Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Walking Dead - Season 4, part two

Still in prison. Are they lifers, now?

Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 60112/12/2013

Well these first three have been pretty underwhelming although I'm enjoying Carol's new attitude. Is it me or is she looking kind of hot this season?

by Anonymousreply 210/30/2013

POSSIBLE SPOILER

if they follow the comic - carol goes bat shit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 310/30/2013

Well yes R3, but in the comic, she also put the moves on Rick's wife who's now dead. If I remember correctly, Lori's rejection was one of the things that sent her over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 410/30/2013

I told you guys Carol was a lesbian.

But you believe me.

NO!!

by Anonymousreply 510/30/2013

I am just saying if they follow the comic...not if they follow it exactly or else Andrea would still be alive and Carole would be a zombie.

by Anonymousreply 610/30/2013

I think Carol is attractive. She has a kind of Jamie Lee Curtis thing going on.

by Anonymousreply 710/31/2013

Carol is hot for daaays and I would slurp on that gray rug 'til the zombies came home.

by Anonymousreply 810/31/2013

Zombies. The science guys did an experiment to find out which works better, a machete or a pump-action machine gun against a hoard of zombies.

The machete won. Just FYI.

This upcoming show: will Tyrese and the others get medicine? Will they make it back in time? And was that the first time any show has had 3 black people in a car with one white person?

by Anonymousreply 911/02/2013

I hope Carol goes nuts and takes out Carl, can't stand that little creep

by Anonymousreply 1011/02/2013

I'm not saying this is what's going on, but usually on TWD, we get to spend more time with a character before their permanent exist. I really hope they don't kill Carol off, as she's one of the originals, and I just don't give a fuck about all the new people.

by Anonymousreply 1211/02/2013

For some reason Carol reminds me of the blond singer in the Indigo Girls.

by Anonymousreply 1511/03/2013

Great episode tonight so far.

by Anonymousreply 1611/03/2013

i didnt see the coming about Carol.

by Anonymousreply 1711/03/2013

What about me????

by Anonymousreply 1811/03/2013

I liked the lesbian music playing after Rick ditched Carol.

by Anonymousreply 1911/03/2013

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 2011/03/2013

Pookie ain't going to be happy

by Anonymousreply 2111/03/2013

Chris Jericho sure is a breath of fresh air after that idiot Marilyn Manson on Talking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 2211/03/2013

R20: rick and carol went off to scavenge in a local town for medicine, and they encountered some survivors, and there was a big fight and rick got bit. just before he changed carol stabbed him in the head, but not before one of the other people (who had also been killed in the skirmish) ripped her neck open and killed her. the episode ended with carol and the other two crouched over rick, eating him. totally a shocker, but i was glad to see them really mix it up!

by Anonymousreply 2311/03/2013

Am I the only one who wants to see Michonne and Daryl fuck?

by Anonymousreply 2411/03/2013

I'd like to see Daryl and anyone fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2511/03/2013

I think they have Michonne kidding around with Daryl to fill the Carol gap

by Anonymousreply 2611/03/2013

r23 u r evil

by Anonymousreply 2711/03/2013

I'm not sure if I like this new cunty Carol.

We'll see how things go, but I'm always team Rick.

Most of the time...

by Anonymousreply 2811/03/2013

Team Carol on this one.

This show sure doesn't let strong women make a difficult decision without getting punished for it.

by Anonymousreply 2911/03/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3011/03/2013

I wonder how Daryl is going to react to Carol's banishment. Same with Hershel. Rick was too harsh on her. Like he's never made a mistake! The fact is those two people were going to fucking die and infect the other people at camp. Rick pissed me the fuck off in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 3111/03/2013

So what do we think happened to the hippie couple?

by Anonymousreply 3211/04/2013

So how long has it been since it all went bad? Certainly more than a year, right?

These cars are looking in great shape, and starting up well... normally, gas left in a car sitting for a year basically goes bad.

There's no new gas being made. Within a couple of years, there won't be any that could burn in a car and make it go. It's volatile. What didn't evaporate would chemically change to the point where it'd be useless.

I hope they enjoy their time in their cars, it's rapidly coming to an end if they want to remain realistic.

by Anonymousreply 3311/04/2013

[quote]So what do we think happened to the hippie couple?

They went off to start a free-range, organic locavore cafe.

by Anonymousreply 3411/04/2013

I think Carol made the right call. She is far stronger than Rick, who's a weak, sanctimonious man. Even Carl's judgement is better than his. And don't get me started on that pontificating old turd, Hershel. I'm not sure if it's even possible, but he's become even more annoying than either Dale or Laurie.

by Anonymousreply 3511/04/2013

Do you think Daryl should be exposing The Supremes to all of that second hand smoke?

by Anonymousreply 3611/04/2013

Is this the last we have seen of Carol?

by Anonymousreply 3711/04/2013

R32, the girl is zombie food.

I have no fucking clue what happened to the guy.

Wouldn't it be cool if he was a part of the Gov's new crew?

by Anonymousreply 3811/04/2013

Carol's Rainbow Express, r30?

by Anonymousreply 3911/04/2013

Did anyone notice all of that hair growing under Carol's arm? It looked like the Black Forest.

by Anonymousreply 4011/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 4111/04/2013

Was that the girl the two zombies were eating that Carol and Rick saw? So they went back to the house and waited for the guy?

Thanks, I had a phone call during the show so could see it but couldn't hear it for a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 4211/04/2013

I knew Carol was a goner. Is this a new way of getting rid of regulars, by simply sending them off into the sunset, versus killing them off?

I wish they did that with Shane and Dale and Andrea, so there would have at least been a chance of them returning.

The problem is that the show has become formulaic. Once Carol killed those two people, there was no way she could be redeemed. It was the same thing they did to Shane. Once he killed Otis, he was a "murderer," and thus had to be killed or exiled. Duh.

This season is moving way too slow for me. I just wish they'd move on. I don't know where to... but just MOVE.

Okay, I'm gonna be un-pc here for a moment, but I'm wondering how the black centric storylines will play with the Walking Dead audience.

You just know that tons of doomsday preppers and rednecks watch this show because the thought of any sort of apocalypse sends them into a frenzy.

Until now, the characters have been predominantly white. All of a sudden, you have Darryl in a car with three black people.

I wonder how this will play with the audience?

The American viewing public is very fickle. Once they sense the show is getting "off track," they'll start tuning out.

Race of no race, all i know is that the show had better pick up speed, or I think that for the first time since season one, the show will begin to lose viewers.

There's only so much the loyal fans will put up with, before we start tuning out. I'm really disappointed that four episodes in, and they survivors haven't made very much progress.

WTF is going on with this show? The premiere started out so hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 4311/04/2013

The murder mystery would have been much better, spending the year trying figure out whodidit, while killing the zombies.

by Anonymousreply 4411/04/2013

The guy with the dislocated shoulder was played by out actor, Robin Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 4611/04/2013

Only certain characters (and never women) get to be redeemed on this show.

Carol took care of 2 potentially lethal sick people, but Carl gets a pass from Rick for shooting a surrendering teenager at point blank range.

by Anonymousreply 4711/04/2013

[quote]I hope they enjoy their time in their cars, it's rapidly coming to an end if they want to remain realistic

You as opposed to the realism of having the dead re-animated and eating people? Ok then.

by Anonymousreply 4911/04/2013

I think Carol will be forming an alliance with the Governor.

by Anonymousreply 5011/04/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 5111/04/2013

The show made a sponsorship deal with Hyundai. So they won't be driving any competitors cars around.

by Anonymousreply 5211/04/2013

Carol leaving is just to align herself with the Governor down the line.

Mark my words, they will be a team come mid-season.

by Anonymousreply 5311/04/2013

[quote] Rick's got a murderous kid, he's a murderer himself. And instead of there being a storyline to redeem Carol or working it out, he banishes her from his prison gang while out on a supply run?!? That's really fucked up.

To be fair, I think Rick did it to save her life. Tyrese is a nutjob, and if he ever found out that Carol killed his girlfriend, he would (without a doubt) have killed Carol.

Rick knew it was either banish her, or start a war inside the prison, with Carol inevitably being killed.

It was the smart thing to do, on Rick's part. Carol, however, may have other ideas. I agree she might side with the Governor to get her girls back.

by Anonymousreply 5411/04/2013

Rick could have kept his mouth shut.

He owes Carol that much for what happened to her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 5511/04/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 5611/04/2013

r45 uh no - it's an adaptation of the comic The Walking Dead.

Why Rick sent Carol away. Rick gave up leadership of the group. He had to. He saw that Carl was becoming a cold killer based on how Rick made his decisions. After losing Laurie, his ground to reality he went nuts. Giving up leadership, taking guns away from Carl was he way of getting sane again.

First Carl tells him Carol is teaching children how to kill, then he sees her out alone, fixing the water flow as zombies approach, he knows. She has no regard for her life. He figures out she killed the infected. At some point he realizes Carol is too far gone. She is bad for the group and has to go. He can kill her, but he finds another way. He sends her away and with that he takes the leadership role again. Carole had to go.

by Anonymousreply 5711/04/2013

Okay again this Carol banishment is for plotline purposes.

She will align with the Governor and be even more hardened.

by Anonymousreply 5811/04/2013

R57 the movie came first, then the comic book and finally the TV show.

Cillian Murphy originated the part of Rick in the film.

by Anonymousreply 5911/04/2013

Carol has no idea who the governor is. She never met him. More than likely if she does come back we will find here at the next big encampment they get to (after woodbury/prison in the comic they get to another town - the governor died in the comics though as did Carole..she fed herself to the zombies.)

by Anonymousreply 6011/04/2013

I have a theory that Carol did not murder the 2 people. The little girl in the infirmary is the killer and Carol was covering for her. I guess we'll know if the murders continue.

by Anonymousreply 6111/04/2013

I loved the episode, as I love the ones that deal more with interpersonal dynamics than just zombie pounding action type episodes. Crazy Lizzie calling Carol "Mom" was a nice nod to the comic, I think. Daryl giving Bob Stookey the visual beat down was great, and I agree that Carol got the boot to keep her from being made mincemeat of by Tyrese and the others. Sucks, 'cause I love Carol's character development much better than the book's depiction of her.

by Anonymousreply 6211/04/2013

r59

no..the creator and writer of the walking dead himself says it is not based on 28 days later , his book came first. 28 days was released in june first issue of walking dead came out in oct, but lead time on comics is months. Kirkman (the writer) says he was working on the second book when he saw 28 days later.

by Anonymousreply 6411/04/2013

Not when the creator says it was not. You are stating things as fact when the people who actually wrote and produced these things say it is not.

by Anonymousreply 6611/04/2013

But the walking dead is not baed on the movie 28 days later....

The 90-minute episode featured similarities in style and substance to films such as Danny Boyle's '28 Days Later', however, the original writer plays down concerns surrounding the show's originality, insisting his books came first. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Kirkman said, "I saw 28 Days Later shortly before the first issue of Walking Dead was released. That first issue came out in October of 2003 and 28 Days Later was released in the States in June of 2003. So we were working on our second issue by the time I saw it", before adding, "Yeah. It was a little annoying. But great minds think alike, right". Kirkman, who also wrote the 'Invincible', 'Ultimate X-Men', and 'Marvel Zombies' comic books, denied rumours that one of the zombies in the pilot episode was played by Jim Carey, saying, "It's not Jim Carrey at all. And dammit, most days I remember that guy's name. He's a great guy".

by Anonymousreply 6811/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 6911/04/2013

How many episodes before the winter break?

by Anonymousreply 7111/04/2013

Oops, just saw R1 comment re the break.

by Anonymousreply 7211/04/2013

Could Melissa McBride be a cancer survivor?

by Anonymousreply 7311/04/2013

[quote]The show made a sponsorship deal with Hyundai. So they won't be driving any competitors cars around.

Love my Hyundai Sonata!

by Anonymousreply 7411/04/2013

[quote]Tyrese is a nutjob

I'll say! Wearing a knit cap in the heat of summer.

by Anonymousreply 7511/04/2013

[quote]Danny Boyle should get a piece of the pie of Walking Dead, since they ripped off his idea

And George Romero should get a piece of everyone's pie since he invented the flesh eating zombie.

by Anonymousreply 7611/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 7711/04/2013

I don't get those defending what Carol did? If her killing Karen and David was a good thing, then why isn't anyone killing Glenn, Sasha and all the rest who are infected and could infect the children and those who aren't sick? Karen and David had been isolated fro everyone else, so it's not like they were going around coughing on things ad shit. Carol turned on her own. Rick didn't, he defended himself against fucking hot Shane.

I hope Carol doesn't team up with the governor, that'd be too predictable. I hope they do something interesting with her though. Her character has become really good this season.

Also, I don't think Tyrese would've killed her. When he said that, he thought a man had done it.

by Anonymousreply 7811/04/2013

I'm sick of Tyreese.

by Anonymousreply 7911/04/2013

Rick went to great lengths to explain that others at the prison would not trust her...and that he wouldn't trust her.

I thought he actually did a good thing by letting her go. He would have had to kill her if he didn't to keep the peace.

I wonder if he will tell the group the truth or say walkers got her.

Either way...Darryl is going to be a mess.

by Anonymousreply 8011/04/2013

Well, hello Chris Jericho! Loved him on "Talking Dead" last night. So smart. So funny. So hot. He delivered a master class on the episode. LOL. His dissertation on the whole holding on vs letting go theme had even the host in awe.

