fun of JT's love letter? Even Sandra laughed at it.

by Anonymousreply 39112/14/2013

I think Hayden will win at RI, and get back in the game. The law of averages may indicate that the contest would not favor Laura M yet again. John and Laura B had no chance against Laura M in the first double elimination contest on RI.

by Anonymousreply 39212/14/2013

Plus I think Parvati tried to cut herself from Russell far too late in that season as well. But, then I forget ....did she win that one or did Sandra ???

by Anonymousreply 39312/14/2013

I respect Monica's move. Why leave a 3-person alliance for another 3-person alliance that's about to gain a person and make you irrelevant?

Better to flip next tribal instead of this one, to make sure you're in the final.

by Anonymousreply 39412/14/2013

There was a lot of hoopla about Colton's recent tweet commenting on Kat's horrible boob job she just had. It was a despicable tweet--I think he said "botched boob job" or something like that.

(Colton's words, not mine, and sorry if this has already been discussed in this thread.)

Hayden lashed out at Colton on Twitter, saying he was a horrible human being to say things like that to people, and that he bet Colton wouldn't be talking like that at the finale.

Colton tweeted back that he certainly would say whatever he wanted...

So that's a little drama to look for tomorrow night. It takes a lot for Hayden to blow up on somebody like that, so you know he was good and mad.

I guess Kat did get some new boobs in the last six weeks or so. I saw a few pictures last week, but I really couldn't tell how extreme the new jugs are. I think her body was beautiful, and I'm disappointed that she would feel she needs to do that. She had a lean athletic look and was such a natural beauty.

I think Haydon and Kat will stay together a while. Not just because he likes her, but they might be able to get on Amazing Race now. (speculation only)

If Hayden does make a change, it will likely be for a centerfold-type...no way someone like Ciera would be the girl for him.

by Anonymousreply 39512/14/2013

Is Survivor on Sunday this week?

by Anonymousreply 39612/14/2013

Hayden and Kat are STILL together? Why would he want to date someone who didn't even make the merge?

by Anonymousreply 39712/14/2013

Can Kat even get breast implants with her open heart surgery? Isn't there risks?

by Anonymousreply 39812/14/2013

So Kat is no longer dating her hot cousin? They love to bark and crawl on the floor pretending they're doggies.

by Anonymousreply 39912/14/2013

I can't believe Caleb said they are the same except Colton has more estrogen than him. WTF? What a homophobic insult. If I were Colton I would slap him just for saying that on national TV.

by Anonymousreply 40012/14/2013

r400, You mean Colton isn't a woman?

by Anonymousreply 40112/14/2013

[quote]No way in hell Sandra played a better game than Parvati.

Of course she did. She won.

Again, that's really the only way to judge who played the "best" game. Winning challenges, finding immunity idols, engineering who gets voted out, etc. are tools of the game. They aren't the point of the game.

I don't win Monopoly just because I put a hotel on Boardwalk.

by Anonymousreply 40212/14/2013

R402, you can't say just because someone won, they played the best game. Sometimes the best player doesn't win due to luck or bitter juries. In season 1, Richard Hatch won by one vote because Greg said "Choose a number and I'll vote for the person who gets closest." So Kelly Wigglesworth could have just as easily won that season. Then would you say Kelly played the best game that season, not Hatch? No way!!

by Anonymousreply 40312/14/2013

Sure I would have, R403. Whoever won played the best game. That's how it works.

How do you define who played the best game?

by Anonymousreply 40412/14/2013

So you would've said Kelly played the best game due to a random coin flip of Greg???

by Anonymousreply 40512/14/2013

If Kelly wins the million dollars, then she played the best game. The point of Survivor isn't to be the most strategic in voting out other players, or to have the best alliance, it's to win the final vote.

Put it this way: let's say I answer all my Jeopardy questions correctly and have $20k, and you answer one question right and have $200. In Final Jeopardy, we both get the answer incorrect, but I bet all my money, and you bet $199, you win $1 vs. $0. You played the better game. I might have more correct answers, but you beat me and that's the point of the game.

by Anonymousreply 40612/14/2013

Your Jeopardy analogy doesn't apply since that is a legit win based on merit. A more apt analogy would be if you have $20K and I have $200, then Alex Trebek says "Choose a number between 1 to 10. Whoever gets closest wins the game." In this case, regardless of who wins the random 50/50 coin toss, you would have played a better game answering all the questions right to earn $20K.

by Anonymousreply 40712/14/2013

Or if in Final Jeopardy, Alex Trebek takes out a bag of rocks and tells you all to draw rocks. I wouldn't say whoever draws the black rock played the best game and whoever drew the white rock played the lesser game.

by Anonymousreply 40812/14/2013

Actually Greg was always voting for Richard but he had no ill will to Kelly so he didn't want to tell her she had no chance of getting his vote.

by Anonymousreply 40912/14/2013

We'll have to agree to disagree, then.

But for the life of me, I don't know how you're defining what "the best game" is. I'm simply defining it as the person who earns the most votes in the final tribal council.

by Anonymousreply 41012/15/2013

So Gervase could easily earn the most votes in the final tribal council. Would you say he played the best game? Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 41112/15/2013

[quote]Your Jeopardy analogy doesn't apply since that is a legit win based on merit. A more apt analogy would be if you have $20K and I have $200, then Alex Trebek says "Choose a number between 1 to 10. Whoever gets closest wins the game." In this case, regardless of who wins the random 50/50 coin toss, you would have played a better game answering all the questions right to earn $20K.

Not necessarily. If Alex (or the producers) added this rule, then whoever picks the number closest to Alex's played the best game. The fact that I answered all my questions correctly becomes irrelevant.

[quote]Or if in Final Jeopardy, Alex Trebek takes out a bag of rocks and tells you all to draw rocks. I wouldn't say whoever draws the black rock played the best game and whoever drew the white rock played the lesser game.

Again, we disagree. If Alex decided that's how Final Jeopardy is played, then whoever picks the black rock played the best game.

by Anonymousreply 41212/15/2013

[quote]So Gervase could easily earn the most votes in the final tribal council. Would you say he played the best game? Hell no.

From my earlier posts, you know that I would say Gervase played the best game.

Is there another objective of Survivor that I'm not aware of?

by Anonymousreply 41312/15/2013

ha, I was with R326 thinking the rocks broke up Elizabeth and her old man -- but they were picked off one by one. Indeed, it was the elderly judge from GA and the Utah Mormon girl where the rocks happened.

