Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Old lady goes berserk at McDonald's over drink refill,

triggers a high-speed police chase in her Mercedes

An unpaid drink refill led to a high-speed chase Monday, forcing police to use a spike strip to flatten the tires of a disgruntled fast food patron.

Jodi Silva with the Houston Police Department tells CultureMap that Karen Kay Kristopher walked into the McDonald's at Westheimer and Voss around 2:45 a.m. carrying her own Micky D's cup. She proceeded to fix herself a drink at the refill station.

When employees asked her to stop, the 67-year-old woman exploded with a barrage of insults and refused to leave the restaurant. Workers called police, who eventually coaxed her into the parking lot . . . where she was double-parked across two handicapped spaces.

Officers wrote a parking citation and suggested that Kristopher leave the premises or risk a charge of criminal trespassing. She eventually got into her car, a vintage blue-gray Mercedes station wagon, and slowly made her way out of the lot.

"At that point, police see that her inspection sticker is expired and they motion for her to stop," Silva says. "The suspect refuses and tries to run over the officers before driving away."

Sirens, flashing lights and even verbal commands couldn't stop Kristopher on her wild ride from the law. Another police unit managed to lay a spike strip in her path, ending the chase on Hillcroft near Richmond at 3:20 a.m.

In one final act of defiance, Kristopher locked her doors and refused to leave the Mercedes. Police broke a back window to pull her out of the vehicle. Charges for evading arrest are pending.

by Anonymousreply 3410/30/2013

Doesn't this seem rather excessive and wasteful on the police department's part?

Aren't there real crimes to solve?

by Anonymousreply 210/30/2013

Her initials are KKK? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 310/30/2013

I have a friend who does that with McDonald's coffee. I'll warn him to stay out of Tay Hahs.

by Anonymousreply 410/30/2013

Entitled old twat

by Anonymousreply 510/30/2013

I googled her and she has been found by a Texas court to be a vexatious litigant because she filed 7 frivolous lawsuits against someone

Vexatious litigation is legal action which is brought, regardless of its merits, solely to harass or subdue an adversary. It may take the form of a primary frivolous lawsuit or may be the repetitive, burdensome, and unwarranted filing of meritless motions in a matter which is otherwise a meritorious cause of action. Filing vexatious litigation is considered an abuse of the judicial process and may result in sanctions against the offender.

by Anonymousreply 610/30/2013

McDonald employees don't get paid enough

by Anonymousreply 710/30/2013

She's also the founder of the Houston Area Association for Decency. It's a group that tries to get strip clubs closed down. She stands outside the clubs and takes photos of the people who go inside. She's run for city counsel twice

by Anonymousreply 810/30/2013

McDonald's is the Florida of fast-food chains.

by Anonymousreply 910/30/2013

It's Texas, the vehicle inspection shit is a scam. They should have just let her go and be done with her. They could also have gone to her house later over the sticker if they needed to.

by Anonymousreply 1010/30/2013

Wow, what a loon and running for a political office. Michelle Bachmann better watch out or she will lose her place as one of the right's major loons.

by Anonymousreply 1110/30/2013

2:45 a.m.? Drunk or Alzheimer's.

by Anonymousreply 1310/30/2013

She has filed 78 frivolous lawsuits against people (acting as her own attorney). the courts have ruled that she isn't allowed to file any more lawsuits unless she has a lawyer representing her.

by Anonymousreply 1410/30/2013

OP, we want you stay on this piece of news and get back to us with developments on this crazy lady.

by Anonymousreply 1710/30/2013

And yet police won't go within ten miles of white collar criminals destroying Wall Street, who are just as crazy and greedy as this old bag.

by Anonymousreply 1810/30/2013

They saw what happened to Eliot Spitzer, r18.

by Anonymousreply 1910/30/2013

It wasn't really a refill if she never bought a drink in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 2010/30/2013

Technically it was R20. She probably bought a drink in 1978 when she got the cup.

by Anonymousreply 2110/30/2013

[quote]McDonald employees don't get paid enough

This is the very definition of literal truth.

by Anonymousreply 2210/30/2013

Going by the hour this occurred and the way she was acting, it sounds like she was drunk. Why did the cops let someone like that get behind the wheel?

by Anonymousreply 2310/30/2013

Drunk? More like drugs.

by Anonymousreply 2410/30/2013

The self-righteous types are always the ones with the real issues.

by Anonymousreply 2510/30/2013

[quote]The self-righteous types are always the ones with the real issues.

Yes, especially those with money think they can do whatever they want, to whomever they want, whenever they want.

Fucking assholes. Throw her in jail and let her rot!

by Anonymousreply 2610/30/2013

No, she just has a bad case of Crazy Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2710/30/2013

Misleading headline, since she didn't go berserk over a drink refill. And it wasn't even a "refill" since she brought in a cup from a pervious purchase.

by Anonymousreply 2810/30/2013

[quote]Then again, if the old lady were an old man, you'd be cheering the cops and calling for his castration, wouldn't you?

Or black, or young, or poor - DL would think the cops should have done more like tasered him/her.

by Anonymousreply 3010/30/2013

I wonder if they gave her the breathalyzer before letting her just drive off. Totally sounds like she was drunk off her ass. She probably is in early dementia.

by Anonymousreply 3110/30/2013

Texas.

by Anonymousreply 3210/30/2013

She needs to be horsewhipped Texas-style on the corner of Westheimer and Gessner this Saturday at noon!

by Anonymousreply 3310/30/2013

If not drunk, then symptoms of dementia. I'm surprised the cops didn't give her a breathalyzer. It's the first thing that crossed my mind about the dingbat.

I do have to say that I chuckled when I read they busted out the Mercedes rear window.

by Anonymousreply 3410/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.