I'm with those who think Tyreese is a very weak link. Needy, indecisive, suicidal. The three secondary black characters all have problems. Tyreese (see above). Bob is an alkie. Tyreese's sister Sasha got the balls in the family, but now she's also got the virus.

I, too, think Carol will wind up in some sort of alliance with the Governor, but will also end up killing him (and she will die in the process) in an act of redemption.

by Anonymousreply 8111/04/2013

[quote] Could Melissa McBride be a cancer survivor?

She sported the same look in "The Mist" (2007) which Darabont directed.

by Anonymousreply 8311/04/2013

Where's the governor? Where's that voice they found on the radio station in the car? Where's the ten thousand zombies they ran into on the highway? Why didn't the squirrels eat those fucking tomatoes???

Getting a little sick of storylines just hanging, in lieu of underwhelming attempts at shock, i.e. letting Carol go after he had her work her shift all day scraping up supplies and picking fruit.

by Anonymousreply 8411/04/2013

[quote]I have a theory that Carol did not murder the 2 people. The little girl in the infirmary is the killer and Carol was covering for her. I guess we'll know if the murders continue.

I buy this. When the killings first occurred, the girl was the first suspect that came to my mind. She was present when Carol did it to her father and she may be reenacting it, either out of psychological trauma or a notion that it is the correct thing to do. It also dovetails neatly with the controversy over Carol teaching the children how to use knives.

by Anonymousreply 8511/04/2013

Seriously, it would be fun if Carol ran into a group of surviving lesbians, we are a very people practical after all.

I'll bet a group of Southern gay ladies could kick some ass.

I hate the "Carol is a lesbian trope" but I love thinking of that script.

And wouldn't it be interesting if there was a surviving group of gay men? What would that be like?

by Anonymousreply 8611/04/2013

Fuck this show. Fuck the writers/producers. Fuck Rick, fuck Tyrese fuck all the new people no one gives two shits about.

by Anonymousreply 8711/04/2013

[quote] Darryl is going to be a mess.

Once you black, you never go back.

They are going to team him up with the black chick.

by Anonymousreply 8911/04/2013

I just watched episode two and I think Daryl was more upset about Zack than the girl was.

Was the kid who was killed the same one that was trying to guess Daryl's occupation pre-walker? I love subtle flirting (hero worship, admiration, whatever) like that.

by Anonymousreply 9011/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 9111/04/2013

If this Michfest-Zombie idea were to take off do you think the womyn could use the walker men as sperm donors? just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 9311/04/2013

r92 I believed you Anita!

by Anonymousreply 9411/04/2013

Kick me off

by Anonymousreply 9511/04/2013

R85, did you miss the whole flashback showing Carol committing the murders alone? She's not covering for anyone. She did it and owned up to Rick about it.

by Anonymousreply 9611/04/2013

R96, was that Carol's flashback or Rick imagining what happened?

Don't think the 2 creepy kids did it - too small to drag those bodies.

by Anonymousreply 9711/04/2013

[quote]I love the idea of Michfest being a stronghold of womyn survivors.

Sharpen those canes, ladies! A blunt tip won't pierce walker skull.

by Anonymousreply 9811/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 9911/04/2013

Let's pretend the we are at the Michfest for the darkness. I am Carol's hair.

by Anonymousreply 10011/04/2013

This season is starting to feel very much like season 2, VERY slow.

I LOVE that Daryl went on a meds run with three black people. I can't imagine the Daryl from the first few seasons doing something like that.

by Anonymousreply 10111/04/2013

Troll-dar reveals R88 is a real fucking idiot. Also, he's a racist.

by Anonymousreply 10211/04/2013

Fuck. I was sick all day yesterday and totally forgot to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 10311/04/2013

All the people claiming Walking Dead ripped off 28 Days Later are suffering from blinding stupidity (and this is from someone for whom 28 Days Later is amongst my favourite films).

Both The Walking Dead and 28 Days Later's opening sequences were inspired by the opening sequence of Day of the Triffids. Go watch/read it of you don't believe me.

It's a fucking homage, jesus.

Otherwise John Wyndham's estate would be suing the shit out of both.

by Anonymousreply 10411/04/2013

R96, those were not flashbacks. That was Rick imagining what might've happened after Carol confessed.

by Anonymousreply 10511/04/2013

Steven Yeun (Glenn) looks like he has gained a bit of weight. Notice his face.

by Anonymousreply 10611/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 10711/04/2013

R105, they were flashbacks. I forgot if I heard it on Talking Dead, but yeah, one o the producers said those were actual flashbacks. In the show, they didn't clarify it though...

It's pretty obvious that Carol did do it. It makes a much better story than her covering up for two little girls.

I wonder if daryl will take up searching for her like he kinda did with Merle?

by Anonymousreply 10811/04/2013

R96, if the producer said they were flashbacks then that's another thing the writers/producers fucked up. We should be able to tell what they intended instead of having to tune in to the TD to find out what actually happened.

This show is just so sloppily written/executed that it's hardly even worth bothering to speculate on anything on the show.

by Anonymousreply 10911/04/2013

R96, there were no producers on "Talking Dead" last night. So maybe you can clarify your source?

by Anonymousreply 11011/04/2013

[quote] I'm sick of Tyreese.

Me too. I don't like how his character is portrayed. The same with Michonne.

From my understanding of the comic book, people were so psyched about the introduction of Michonne, because she was supposed to be this awesome badass chick.

However, the character simply didn't translate into the show, and I think that's due to either bad casting or bad writing.

Likewise, people really were fans of Tyrese in the comic book, but in the television show, we absolutely loathe him. Writing him as the one-dimensional "angry black man" is just so predictable.

I'm really confounded as to why the characters in the comic book just don't translate into the tv show.

[quote] Steven Yeun (Glenn) looks like he has gained a bit of weight. Notice his face.

He looks just as he did in season one, which is probably his normal weight.

It was in the middle seasons that he started to lose weight, especially last season, where he appeared shirtless a few times. He looked pretty ripped.

I'm guessing that it was too hard to maintain that workout routine, and I don't blame him. I think he looks good.

by Anonymousreply 11111/04/2013

Funny, I go on LOTS of walking dead boards and this is the only one where the constant criticism about too many black characters come on. Funny, how liberal gays always tend to be racist and not even own u to it.

by Anonymousreply 11211/04/2013

[The guy with the dislocated shoulder was played by out actor, Robin Taylor.]

Not a very good actor because he couldn't pull off straight to save his life....

by Anonymousreply 11311/04/2013

it's sad how fast this show is slipping... so much promise after the first season.

by Anonymousreply 11411/04/2013

I had thought Robin Taylor was going to be our new gay male character but it looks as if he disappeared. Was he really trying to play a straight guy? He wasn't passing.

by Anonymousreply 11511/04/2013

They always do this to the women on the show before they die, ugh. They made Lori a whore, then she dies. They made Andrea stupid, then she dies. Now Carol's a murderer, any guesses on what will happen?

by Anonymousreply 11611/04/2013

[quote]Not a very good actor because he couldn't pull off straight to save his life....

It was never established that the Greenhouse Kids were a couple, just that they were roaming together.

[quote]Carol has no idea who the governor is.

Of course she does. She was at the prison when the Governor attacked. She knows all about him and Woodbury. She might know exactly what he looks like but it's safe to say that she's been given a description by those who have seen him.

by Anonymousreply 11711/05/2013

This is not the last of Carol, she just got in the main credits. Also from interviews of the creators they are hinting about surprises with her in the future.

by Anonymousreply 11811/05/2013

What did the message on the car radio say two episodes ago?

by Anonymousreply 11911/05/2013

Again was the Greenhouse couple chased into that bedroom by the Walker?

And that is why they were up there for two days?

by Anonymousreply 12011/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 12111/05/2013

The Greenhouse couple never explained why they were in the house, locked upstairs?

by Anonymousreply 12211/05/2013

The Greenhouse couple did give some excuse for being upstairs. Something like they were afraid of the walker. I do wonder if the guy from the couple will not turn up again. It was odd that a body was never found while they showed the female. Perhaps him and Daryl will have a future together.

by Anonymousreply 12311/05/2013

[quote] It was never established that the Greenhouse Kids were a couple, just that they were roaming together.

It was heavily implied the way he was rubbing her back. Watch it again...

by Anonymousreply 12411/05/2013

Was I the only one who went "yeah daddy" when Daryl went gangster and got all up in Bob the alkie's face?

by Anonymousreply 12511/05/2013

R118, maybe Carol becomes a cannibal herself (yeah right) in order to survive. You know, since she's now learned that she has to do what she has to do in order to survive no matter how repugnant. I know in the comics, there's a gang of cannibals.

by Anonymousreply 12611/05/2013

That lady with the husband's head in the bag -- didn't Rick just leave her after she killed herself? I never saw him destroy the skull. Is she still walking around now?

(After the episode I thought back and laughed at her line "you call them walkers?" because her husband wasn't walking anywhere!)

by Anonymousreply 12711/05/2013

I want just once . for Amy Poler dressed as Katlin to come out screaming RICK RICK RICK>>>>

by Anonymousreply 12811/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 12911/06/2013

Steven Yuen was just carjacked!

by Anonymousreply 13011/06/2013

I am so fucking pissed at how Rick treated Carol. What a hypocritical fuckwad!

If I were her, I would've just climbed in the back of the car and said "fuck you, douchebag!"

Or, at the very least, ran over him when I turned around in the cul-de-sac (and what a great coincidence that Rick parked in one!).

I have watched this show since day one, despite the boredom of season 2 and the stupidity of season 3, but eliminating the only interesting female may just be the incentive I need to stop watching this fucking abortion.

Scott Gimple is a fucking asshole!

by Anonymousreply 13111/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 13211/08/2013

[quote] but eliminating the only interesting female may just be the incentive I need to stop watching this fucking abortion.

Carol didn't get killed off. Just sent away, and she is not off the canvas. She will resurface.

by Anonymousreply 13311/08/2013

Holy shit @ R132's pic - kill it!

by Anonymousreply 13411/08/2013

I am not sure it came across well on screen but I believe the writers were trying to show Carole had lost regard for life even hers. Rick recognized it and sent her away because he knew either she had to pay for what she did or it would split the group. Sending her away was being kind for all the went through. Both Carole and Rick knew that Rick had to do something about what Carole did. Either kill her, hand her over to Tyrese or what he chose to do, save her by sending her away.

by Anonymousreply 13511/08/2013

Doctor has the zombie red eyes... Hershel get the hell out of there.

by Anonymousreply 13611/10/2013

I am afraid Hershel is going to die tonight

by Anonymousreply 13711/10/2013

Or will it be Glen?

by Anonymousreply 13811/10/2013

disappointing lack of Daryl so far on tonight's episode

by Anonymousreply 13911/10/2013

Bye Glen?

by Anonymousreply 14011/10/2013

No, Glen survives.

by Anonymousreply 14111/10/2013

Okay, why are the walkers over a few episodes just swarming the fences? At first there were a few but tonight it was in a swarm. Surely a few rats wouldn't do that. I noticed the Governor at the end of the episode so I'm wondering if he's been drawing them to the prison.

by Anonymousreply 14211/10/2013

Dun Dun Dun.... the Governor

by Anonymousreply 14311/10/2013

R104 is right on , read "Day of the Triffids " more than just the opening sequence is an homage..Great read !

by Anonymousreply 14411/10/2013

Two of his soldiers left with him but they saw him shoot the others. He should probably solo.

by Anonymousreply 14611/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 14711/11/2013

That Maggie is getting butcher by the day. I think she is the new Carol.

by Anonymousreply 14811/11/2013

Are Flesh-Eating Zombies the Future of Television?

National Public Radio seems to think so.

by Anonymousreply 14911/11/2013

LOL at r148, I always thought Glen was a bit scared of Maggie kicking his ass

by Anonymousreply 15011/11/2013

Zombies are the new stand in for commies/nazis/aliens/muslim terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 15111/11/2013

Was this Hershel's big episode before they off him?

Never liked the character in the second season, but if they kill him off, I know I'll shed some tears.

by Anonymousreply 15211/11/2013

And did Hershel give up on God in this episode?

by Anonymousreply 15311/11/2013

[quote]overbearing doom and gloom and violence,

What did you expect in a drama set in an apocalypse?

by Anonymousreply 15511/11/2013

Carol will return in the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 15611/11/2013

White guilt?

Fuck off, r154.

by Anonymousreply 15711/11/2013

Hershel gets around good for a peg leg!

by Anonymousreply 15811/11/2013

I noticed that too! I like Hershel. I hope they don't kill him off. They can kill Maggie and Glen instead.

by Anonymousreply 15911/11/2013

I was a little disappointed that one of the main characters didn't die this episode. I love Glen and Hershel, but it seems like one of them, or even Sasha, should have been killed last night. The more they try to protect the main cast, the less exciting the show becomes for me.

by Anonymousreply 16011/11/2013

Sasha I would have had no problem losing, maybe Glen too. But leave my Hershel alone.

by Anonymousreply 16111/11/2013

"Funny, how liberal gays always tend to be racist and not even own u to it."

Funny, how you blame "liberal gays" for what a clearly not liberal racist asshole posts. Agenda much?

Meanwhile, I'm F&Fing all the racist posts on this and other threads.

by Anonymousreply 16211/11/2013

I used to intently watch this show, but this season I find myself having it playing in the background while doing stuff on my iPad. I finally decided to delete my season pass. I can deal with shallow (I'm loving American Horror Story this season) and I can deal with slow pacing (I'm loving Boardwalk Empire this season) but I can't deal with both at the same time. This is like an imitation of a good show. Life's too short.

by Anonymousreply 16411/11/2013

what I don't get is, Michone figured out if cut out their jaws and arms and chain them you can walk among the zombies, that they don't notice you with the pets around...so why not use that tactic now?

by Anonymousreply 16611/11/2013

I missed this last episode and I don't care.