Easy mistake though. Same exact casting, same exact father/daughter "I won't write his/her name down" dynamic. One I'm glad they got rid of along the way.

Rooting for Hayden to get back in and take it at the 11th hour. Too hot not to reward, ha.

by Anonymousreply 41412/15/2013

[quote] Tina was very selfish taking that win from Katie. She's already experienced the finals and actually won so why not try to give that experience to her daughter?

Are you kidding? Tina did the right thing. Katie was obviously NOT up to par.

If Tina had even the slightest inkling that Katie could beat Laura, I'm sure she would have let her win.

Unfortunately, I think that Tina just knew Katie didn't have the right stuff to beat Laura, and therefore took it upon herself to stay in the game.

At least her family still has a shot at winning the million. If Katie was still in, I guarantee that Hayden or Laura would have beat her at the Redemption Island challenge.

That's why Tina did what she did. I would have done the same.

by Anonymousreply 41512/15/2013

Is Caleb the first undetectable gay on the show? If he didn't tell anyone he was Colton's feyonce, no one would have suspected he was gay. I wonder why he decided to reveal that about himself.

by Anonymousreply 41612/15/2013

[quote] Is Caleb the first undetectable gay on the show?

He seems to be fairly straight-acting, but he doesn't really get a lot of screen time.

by Anonymousreply 41712/15/2013

[quote] If he didn't tell anyone he was Colton's feyonce

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 41812/15/2013

Is someone seriously implying Caleb could have gotten away with saying he didn't have a loved one?

by Anonymousreply 41912/15/2013

Shit. I hope they don't turn the reunion show into the Ciera and Laura hour.

by Anonymousreply 42012/15/2013

Oh...my...GAWD!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42112/15/2013

Monica looks so waxy

by Anonymousreply 42212/15/2013

[quote]Shit. I hope they don't turn the reunion show into the Ciera and Laura hour.

Or that Aras and Vytas.

Oh, wait, they didn't last as long.

by Anonymousreply 42312/15/2013

I heard that a bug flew into Hayden's eye, which distracted him.

by Anonymousreply 42412/15/2013

Hayden just lost.

by Anonymousreply 42512/15/2013

Did anyone catch Tyson wearing pigtails? OMG.

by Anonymousreply 42612/15/2013

Tyson wants to be officially Knighted, how incredibly irritating.

by Anonymousreply 42712/15/2013

Tyson looks like a scarecrow.. an arrogant scarecrow.

by Anonymousreply 42812/15/2013

Terrible final three. Why a jury session? Will anyone on the jury really want to ask any questions? Surely it's a quick unanimous vote.

by Anonymousreply 42912/15/2013

Ugh, Hayden looks extra thin-lipped and durpy faced sitting in the jury.

by Anonymousreply 43012/15/2013

Tyson deserves first, Monica second and Gervase third.

I don't like Monica's pity party, but she's played an underrated game.

by Anonymousreply 43112/15/2013

Glad that for once, they didn't do the stupid memory walk.

by Anonymousreply 43212/15/2013

What more has Monica had done to her face!? She looks horrific on the reunion show.

by Anonymousreply 43312/15/2013

OMG, Monica looks so different!

by Anonymousreply 43412/15/2013

Can the whole hour just be Aras? The hot ones never last.

by Anonymousreply 43512/15/2013

Hayden is hot too.

by Anonymousreply 43612/15/2013

How did a cunt like Colton land a cute cub like Caleb? I'll never understand.

by Anonymousreply 43712/15/2013

Didn't expect to see Tina and Katie at the live show.

by Anonymousreply 43812/15/2013

Please let this be the last time I ever have to see Rupert on Survivor. I am so tired of him.

by Anonymousreply 43912/15/2013

Amen R439!!!

by Anonymousreply 44012/15/2013

Omg just get to John and Candice already. Everyone else is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 44112/15/2013

The [italic]Reunion[/italic] show has no value anymore. A third of it is therapeutic/aren't-I-now-totally-evolved assessments. Another third of it is deliberate wasting of time focusing on nonsense details from the game. And the remaining third is to distract from the just-concluded edition with some guests from the audience (which reminds viewers why it's good this edition finally came to an end).

by Anonymousreply 44212/15/2013

Cross-promotion of Cochran's new Hollywood life. This is what these [italic]Reunion[/italic] specials have come to.

by Anonymousreply 44312/15/2013

Big Brother Babes!

GO BRENCHEL!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 44412/15/2013

Colton looks like a Travolta.

by Anonymousreply 44512/15/2013

Beauty, brains, brawn.

by Anonymousreply 44612/15/2013

Damn, I still want Brad Culpepper inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 44712/15/2013

God, I was just thinking the same thing--I hope I never have to see Rupert again, or his Eeyore of a wife.

by Anonymousreply 44812/15/2013

I like Tyson. Am I the only one?

by Anonymousreply 44912/15/2013

Yes, r449.

What is their obsession with the Philippines?

by Anonymousreply 45012/15/2013

Feel bad for Tina and Katie

by Anonymousreply 45112/15/2013

Probst fawning over Rupert. ,

I'm shocked. God, I hate that guy.

by Anonymousreply 45212/15/2013

Ha, got it. Well, out of order...

by Anonymousreply 45312/15/2013

Vitas should have shaved for the Reunion Show, but Hayden looked handsome with his new haircut.

by Anonymousreply 45412/15/2013

Isn't Tyson the third Mormon to win? I wonder if the church will get 10%.

by Anonymousreply 45512/15/2013

Could never miss it but dull dull dull...

Just curious, fellow fans (all three of us left maybe)... When was the last time you were genuinely happy with the winner being revealed? Even if just caught off guard. Or someone you adored won if we can think back that far.

It feels sooooo predetermined these days. I am at a loss myself. Maybe when Aras won? Fabio (though that was more because he was hot... I skipped most of that season, I think)? I myself hate all the returning Cochrans, Boston Robs, Ruperts, though this season was a little easier to take on that count. Notice Final Four was all returnees though. Planned that way?

by Anonymousreply 45612/15/2013

Tyson winning Survivor was totally uneventful.

Monica did prove that she was Tyson's lapdog.

Rupert is tiring already.

Caleb is such a cute nice guy. Why he loves Colton is beyond my comprehension.

