Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Closeted Hollywood actors crack me up.

I get why politicians, athletes-with the exception of ice skaters/cheerleaders/gymnasts-- stay closeted, but come on, after interior decorating and hair styling, acting is the gayest profession EVER!

What's the fucking point? They're a joke. Everyone knows HW actors are as gay as sporting a chichi scarf tied around the neck in the absence of frost, which almost all of them do.

by Anonymousreply 2611/01/2013

Who cracks you up most, OP? And who are the next ten? Male only, please.

by Anonymousreply 110/30/2013

They do it because they think (or are told) that in order to appeal to consumers they have to be straight so as not to break the "illusion" for them despite the fact that making plausible illusions is their job.

by Anonymousreply 210/30/2013

R2 So true - and that follows the economics of it all. All of it leads back to $$$ .....or possible lack of it.

by Anonymousreply 310/30/2013

As I understand it, Hollywood is politically liberal ... but openly gay actors are a liability.

by Anonymousreply 410/30/2013

Weirdly, while high school, even college drama, maybe even professional stage acting is seen as pretty gay, "Hollywood" acting, not so much, or at least not as consistently as the acting outlets. Sure, gayer than a lot of other things. But, for some reason less people seem to jump to the gay assumption when it comes to many (though not all ) Hollywood actors, as they would with the stage actor or the high school thespian.

I think for many closeted actors (and their handlers), it doesn't matter if those around Hollywood or those generally "in the know" are aware of their homosexuality. It still comes down to playing the game to have a better chance at roles and a sustained career (which is hard enough anyway). Maybe some gay actors would still have a decent career, but it probably gets in their head that chances will be reduced. And since they can't know if it would work out if they came out, they don't

And, of course, some probably stay closeted out of some general fear of being rejected and some others out of cowardice, like any other closeted men. Or it could a combination of different things.

I don't agree with it (staying closeted), but that's easy for me to say as a non-actor.

I simply don't think "it's seen as a gay career", "everyone knows anyway" really matters to these closeted actors, or that those things fully negate homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 610/30/2013

OP, Are you aware of the increasing importance of overseas markets in Hollywood's bottom line? Do you think that anyone would risk casting an openly gay or bi actor as a possible romantic lead in a film or TV series which might be sold to a more homophobic nation?

by Anonymousreply 710/30/2013

Oh please...everyone knows Hollywood is the gayest place in the world. Even the most homophobic nations know, yet they watch the movies anyway because who gives a fuck who these people are fucking behind the scenes?

by Anonymousreply 810/31/2013

For what it's worth, I've only met straight people in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 910/31/2013

OP, girl, do you still strongly believe that your imaginary actor boyfriend have never sucked a dick?

by Anonymousreply 1010/31/2013

I know women who do not want Matt Bomer as that Christian Grey guy b/c Matt came out; they tell me they look at him and they think of him in bed with another man, not them.

by Anonymousreply 1110/31/2013

R11, you couldn't be more wrong about this one. Women wanted Bomer. He was trending when Hunnam was chosen. They wanted him.

by Anonymousreply 1210/31/2013

I know most women do not have any problem at all to imagine two hot single men together, but the married ones especially with one of them is vile-looking are just too creepy.

by Anonymousreply 1310/31/2013

R12, sadly, I'm not wrong about women I know telling me they didn't want him.

It's great Bomer was trending. I think he'd be great in the part.

But some women I know aren't into gay movie stars playing objects of sexual desire.

They don't mind when TR Knight comes out b/c George O'Malley was every gal's pal.

They'd freak if McCreamy or McSteamy came out. They don't want to think of guys like them in bed with other guys.

Some women, not all women.

by Anonymousreply 1410/31/2013

[quote]It's great Bomer was trending. I think he'd be great in the part.

Straight-men-want-to-go-gay-for-Matt Bomer is also trending, you know.

by Anonymousreply 1510/31/2013

[R5] is the most intelligent post. I've been an actor for thirty five years, I went to a very famous drama school and big stars emerged from my class. I've worked on and off b'way, in big and small regionals, on tour, on TV and in many movies, from small to modest sized parts. There are PLENTY of straight actors. Period. There are big stars who did not "play around" to get their breaks. There are even guys who mainly do musicals who are truly straight, not "experimental" (musicals are probably the "gayest" of the arts). And there are actors, male and female, who are homophobes and really resent being thought gay.

Actual gay men closet in LA if they feel they have a shot at genuine stardom. No one has "handlers" only idiots believe that. The individual makes a choice, it is either supported by his/her management or not. Many people will tell a young person who is getting breaks and has the kind of qualities that make people stars to hide as much of their true private lives as they can -- this advice is given to straight people as well. You don't want anyone using private info against you.

But someone in that category who is gay and really wants to be out, will come out. No one in the business will care, there are dozens and dozens of candidates who either really have a star's charisma and looks or who can be sold as having them. For that person who came out, there is struggling in New York theater, or accepting reduced opportunities mostly in TV.

I am gay, I am out but the "all the drama geeks were fags" idiots here are arts hating fools and pathetic goons who need masturbation fodder.

by Anonymousreply 1610/31/2013

OP cracks me up with her bad acting in a gay gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 1710/31/2013

[quote]her comments actually come across as rather homophobic. Acting is a gay profession because it lacks the OP's approval as a manly profession?

Everybody knows that OP is a straight female pretending she knows stuff. The only profession approved as manly by OP is being a regular customer of a whorehouse. Even driving a truck is secretly gay.

by Anonymousreply 1810/31/2013

Thank you r16. An informative post! I wonder who you are... Denis O'Hare? Is he out?

by Anonymousreply 1910/31/2013

Welcome back to earth r19!

by Anonymousreply 2010/31/2013

"Straight-men-want-to-go-gay-for-Matt Bomer is also trending, you know."

by Anonymousreply 2110/31/2013

Thanks R16- big stars like male professional athletes have images to project and that image seems to still be a heterosexual. Who knows if a big star could carry off the big career and be out. I suspect so, but we really don't know yet- do we? The OP's post is full of internalized (or maybe not) homophobia re hairdressers and actors- just to show you that homophobia "shines" through even those who think they are not.

by Anonymousreply 2210/31/2013

Fuck you, R18! I am very much a man and a very manly one at that. So fuck off, fucker.

by Anonymousreply 2310/31/2013

R23 We believe you, we believe that the drama school had to kick you out because you're so vapid and uninspiring.

by Anonymousreply 2411/01/2013

Will the OP please share with me who the out gay gymnasts are. I have had many a crush.

by Anonymousreply 2511/01/2013

Why does a manly man throwing tantrums like a girly man in a gay gossip site?

by Anonymousreply 2611/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!