Could be the shark has been jumped.

by Anonymousreply 16711/11/2013

Exactly, R166.

So many great ideas and possibilities, and instead they do... nothing.

When Carol went out to the little creek to clean out the water hose, she set up some kind of perpetual-motion bicycle thing to distract the zombies. Why the hell don't they use that more often?!?

And instead of pushing against the fence to hold off the zombies, why don't they try leading them to another section of fence? Let Hershel's blonde daughter walk along the fence with the yummy tender baby, leading the zombies like the friggin' Pied Piper.

And while yeah, I agree that they really shouldn't throw molotovs at the zombies for fear of lighting the forest on fire, when it's that or be overrun and killed...?

by Anonymousreply 16811/12/2013

Oh, and like Adam Savage said on Talking Dead, why not get some big piece of machinery and dig a trench between the two sets of fences?

Or, hell, just get a bulldozer or road paver and smash those fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 16911/12/2013

Isn't it hypocritical to be racist and gay 154? I thought this was Datalounge....

by Anonymousreply 17011/12/2013

They seem to have plenty of fuel why not douse them in fuel and burn the masses at the fence? They are dead rotting corpses they should burn easily. And it is not like they will run away - they don't feel pain they just head towards you.

The other thing - when Shane was killed and Rick and his son were walking back - there was a massive zombie hoard running after them - what ever happened to the running zombies??

by Anonymousreply 17111/12/2013

I still think they missed a pretty story line last season with that whole tea business. I would have like to have know if the Gov was keeping the citizenry sedated.

by Anonymousreply 17211/12/2013

I have finally caught up with TWD series - watched the entire series in just the last two weeks (whew!). My only wish is for Daryl to have hot, steamy sex with someone - anyone. Even Norman Reedus would like his character to get it on with Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 17311/17/2013

how many more times can i watch zombies getting jabbed in the head? yes please on some squirrel hunter sex R173

by Anonymousreply 17411/17/2013

LOVING this governor episode. humanizes him, but i also think he will do something awful too, just as we start to feel for him.

i can't look at rick or tyrese or any of the prison people another minute, so this is a treat!

by Anonymousreply 17511/17/2013

Is governor going to get his fuck on? I am worried for this family as we know he is a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 17611/17/2013

I am bored to tears with this episode!

Governor is on The Talking Dead too...

by Anonymousreply 17711/17/2013

Great episode. And finally a gay person!

by Anonymousreply 17811/17/2013

I liked the more sympathetic governor, but I guess he's back to his bad old ways next episode.

by Anonymousreply 17911/17/2013

Eh, don't like this governor storyline. This episode is tremendously ho-hum. imho.

by Anonymousreply 18011/17/2013

Governor is kinda sexy on Talking Bad

by Anonymousreply 18111/17/2013

He was on a Dr. Who - the guy who thought he was the doctor. sexier with his english accent.

by Anonymousreply 18211/17/2013

I'm a fan of the show. I've seen shows I really, really liked and few I thought sucked.

This is the first one I thought was just plain boring.

by Anonymousreply 18411/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 18511/17/2013

I prefer character development over zombie killing so I liked this episode. I was tense the whole time worrying he would hurt the family.

by Anonymousreply 18611/17/2013

The Governor with a beard looks like Kris Kristofferson.

by Anonymousreply 18711/18/2013

This whole episode felt rather self-indulgent on the writer's part.

by Anonymousreply 18811/18/2013

I missed the first part,was Talking Dead dedicated to Chris's dad?

by Anonymousreply 18911/18/2013

Yeah, Chris Hardwick said at the end of Talking Dead his Dad, Billy, died suddenly yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 19011/18/2013

Meh, this episode was ok. Kinda dull, but some promising ideas.

I loved that his lieutenants left his psycho ass as soon as they could! First smart thing those assholes did.

by Anonymousreply 19111/18/2013

I'm pretty sure the Governor's getting too attched to the kid, and he's gonna refuse to give her back, resulting in tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 19211/18/2013

We don't know if the sisters survived the walkers. One was hobbling and the other was helping her so there is a good chance they didn't survive. So maybe there won't be any conflict with the governor keeping the little girl.

by Anonymousreply 19311/18/2013

[quote] Eh, don't like this governor storyline. This episode is tremendously ho-hum. imho.

[quote] This whole episode felt rather self-indulgent on the writer's part.

I'd have to agree with this. However, the actor who plays The Governor is fantastic. I found all of his scenes in this one episode, to be far more compelling than all the others combined, since the beginning of the season.

I felt a range of emotions, from suspense, regret, empathy, disgust, fear, humor, and much more, just from his acting. It's weird, but he can act circles around all the others.

I guess the show is going to have different storylines take place at the same time, and at some point have them converge.

I'm guessing Carol will be in the former Woodbury encampment.

[quote] We don't know if the sisters survived the walkers.

The previews showed them both in the next episode, so I guess they survived.

This season is really moving at a snail's pace. That's what happens when you kill off all the main characters on a popular show.

You have to slow it down, in order to retain the familiar characters you DO have. If you kill them off, then you don't have a show.

At this point, the only original cast members are Rick, Carl, Glenn, Daryl, and Carol. Hershel, Maggie, and her sister are from season two, so they're "veteran" enough.

I think the producers know that you can't get rid of these people, or there won't BE a show.

by Anonymousreply 19411/18/2013

[quote] He was on a Dr. Who - the guy who thought he was the doctor. sexier with his english accent.

That was the Governor? I had no idea, definitely going to have to go back and rewatch. That was both a fun & sad episode.

Also, I rather liked this episode. It was a nice change of pace. Apparently they always planned to do stand alone episodes like the story of the guy who ended up in the tank with Rick in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 19511/18/2013

I kept waiting for him to go nuts and kill everyone.

by Anonymousreply 19611/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 19811/18/2013

What they should have done is stay in the apartment. Have the Governor and sister go through the building and kill all the walkers, and then dump their bodies outside.

After unloading that truck in the apartment building, demolish the stairs on the first floor.

They could grow veggies on the roof and put out buckets for rain water.

by Anonymousreply 19911/18/2013

Same here, r186. I liked this episode. The Governor has done some fucked up things but I still like him better than self-righteous Rick at times. The ending of this episode was brilliant. In the preview for next week it looks like Martinez lets him and the new "family' stay. He says he's in charge and everybody pulls their weight. One of the sisters is a nurse and the other has Police Academy training so they are assets. And we all know how well Philip is at multi-tasking. I wonder if the big shocker is that Carol is now at Martinez' camp and doesn't know who Philip is and Martinez goes along with keeping the Gov's secret. To be honest, I was glad to get away from the doom and gloom of the flu story line at the prison. I wasn't bored in the least by this episode. Morrissey is a charismatic guy.

by Anonymousreply 20011/18/2013

I wanted to add that he has a great sense of humor, too. He said that he's happy when the fans come up to him and tell him how much they "hate" him. He tells them "thank you very much". He loves being on the show and glad that the fans are at least invested in the character enough to hate him. Like r194 said, Morrisey acts circles around most of the regular cast.

by Anonymousreply 20111/18/2013

TV Guide interview with the Gov

by Anonymousreply 20211/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 20311/18/2013

Another episode that I can miss. Just reading the recaps to stay up on the storyline.

by Anonymousreply 20411/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 20511/18/2013

They should just get on an abandoned cruise ship and stay in the middle of the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 20611/18/2013

Again another episode that makes no sense. The sister and girl are safe where they are - have survived for months (we know it has been at least a year since the out break because look how old lil ass kicker is and she was conceived and born after the zombies.) yet they decide it is time to leave rather than stay where they have been safe for a year....

by Anonymousreply 20711/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 20811/18/2013

As I said in an earlier post, picking up on R207 point. All they would have to do is demolish the stairs on the first floor. And they would be safe.

They have the roof to grow veggies and place buckets to collect rainwater for water.

They have a whole warehouse full of food to last them a decade or longer.

No reason for them to leave.

by Anonymousreply 20911/18/2013

I think Morrisey is sexy as hell. He played Col. Brandon in a British tv production of Sense and Sensibility. He looks great in period clothing. The whole time Marianne Dashwood was ignoring him for the loser I was thinking "you stupid bitch, you got a man like that who wants you and you go for some little, punk shithead."

by Anonymousreply 21011/18/2013

[quote] I think Morrisey is sexy as hell.

Go download Basic Instinct 2

by Anonymousreply 21111/18/2013

Yay or nay on the sexy, r211?

by Anonymousreply 21211/18/2013

YAY ALL THE WAY R212

He worked out like a madman to prepare for the explicit sex scenes with Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 21311/18/2013

Funny...people complaining that a series about a zombie apocolypse is too dark and depressing. What were you expecting, showgirls??

And yes, vote "sexy" for the gov'nah.

by Anonymousreply 21411/18/2013

I Vote no on leaving the apartment.

Where are they going?

The prison?

Also, I'm glad to see lesbian younguns retain the power to annoy.

Power bump? Geez.

by Anonymousreply 21511/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 21611/18/2013

[quote] David Morrissey is in fantastic shape for an older guy.

If you download Basic Instinct 2, you'll see just how great in shape he is.

by Anonymousreply 21711/18/2013

I hope I'm wrong, but I wonder if the Gov will take the survivors to the prison and ask Rick to thak them in?

Of course, Rick will!

by Anonymousreply 21811/18/2013

OMG! This show is just too depressing. I get it. it's the zombie apocalypse but does it always have to be so dark? So repetitive?

Like Glee. I't s always about singing! Ugh, I get it, why do they have to shove it down my throat every damn episode? Same with regular music, why someone gotta be singing the whole time? I'm too hip for music must be...

Can't even watch porn either! That's always the same too. I get it, you like to fuck but do yo have to shove it my face every two seconds? And the porn industry is shady and USES their models! They're all horrible beings and I am better than they are! Now let me go watch and support more porn! How else am I suppose to throw a fit about it?!

Life is so tough.

R207, you're wrong. They followed him because TWD writers don't like women, so they're always dependent of men. The mother is in lust, the sister thinks of him as a cool bro and is useless even though she first came off as tough. With their father dead, it made sense these sheltered women needed a new man to guide them. And Phillip makes a much better alpha male than a man in a wheel chair.

Still, I get it, the show is full of plotholes. It's not a smart show like Breaking Bad, but it is a fun fantasy one that delivers to those who like watching spooky, depressing, dark things. And what you say it's depressing, but I say it's positive cause despite all the death and sadness, I still see lots of beauty in some scenes. That to me says that life is tough, but still worth it. Maybe if you weren't so negative yourselves, you'd see that.

And please do stop the bitching. I don't like musicals so I don't like Glee. The fact I don't like Glee means I don't know anything about it. I have never been to a Glee message board complaining about how much I dislike musicals. It's no the slightest bit difficult. Really.

by Anonymousreply 21911/18/2013

r203, I would like that too

by Anonymousreply 22111/18/2013

Oh please R219. I love the zombie genre and I think WWD has become awful, redundant, and stupid. I can take depressing, but not stupid.

[quote]And personally, I would've hauled ass to a barrier island instead of staying on the mainland.

Have you ever seen the remake of Dawn of the Dead? That didn't work out too well for those survivors - see below.

by Anonymousreply 22211/18/2013

That would be nice R203. Maybe we even get to see some of the now dead castmembers.

by Anonymousreply 22311/18/2013

No more kids please. First stupid Carl and then the annoying Lizzie. Now they foist another snotnosed brat on us. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 22411/18/2013

If you were a decent looking alpha male in the ZA who could protect and provide, you'd have the women hanging off you. So many women who would want to hook up with you to have you take care of them.

by Anonymousreply 22511/18/2013

I like Meaghan. She's no dummy. And she's a lot cuter than Lizzie and fairly normal considering the circumstances. She can stay.

by Anonymousreply 22611/18/2013

Daryl and Rick are sexy alpha males. How come we never see any women hanging off them?

by Anonymousreply 22711/18/2013

Rick was married and Daryl extremely detached from women. Look at Shane, first Lori and then Andrea gave him a spin.

by Anonymousreply 22811/18/2013

Lori's been dead for months and Rick stopped fucking her after he found out about Shane. He's got to be horny as hell by now.

by Anonymousreply 22911/18/2013

I swear I watched a video game last night.

- Shows up; gets massive info dump by sitting next to people

- Gets sent on quests where he finds random objects

- Leaves on mission where he must protect one person

And it was about as fun as sitting and watching someone else play a video game.

by Anonymousreply 23011/18/2013

[quote]Why wouldn't the prison folks have taken over Woodbury or some other small down and begun making a life?

Well, two things: The prison was perceived as a lot safer and easier to defend, and The Governor burned down Woodbury.

by Anonymousreply 23111/18/2013

I would be glad to satisfy Rick's needs, after he took a good shower first though.

by Anonymousreply 23211/18/2013

God help me, I found the Governor sexy when he was getting it on with that chick.

Does anybody else hear Conan saying "Hello Governor" in a bad British accent?

by Anonymousreply 23311/18/2013

[quote]In Walking Dead world, all ladies want cock!

The male writers thought when they showed Andrea in a thong we would cheer. Instead we jeered. They are clueless.

by Anonymousreply 23511/18/2013

R219 isn't nearly as clever as she thinks she is.

by Anonymousreply 23611/19/2013

[quote]Don't you get it, Mary? THE LADY WANTS COCK! Andrea wanted cock! Lori wanted cock!