Oh God, Tyson acts as if he has hasn't seen Rachel in years.

by Anonymousreply 45712/15/2013

Wins that I was happy about off the top of my head: Denise last fall, Sandra in Heroes vs Villains, Yul during the ethnicity tribe season, and Aras.

by Anonymousreply 45812/15/2013

I've watched every Survivor season, and still can't remember Aras winning.

by Anonymousreply 45912/15/2013

Rob Cesterino is on.

by Anonymousreply 46012/15/2013

Kim's win was great.

by Anonymousreply 46112/15/2013

Was there no fan favorite award or did I miss it?

by Anonymousreply 46212/15/2013

The season Aras won was not particularly memorable. He and Cirie were the only good things about it.

by Anonymousreply 46312/15/2013

Your right there was no fan favorite. I'm sure Hayden, Vitas Gerialitus, or Bjorn Borg would have won.

by Anonymousreply 46412/15/2013

Fabio's win was pretty good, not just because he is hot. He was not in the major alliance, but won by going on an immunity challenge run, which imoressed the jury. And he was not disliked because Fabio did not vote anyone out on the jury as a leader.

If Monica had actually flipped sides instead of just continually talking about it. I would been more impressed with her than Tyson, even if Tyson won.

by Anonymousreply 46512/16/2013

Watched Aras's season again recently and it was filled with cool people. Maybe not great TV but nice human beings at least. Shayne the smoker was the villain of sorts but even he was kind of fun.

Forgot about Denise, she was a good win, loved her kind of butch persona and remember she had to fight her way up.

by Anonymousreply 46612/16/2013

For the first time ever, after the Tyson win reveal, I went to bed and skipped the reunion show. I wonder if they'll have it up online. If not, it doesn't sound like there was much drama or that I missed much from the later posts here on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 46712/16/2013

[quote]Is someone seriously implying Caleb could have gotten away with saying he didn't have a loved one?

He could have said Colton was his brother and that they were like Veetus and Anus.

by Anonymousreply 46812/16/2013

Caleb looked like a young Santa Claus before his beard went white during the jury questioning. He needs to lay off the carbs. He looked better at the reunion.

by Anonymousreply 46912/16/2013

Hayden was all teeth and no upper lip. Why was he wearing two seat belts at the reunion?

by Anonymousreply 47012/16/2013

Why was Aras all dressed up to the jury questioning in khakis like he was going to the office yet Vetus was dressed like a slob?

Also, why are Vetus's nipples twice as small as Aras? Aren't brothers supposed to have the same size? And Hayden's nipples are 4 times as big as Vetus's.

by Anonymousreply 47112/16/2013

Next season is Survivor: BB. Survivor Bareback?

by Anonymousreply 47212/16/2013

Tyson is disgusting, cut the fucking hair, get a nose job and a personality

by Anonymousreply 47312/16/2013

Why is everyone trying to plug their Twitter during the live show (Aras, Hayden, Kat). Aras is pathetic with trying to plug his new singing career with @ArasMusic.

by Anonymousreply 47412/16/2013

Sean Cody did not look as hot on the reunion show. He looked caveman-ish. Too low of a hairline like Eddie Munster. Definitely looked better on the island.

by Anonymousreply 47512/16/2013

[quote] Hayden looked handsome with his new haircut.

I have to laugh at this because in the Shahs of Sunset thread, someone pointed out that Reza's hairstyle was the "gay LA haircut," and it just so happened that both Aras and Hayden were sporting the slicked sidecomb black hair do.

Hmmmm....

[quote] Isn't Tyson the third Mormon to win? I wonder if the church will get 10%.

Well since part of the game is being a good liar and fake, being a Mormon comes in quite handy.

It seems to work out quite well for them.

Even so, Tyson was the clear winner. I thought Monica might pull off a win, but the jury really seemed to know that Tyson was the standout player of the season.

I'm also glad the Tyson/Gervase/Monica alliance stuck together. Why don't more players realize that THIS is how the game works. You STICK WITH YOUR ALLIANCE, and you'll go all the way.

The minute someone flips, that's it. Game over.

If Monica had flipped at any point (same for Gervase), none of those three would have made it to the end.

It's only because they stuck together, that Ciera, Laura, and Tina couldn't make inroads to the finale.

SMART on Monica's part, and LUCKY on Gervase's part. He basically said he would have turned on Tyson if Tyson didn't win immunity for the last two challenges, which would have been incredibly DUMB! Tyson dragging Gervase along, is the only reason Gervase made it to final 3.

I actually liked this season, and I hope to see Katie, Ciera, Caleb, and Vytas come back.

Not looking forward to the BB Bareback season. Brains, Brawn, and Beauty means that it's gonna be full of stuck-up, egotistical, "beautiful people" (I'm sure Probst loaded the teams with HOT BROS), so I'll probably skip the season.

I can't stand dickheads and bitches on Amazing Race, Survivor, or Big Brother, and it looks like Survivor Bareback is gonna be chock-full of them.

by Anonymousreply 47612/16/2013

There is already speculation that Hayden, Vitas Gerialitus, Ciera, and Monica will be brought back on the next reunion show.

Tyson is a Morman? Im surprised because when Hayden stopped to say grace before eating Tyson was all like I'm going to start eating somewhat disrespectful.

Wonder if Coach is happy with his win?

by Anonymousreply 47712/16/2013

Everyone that Coach coached has gone on to win: Tyson, JT, Cockrun, Sofie, Sandra, Boston Rob.

by Anonymousreply 47812/16/2013

Can't wait for next season.

Obviously on Team Beauty it would be: Malcolm, Reynold, Eddie, Caleb, Hayden, John Cody, Aras Music, Jay Byers, Syrus, Ozzie, Lief, Matt Quinlan, Fabio, Brendan, Benry and Chase Rice.

On Team Brains it would be: Cockran, Steven Fishback, Eric Rikenback, YauMan, Penner, Marty, Russell, Troyzan, Tarzan, Boston Rob, Jonas, Yul and Richard Hatch.

On Team Brown it would be: Gervase, Sandra, Vecepia, Alicia, Sabrina, Christina and Shemar.

by Anonymousreply 47912/16/2013

Sticking with your alliance all the way to the end may be a great strategy, but it makes for boring television.

Ciera, Hayden and Monica provided the only exciting episode, the one where people had to draw rocks.

I did look at the spoilers this morning. Even before the first episode, the Final Three was correct, with Tyson as the probable winner.

by Anonymousreply 48012/16/2013

Please please please no more Boston Rob.

