Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have any of you used BrightOcular iris implants to change the color of your eyes?

They don't list a price, but the internet says it's about $8,000. I wonder when this procedure will become FDA approved.

by Anonymousreply 3612/26/2014

Really? Who'd want to jepordize their eyesight when you can wear colored contacts. The procedure looks dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 110/30/2013

Had LASIK 11 years ago- best thing EVER! Simple, no pain, and could see (finally!) the next day.

Doing this for vanity...FUCK NO!

by Anonymousreply 310/30/2013

Why are the patients in the video so hideous?

by Anonymousreply 510/31/2013

Can I get them with a mirror coating, like the old Silva Thin glasses?

I want to rock a cyborg look.

by Anonymousreply 711/04/2013

Implants? WTF!

When the Dr cuts the lense, using the laser, destroying 2-% of the lense in order to reduce far/near sight...why is that nomal for any corp, or bank, or any business of our GOVERNMENT? This is FAR riskier than "normal" procedures.

If the government can have night goggles and wants to spy on or harass or kill- then making sure you have enough food and gold.

by Anonymousreply 811/04/2013

My eye doctor always says that you don't want to be first in line for any new eye surgery.

If you absolutely have to have blue eyes, wait a few years.

by Anonymousreply 911/04/2013

There is no eye color so ugly that you should risk your sight to change it.

Actually, there aren't any ugly eye colors. They all look good, if you know how to present yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1011/05/2013

No, none of us is that pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 1111/05/2013

I know a guy who had this done. He is Italian with darker skin tone (than caucasian) and changed his eye color to light green. It looks good, tho not natural. Everyone assumes he's wearing contacts.

by Anonymousreply 1211/05/2013

Maybe it's me but the new eyes look fake to me because true eyes have variations in color. For example, mine are a mossy grey-green with orange brown and yellowish specks in them. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with just one color in their eyes. And the dark ring on some of them remind me of drawings of cartoon characters.

by Anonymousreply 1411/05/2013

The other reason contacts look fake is because the iris is actually somewhat recessed from the surface of the eye, there's a pocket of fluid between the iris and the cornea called the aqueous humor. If you put a contact lens over the eye, the colored "iris" is in the wrong place and looks unnatural.

I don't know where the procedure in question places the color, but it looks all wrong at R13.

by Anonymousreply 1611/05/2013

Ick, all the "after" pictures look very artificial. The color is too flat; light irises always have some variation in color and darkness.

But then, I think these procedures are being done in parts of the world where there aren't many naturally light eyes around. Their customers aren't sweating the details.

by Anonymousreply 1806/11/2014

I miss my colored contacts. I have green eyes and wore aqua lenses which made my eyes greener. Now I have to wear multifocal contacts and they don't come in colors.

Getting old sucks

by Anonymousreply 1906/11/2014

I also miss long-term daily contacts. I would buy a pair of Ciba Soft colored daily lenses and they'd last up to two years. I'd take them out at night, clean and store them. I didn't wear them around the house, so on my days off from work, I just wore my glasses. Made my contacts last longer.

Now you have to buy disposables. Daily, weekly, monthly. Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 2006/11/2014

hi here you can change the color you want at a competitive prices performed by Dr. Menif Montassar a world famous surgeon who performed the procedure of Tiny's eyes :)

by Anonymousreply 2212/26/2014

Oh, brother.......

by Anonymousreply 2312/26/2014

Please don't do this, OP. If you can find and post a single picture of eyes that are ugly because of their color, go for it. But you can't, so don't. I'm sure your eye color is fine. There are gorgeous blue eyes but also gorgeous brown, green, hazel, grey, and Liz Taylor eyes.

by Anonymousreply 2412/26/2014

I'm sure you can't think of a better use for the money, right?

by Anonymousreply 2512/26/2014

I had it done to my cat.

by Anonymousreply 2612/26/2014

Doesn't photoshop do the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 2712/26/2014

I just wanted to see who would be aghast that it was done to a cat but think nothing of vain human beings have shit jammed into their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 2912/26/2014

If it's like colored contact lenses, it looks good on a photo but totally disturbing in reality. I remember once speaking to a MTF transsexual flight attendant and the trans thing wasn't disturbing me at all but the fake contact lenses made her look like a lizard and I could not focus at all on what she was telling me. It happened another time with a colleague of mine who once showed up with contact lenses and I was so troubled by her "eyes" that I could not absorb a single word of what she was telling me.

I'm sure BrightOcular does the exact same fake fake fake effect. I also think that people who change their eye color dramatically must have something like body dismorphic disorder or self-hatred. Even Michael Jackson did not go there: probably the only thing he did not do to look more like a caucasian.

by Anonymousreply 3012/26/2014

R28 is rather slow, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 3112/26/2014

R32 We certainly have more than enough racists, but that doesn't stop you.

by Anonymousreply 3312/26/2014

Not sure why the faggot at R32 felt the need to say that, when a large majority of the people in the photos are white.

by Anonymousreply 3412/26/2014

R20, just keep the disposables clean and they last a long time. My weekly use ones I use for up to six months. It's all a scam.

by Anonymousreply 3512/26/2014

The long term potential for fatal eye problem from this procedure are immense.

I don't care what color you happen to be, avoid this procedure like the plague. This has been around for years in Asia and their experience is less than good.

by Anonymousreply 3612/26/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!