Yeah, and look where that got them.

by Anonymousreply 23711/19/2013

Sunday night's episode was the worst one ever. I love Walking Dead, but that episode ate bad cooch.

by Anonymousreply 23811/19/2013

[quote]I swear I watched a video game last night.

Bingo! Brilliantly put. This show is a video game and the fans flock to it for the same reasons.

The plots are (perhaps necessarily) repetitive and numbing. And all this talk about "character development" is just blather. There isn't an ounce of content on this show beyond skulls going *squish*. Quiet, actory moments and desaturated cinematography just make people think they're watching something with depth; it justifies their bloodlust. It makes themselves feel good about watching dozens of heads explode every Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 23911/20/2013

Sad about Chris Harwick's dad.

by Anonymousreply 24011/20/2013

Strange that on TD, seconds before Chris Hardwick announced his dad's death, he said that his mom would totally do the actor playing the Governor.

by Anonymousreply 24111/20/2013

Please tell me you're joking R241.

R200 I think you're on to something. I forgot that Carol has never actually seen the Governor, only except MAYBE to know via Michonne that he's missing an eye. Likewise the Governor wouldn't know that Carol is from the prison group, and that's not something she's going to share with her new companions (I.e. that she was kicked out). Like the Governor, she'll create a fake backstory for herself.

What would be really interesting to watch is Carol and the Governor forming a kinship, with shared ideas for leading the community, and raising the young survivors.

by Anonymousreply 24211/20/2013

Was that last episode about the Gov. set after Woodbury? For some reason, when I watched it, I thought it was going back in time to before he became the Gov.

by Anonymousreply 24311/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 24411/20/2013

they're still so very soft at the prison. they should be all sparta-like.

by Anonymousreply 24511/20/2013

[quote]What they should have done is stay in the apartment. Have the Governor and sister go through the building and kill all the walkers, and then dump their bodies outside. THIS. For fuck's sake. For all the Gov has seen — he should know that three people and a kid on the ROAD is insane. Why didn't he talk her out of it. Why didn't he understand the value of a safe haven? He's seen the hoards. He knows how hard it is to find supplies, food, basic health aids. And surprise surprise, a twisted ankle at just the right time sends them off on the edge.

[quote]One of the sisters is a nurse and the other has Police Academy training so they are assets.

Didn't she lie about the police academy?

[quote]They have the roof to grow veggies and place buckets to collect rainwater for water.They have a whole warehouse full of food to last them a decade or longer.

This is a good idea, only the roof may not be made to hold that much weight. And storing food is an art in itself. This is another aspect of the show where the time seems way off. HOW LONG has it been exactly?

You're telling me four people survived the whole time on ONE Truck of food???

Hasn't it been long enough that people would begin to think of and research larger survival issues? If you didn't know anything about storing food — wouldn't you be trying to figure it out- find a book on it, find jars, canning supplies, etc? This whole show we've seen people lost LIVEs over a bag of GUNS. Whereas I'd be searching the other apartments for books on [italic]urban gardening[/italic] and [italic]canning. [/italic]

The show's biggest flaw essentially lies in it's machismo. It stretches belief because It's not realistic to assume that surviving the end of the world comes down to Alpha Male power only. It's all about Guns, Kill or be killed, and how FAR you can get in a car. In reality people survived using their brains, agriculture had to happen, food storage had to happen, and they NEEDED a community or real people to get things done.

Woodbury was an established community. They had some kind of food system, you can't tell me it was all live stock. So the Governor would know this shit. His taking off into the wilderness with a family didn't make any god damn sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 24611/20/2013

R246, all good points and common sense stuff that bothers even a fanboy like me.

Speaking of machismo. How about the Governor killing three zombies with his BARE HANDS in a confined space (the pit dug by Martinez's new gang) with a screaming child in jeopardy only a few feet away?

by Anonymousreply 24711/20/2013

SOOOOOooo..... Is this the same Governor — who by all accounts was a VIOLENT, SADISTIC & MAD as a hatter FUCK NUT who tortured people, used walkers for sport and left Andrea in a room with a walker last season.

The idea of this guy some kind of redemption tour: cleaning himself up, meeting and helping a family that happened to be very similar to his own and then taking the family with him seemed soooo ludicrous I had really hoped it was just one very extended delusion.

The only way this whole scenario isn't totally a left turn from where he's been is if the next episode opens up from Martinez's POV and the Governor is holding a baby doll and not a real girl.

by Anonymousreply 24811/20/2013

I think the Governor is really after that little girl. When the walkers were chasing them,he picked her up and left the others in his dust. She's a replacement for his zombie daughter.

by Anonymousreply 24911/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 25011/20/2013

How can you all talk about this show stretching belief with the characters actions but accept zombies as plausible? It seems to me, if we're willing to pretend zombies can exist, we can pretend that it's time to abandon a house or that somebody doesn't want to bother with gardening.

by Anonymousreply 25111/20/2013

good point r251

by Anonymousreply 25211/20/2013

This episode was somewhat inspired by an incident in The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor, which is a non-graphic novel prequel telling the story of how The Governor came to be.

I'm curious if they are going to somewhat follow that plot in order to make him even more of a monster, maybe with Carol becoming his Lady Macbeth.

by Anonymousreply 25311/20/2013

r251, we'd have to pretend that somebody DOES care about gardening because all the lawns are mowed.

by Anonymousreply 25411/20/2013

[quote]if they follow the comic - carol goes bat shit crazy.

In the comic the Gov tortured people for sport.

by Anonymousreply 25511/20/2013

I agree with you R248, but the adventures of the Governor are more interesting than anything Rick, prison leader.

by Anonymousreply 25611/20/2013

There's no practical way to dress every location with overgrown grass. Suspension of disbelief, people.

by Anonymousreply 25711/20/2013

Thank you Gale Ann at r257.

by Anonymousreply 25811/20/2013

The baby dyke sister lied about being a Cop, r246. She fessed up that she was still in the Academy. I'll assume she's had some training including the use of firearms and hand to hand combat and tactical policing so she has some skills and is more than willing to take orders and be a soldier. An asset. Although, it defies belief that neither one of the sisters could/would figure out that shooting the walkers in the head would put them down for good. I guess the P.A. sister took some shots from a distance and when they kept coming she closed the door and hauled ass back to the sanctuary of their apartment. I wonder if "Brian" did a sweep of the building and took out the walkers for them? He seemed to be with them for a few months. Long enough to get his sexy back:)

by Anonymousreply 25911/20/2013

In New York City, policy students at the academy are called Recruit Officers and get the police salary, so I guess they are cops even before they are sworn in.

by Anonymousreply 26011/20/2013

Baby dyke sister seems more like a female Barney Fyffe type to me. A braggart who gets weak in the knees when it comes time to put up or shut up. All hat and no cattle, as they say. Also, she doesn't have much common sense. Hell, she was willing to give the Gov back his gun after knowing him for about a cuppa coffee. It was Nursie, the older sister, who took the gun back and just gave him back his holster. So Baby Dyke, sprained ankle and all, doesn't seem like much of an asset to me.

Needy Nursie, goes after Governor dick after only a few days. Make of that what you will since the actor *is* pretty hot, but it's probably not a good idea if you've got a kid and survival should be your main priority.

Oh, and the kid. Mark my words. ANOTHER little girl in distress. Lord, do the writers watch Fox News or something??? Hope the little girl gets "Michonned" soon and the Gov sees it. That'll drive him batshit, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 26111/20/2013

Walking Dead is on the verge of jumping the shark this season. We know it's been at least a year since the outbreak (Andrea was with Michonne for several months). Those veggies in the prison yard are at least 2 to 3 mnths old. By now survivor towns and complexes would have been established all over. At least one horde would've passed by the prison - don't you think? The girls with their dad last night were too unbelievable. The timing doesn't match up!!! Sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 26211/20/2013

And why don't they show the corpses piling up outside the fence? It must stink like hell by now. Plus, the walkers eventually wouldn't be able to get that close to the fence anymore once the bodies start piling up.

by Anonymousreply 26311/20/2013

You sound just like Daryl, r261.

by Anonymousreply 26411/20/2013

Geez people, it's about zombies, why are you expecting it to be perfectly believable? It's a lot more enjoyable if you take that into account.

by Anonymousreply 26511/20/2013

I don't buy the cop-out "geez, it's about zombies." Just because the show has a fantasy premise, doesn't mean it shouldn't have its feet held to the fire from time to time over stuff that just doesn't add up, doesn't make any sense.

On the other hand, there are those that go too far and pick, pick, pick which takes all the fun out of it. Some people are just too anal.

I was reading the comments section on an article about "Sleepy Hollow" and the poster wrote that the type of hawk that lands on the Welcome to Sleepy Hollow, NY sign in the opening credits doesn't live in New York State--only in North Carolina where the series is filmed.

Now THAT'S a real freak!

So I think you can enjoy the show, yet still criticize it. And some people over-scrutinize it, and that's OTT because it's just a silly TV show.

by Anonymousreply 26611/20/2013

Maybe the grass didn't grow because it doesn't rain anymore due to climate change.

by Anonymousreply 26711/20/2013

I suspect the lesbian zombies are doing the gardening.

by Anonymousreply 26811/20/2013

Actually, grass should grow, with all the compost from dead bodies.

by Anonymousreply 26911/20/2013

You people bitching about the rest of us bitching sound like asspies!

I have no problem with several acts of suspension of disbelief, particularly the nicely-mowed lawns [although you'd think set dressers could work on that! Hell, just arrange for one block in whatever town they usually film in to let their lawns grow over for the two months it takes to film! People will do anything for money, why not that?] and, of course, the existence of zombies [excuse me, walkers/biters/chompers].

But when the show gets completely illogical and stupid [such as Govvy and the broads leaving their nice safe home, or Andrea not moving to free herself until after Milton turns zombie, or the characters all driving fucking stupid small cars instead of trucks and SUVs], it gets annoying!

There's suspension of disbelief, and then there's just plain old crappy storytelling. They are separate things, and it's a shame you can't understand that.

by Anonymousreply 27011/20/2013

Gas also goes bad. After a year of sitting around, it won't run an engine. It's volatile.

So at some point REALLY soon they're going to have to stop with the cars.

by Anonymousreply 27111/20/2013

The thing that suspends belief for me was the woman getting it on with the Guv'ner while her daughter and sister lie inches away... I know cock is hard to come by in the ZA but c'mon.

by Anonymousreply 27211/20/2013

[quote] if they follow the comic - carol goes bat shit crazy.

[quote] in the comic the Gov tortured people for sport.

This is the problem with the show. They're not taking it far enough. The show is basically life in OUR society, with a few zombies thrown in.

The producers are holding back. If you're going to make a show like The Walking Dead, then you really have to go BALLS TO THE WALL. Make it a positively terrifying experience for the viewer.

Like Cape Fear, Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Shining, all on crack!

Why does everything on this stupid show have to be about redemption?? Why can't it just be all terror, all fear, all craziness, all the time? Isn't that what a zombie apocalypse would REALLY feel like? As if something terrifying was always lurking around the corner? The show has become too tame.

If Carol becomes crazy, then make her REALLY crazy. If the Governor is a psycho sadist, then go all the fucking way! If Carl is a hardened cut-throat child growing up in the ZA, then make him as hard core as possible!

This show could be so great, but now it just sucks ass.

by Anonymousreply 27311/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 27411/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 27511/21/2013

And shouldn't there be grass growing the in the sidewalk and pavement cracks? (It grows on my lawn like crazy if I don't regularly pull it out .)

by Anonymousreply 27611/21/2013

R273 is spot on!!

by Anonymousreply 27711/21/2013

"Asspie"?

by Anonymousreply 27811/21/2013

The showrunner from Walking Dead's great first season has new show premiering on TNT in a few weeks.

Hopefully, that network will give him the budget he needs and lets him tell the story his way, unlike AMC.

A lot of Walking Dead's current problems is that AMC cut the show's budget to the core, so they only really have money for zombie makeup and some CGI. That's the only thing they think the audience cares about.

They know the show will never win many Emmys, so they might as well fill the time slot with as many commericals as they can cram in and make as much money as they can off the show for as long as possible.

Unmowed lawns are no concern.

by Anonymousreply 27911/21/2013

>>That's the only thing they think the audience cares about.

Maybe they're right -- the ratings have never been higher.

by Anonymousreply 28011/21/2013

[quote]I can take suspension of disbelief over some things, but all the mowed lawns after all this time really is a glaring oversight.

They shoot on location. They don't own the locations they shoot. They can dress locations to look how they want for the day, but they can't keep them that way all year. Growing out grass is impossible in that scenario.

by Anonymousreply 28111/21/2013

Jesus Christ, making fake grass is not that hard. One acre of fake grass would cost them a few thousand bucks, tops. They could re-use it shot for shot all season long and you'd never know.