I hope BBB is made up of all new players but of course it won't. And redemption island will be back. And so will the hidden idols.

Sigh. Still, I watch.

by Anonymousreply 48112/16/2013

[quote]When was the last time you were genuinely happy with the winner being revealed?

I was very happy when Denise won (eventhough I was pulling for Lisa Whelchel) because if anyone has ever truly been a "survivor" in this game it was Denise. She went to every tribal council, never won a reward, etc...

by Anonymousreply 48212/16/2013

Just learned that all players on BBB will be new--no Boston Rob, no Coach, no Rupert! Hooray!

by Anonymousreply 48312/16/2013

r480, I didn't care for this final 3, but contrary to your opinion I thought this was one of the most entertaining seasons overall. There were enough flips / blindsides / confrontational tribal councils that I was entertained by a much higher percentage of episodes than usual, starting early in the season.

Also, while I've seriously disliked Tyson ever since his first season, I appreciated his conduct at the live finale. He never had that snide asshole front I dislike. He was visibly nervous as the votes were being read; he burst into tears when named the winner, instead of gloating; he gave credit to others and talked about having to work to control his own bad habits during the game; and I thought it was nice when he reached back and held onto Tina and Katie when they were talking about the death of Tina's son / Katie's brother. So for once, I did respect how he carried himself through that hour.

by Anonymousreply 48412/16/2013

I actually felt Monica should have won. Yes Tyson is the obvious choice but as much shit as she took she bared it. She never weakened in her alliance and stayed true.

by Anonymousreply 48512/16/2013

Sadly (for me), I've seen every season, and this one is toward the bottom for me. There are two seasons that I thought were worse: the first All Stars season, where they all pranced and joked around like they were celebrities and dopey Amber ended up winning; the won that Boston Rob, where the entire season was an ode to his awesomeness, and the whole season seemed rigged for the obvious outcome.

I'm surprised that r484 would say there were flips, blindsides, etc. this season. I don't really think there were more than a couple of them, and they were minor and not terribly interesting.

As r480 points out, a strong alliance is really boring television, even if it is good strategy. It's even more boring when that alliance has a clear and strong head (ie Tyson), there is some general recognition of this fact, and yet there is no move within the alliance to do anything about it. (Similar to the Boston Rob season I hated so much).

Why Monica and Gervase were never willing to move against Tyson is a complete mystery, especially in Monica's case where compelling alternatives were plainly available. She would have won against Ciera and Tina, or Tina and Gervase, but for reasons unknown doggedly stuck to Gervase and Tyson. As a viewer it was frustrating.

All that said, Tyson was a clear and worthy winner. Congrats to him, but as a whole I'd rate the season a 'D'.

by Anonymousreply 48612/16/2013

[quote]Why Monica and Gervase were never willing to move against Tyson is a complete mystery, especially in Monica's case where compelling alternatives were plainly available. She would have won against Ciera and Tina, or Tina and Gervase

No, they had no choice but to go with Tyson. Ciera or Tina in the finals means they win. The jury was looking for any reason not to vote for Tyson, Monica, Gervase. Give them an alternative and that alternative wins. Tina was right in that she was one challenge away from tying Sandra's record.

by Anonymousreply 48712/16/2013

R487: Aren't you proving our point that watching Tyson, Monica and Gervase stick to their allience throughout was boring television?

I am not 100% sure that the jury would have voted for Ciera or Tina over Tyson. I do not like him, but I say reluctantly that he did play very well.

by Anonymousreply 48812/16/2013

Tina would have gotten Katie, Laura, Cierra, Aras, Vytus, Hayden, Caleb.

by Anonymousreply 48912/16/2013

Before seeing the final council, I would have thought that Monica could have beat Tina (but not Ciera), but she was a real oddball with the questions, so I think she was fucked no matter who she went with.

by Anonymousreply 49012/16/2013

I'll bet that Vytas is a hot kinky fucker in the sack. mmmmmmmm......

by Anonymousreply 49112/16/2013

Monica's meltdown during the Q&A segment certainly could not have helped her cause.

by Anonymousreply 49212/16/2013

Tyson was raised a Mormon, but is no longer active in the church. So he won't be tithing any of his winnings.

by Anonymousreply 49312/16/2013

I think Aras is hot, but I do not remember him at all--I remember his season because I loved Cirie. Even watched some clips of his season, and even then, nope, no recollection whatsover. It's like any memory of him has been erased. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 49412/16/2013

Thank goodness no one voted for Gervais. What a joke, thinking just because he slacked through season one, he is an expert on how to play the game.

by Anonymousreply 49512/16/2013

[quote]r475, Sean Cody did not look as hot on the reunion show.

Sean Cody is a porn star. John Cody was a contestant on Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 49612/16/2013

It's funny how Jeff was again hitting his tired point that "big moves win Survivor" in a season that once again proved the smartest path to victory is to develop a rock solid alliance. Tyson, Gervaise and Monica were together from Day 1, and sitting before the jury at the end. And they only made one move that counted as big, which was getting rid of Aras.

The fact is that the more they bring back returning players, the more we'll see that style of play. Most of the returning player winners - Tyson, Cochran, Boston Rob, etc. - got to the end by riding a strong alliance.

I actually think it's new players who are more likely to backstab, vote out alliance leaders, etc. Which could be why they're going the new player route next season.

by Anonymousreply 49712/16/2013

I wasn't thrilled with any of the three finalists.

Jeff said Rupert was one of the most popular players ever, yet everyone I know that watches this show is sick of the sight of that tie-dyed blowhard.

And Boston Rob's winning season was one of my favorites, due to the way Rob controlled the game and also due to his cocky-but-charming personality.

by Anonymousreply 49812/16/2013

I wish that Tyson had drawn the rock, been sent to redemption and lost.

I think it would been a more interesting show.

So if it had been Tina, ciera and Monica final 3, who would have won? I don't think Monica would have done any better. Tina would have had vitas, Bjorn, Katie possibly gervase. Ciera her mom and some of the other guys. It would have been close.

I did respect Tyson at the reunion. He was very humble and took the time to hug his other competitors before going to the family, also, him holding Tina's foot/leg was a nice touch during her talk.

by Anonymousreply 49912/16/2013

I think Ciera would have beaten anyone but Tyson.

by Anonymousreply 50012/16/2013

And it is possible that Ciera would have beaten Tyson with a good presentation to the jury. Tyson has odd personality. I am not sure people believed him about Rachel. Did he settle on that story because he was aware some emotion was needed at the end?

by Anonymousreply 50112/16/2013

Who are these people who actually thought Monica had a legitimate chance of winning? The jury was rolling their eyes and laughing at her.

