Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Should I spend all of my money now before super-inflation kicks in?

Why save the nest egg if economists predict a wave of superinflation is going to hit America and the world in the next 10 years and make a loaf of bread cost $50----if you can find a loaf of bread.

Should I blow it on blow and party boys now?

by Lotus Blossomreply 1611/02/2013

Yes, you should. Then, please do us all a favor: instead of posting asinine questions like this one, take the nearest two pencils you can find and jam them forcefully into your eye sockets.

by Lotus Blossomreply 110/30/2013

Why don't you blow it all on bread (and a freezer to keep it in)?

by Lotus Blossomreply 210/30/2013

The only economists predicting such a thing have been predicting it for years, and have been wrong about practically everything else too.

by Lotus Blossomreply 310/30/2013

Hold me, David... I'm scared.

by Lotus Blossomreply 410/30/2013

Only if you want to be dirt poor when a great many of the rest of us are just poor.

by Lotus Blossomreply 510/30/2013

If you really believed this, why wouldn't you buy gold, or emergency food, guns, toilet paper etc like the rest of the nut jobs?

by Lotus Blossomreply 610/30/2013

Just kill yourself now, OP, while you're rolling in dough.

by Lotus Blossomreply 710/30/2013

If you really believe it then invest your "nest egg" money in inflation protected bonds.

by Lotus Blossomreply 810/30/2013

Wow, you're really still holding out hope for that scare, huh, even in the face of historically low inflation.

I imagine you are also waiting for all those GMO corn-related deaths!

by Lotus Blossomreply 910/30/2013

No. Don't spend it. Just give it all to me for, you know, safe keeping.

by Lotus Blossomreply 1010/30/2013

Send me a big check and I'll let you know when it's gonna happen.

by Lotus Blossomreply 1110/31/2013

This is almost the exact same question Aunt G asked when she decided to change her 401 k to annuity when the financial crisis hit. Unfortunately she did it during the lowest month, immediately before stimuli were injected. Now she has less than enough to live on month to month, when she used to have a surplus. As her dippy niece told her--"don't trust the government to care for our safety, get out while you can!"

by Lotus Blossomreply 1210/31/2013

What nest egg? Sweetie, I can see the visible cocaine residue and cum stains from over here.

by Lotus Blossomreply 1310/31/2013

By "over here" you must mean inside your Malibu Barbie house for adult fairies?

by Lotus Blossomreply 1410/31/2013

Unfortunately, there seem to be many people who think that -- since there's a chance they MIGHT be financially screwed later -- they should take steps now to ensure they are DEFINITELY financially screwed later. People with a 0% savings rate on a decent income seem to be falling into that self-handicapping mindset.

Good luck with that, OP. It least you won't have to wonder if you'll be poor when you make sure the answer is "yes".

by Lotus Blossomreply 1511/02/2013

The life of a libertarian . . . Well, you know the rest.

by Lotus Blossomreply 1611/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!