If they cared about this, it's perfectly achievable. They clearly don't think it matters. And they may be right.

by Anonymousreply 28211/21/2013

Thanks R282, I don't even care about the fucking grass, but obviously production design is supposed to be a big deal on most productions. However, if the show runners/network doesn't care, then there's nothing to do.

by Anonymousreply 28311/21/2013

Fuck the Governor! I don't care about him, he's the damn villain. Why haven't we gotten to see Michonne's backstory yet? The origin of her zombie "pets" is one of the best parts of the graphic novel.

by Anonymousreply 28611/22/2013

With only 2 episodes left, I don't think we will see Carol until the new year.

by Anonymousreply 28811/22/2013

Agree with 286. Interesting storylines are disregarding for much boring ones, like these asshats the governor latched on to.

by Anonymousreply 28911/22/2013

I hope the 3 females the Governor picked up he loses soon. But I am afraid he will be dragging that annoying kid around as now he will probably get obsessed with her.

by Anonymousreply 29011/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 29111/22/2013

Everyone knows that gardening is what lesbians do when they can't find a KFC. I am just so happy Carol is do lawn care instead of eating grease.

by Anonymousreply 29211/22/2013

I really liked when they went to the CDC. I don't want a bunch of new characters introduced but am interested what is going on in the rest of the world after the ZA.

by Anonymousreply 29311/22/2013

Are they ever going to follow up on that radio broadcast Darryl and his posse heard when they were out on the road?

by Anonymousreply 29411/23/2013

Good point R294.

by Anonymousreply 29511/23/2013

[quote]Are they ever going to follow up on that radio broadcast Darryl and his posse heard when they were out on the road?

As I understand it, they're going to save that for season twelve.

Next season, they're all going to be holed up at a mega mall where there'll be conflict within the group leading to betrayals and questions of morality. The season after that, they'll be holed up in a hospital where there'll be conflict within the group leading to betrayals and questions of morality. The season after that, they'll be holed up on an aircraft carrier where there'll be conflict within the group leading to betrayals and questions of morality. The season after that they'll be holed up in a strip mall dance academy where there'll be conflict within the group leading to betrayals and questions of morality. The season after that...

by Anonymousreply 29611/23/2013

Well, this week is a little better than last week's show. Still a lot of people that I don't care about, but there is more action.

by Anonymousreply 29711/24/2013

Can't believe they killed off the cute brother who was nice (dammit).

He looked a little like Enver Gjokaj (Victor from "DollHouse")... like maybe his older brother. I did check, and it wasn't him.

by Anonymousreply 29811/24/2013

That moment when she's pulling on the biter's leg and his rotting flesh just strips off was literally the grossest thing they've ever done on this show.

by Anonymousreply 29911/24/2013

That was indeed Gjokaj, R298 -- check his IMDB page:

by Anonymousreply 30011/25/2013

There is a new lesbian coupling on the show.

Think Carol will join their tribe to make it a threesome?

by Anonymousreply 30111/25/2013

Weird, R300... I checked right before I posted and it wasn't listed. It must have updated just recently. Huh. ]

by Anonymousreply 30211/25/2013

I was confused after the scene where the governor and the women were running from the camp and encountered the walkers stuck in the mud. The very next scene show them right back in camp - it was jarring. It wasn't made clear that they drove off in the middle of the night, then returned and no one questioned them.

by Anonymousreply 30311/25/2013

There were a lot of questions in that camp. Like how he could beat the snot out of the guy with a golf club and no one was around, yet when they were running away and fell in the pit everyone was around. They are spending too much time on the Governor, who was killed in the Woodbury assault in the comic. They should have done a two episode back story on Michonne like the other poster said.

by Anonymousreply 30411/25/2013

I think Herschel is gone next week, bitches.

:(

by Anonymousreply 30511/25/2013

So for those who complain we have no gay people on the show, we now have a lesbian couple.

by Anonymousreply 30611/25/2013

I wondered about the pit of walkers. So they are stuck in quicksand? So why go back to the camp because of that?

Did the Gov remember hw overwhelming the odds were?

by Anonymousreply 30711/25/2013

Interesting article: Seven lingering questions about "The Walking Dead"

by Anonymousreply 30811/25/2013

R303 R307 I didn't get the part about the walkers in the quicksand either! That day the Gov's telling the new family it's urgent and they've got to get out of the camp. That night they're on the road and encounter a bunch of walkers stuck in quicksand.

Then, boom, it's the next morning and the Gov and family are back in the camp and he's plotting world domination.

And while I'm at it, why (knowing what Martinez knew about the Gov) did he let him back in the camp at all?

And why after the Gov told Mitch he killed his brother Pete, did Pete just sort of accept it?

And boy do those young women in the Gov's new family have strong sex drives. Lily is getting Gov dick a few days after meeting him and Baby Dyke Tara has already snatched up some snatch at the new camp. Maybe the little girl Meghan will put the moves on Killer Carl at the prison.

by Anonymousreply 30911/25/2013

I wasn't watching closely, but were the pit of zombies in the middle of the road and he didn't want to drive over them for fear of his car getting trapped in the muck and mire? And so he turned back?

by Anonymousreply 31011/25/2013

I think it was a metaphor. His impulse was to hit the road. He did, and was reminded of the horrors that await. That turned him to seek safety, the safety of walls, like the prison.

by Anonymousreply 31111/25/2013

Yes R310. It's the "and so he turned back" part that bothered me. No attempt to find *another* route? No attempt to, uhm, drive *around* the quicksand?

Just, oh, ok, let's just go back to the camp after he spent the day putting his family on high alert to get out.

by Anonymousreply 31211/25/2013

Another example where the audience is forced to create justifications and excuses for what it sees on the screen, such as why haven't the corpses of the dead walkers piled up along the fences? Oh, yeah, they bury them but no need to show it or even mention it.

by Anonymousreply 31311/25/2013

Or what it DOESN'T see on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 31411/25/2013

It wasn't masterful storytelling, but I think that's what the intent was.

by Anonymousreply 31511/25/2013

It's ART. It doesn't have to make sense. And you're all fools for questioning it.

by Anonymousreply 31611/25/2013

It is a plot-driven vehicle and so its plot had better stand up to some scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 31711/25/2013

If the flesh was so rotten that simply pulling on it caused it to strip off the bone... then how can the zombies move at all? The muscle wouldn't be able to move the bones without shredding itself...

by Anonymousreply 31811/25/2013

Love those questions R308. Good article.

by Anonymousreply 31911/25/2013

The lesbian courtship cracked me up. Gun talk...yep, That's how I've formed all my long-term relationships.

At any rate, the younger sister is dumb as a box of hammers. Hope her girlfriend has some more smarts.

by Anonymousreply 32011/25/2013

The Governor didn't even stop Pete from turning. What a dick.

by Anonymousreply 32111/25/2013

Pete is his trophy. Just like the heads in the fishtanks. Gov is still one sick fucker. He ain't changed. I fear for Lilly and her sister. They are collateral damage if they get in the way of the Gov keeping his surrogate daughter "safe". The poster who said the baby dyke sister is a bullshitter and totally useless was right. She still doesn't know to shoot a walker in the head or at least find something to shove in it's skull? And the rotting leg flesh coming off in her hands was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 32211/25/2013

Was this episode a flashback? In the opening scene,Meghan and the Gov are alone. Did he kill everybody in the camp?

by Anonymousreply 32311/25/2013

The two episodes are confusing in terms of time lines. In the preview for next week Brian is trying to rally the troops for another assault on the prison. When he 86'd Martinez with the golf club there was no one else around. Maybe the Governor and his little family prefer to be off by themselves. After Martinez is found in the pit the group circles the wagons and sets up quards around the perimeter. Have to wonder why they didn't do that to begin with. It looked like Lilly and Martinez were having a flirtatious moment and he seemed to really like Megan. Part of the Gov's motivation for killing him may have been jealousy rather than just seeing an inherent weakness that put them all in jeopardy. Someone on another site thinks the Gov is going to take the shot at Michonne and hit Hershel instead. And was the Gov the one feeding the walkers the rats to weaken the fence and perhaps have the walkers do all the work taking out the prison group? So many questions, only one episode left till the break!

by Anonymousreply 32411/25/2013

If the dialogue and themes weren't so hit over the head obvious, the ratings wouldn't be nearly as good!

by Anonymousreply 32511/25/2013

The most evil thing the Governor has ever done is kill Enver Gjokaj. That guy is HOT.

by Anonymousreply 32611/25/2013

Envar Gjokaj is also a fine actor. I'm sorry he wasn't around longer.

I think the rats are being fed to the walkers from somebody inside the prison.

by Anonymousreply 32711/25/2013

Victor from Dollhouse is dreamy....

by Anonymousreply 32811/25/2013

I think the Governor knew he couldn't make it alone taking care of the women so he turned back. He always had his minions do most of the dirty work at Woodbury.

The girl fucking him I hope finds out all about what a psycho he is. She is putting her kid at risk for some cock.

by Anonymousreply 32911/25/2013

The last two episode have been the worst in the entire series. I have been a huge fan since day one, but these last two have bored me to tears. This season has moved along so slowly. I have been a tad disappointed. I still love the show but it has not been as compelling this year.

by Anonymousreply 33011/25/2013

[quote]If the flesh was so rotten that simply pulling on it caused it to strip off the bone... then how can the zombies move at all? The muscle wouldn't be able to move the bones without shredding itself...

That's starting to bug me. One of the walkers at the abandoned house seemed to have all the strength of a living person when he tried to get at one of the guys by pushing at a door. Decomposition has to figure into what the walkers are capable of doing.

by Anonymousreply 33111/25/2013

Yes this season has been kind of boring, plot-wise. Here's a quote from that article R308 posted.

2. Is this season building toward anything in particular? In previous years, there seemed to be bigger goals: Get to the CDC, get off the farm, get to the prison. (Was it a little boring? Oh God, yes.) But this season doesn't seem to have a propulsive goal, any one purpose in particular. That's not a bad thing, per se — we're running out of interesting zombie problems the characters can encounter on the highway — but it has made this season feel sort of static. Can't we have character depth and narrative motion happening simultaneously? Perhaps we've been moving toward a face-off between the Governor and Rick's camp, but that was also the climax of last season. And it was only sort of interesting then.

by Anonymousreply 33211/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 33311/26/2013

They were much safer in that apartment than the camp.

Maybe they left because they were BORED out of their minds being only 3, then 4 people.

by Anonymousreply 33411/26/2013

After watching the last 2 episodes, I can sympathize with them being bored out of their minds.

The last part of the episode was confusing with them suddenly back in the camp, but by that point I was FFing and really didn't care enough to rewind.

The show is basically back where the audience thought it was 3 weeks ago, with the crazy Governor wanting to destroy the prison.

by Anonymousreply 33511/26/2013

But they were much safer in the apartment building.

I don't understand why they don't go back, take the group with them, and just demolish the stairs on the first floor?

by Anonymousreply 33611/26/2013

296 hit the nail on the head - who could be bothered with all this drama with a zombie apocolypse going on?? I'd be more concerned with travel, connecting with other more sane people, military, ANYBODY who has more info on what the hell is going on in the world. Like that voice over the radio. You would think these things would take priority in the plot instead of a cat fight between two protagonists.

Really, so many more plot lines just left dangling and underdeveloped that would make the show remotely interesting at this point.

by Anonymousreply 33711/26/2013

Norman Reedus was supposed to be on the View today. Did anyone see it?

by Anonymousreply 33811/26/2013

R336, I thought much the same. By all appearances walkers can't climb at all. You'd need to make somewhat dangerous supply runs every now and then, but really almost any second or third floor would be safe from walkers. I'd be a lot more worried about people. People will fuck you up and take your shit.

by Anonymousreply 33911/26/2013

I said this in an earlier post, but they had SO MUCH FOOD in that truck to last them at least ten years.

They could have grown veggies on the roof, and kept buckets out to capture rainwater.

Made no sense for them to leave. My only thought was that they were BORED out of their minds, and ready to risk their life to be with other people.

by Anonymousreply 34011/26/2013

Let's face it. Both of the young women in the Gov's new family are pretty stupid. So stupid, in fact, that for all the time the ZA has been going on they were never able to figure out how to kill a zombie on their own. That's pretty goddamn dumb. Despite having backstories of being a nurse and police cadet, these two idiots have been unable to kill even one fucking zombie or fortify their apt and have been content to sit around and eat Spaghetti-Ohs all day.

So I'm not surprised these two morons do stuff that doesn't make any sense. To the extent they think at all, it's with their cooters. Nursie's fucking the Gov and her Barney Fyfee Baby Dyke sister is now doing the chick she met at Martinez's camp. So that's why they left. They're a coupla nymphos.

by Anonymousreply 34111/26/2013

I don't mind the sisters. They've been sheltered all this time and don't have a clue about the outside world. It's not fair to judge them just because we the viewers know all the shit that's gone down.

by Anonymousreply 34211/26/2013

I wouldn't call one being an oncology nurse and the other training to be a police officer "sheltered" R342.

Plus, the older one, the nurse has a kid with a deadbeat dad, so she's had some experience out in the world.

by Anonymousreply 34311/26/2013

Well I mean they've been literally sheltered in their apartment building from the zombie apocalypse as far as we can tell.

But in any case, I'm sure they won't be around too long. We know what happens to women who pursue sex on this show.

by Anonymousreply 34411/26/2013

Philip, Lilly, Megan and Baby Dyke couldn't have gotten far on foot after having to abandon the truck and running into Martinez and his men. Why doesn't Brian try to retrace his steps and find the truck with the food instead of wandering around catching squirrels with the other men? Or like a previous poster said why not take them back to the apartment house and see if it can be fortified and used as a base. They can use the Rv's to block off the street. And post armed guards on the roofs. The Gov and Martinez know how to secure an area. This wandering the wasteland looking for grubs makes no sense. Is it because that would be too much like Woodbury and cause Phil all kinds of PTSD and the fear of losing control? He went there anyway. The current showrunners only want you to sit there and ooh and ahh at the Zombie make-up and the clever ways they think up to kill a Walker and lust after Daryl. That's it. Don't think. Don't question. Don't bitch.

by Anonymousreply 34511/26/2013

Another reason to hate Tara, besides the stupidity of the character: the actress is Alanna Masterson, sister to Danny and Chris and another Scientologist. Ugh. Surprised she's playing a gay character. Then again, Prepon plays gay on OITNB. Seems hypocritical to make money playing an orientation you deeply despise and malign in real life.

by Anonymousreply 34611/27/2013

Actually, I liked this season until The Governor came back. Since then... boring-city.

by Anonymousreply 34711/27/2013

I'm thinking the dykes are gonna bite it on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 34811/27/2013

This show used to be one of my faves. Now I force myself to watch it. Too much t...a...l...k...I...n...g.