Have you all just never met a nice person before?!?

Have you never met an unselfish person??

Have you never met a neat lady?!?

What do you want from me?!!??? I'm generous!

by Anonymousreply 50212/17/2013

Monica named her kids Judge and Honor? Judge Culpepper and Honor Culpepper, OMG, those poor kids! No wonder Brad had Judge and Honor tattooed on him. I thought was weird at first when I saw the tattoos with no context.

by Anonymousreply 50312/17/2013

Kat is so pathetic that she had to change her body to "be more on Hayden's level". Is Hayden that out of her league? They seem to be pretty evenly matched in the looks department. She just wanted to blurt out she had a boob job even though no one could tell and it made no sense for her to bring it up. Jeff was just confused.

by Anonymousreply 50412/17/2013

Tyson was the only one of the three with a head for actually winning the game.

Gervase was full of himself; in other words, full of shit.

Monica was not independent in any way.

The jury basically didn't see Gervase (No. 3) and Monica (No. 2 thanks to the vote from Vytas) as viable alternatives if they felt resentment of Tyson (who won).

Tyson played with a lot of consistently thoughtful strategy. He was much more level-headed. Early on he privately mentioned Monica was tough to talk about strategy; but that he kept himself in check not to lose patience and let loose. So, he did a marvelous job of handling the entire game.

by Anonymousreply 50512/17/2013

Kat's nonsense made me go from just finding her annoying to totally hating her. I hope we never see her again. That goes for all this cast.

by Anonymousreply 50612/17/2013

[quote](Kat) just wanted to blurt out she had a boob job even though no one could tell and it made no sense for her to bring it up. Jeff was just confused.

Apparently, Colton had been attacking her about it on Twitter, and threatened to bring it up on the reunion show.

by Anonymousreply 50712/17/2013

One of the worst seasons ever.

They need to stop bringing the same morons back year after year.

by Anonymousreply 50812/17/2013

r505, thank you for using "lose" and "loose" properly, and in the same sentence yet!

And r508, I believe there are all-new morons coming on for season 28, BBB.

by Anonymousreply 50912/17/2013

Agree that an all new cast just by itself will be a nice 'change'.

by Anonymousreply 51012/17/2013

Monica stayed tight with Tyson and Gervase in part because Brad coached her about the importance of being a team player, and always being loyal.

However, if she HAD made a move at the end and voted Gervase out, I think she would have had a better chance at winning at the end, by showing that she actually did know how to play a hard game.

Separately why does ALBERT never get any love here when talking about past Survivor seasons? He has GOT to be the hottest contestant in the entire history of the game.

by Anonymousreply 51212/17/2013

I was surprised to see them there too, R511

by Anonymousreply 51312/17/2013

Because Albert is black and CBS is a Lilly white network.

by Anonymousreply 51412/17/2013

At first, I thought Tina and Katie being at the Reunion Show was a bit strange, perhaps even "tacky," as someone else mentioned. However, the more I thought about it, the more it made sense for them to be there than not.

Firstly, they were given very little screen time anyway. This made it less "tacky" for them to be there because they weren't just talking about the game and their experience on the show. When they WERE given the chance to speak, it was about the family tragedy, which Jeff pointed out, was very recent. So props to the show for being respectful of Katie and Tina given their duress.

Tina spoke of the "Survivor" cast and crew as being like family to her. In their time of grief, it made more sense for them to be around their friends, in order to have a little respite. If you have ever grieved for a love one, you'll know that being around your friends and family, and just going about things as you normally would, is the best way to begin to heal. That's not to say that they should ignore the problem, but just continue living instead of letting time stand still.

Katie mentioned that her brother was looking forward to attending the Reunion Show, so it sounded as though he would've wanted his mother and sister to attend the show instead of cutting themselves off at home. It was brave of them to go.

Finally, and not to sound cold, but perhaps there was a contractual obligation for them to attend as well. Hopefully, the show wouldn't be so cutthroat as to force them to attend even if they didn't want to go, but POSSIBLY, there was that angle also.

by Anonymousreply 51512/17/2013

I didn't watch the finale until last night. Predictably, Tyson won but of the three he was the only choice.

Did Monica seriously refer to herself as "the helpmeet" at one point? Are she and Brad fundie quiverfull assholes? It wouldn't surprise me.

Going into it, I had some ambivalence about Monica. By the time it got to the final tribal council, I wanted to throw her on the fire. Her wax face would have melted. "Haven't you ever met a nice person before?" Yes I have, bitch, and you aren't one.

Gervase was just weak. Did he think they'd all blame Tyson and reward him instead? Fool.

That thing with Cochran and Will Arnett was weird but at least there was no Boston Rob in it.

Kat made me cringe, what a fucking bimbo.

I kept waiting for the "fan favorite" only to be disappointed. I wonder why they got rid of it? It didn't cost much.

I liked the season. Blood v Water added an interesting angle to the game.

by Anonymousreply 51612/17/2013

Couple of things:

In Tina's post-finale interview with Parvati, she said she was regretting trying to set Katie up with Vytas, due to his cavalier attitude towards women. She said that Hayden was an absolute gentleman, whose "momma raised him right" and she had her eye on him for Katie now. Parvati reminded her that Kat was his girlfriend but Tina didn't care. She knows Kat is going to get the boot, eventually I guess.

Someone mentioned Shayne the smoker on Aras' original season. Shayne told a GREAT story on Rob Cesternino's podcast last year about an incident on the island with Aras. They were walking along the shore looking for coconuts and Shayne saw a drug package washed up on the sand. He knew exactly what it was when he saw it and yelled for Aras to grab the machete. They took off and ran into the woods and when Shayne opened the package it was pure cocaine. He said his fingers were numb from just touching it.

He said they both said, "we're not winning this fucking show...let's take it back to LA and sell it!" Then they realized that smuggling it home wasn't a feasible plan, so the next plan was to hide it in the woods and come back and "do rails" before every challenge to give them energy. Around this time a camera crew finally caught up with them and took the package and they never heard anything about it.

You just know the crew was coked up the whole time, huh? Shayne also said that on one of the rewards he stole a pack of cigarettes out of one of the camera bags and smoked them with somebody. He said that on the island he could immediately smell which members of the crew were smokers and was always looking for an opportunity to grab some of their smokes.

