Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mary Steenburgen is considerate

Last night when I was breezing into the men's room at the premier of Last Vegas, I saw Mary Steenburgen trying to get into the women's room and the picture was about to start. There was a long line for the women's room (you ladies have it bad, don't you) and I said to Ms. Steenburgen that she should just go to the head of the line seeing the movie was about to start. She said she didn't think that was fair.

My partner agrees that she should have waited like all the other women rather than go to the front of the line. He says I'm a sycophant for thinking she should have been afforded special consideration. I don't think she should have had to decide between missing the beginning of her movie or suffering for an hour and a half.

by Anonymousreply 2111/01/2013

Was Ted there?

by Anonymousreply 110/30/2013

You should have offered to sneak her into the men's room and stand guard.

by Anonymousreply 210/30/2013

When there's a line for the ladies room, you're supposed to let them into the men's room stalls. They appreciate the cleanliness.

by Anonymousreply 310/30/2013

[quote]She said she didn't think that was fair.

Not to mention had she cut the line, it would have been all over the gossip columns the next day.

by Anonymousreply 410/30/2013

He wasn't, R1. I should have thought of that, R2.

by Anonymousreply 610/30/2013

Was she wearing her cute new haircut with the bangs?

by Anonymousreply 710/30/2013

You were inappropriately presumptuous and rather rude for intruding on a woman you didn't know concerning her need to use a rest room. The fact that she was a celebrity who you knew to have a stake in the event under way was no excuse.

If she had any serious concern about the timing of her arrival in the theater, she would have gone to the theater manager and requested access to the staff restroom.

Perhaps those stories about her are true.

by Anonymousreply 810/30/2013

So to recap.

OP thinks that celebrities should be able to pee and or shit before non-celebrities.

And OP's partner has at least the common sense God gave a flee to know that OP, in this respect, is completely wrong.

OP, why do you think it is a much more unfortunate thing for Mary Steenburgen to miss the beginning of a movie than anyone else standing in that line?

by Anonymousreply 910/30/2013

Met her about 15 years ago in an ice cream store line in Santa Monica. I've always liked her, so I told her I was a fan. She is very nice and down-to-earth. She was also waiting her turn, even then LOL.

by Anonymousreply 1010/30/2013

The reason I don't think it was fair for her to not be able to use the facilities is because she was one of the first stars to arrive but everybody wanted to interview her and photograph her. It wasn't her fault she couldn't get in sooner. And, there would not have been enough time for her handler to find a manager to get access to a non-crowded bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 1110/31/2013

Oh please, OP, this is really just your not-so-subtle attempt to impress DL that you attended a premiere of a shitty movie.

I've met her too--in Little Rock-- she was warm and gracious. She was probably appalled you suggested she cut in line.

by Anonymousreply 1210/31/2013

My God OP, why didn't you just suggest she crouch in a lobby corner and piss in your mouth, you pathetic star fucker.

I hope she taught you a lesson in humility.

by Anonymousreply 1310/31/2013

Who else was at the premiere?

by Anonymousreply 1410/31/2013

She stood behind me in line on Martha's Vineyard. She was nice to people who noticed her. I also think she is a natural beauty.

by Anonymousreply 1510/31/2013

I've never understood why people don't pee before they go to the movies. Most hellish restroom lines are at the movie theater. Pee before you go, don't drink 64 oz while you're there.

Personally, I don't eat if drink at the movies. I'd rather eat dinner before or after the movies. Movie food and drink is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 1610/31/2013

About ten years ago, I was on a date and we saw Mary Steenburgen with her daughter at a restaurant. This was right after "Elf" came out, so as we walked by her table to get seated, I paused to tell her how much I enjoyed the movie, and how great she was in it. She was very appreciative. Soft-spoken and lovely.

On our way out, I noticed she had already left the restaurant, not a huge surprise since she was seated ahead of us. But imagine my surprise as we exited the restaurant, to see Mary squatting in some bushes in front of the restaurant! "Mary!" I called out, "is everything okay?" I didn't hear a response so I approached. I noticed her pants around her ankles, and could hear a steady stream of liquid. "Oh my!" I cried, and that's when I heard what Mary was saying. "The line for the ladies room was too long, and I could *never* cut in front of the other gals!"

I rushed away, embarrassed, and never breathed a word of that incident until today. What a wonderful, considerate woman she is!

by Anonymousreply 1710/31/2013

Good one R17. A number of years ago I was staying in the Plaza hotel with family members. We were waiting for the elevator and when the doors opened Mary and Ted rushed in. We assumed they wouldn't want us riding up with them so we decided to wait for the next one. Ted said "Aren't you going up?" So, on the ride up Ted noticed my sister-in-law's Playbill with Al Pacino on the cover and began to ask about the play. When we reached our floor and stepped out both of them wished us a nice evening. Really genuine and classy people. P.S. They were both better looking in person.

by Anonymousreply 1811/01/2013

When did Mary become Hollywood's designated GILF? From Stepbrothers to 4 Christmases, to The Proposal, she's pretty much played the same role for the past several years.

by Anonymousreply 1911/01/2013

Do you remember Mary tap dancing while twirling a baton to the tune of the stones "Can't Get No Satisfaction", in the film MELVIN AND HOWARD?

I fell in love with her at that moment.

by Anonymousreply 2011/01/2013

This wasn't a universal situation, yet you forced forced people to vote as if it were. Should celebs *sometimes* be given special consideration? It certain situations, yes. In this situation, no, she's already seen her movie and could miss part of the beginning, big whoop.

by Anonymousreply 2111/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!