Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cheryl ruins Halloween!

Vying for the title of "worst house on the block," one North Dakota woman has decided to forego apples and toothbrushes this Halloween in favor of a letter chiding parents of "moderately obese" trick-or-treaters for letting their kids eat candy.

"You are probably wondering why your child has this note," the letter starts. "Have you ever heard the saying, 'It wakes a village to raise a child'?"

It continues:

[italic]You (sic) child is, in my opinion, moderately obese and should not be consuming sugar and treats to the extent of some children this Halloween season.

My hope is that you will step up as a parent and ration candy this Halloween and not allow your child to continue these unhealthy eating habits. "I just want to send a message to the parents of kids that are really overweight," said the Fargo woman who phoned into a local radio station yesterday morning. "I think it's just really irresponsible of parents to send them out looking for free candy just 'cause all the other kids are doing it."[/italic]

Identified only as "Cheryl," the letter writer went on to say she refuses to contribute to "their health problems" because she considers those kids "everybody's kids."

An assistant professor of Clinical Psychology who spoke with Valley News Live said the letter will likely do much more damage than any good by singling out children who are desperately trying to fit in.

"It's just that kind of thing that for some kids, if they're vulnerable, might trigger major problems," said Dr. Katie Gordon.

The professor also noted that it's impossible to judge someone's health "just by looking at them."

by Anonymousreply 910/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 110/30/2013

This can't be "our" Cheryl. She hands out snack-size bottles of Massengill on Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 210/30/2013

This Cheryl is part of the newest wave of Nazi Frau Hysteria. When will it ever end? If any of these morons actually did something worthwhile like kill the rich, I would be all for them.

by Anonymousreply 510/30/2013

But this need to tell their neighbors how to live based on unscientific criteria and groupthink, is reprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 610/30/2013

Have some gender identity problems, R3? The professor is female. Maybe we should write a letter to your mother.

by Anonymousreply 710/30/2013

Halloween doesn't create childhood obesity, allowing kids candy, soda, drive-thru food, and other crap through the year is the problem. If parents were able to say "no" for 364 days a year, saying "yes" on Halloween wouldn't do any harm.

Better to give a note to the parents saying "Shape up, feed your kid an appropriate diet and say 'no' once in a while, YOU are the problem".

by Anonymousreply 810/30/2013

I ate all the candy I bought for kids, so now I'm just handing out notes telling everybody how fat they are.

Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 910/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!