I think he said the camera guy knew he would get in trouble for having cigarettes available, so he kept his mouth shut. The crew isn't allowed to eat in front of the Survivors, or even to chew gum since it could taunt them.

by Anonymousreply 51812/17/2013

I'd imagine that the Culpepper household is unhappy or at least stressful. I know that I wouldn't want either one of them as a parent.

by Anonymousreply 51912/17/2013

Maybe you could start working to get her banned from Survivor permanently, R511 & R345 since you are the arbiter of all that is and isn't appropriate regarding DL and now Survivor.

And by "arbiter," I mean judgmental asshole control queen who jumps to inaccurate conclusions based on extremely small amounts of information.

by Anonymousreply 52012/17/2013

Katie said that looking forward to appearing at the Finale was like the light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

They had the funeral...what are they supposed to do, never leave home again?

I thought Tina's message to wear your seat belt was a good one. If only her son had worn his that day...

by Anonymousreply 52112/17/2013

How many kids does Tina have? Is she still married?

by Anonymousreply 52212/17/2013

Per her website, Tina's only children are Katie and Taylor. It doesn't mention if she's still married, and neither does Wikipedia.

I didn't know she was adopted until she said it on Survivor. It was touching when she said that it wasn't until she had children that she felt a true connection with other people.

by Anonymousreply 52312/17/2013

The minute Tyson started blubbering and crying, I turned this shit finale off. Awful, awful season.

by Anonymousreply 52412/17/2013

I knew Tyson was the winner when they showed him crying about his girlfriend, r524. The editors were trying to soften Tyson, since he was often hard to like.

by Anonymousreply 52512/17/2013

Speaking of beauty... where has Bobby Jon gone?

Also speaking of beauty... does nobody miss skinny dolphin trainer boy that never comes back for any of these things? I thought he was not just adorable but stone cold fox sexy. The brains too. The one who quit so dipshit Katie could stay with fireman Tom. WHY am I spacing on his name?

by Anonymousreply 52612/17/2013

His name was Ian, R526.

by Anonymousreply 52712/17/2013

ha, yes, kept going Ethan, Nathan, what...

Ian Rosenberger. So dang cute.

by Anonymousreply 52812/17/2013

Just watched the reunion show. Actually one of the better ones (I think it helped that Jeff was talking to couples).

A few things....

Colton --- sad that he couldn't just say "I knew I wasn't going far and I was unhappy in that element". Instead he starts off with his asshole-y AARP comment. He kind of brought it back around by the end.

Caleb --- should have gotten some credit at the reunion show for his game changing play at the Culpepper vote out tribal council.

Tina/Katie --- what are some of you people talking about ? Have you never lost a loved one ? Most companies offer a three day bereavement benefit (and I/my company allow folks to use more of their benefit time (personal/vacation) if they need it. It is perfectly fine that Katie/Tina showed up at this event two weeks later. They have ties to these people. Katie was well spoken and Tina had a serious message to that she just shared with MILLIONS of people about seatbelt use. WTF.

Rupert/Kat --- Ugh. Please move on, Jeff.

I *get* the Cochran plug, He's WORKING for CBS now. Of course they're going to take an opportunity to let his fans know he's writing for 'The Millers'. I'm happy to see he's chasing the dream and grabbing onto it.

Brad/Monica --- they scare me too. That is not a happy home. And she is not happy to be the wife and mother of a 'successful' man (former pro football player/now lawyer). Her whole "I want to be the same college co-ed you fell in love with was downright creepy"

Vytas/Aras --- I get it. You're brothers. You fight, but you still love each other. Don't really need to hear it anymore.

Funny that Marissa didn't speak a word. Didn't really listen to Gervase or Rupert. John and Candace were pretty much non entities with their 'of course you're going to fight for your partner schtick'.

Hayden and Vytas have thrown their hats into the returnee pool now. I really do hope Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty is all newbies .... but if not, Hayden for Brawn and Vytas for Brains (???)

by Anonymousreply 52912/17/2013

I think Brad is a big ole cheater. Monica used this whole show to try to get him to acknowledge her amazingness. She IS amazing, but you have to know Brad is all about the coeds now, just like he used to be. She was looking at him like she was stringing barbed wire around him and he looked guilty at times when he caught her eye.

by Anonymousreply 53012/17/2013

TOTALLY agree R530. Culpepper probably is better looking now than he was in his bulky football player days. And many a woman (young or old) would take him on, even knowing he is a husband/father who isn't going anywhere.

Monica is just plain creepy all around. I bet she doesn't keep many female friends long because she 'can't trust them around Brad' and she writes it off to being such a busy wife/mother (does Monica have a profession ??). And I also bet Monica is completely confrontational to other woman (at parties, out in public) about their interactions with Brad. That is MY husband you are talking to ...we've been together since I was 19 !!'

Between the creepy Monica/Brad banter at the reunion show and Monica's crazy ass responses at final tribal .... Ick, Ick and ICK !!

by Anonymousreply 53112/17/2013

R529 The B vs B vs B season has been in the can since last summer. Survivor tapes two seasons back-to-back every year to optimize production dollars.

For the last two years they have filmed in the Phillipines but I'm guessing after the destruction they will need to find a new home this year. Although I guess filming there again would provide jobs for the locals.

The next season is supposed to be all newbies, and I believe that from what I've seen (Survivor Sucks).

This summer they will film again and the Super Fans project another Heroes vs. Villains season, or maybe even another Blood vs. Water. Hayden and Vytas would fit into either season...

I think Kat and Aras are done, though. Hayden has a rodeo rider sister who is beautiful. And I think Vytas has another brother...a new fresh one for us to stare at.

(Both of those brothers have bad teeth though, a fact which was accentuated by those scraggly mustaches at the Finale.)

by Anonymousreply 53212/17/2013

R529, you're absolutely correct on Tina/Katie. Many workplaces have parents back at work within a week of a death in the immediate family. R511 posted his/her outrage more than once, so I don't think it's a consensus here. Shouldn't be. It was brave of Tina to try to save others with a lesson from her son's death.

R530, this is even creepier. In the past couple weeks, Monica tweeted a 6-year-old photo of herself after she had died her hair blond. She wrote: "It was a present for Brad, who got to be with a blonde!"