Deal with it Rick. You have to kill zombies and weak people. Why haven't you learned that lesson after four seasons you idiot. We have.

by Anonymousreply 34911/27/2013

Did anyone recognize the actor playing Mitch? His name is Kirk Acevedo and he played Alvarez on the show Oz.

by Anonymousreply 35011/28/2013

[quote] I can take suspension of disbelief over some things, but all the mowed lawns after all this time really is a glaring oversight.

The glaring oversight in these past two episodes (for me) hasn't been the manicured lawns. It's been the question of why the fuck isn't the "bleeding eye flu" hitting Martinez' group???

The people at the prison are dropping like flies, while at the same time, Martinez and his people are hitting golf balls and drinking beer. Seriously, WTF????

The season started off with the prison in dire straits, with the new plague attacking the survivors, and yet you have another groupm, just miles away, with not even ONE of their people suffering from the illness?

I'm sorry, but Walking Dead has simply become ridiculous in its storytelling. So many plotholes, that the show is filling with water and sinking fast.

Just like "Lost" on ABC, once you lose the core of loyal viewers, nobody will care anymore.

"Lost" totally insulted its fanbase by letting the story meander into non-sensical directions, and Walking Dead is doing the same thing. Based on how "Lost" ended, tying up loose ends with stupid resolutions, I'm guessing that Walking Dead has a few seasons left, with an ultimately unsatisfying conclusion.

As terrible as Season 2 was, it ended the mid-season with a BANG, and came back and finished strong.

This season has bored me to tears. They can make the argument that the show is trying to tell a story, but I have learned NOTHING new about any of the characters, in the two months that the show has been back. NOTHING.

[quote] I'd be more concerned with travel, connecting with other more sane people, military, ANYBODY who has more info on what the hell is going on in the world. Like that voice over the radio. You would think these things would take priority in the plot instead of a cat fight between two protagonists.

THANK YOU! The story has become too specific.

The writers need to take a more generalist approach, like in the first couple of seasons.

Season one was fast-paced, with the introduction of new scenery and new characters, peppered throughout the season.

Season two got bogged down on the farm. Seasons three and four got bogged down in the prison.

GET THEM THE FUCK OUT OF THE PRISON!

I am THISCLOSE to giving up on the show. It simply doesn't interest me any more.

I mean, really. How much more brooding can we take from Rick? Or yoda-isms from Herschel? Or chivalry from Glenn? It's TIRED.

by Anonymousreply 35111/30/2013

I agree with everything you say, R351, except the comparison to LOST. At its considerable worst, LOST still ran circles around this silly comic-book-by-way-of-video-game shite.

There are better ways to spend an hour on Sunday nights. I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 35211/30/2013

Watch Homeland instead. It's more fun to hate-watch. It's silly and unbelievable but it least it has action. The Walking Dead is just people arguing, and sometime zombies show up.

by Anonymousreply 35311/30/2013

The worse this show gets, the higher the ratings. This season has been the highest rated yet.

by Anonymousreply 35411/30/2013

[quote]The Walking Dead is just people arguing, and sometime zombies show up.

Which, by the way, would be just fine, if they were arguing about something worthwhile or interesting.

by Anonymousreply 35511/30/2013

So boring. Watch the good wife.

by Anonymousreply 35611/30/2013

You realize the budget was a lot larger for season 1, right? And there has been a lot of politicking behind the scenes about location shoots and costs. They got "bogged down" on the farm primarily to save costs.

And as for the other group miles away not having the illness... illness that deadly takes a high population density to evolve and spread. It kills its victims too quickly to propagate across "voids" of humanity. It was obviously something that mutated locally in a pig or something, and spread to the humans. There isn't necessarily a vector to the Governor's new group. It could be very localized. THAT isn't a plot-hole, necessarily.

What would be interesting is, after it burns itself out on the prison population, if any new people coming in catch it, while the ones that live are now immune? And are they carriers now? If they interact with other groups, with those other groups get sick? I don't expect them to explore either of these ideas, but that would be interesting.

Honestly, I really liked this season until the Governor came back. I really hate how they handled him last season, and this season as well. Bleh. I hope they put this entire plot thread to bed this season, and MOVE ON next season... away from the Prison, no more Governor, and maybe give us some wider perspective on what happened, what's going on in the world now, etc.

And as stated above, at some point, they're going to have to stop using cars, because not only will none of them have gas any more, whatever gas is left around won't be good, and won't actually start engines any more. It's a volatile liquid people, it doesn't last forever just sitting around! And obviously nobody is refining new fuels... so...

by Anonymousreply 35711/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 35811/30/2013

What r358 said.

In the comics they go out on the road and to different cities/states.

I REALLY want to see frozen zombies, even if it's only for a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 36011/30/2013

[quote] And as for the other group miles away not having the illness... illness that deadly takes a high population density to evolve and spread. It kills its victims too quickly to propagate across "voids" of humanity. It was obviously something that mutated locally in a pig or something, and spread to the humans. There isn't necessarily a vector to the Governor's new group. It could be very localized. THAT isn't a plot-hole, necessarily.

Yes, I'm sure that's what your average viewer is thinking about.

High-density population spreading illness, vector control, and disease propagation.

Mmm hmm. If a viewer has to think THIS much about a common sense plot point, chances are you've lost that viewer.

Apparently, WD producers and AMC don't have a mother fucking clue.

by Anonymousreply 36112/01/2013

Darryl has had absolutely no storyline this season.

by Anonymousreply 36212/01/2013

Will Darryl have anything to do tonight?

by Anonymousreply 36312/01/2013

Tune in to see if the governor and his camp will prevail in their assault on Rick and his camp to decide who rules the prison.

Um, didn't this conflict happen last year? Wasn't it decided when the Governor's side lost, followed by him gunning down his own people, followed by the survivors moving into the prison, followed by the Governor burning down the town?

Shark? Meet "The Walking Dead." It is who will be jumping over you tonight.

by Anonymousreply 36412/01/2013

So as the ratings and advertiser rates go up, the budget goes down? Fuck AMC.

by Anonymousreply 36512/01/2013

Wasn't it suggested that AMC poured all their money into MAD MONEY and the other shows suffered for it? Not that I necessarily believe that. BREAKING BAD looked amazing. And had, ya know, a good story and interesting characters and an exciting cast.

by Anonymousreply 36612/01/2013

I truly hope the show gets better. I loved the first two seasons, liked the third season and have been disappointed by the fourth. There was a lot of potential at the beginning of the season but they've lost a lot of momentum.

My man Daryl has had nothing to do all season. Rick has become a secondary character. Carol is gone, for God knows how long and the show has focused on the Governor for the last two episodes (yawn!). I hope tonight's episode is better.

by Anonymousreply 36712/01/2013

Could someone explain why the Governor snapped and fed poor Martinez to the walkers? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 36812/01/2013

I have some questions about the camp by the lake. How did they manage to find all those RV's? Was the spot an RV park? How did Brian and his little family score an RV for themselves being the newest additions to the group? They have vehicles so why didn't Brian take Martinez and his men to the food truck? Why are they having to scavenge for squirrels when they have non-perishable food and lots of it close by? I hope the prison gang finds the truck on one of their runs. The one thing I do like about the Gov is he always has a bottle of booze nearby. Not like the teetotalers at the Prison.

by Anonymousreply 36912/01/2013

Herschel's journey had come to an end. Now all hell breaks loose.

by Anonymousreply 37112/01/2013

At least they're out of that damn prison. And the Governor is dead. Glad Michonne got to do it.

by Anonymousreply 37212/01/2013

Scott Wilson didn't look too happy to get that phone call from Gimple. On IMBD he's listed as being in episodes or an episode in 2014. How is that possible?

by Anonymousreply 37312/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 37412/01/2013

Best episode of the season. It more than made up for the last two snooze-fests.

by Anonymousreply 37512/01/2013

Where were all the walkers that have been crowding the prison fence for months? Suddenly they all disappear just in time for the Rick/Governor showdown. Bad continuity, show runners.

by Anonymousreply 37612/01/2013

Don't you remember all the zombies broke in, and then were mowed down by Rick and Carl?

by Anonymousreply 37812/01/2013

[quote]On IMBD he's listed as being in episodes or an episode in 2014. How is that possible?

Are you so stupid that you believe everything on IMDb is correct, especially on TV show episodes that haven't aired yet?

by Anonymousreply 37912/01/2013

What was that thing that Therese found on the prison wall, the thing that proved that whoever put the rats near the fence also killed his girlfriend. I only got a glance before the camera cut away... it looked like half a raw skull somehow attached to the wall.

by Anonymousreply 38012/01/2013

That's how we do it on Broadway!

by Anonymousreply 38112/01/2013

Where will they go, now that the prison is shot to shit?

by Anonymousreply 38212/01/2013

Wow. I don't really know how to respond to your post. Are you this angry and rude in real life? No, I don't believe everything I read. But it didn't surprise me that you are the poster at r372 and couldn't wait to spoil the ending of the finale for those who may not have watched it yet.

by Anonymousreply 38312/01/2013

Damn auto-correct. That should be Tyreese, not Therese.

by Anonymousreply 38412/01/2013

This was an extension of the woodbury assault in the comic. They just dragged it out to another season. In the comic Judith and Lori are killed by a woman who realizes she just killed a baby, Michone, Rick and Carl leave together and everything else is pretty much the same. How awesome was it the little girls shot them people in the head though.

What I don't get is you letting your little girl play in the mud while you don't pay attention to her. I mean it is the zombie apocalypse for christ sake. You are suddenly safe by a river?

by Anonymousreply 38512/01/2013

R380, it was a squirrel (or rat) that had been flayed open and pinned to a board... really psycho stuff.

by Anonymousreply 38612/02/2013

I agree, a really great episode tonight.

Full of tensions on various fronts, with an epic climactic battle.

A fitting half-season finale.

by Anonymousreply 38712/02/2013

The ratings are actually dropping week to week, from 16 million to 11 million.

by Anonymousreply 38812/02/2013

I noticed Kirk Acevedo in the last 2 episodes. Hard to believe he's 42. I'm sad Hershel is gone and wish Carl was too!

by Anonymousreply 38912/02/2013

Judith hasn't been confirmed as dead yet. Talking Dead didn't have her in their "R.I.P" segment they do every week. I think the little kids took her back inside the prison (maybe that's why they ran back instead of out), or maybe Carol came back & took her undetected.

by Anonymousreply 39112/02/2013

I never seen such Emmy begging as Andrew Lincoln did tonight...

by Anonymousreply 39212/02/2013

That was cool Carol in a way saved Tyrese..

I can't believe Mich didn't finish The Gov...

by Anonymousreply 39312/02/2013

I can't believe those bastards killed a baby...

by Anonymousreply 39412/02/2013

I agree it's possible the baby is still alive. I think the kids shown struggling to carry her and Beth going back for the baby and all that were foreshadowing for someone having taken her. I hope it's Carol. There was a lot that was anti-climactic about tonight's episode and I'm sad the hot lesbian is dead.

by Anonymousreply 39512/02/2013

Carol saved Tyrese because she taught the kids to kill. I'm betting that will be the reason he forgives her.

by Anonymousreply 39612/02/2013

Walking Dead just makes me think of how much better Battlestar Galactica was.

And I like Walking Dead, but...

by Anonymousreply 39712/02/2013

Christ 383, you really are an idiot. Who reads this thread before seeing the new episode?

by Anonymousreply 39812/02/2013

I think Michonne wanted the Governor to have to suffer as a zombie. Putting him out of his misery was something she didn't want to do.

The showrunner for Walking Dead has confirmed that Judith was killed by walkers. He also said it was a rabbit Tyrese found staked to the wall.

by Anonymousreply 39912/02/2013

What about The Governor is he really dead?

Was that Lori The zombie we saw?

by Anonymousreply 40012/02/2013

The story timeline is totally fucked up. In the previous episodes that focused on the governor, we are led to believe that A LOT of time has passed since the fall of Woodbury. But then last night, as the the governor's new bunch of followers circle the prison, it appears that only a short period has passed, since Glenn is only just coming out of his bout with the flu or whatever the outbreak was and Darryl is only just finding out about Carol. WTF?

I am also with those that may not come back to watch the 2nd half of season 4. I hate how the writers/producers are fucking with the audience. There seemed to be a lot of animosity between the actors (Lauren and Scott) and the show's creator on last night's Talking Dead. Just the body language alone showed it. I can't believe that the show will have a season 5 with all the shoddy continuity and writing.

by Anonymousreply 40112/02/2013

[quote] I'm glad the Governor and Judith are dead. I'll miss Hershel though. And where is that lesbian Carol? I'll bet she was hiding in the "bushes" and watching the whole showdown.

Same here. The Governor had just become too evil. I couldn't stand the sight of him anymore. He was just being gratuitously violent.