I thought, "Honey, I bet Brad has been with lots of blondes."

by Anonymousreply 53312/18/2013

R533 .... so true, that Brad Culpepper is probably a big player. Poor Monica, she must really be a crazy pants try to 'hold on to him' and kind of knowing it's not really working and he's getting pussy every where he can.

I'd do a countdown to a Culpepper divorce, but honestly don't see it happening. I still haven't figured out if Monica even works/has a profession ....and I'm sure Brad is at least attached to his kids. He wouldn't want to deal with alimony/child support. Brad Culpepper strikes me more as the type that would start to *subtly* start letting Monica know he's fucking anything that moves and hope it causes her to off herself. Mental torture. Maybe she'll go all 'Betty Broderick' on him at some point.

by Anonymousreply 53412/18/2013

The Aras/Vystas brotherly rivalry is odd. The questions addressing their relationship were disturbing. Like, "Can't live with each other, can't live without each other." Yeah, that's what I want to hear about these two. No, the only thing I care to hear about these two is after they consummate their relationship. Something tells me they're not [italic]that[/italic] fucked up. This was a [italic]Survivor[/italic] narrative. It's shallow. And nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 53512/18/2013

People are lauding Monica for sticking with her alliance because "that's the way to go the farthest in the game." Perhaps that's true, but I felt Monica stuck to her alliance because they were all men. And Mon is all about supporting the men. Like Colby gave Tina the win because she reminded him of Mommy, Monica stayed with the abusive Tyson and entitled Gervais because they remind her of the Bradster.

by Anonymousreply 53612/18/2013

r511/r517 etc is way too dogmatic and judgemental about Tina and her daughter, I also thought it was brave of them to show up and not at inappropriate

r515 made some sensitive and articulate points about this

by Anonymousreply 53712/18/2013

[quote]I didn't know she was adopted until she said it on Survivor. It was touching when she said that it wasn't until she had children that she felt a true connection with other people.

Isn't that a huge slap in the face to her adoptive parents?

by Anonymousreply 53812/18/2013

[quote]I really do hope Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty is all newbies .... but if not, Hayden for Brawn and Vytas for Brains (???)

No, Hayden for Brains and Vytas for Beauty.

by Anonymousreply 53912/18/2013

Rupert for Beauty.

by Anonymousreply 54012/18/2013

Survivor: Bed Bath and Beyond sounds stupid. They just need to move on to Blood Vs. Water 2, Heroes Vs. Vanilla 2, Fans Vs. Favorites 3, Unfinished Business, Hotties Vs. Notties, and Singles Vs. Exes. They should do a season like Beauty and the Geek with beauty queens vs. geeks.

by Anonymousreply 54112/18/2013

R542 = Judge and Honor and Executioner

by Anonymousreply 54312/18/2013

Someone should Monica Colpepper to stop talking about herself in the third person. I can't take people like that seriously.

by Anonymousreply 54412/18/2013

Vytas and Aras act like a couple.

by Anonymousreply 54512/18/2013

Caleb and Colton act like a couple too. It's all projection and wishful thinking. I don't have brothers so maybe I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 54612/18/2013

Vytas and Aras are no strangers to... well, you figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 54712/18/2013

Trolldar: R511, R517 and R542 are the same person - so butthurt because women no longer are forced to wear black and not allowed to leave the house for one year after the death of a loved one.

The police said Tina's son likely would have survived the accident had he been wearing his seatbelt. Yes, that's a worthy message to share to millions of viewers.

by Anonymousreply 54812/18/2013

What kind of accident was it? Drunk driving?

by Anonymousreply 54912/18/2013

I wouldn't mind another Heroes vs Villains. The original one was the only returnee season that I loved. I think it works better with either all new or all old, rather than these mixed casts they've been favoring.

by Anonymousreply 55012/18/2013

Unfortunately, seasons that feature returning players are the highest rated. So they are risking losing viewers by doing an all-new cast for BBB.

I guess we can be thankful that it hasn't become the "Boston Rob and Rupert" show.

by Anonymousreply 55112/18/2013

r551, wasn't this one the lowest finale rating ever?

by Anonymousreply 55212/18/2013

Have we answered the question as to whether Tyson is a man or a woman?

by Anonymousreply 55312/18/2013

Dammit, Tyson is one sexy dyke.

by Anonymousreply 55412/18/2013

R555]: You have now posted four times on the 'horrible' Tina for attending the finale two weeks after her son died.

The decision was personal made by Tina and her daughter perhaps influenced by a religious and cultural background difficult for you and others to understand. She just lost her son. Could you please give her some respect, and understand the decision to attend was the right for her. That's what's important.

by Anonymousreply 55612/18/2013

R554, I have posted upthread that my brother who is not a Survivor fan, thought Tyson was lesbian or a female-to-male transexual! Tyson would be sexier as a lesbian than as a straight man.

by Anonymousreply 55812/18/2013

[quote]You are spinning, [R515]. Anybody experiencing real grief would never even consider appearing on television to talk about it. If your child dying does not help you put fluff like "Survivor" into perspective then you are beyond redemption. Tina and her daughter are crass fame whores, plain and simple. Case closed.

There is no "right" way to grieve, asshole. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 55912/18/2013

I'd pay a LOT of money to see an Aras/ Vytas porn.

by Anonymousreply 56112/18/2013

R560: Now you have posted six times on how inappropriate you believe Tina was to appear on the finale. You do not get that everyone is not exactly like you.

by Anonymousreply 56212/18/2013

This thread would be so much better without the control queen grief nazi.

by Anonymousreply 56312/18/2013

I find Vytas more sexy, because he's hairier.

by Anonymousreply 56412/18/2013

Tina probably feels better to be among friends (Survivor cast) to share her grief. Why be at home crying everyday, when you would rather be with your friends to make you feel better?

by Anonymousreply 56512/18/2013

Plus, many of her Survivor family most likely did not go to the son's wake and funeral, so this was their chance to express their condolences in person.

by Anonymousreply 56612/18/2013

Am I the only one who thinks Monica did not deserve the beating she took from the jury? While I was not a big fan of Monica's, I thought she played a good game and that the jurors were taking out their frustrations on her. I also found it interesting that Tyson said, in response to Aras' question, that Monica deserved votes over Gervase, even though Gervase was Tyson's closest ally.

by Anonymousreply 56912/18/2013

Was Monica's mistake. She took the wrong approach from minute one, the weak victim shit. She should have played Superwoman with all those challenge wins, pointed out that this is what kept her alive (NOT an alliance, whether true or not). These people just do not know how to sell themselves once the jury time comes, weird. I thought she was a shoo-in for her physical game and her kindness with the food, etc.