And Judith had to go because she served no purpose on the show. She was just something that Rick and Carl referred to every now and then, and her carriage was probably an irritation to the actors.

I'm most fascinated by what happened to Carol. If she turns out to be a cannibal-psycho, I think that would probably be the most twisted storyline on television at the moment. Seems like Carol snapped after Sophia, and she has become a total nutjob.

[quote] There seemed to be a lot of animosity between the actors (Lauren and Scott) and the show's creator on last night's Talking Dead. Just the body language alone showed it.

Wow, I ONE HUNDRED PERCENT agree with this. I thought I was the only one who was getting that vibe. The actors REALLY seem to hate Kirkman!!

When Kirkman was explaining why "Hershel" had to be beheaded because he was an "important" character who needed an "important" death scene, Lauren Cohan (Maggie) seemed surprised and repulsed by him! LOL

It's clear that there's a severe disconnect between the producers and actors on the show... and hence the shoddy product.

Scott Wilson (Hershel), being the pro that he is, tried to smooth everything over and tow the party line about everyone being one big happy family, and how he loves the producers and writers, etc., but he also took a dig at them by mentioning how AWESOME the actor who played Dale was.

Jeffrey Demunn (Dale) was always a controversial figure on the show because he sided with Frank Darabont, so with Scott Wilson siding with Jeffrey, it's clear that he's no fan of the current production team.

I'm guessing the real problem lies with Kirkman. He simply doesn't understand that what works for the comic book, doesn't always work for a television show.

At this point, I don't know what can save the show. It's really disjointed at this point, and with the Governor gone, what will be the motivation of the characters?

Stay tuned, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 40212/02/2013

I'm still not convinced Carol killed those two people. But I think she did help dispose of the bodies. I think that little girl did it and is a total sociopath (also flaying the rats etc.)

by Anonymousreply 40312/02/2013

I thought he was giving a dig when he said the actors all do their best with the material each week...

by Anonymousreply 40412/02/2013

Me too R403

by Anonymousreply 40612/02/2013

Interesting read from Frank Darabont, on his experience with AMC and the Walking Dead:

"Darabont experienced the downside of the TV workout with “Walking Dead,” the show he adapted from Robert Kirkman’s graphic novel series. After the skein’s impressive start with a six-episode run in the fall of 2010, the biz was shocked the following summer when the news broke that the creative was off the show.

Rumors swirled that Darabont was fired by AMC over budget concerns and clashes between him and network suits. Neither Darabont nor AMC have publicly addressed the reasons for his departure — which only added fuel to the rumor mill — but the wound has clearly still not healed.

After Darabont’s tense departure, Glen Mazzara took over showrunning duties, but he was ushered out two seasons later. Scott Gimple, who was a member of Darabont’s original writing staff, now spearheads the show.

When asked if he still watches “Walking Dead,” Darabont lets loose.

“Oh God no, why would I,” he says sharply. “If the woman you loved with all your heart left you for the Pilates instructor and just sent you an invitation to the wedding, would you go?”

He continues, “There’s a deep commitment and emotional investment that happens when you create something that is very near and dear to you, and when that is torn asunder by sociopaths who don’t give a shit about your feelings or the feelings of your cast and crew … that doesn’t feel good.”

After a drag off the e-cig and stroke of Bailey’s head, Darabont laughs. “No, I would not go to the wedding, is my answer. Nor would I accompany them on their wedding night to see them fuck.”

Despite his hard feelings, Darabont is happy to see Gimple in a leadership position on the program.

“I thought Scott was the most talented writer in that room, and I’m including myself in that equation,” he says. “I thought, if anyone deserved the shot to revive that show (to get) it back to some sort of adult perspective, it would be him.”"

Guess that explains what happened to the show.

by Anonymousreply 40712/02/2013

[quote] My man Daryl has had nothing to do all season.

On various boards people are complaining that Darryl has had absolutely no storyline.

by Anonymousreply 40812/02/2013

[quote] On IMBD he's listed as being in episodes or an episode in 2014. How is that possible?

For contractual purposes he receives credit only.

by Anonymousreply 40912/02/2013

...or it could be a flash-back, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 41012/02/2013

[quote] “Oh God no, why would I,” he says sharply. “If the woman you loved with all your heart left you for the Pilates instructor and just sent you an invitation to the wedding, would you go?”

[quote] After a drag off the e-cig and stroke of Bailey’s head, Darabont laughs. “No, I would not go to the wedding, is my answer. Nor would I accompany them on their wedding night to see them fuck.”

Well said.

by Anonymousreply 41112/02/2013

[quote]The showrunner for Walking Dead has confirmed that Judith was killed by walkers. He also said it was a rabbit Tyrese found staked to the wall.

Link please, Don't buy it for a minute. They will find her with the bus in the spring season. There was blood in the car seat from someone living picking her up with bloody hands. There was no trace of her.

[quote]Wow, I ONE HUNDRED PERCENT agree with this. I thought I was the only one who was getting that vibe. The actors REALLY seem to hate Kirkman!!

Wow, you really like to think for strangers don't you? "The Talking Dead" is completely voluntary. They are under no contract to appear. If a guest "hated" another, they don't show up. Lots of actors are uncomfortable talking about themselves and prefer to be on camera with other people's words. As Wilson said, they all came into this knowing the next episode could be their last.

[quote]And Judith had to go because she served no purpose on the show.

Really? She's the future. If you don't think she and Carl will be the last two standing, walking into the sunset on the final minutes of the final episode, you're not paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 41212/02/2013

It's very sentimental to think that Carl and Judith will survive until the end, but the show would still need to deal with the problems of believability that a toddler/young child could survive situation after situation.

The way this show is going, they will like go the "Full House" route with Judith and cast cute twins with adorable "How Rude!" catchphrases.

by Anonymousreply 41312/02/2013

Here's what the showrunner, Gimple, actually said about Judith's fate:

"There are a lot of walkers around there as well. It did not look good, and I don't want to say one way or another but what you see tells a story."

Make of it what you will. I have no idea where the poster got the information that Judith's death was confirmed.

And here's the link to the full interview.

by Anonymousreply 41412/02/2013

Why don't the walkers' eyes decay like their skin does? Are the eyes eternally rejuvenated when they turn yellow during the zombiefication process? The walkers would not be as much of a threat if they couldn't see their prey.

by Anonymousreply 41512/02/2013

Does David Morrissey feel such loyalty to the show that he'll demean himself with a short appearance as Zombie Governor on a future episode?

by Anonymousreply 41612/02/2013

R416, didn't his girlfriend shoot him in the head after Michonne left him?

by Anonymousreply 41712/02/2013

Why do some of you believe Judith is dead? I don't think she is.

by Anonymousreply 41812/02/2013

Those baby carriers are a pain in the ass to lug around. I am thinking that somebody scooped Judith up and ran and that she is alive.

by Anonymousreply 41912/02/2013

Doesn't anyone know where to find barbed wire? Just get bales and bales of it and the walkers will get tangled up in it. Then pick them off with samurai swords or bayonets or a broom handle through the eye.

Weren't there any Lowes or Home Depots around during the zombie apocalypse? No houses with solar panels?

There are too many zombies walking around. If there were that many zombies and so few living people, most of the zombies would have starved by now. And how could zombies overcome air forces and tank corps? Flamethrowers? Drones? Helicopter gunships? They showed the military already defeated, but didn't show how these slow-moving decayed corpses could have taken over the world during the beginning of the ZA.

by Anonymousreply 42012/02/2013

If Carol shows up with that baby, it will officially become a soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 42112/02/2013

I think Judith is alive and I also believe that the older girl is a psycho.

What happened to the Gov's gf's sister? I lost track of her. Also, on the Talking Dead they mentioned a "Claire" as a zombie in one scene. Who was Claire?

by Anonymousreply 42212/02/2013

Claire was the crazy Irish woman rick found early in the season ... She was one of the horde zombies at the end.

by Anonymousreply 42312/02/2013

And we were supposed to remember Claire when I couldn't wait to forget her or that episode?

by Anonymousreply 42412/02/2013

Kirkman is a BIG, FAT, turd!

So, now we get to see the gang try and find each other for the next 8 episodes? FUN!

I assume the show is moving at a tortoise pace because they don't want it to catch up to the comic book.

I have a really bad feeling that Daryl will be gone by the end of the season.

And I'm wondering if baby dyke and her sister took Judith?

by Anonymousreply 42512/02/2013

Excellent write-up on this episode:

[bold]The Walking Dead just had its "Red Wedding" episode and it was AMAZING[/bold]

HOLY SHIT. The rematch between Rick and the Governor arrived not with a bang, but with several bangs, which if you reacted anything like I did tore your face off with craziness. The end result: A mid-season finale that was exciting, shocking, brutal (so brutal) and better than any actual TWD finale. It was, legitimately, great.

You want to know how great it is? I'm writing this right after watching "Too Far Gone," and there's a knot in my stomach and all my brain wants me to write is HOLY SHIT over and over.

[italic](details at the link)[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 42612/02/2013

I am glad Lilly the Gov's girlfriend wised up. Also I noticed her hair didn't look shiny so at least she looked a bit realistic. Funny that big shot wanna be cop sister panicked when the fighting broke up. Though glad she was the voice of reason saying the Gov just beheaded a man. My poor Hershel!

by Anonymousreply 42712/02/2013

[And I'm wondering if baby dyke and her sister took Judith?

IIRC, Baby Dyke was killed. The sister is alive, she killed the governor - though I don't know if she was trying to put him out of his misery and stop him from coming back as a walker, or if she was so angry at him for what he had done to her family and friends. She seemed really angry in the last shot.

by Anonymousreply 42812/02/2013

So Lilly and the cop sister, did they survive?

by Anonymousreply 42912/02/2013

[quote] Baby Dyke was killed.

Are you sure? I didn't see her get killed. She just looked scared in her final shot. Plus she wasn't among those In Memorioum in the Talking Dead segment.

by Anonymousreply 43012/02/2013

Okay, maybe I got confused. I thought one of the dykes got killed.

by Anonymousreply 43112/02/2013

The other lesbian (who was the gf) got shot between the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 43212/02/2013

Yes, Baby Dyke's gf was shot by the little psycho chick if I recall.

by Anonymousreply 43312/02/2013

Is she psycho or just growing up really fast. She was stuck in the sick ward when the zombies broke out and she saved Hershel. Carol taught them to fight and she is not that much younger than Carl. If I were Tyrese I would not think they were psycho.

I have a feeling Tyrese and the girls will catch up wtih Carol, since Tyrese was never told who killed his GF, then they will all catch up with the rest.

by Anonymousreply 43412/02/2013

Last we saw the lesbian sister/cop wannabe she was walking away from the tank in a daze. She did not appear to be hit.

Her girlfriend was shot by the bad ass tween girl.

by Anonymousreply 43512/02/2013

If they really wanted to be cruel, they would have shown Hershel's severed zombie head growling as the final shot.

by Anonymousreply 43612/02/2013

Kirkman has always been a hack. The comic is dreadful, especially the dialogue and shrill characters. Shock value from a guy who has not moved past adolescence.

The TV show is far better, which is why Kirkman keeps firing everyone who tries to let the concept grow up. Gimple is doing well but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go next.

by Anonymousreply 43712/02/2013

reading about the comics there is so many female characters getting raped.

But there have hardly been any rapes on the show.

by Anonymousreply 43812/02/2013

Kirkman has always come off as a immature douche with an only slightly veiled hatred of women.

by Anonymousreply 43912/02/2013

[quote] immature douche with an only slightly veiled hatred of women.

But he has pulled back on all the rape storylines featured in the comics.

They have had more rapes than Days of our Lives!

by Anonymousreply 44012/02/2013

Kirkman and Walking Dead TV show have a very obvious hatred of women.

The only strong woman allowed to survive must have her phallic sword with her at all times or she is powerless.

by Anonymousreply 44112/02/2013

R441 what about Carol?

by Anonymousreply 44212/02/2013

Miles O'Keefe - Tarzan

Michael O'Keefe - Roseanne, The Great Santini, Caddyshack

by Anonymousreply 44312/02/2013

TWD the show is much, much less misogynistic than Kirkman's graphic novels, which literally feature women crying, going crazy, being raped, fighting/committing suicide over a MAYUN!!!! and nagging menfolk to death in EVERY SINGLE ISSUE.

Even Michonne was raped continuously for 3 days in the comics. The show is nowhere near that bad. I agree that Carol kicks ass, especially since in the comics she kills herself because Tyreese wouldn't do her. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 44412/02/2013

The comics also included an attempted rape on Carl, soon after the prison fell. By a small group of men; he was saved before they were able to though.

by Anonymousreply 44512/02/2013

Well in fairness, R444, the fact that Lori turned her down after Carol tried to make out with her, didn't help either.