But she blew it. Like one of those public breakdowns women have on Facebook every day that make me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 57012/18/2013

P.S. Why smart Denise won, even though she was a fairly low key presence. She dealt with facts, how she'd been to every tribal, the battle to survive, and she was articulate. She didn't weep and bring her baggage. It was all about her time on the island. Why she was also a satisfying win as others mentioned upstream.

by Anonymousreply 57112/18/2013

There are too many goddamn fucking fraus in this thread.

I'm sure Tina is losing her mind - just like any other parent who's lost a child. The finale was a couple of days away from grieving at home. It was also a contractual obligation. Survivor would have let them out of it, obviously, but if they chose to go it's not a hanging offense.

Tina seems like a nice enough lady. The daughter's a bit of a lump on a log but inoffensive enough. They didn't need a "message" about seat belts to make going to the reunion okay, although from the frau reactions here I may be wrong about that.

by Anonymousreply 57212/18/2013

Tina's son Taylor is dead and buried. She will never see him again, and will probably miss him every day for the rest of her life.

So what if she flew out to California and finished what she'd started...maybe enjoyed a little craft service and hugs from the cast and crew, many of whom she has known for over a decade.

Both Katie and Taylor were teens or tweens when their Mom won Survivor, in the second season and the very peak of it's popularity and ratings. They grew up answering questions about what its like to have a Survivor winner for a mother. They were local celebrities in their schools because of the show. The show has been a big, big deal for all of them.

Their appearance at the Finale was a fitting end to this chapter of their lives. Not showing up would have accomplished nothing.

by Anonymousreply 57312/18/2013

R.560--Please do everyone a favor by NOT wearing your seat belt until further notice. We will let you know when you may start using it again.

by Anonymousreply 57412/18/2013

Anyone who posts the same thing over and over (Tina going to the finale) probably should be ignored at this point. Utimately isn't that the purpose of troll-dar?

by Anonymousreply 57512/18/2013

[quote] Am I the only one who thinks Monica did not deserve the beating she took from the jury?

Monica gets fucked by Brad Culpepper on a nightly basis. No pity party here.

by Anonymousreply 57612/18/2013

This may be off topic, but Tampa is a pretty kinky town. Lots of swinging and porn.

I'm not saying the Culpeppers are involved, but Monica looks a little porny to me..

by Anonymousreply 57712/18/2013

Why would someone not wear a seatbelt in this day and age? Do they do things differently in the South?

by Anonymousreply 57812/19/2013

Was Hayden coming out with 2 huge tan seat belts strapped to him part of the message?

by Anonymousreply 57912/19/2013

Jeff was mean saying everyone adores Caleb but hates Colton.

by Anonymousreply 58012/19/2013

R578 Laugh out loud...actually.

I agree with Rob Cesternino's comment that Jeff Probst's comments to Katie and Tina were way too late in the show. Jeff acted as if Colton's shitty attitude and Cochran's shitty job are more important than the death of an immediate family member of TWO CURRENT CASTMEMBERS.

He should have announced his condolences earlier n the Reunion show. Rob is right on point with this, and he is always very careful what he says in an effort not to offend the CBS Machine. (It goes with the territory if you want to be part of the contestant interview junket.)

It was also poor form not to mention the recent death of BB Anderson, who was on the original season. Even though he was voted off pre-jury, he was on the same tribe as Gervais, for crissakes. Even some sort of message flashed onscreen at the end of the show would have been better than ignoring the situation.

Also a comment from Rob on his podcast released today, to give credit where it is due....

by Anonymousreply 58112/19/2013

I meant R579 with the LOL, actually. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 58212/19/2013

It would have been awkward for Probst to mention the death at the top of the show. Does he do it before swooping onstage to loud cheers with the final votes in his hand? Immediately after arriving onstage? Immediately after announcing the winner? After returning from the first commercial break?

I'm honestly trying to think of an ideal time and I can't.

by Anonymousreply 58312/19/2013

Why should Jeff care or be sensitive about the son's death when obviously Tina--the deceased's mother!--does not.

by Anonymousreply 58412/19/2013

Maybe when they come back from commercial after Tyson won...at least before Jeff started paying attention and camera close-ups to the likes of Colton.

Colton and Caleb both left the game relatively early, so even without a family tragedy Katie and Tina should have come first. Even if they just put up a graphic and panned to Katie and Tina during applause. An acknowledgment would have been nice.

And no mention of Todd being in rehab...when I first watched Dr. Phil I thought for sure they would reference this, or maybe let Todd say hello through a video hookup, but in retrospect that would have been tacky, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 58512/19/2013

Don't worry R584. When you die, no one will go anywhere or do anything at all.

It will be just as if you never existed at all.

by Anonymousreply 58612/19/2013

I think I am going to start a thread about Tacky Tina, lol.

by Anonymousreply 58712/19/2013

The person who has posted so often has a right to his/her opinion. It's the number of posts that is the big problem. Timing is important in life - I agree - perhaps religious or cultural reasons are why this person insists on one opinion only. But enough, five or six posts ago.

by Anonymousreply 58812/20/2013

[quote]I agree with Rob Cesternino's comment that Jeff Probst's comments to Katie and Tina were way too late in the show. Jeff acted as if Colton's shitty attitude and Cochran's shitty job are more important than the death of an immediate family member of TWO CURRENT CASTMEMBERS. He should have announced his condolences earlier n the Reunion show.

No, it would have brought the show to a halt or the message would get lost in the middle of the show. The end is actually the prime spot. It's why American Idol contestants want to be the last to perform. It's why people want to be credited as "and Heather Locklear." If you can't do it first, then you want the last spot.

by Anonymousreply 58912/20/2013

eek ugly tyson won.

he is even uglier that hayden.

cochran is still ugly. what idiot married him?

by Anonymousreply 59012/28/2013

Cochran isn't married.

by Anonymousreply 59112/28/2013

jeff probst said cochran got married.

by Anonymousreply 59201/02/2014

Cochran is NOT married. Two fans of Cochran's have a Twitter feed where they use the name MrsJohnCochran!

by Anonymousreply 59301/04/2014

R589, your logic and comparisons are not very accurate.

by Anonymousreply 59401/05/2014
Need more help? Click Here.