Anyway, I don't think the network would allow any rapes would they? Certainly they wouldn't allow the whole rape as weapon of war thing.

by Anonymousreply 44612/02/2013

Person on Tumblr speculating that Tyreese has baby Judith!

by Anonymousreply 44712/02/2013

Tyreese took off with the two girls Carol was looking after--did not see him take away baby Judith. I think someone has the baby. It willbe a shining moment from a terrible day when Rick and Carl unite with her.

by Anonymousreply 44812/02/2013

Judith was last seen with Lizzie and those other girls so she could possibly be with Tyreese. Also,I did not see any remains of Judith near the carrier. I don't see how a walker could have unsnapped the restraints on her carrier anyway.

by Anonymousreply 45112/02/2013

So what about Herschel's head? Isn't it just going to roll around and growl now? good grief. I hope someone shoots the poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 45212/02/2013

And how comes we don't see any baby walkers around?

by Anonymousreply 45312/02/2013

r442, Carol was banished (which in this world is essentially a death sentence) for making a bold independent decision. Men on the show who have killed people do not get punished like that.

by Anonymousreply 45412/02/2013

I missed a few episodes. Why did Carol get banished?

by Anonymousreply 45512/02/2013

Killing people before they infected others and cause more deaths

by Anonymousreply 45612/02/2013

Great episode. As much as I hate the governor, I love David Morrissey and I'm kind of sad that he's not coming back.

by Anonymousreply 45712/02/2013

Good point, R453. Hadn't thought of that. Perhaps because they couldn't walk in the first place. Crawlers? As for infants, they'd be stuck in their cribs or whatever.

Of course, most of the babies probably got chomped up as snacks.

by Anonymousreply 45812/02/2013

"And how comes we don't see any baby walkers around?"

Babies can't walk. .

by Anonymousreply 45912/02/2013

[quote] Kirkman has always come off as a immature douche with an only slightly veiled hatred of women.

Re-watch the last episode of Talking Dead, just to see HOW MUCH of a douche he is. He couldn't stand the fact that Scott Wilson was getting asked so many questions, and basically commandeering the show through his intellect and charisma, so every chance Kirkman had, he would make bored faces at the camera as if he were saying "shut the fuck up, already!"

Kirkman is a child in an adult world. He's probably a creative director for the show, but that's a HUGE mistake. He doesn't have the mental capability to translate his comic book into a television show, and he so much as admitted it on Talking Dead.

[quote] There’s a deep commitment and emotional investment that happens when you create something that is very near and dear to you, and when that is torn asunder by sociopaths who don’t give a shit about your feelings or the feelings of your cast and crew … that doesn’t feel good.

That was a direct shot at Kirkman and the other execs, including "Principal" Gale Ann Hurd.

How funny that Darabont described EXACTLY the emotion that Scott Wilson and Lauren Cohan displayed on Talking Dead. He fucking nailed it.

They were both so sad and emotional, and Kirkman just sat there and made immature faces at the camera.

I think that sociopath is the perfect word for the people in charge of Walking Dead.

But hey, at least Hyundai and Blue Moon Beer Company are happy, right?

by Anonymousreply 46012/03/2013

I don't think Judith is dead. If she is they should have shown some evidence, like bloody, torn up baby clothes. She's with the kids on the bus. They were the last to be seen with her and they're smart enough not to ditch her out in the open during that battle.

If she IS dead then that's just more shoddy storytelling and a big fuck you to the viewers.

by Anonymousreply 46112/03/2013

Tyrese taking off with Carol's kiddie krew and Judith would make a lot of sense. No way those little bad-asses ditched a baby in the middle of a war zone with walkers everywhere. It would set up an eventual reconciliation between Tyrese and Carol. Whoever pointed out that Tyrese owes Carol for his life since she trained the kids who saved him how to use firearms is onto something.

by Anonymousreply 46212/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 46312/03/2013

No, R464. R441 is dead on (excuse the pun). Kirkman is a serious misogonyst with arrested development issues, to boot.

by Anonymousreply 46512/03/2013

[quote] Kirkman is a serious misogonyst with arrested development issues, to boot.

But there have been no rapes on the show. Even Days of our Lives have had more rapes than this show!

by Anonymousreply 46612/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 46712/03/2013

R467, I am just calling a spade a spade in regards to Kirkman. We are discussing all issues regarding TWD on this thread, and let's face it, this show does not really have very many strong female characters. That is a fact and some of us want to discuss this.

Also, don't think that an asshole like Kirkman would handle gay men on this show any better, though there was a gay couple in the comic - though it could be construed as the typical jailhouse bitch thing. Of course, lesbians are present because all douchebag straight guys love to fantasize about two women getting it on.

by Anonymousreply 46812/03/2013

Watching Talking Dead right now. Kirkman just said the word homage and prounounced it HOME-age.

by Anonymousreply 46912/03/2013

I myself thought Kirkman was making the strangest facial expressions during Talking Dead. At one point, with Lauren blubberin' and Scott being not the most talkative "legend" actor, I kinda felt sorry for Hardwick.

I think the plotlines are limitless right now - they could do a few interesting episodes on Michonne at this point. I don't see why fans think the show has reached a dead end or jumped the shark. It can go in a million different interesting directions now that the guv is dead and they're out of the prision.

by Anonymousreply 47012/03/2013

I hate that smug, fat little bitch Kirkland.

I'm torn between being hardcore and wanting Judith dead and wanting her to be rescued and safe in the arms of baby-averse Michonne. That would also provide the basis for a Rick/Michonne hookup on down the line.

by Anonymousreply 47212/03/2013

I wonder if zombies take shits. They eat, so they gotta shit. Man, zombie farts gotta stink hella.

by Anonymousreply 47312/03/2013

Does anyone know if they completed filming season 4 last summer? I was wondering if they shoot the whole season all at once or divide the shooting in to parts 1 and 2.

by Anonymousreply 47412/03/2013

[quote] there was a gay couple in the comic - though it could be construed as the typical jailhouse bitch thing.

It was definitely a jailhouse bitch thing, in the comic when Rick's gang arrives, half of the "gay couple" claims he was always straight and rejects his former "bitch," who is actually gay. The comic book audience is typically homophobic, and it sounds like the Walking Dead comic played into that, but nothing is preventing the show from inventing new gay characters. They've already diverted considerably from the comic I'm sure, and it's not like it's sacrosanct "literature" that has to be followed to the tee anyway. The show can, and should, rise above it, especially where treatment of minority characters is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 47512/03/2013

Kirk Acevedo nude in Oz.

by Anonymousreply 47612/03/2013

Having a baby on a show like this is a logistical and narrative nightmare.

Let the baby stay dead.

by Anonymousreply 47712/03/2013

I remember being really upset when Acevedo purposefully cut his face on OZ. He was so putty, I didn't want to see him all scarred up.

by Anonymousreply 47812/03/2013

R478 Damn, Kirk Acevedo hasn't aged a day since he was on Oz. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 47912/03/2013

That whole Herschel beheading scene was truly shocking to me. I never thought they'd go there in such a graphic way because of who Herschel was. That being said, it's time they did a big bang-up and moved this story along. I'm also glad the governor is dead. I just wish his death would have been more severe.

by Anonymousreply 48012/04/2013

It was shocking to me when I read it. Specifically because, as I understand it, Michone was there right next to Herschel, right? Why wouldn't the Governor kill her to make his point? He said he liked Herschel. And he hated Michone. Bad storytelling. The kind of thing that only makes sense in the writers' room.

by Anonymousreply 48112/04/2013

r481, my take on it is he wanted to torture Michonne more slowly once he took over the prison (which never happened).

by Anonymousreply 48212/04/2013

Maybe they'll show Herschel's severed zombie growling head as the opening of the new spring season.

by Anonymousreply 48312/04/2013

I think r477 is right. They had to get rid of Judith to move the story along. They would have a very difficult time keeping her alive anyway with all of them scattered and wandering around in the zombie infested woods. No formula or diapers. Her crying would attract the walkers to their hiding places. It would make it difficult to fight holding a baby. One can assume that Tyreese is the lone adult with the trio of little witches. Did any of them make it to a car? Also, we don't really know if the Gov is dead. Neither of the sisters was a crack shot. Lilly could have missed. And if he managed to get the gun from her he wouldn't. I have a feeling the big WTF moment is that the Gov is still alive but Judith is not. Also, Kirkman said in an interview that it is necessary to get rid of the moral center to move the story along in interesting ways. It looked to me like he relished offing Hershel and was annoyed with the emotional reaction by the fans and the other cast members for doing so. He really came off as a douche on the Talking Dead. Made more evident by the class act that is Scott Wilson and the real emotion displayed by Cohan of losing her "dad" and having to say good bye to her good friend and fellow castmate.

by Anonymousreply 48412/04/2013

[quote]Also, we don't really know if the Gov is dead. Neither of the sisters was a crack shot. Lilly could have missed.

Lilly could have, but I don't Michonne did.

by Anonymousreply 48512/04/2013

don't THINK Michonne did, that is.

by Anonymousreply 48612/04/2013

Unless the Gov was shot in the head, he will become a walker.

by Anonymousreply 48712/04/2013

Michonne ran him through with the Katana and left him alive. Either to die and turn or become Zombie chow. He was still alive, writhing on the ground, when Lilly took the shot, r485. I think it's telling that we didn't actually see the Gov dead with a bullet in his head. Yes, the last shot of Lilly firing the gun was a dramatic way to end the episode but I think there is more to it. Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 48812/04/2013

Judith *might* be dead. That's an open question.

The Governor *is* dead. I don't think that's in question. Even if Lilly's shot missed his head and he comes back a zombie, big deal. He's not The Governor anymore. He's just another dumbass zombie.

by Anonymousreply 48912/04/2013

Aren't you assuming that he died from the gut wound, r489? What if he didn't? And Lilly missed the head shot? Anything is possible. And I think they want to come back with a bang. If the Gov managed to survive that would certainly be a bang. Just riffing on what ifs.

by Anonymousreply 49012/04/2013

Off topic, is Scott Wilson family? Never married and lives with his 99 year old mother. It would be cool if he was.

by Anonymousreply 49112/04/2013

I don't think the Governor is dead. This stupid show has a reason for showing off-character "deaths." And I believe Morrison signed a contract--as a regular--for the full season.

by Anonymousreply 49212/04/2013

Yes, this is why I am suspicious too, r492. Morrissey said in an interview that he wants to make it to season five. And he had a mischevious smile when he said it. Also he kept saying that the producers have told him that TWD is "his show". And, to get the nasty name calling troll in a tizzy again, the IMDb for Morrissey lists him in episodes for 2013-2014. Someone said this is just for contractual reasons but what if he really is still on the show when it comes back for Part 2? Kirkman seemed so smug on Talking Dead, like they have a real ace up their sleeves, and no one will see it coming. And I don't think it's the question of whether Judith is alive or dead. Personally, I like Morrissey and I think he did a great job with the character. If he's still around to stir the shit I won't mind. I know I'm in the minority of TWD fans.

by Anonymousreply 49312/04/2013

If the Governor isn't dead, then I'm done with this show.

by Anonymousreply 49412/04/2013

I don't think they take our feelings into account when they plan the story arcs for this show. The ratings are off the hook and they keep attracting new fans. If Kirkman and Gimple want the Gov to still be alive then they won't care if they lose a few old ones. That's just the way this show rolls. And as long as they keep production costs down AMC couldn't give a shit either way.

by Anonymousreply 49512/04/2013

Morrissey could be shown as still working in 2014 if they show the Gov. in flashbacks or someone's dream/nightmare imagery.

by Anonymousreply 49612/04/2013

Morrisey would be driving a katana through his own career if he agreed to appear on this show as a zombie. That would put him in the category of the $50 a day extras TWD hires to play the undead. No agent in his or her right mind would permit it.

by Anonymousreply 49712/04/2013

He won't show up as a zombie.

by Anonymousreply 49812/04/2013

R497 even if he plays a zombie, he maintains his current salary.

by Anonymousreply 49912/04/2013

I'd be shocked, shocked if an actor about to be killed off a TV series was misleading about his future and if, at the same time, an internet database that can barely maintain accurate information about past episodes, was somehow inaccurate in speculating on his appearance in future ones.

by Anonymousreply 50012/04/2013

Well, that is the logical way to look at it, r500. Some of us just have fun speculating on what might happen and are intrigued with what conspires behind the scenes. Yes, Morrissey probably was being playful in that interview and perhaps being deliberately misleading so as not to spoil anything for the fans. Or The Gov may still be alive. You have your theories about the grass. It's all good:)

by Anonymousreply 50112/04/2013

Who remembers Morrisey's hot nude ass in that otherwise awful BASIC INSTINCT 2?

by Anonymousreply 50212/04/2013

It's not very hard to figure out that the Gov is dead and Judith is alive. They've already explained that this season will try and follow the comics more closely. The way the finale went down was as close to the comics as this show has done in years.

The first half of this season was done simply to establish Hershel as the true heart of the prison group, and to end it with the gang realizing they had to abandon the prison, and without Hershel, the group is that much weaker. I think thats why the gov killed him and not Michonne. The prison group would've been sad over her death but not to the point of becoming hopeless like they did with Hershel.

The Gov is dead because they are now moving on to a new story. Them leaving the prison and I guess heading to DC. In DC, there's another nasty villain waiting for them.

My predictions:

Tyrese goes with the girl. Bonds with them, and they tell him about how Carol taught them to defend themselves and how much they miss her. Eventually, Carol shows up again and this is when Tyrese finds out the truth: Psycho teen girl killed David and Karen, and a guilt ridden Carol, dragged their bodies and burned them. She feels responsible because of how she basically told psycho girl to do it, so she took the blame.

Judith is alive, and either, Michonne finds her and takes care of her (also allowing them to go into her background which they hinted at earlier and Judith was part of that) or whoever the person feeding rats and flaying rabbits took her. Anyway, by end of season when most of the gang starts reuniting, Rick and Carl will get her back.

The prison story is over and so is their main villain. Time to move to the next stage and to the next super-villain which will be just as nasty if not more as the Gov.

by Anonymousreply 50312/05/2013

I think some of you are assuming Robert Kirkman controls the TV show.

He does not.

AMC execs chased out Darabont and Mazzara -- who are both control-freak cunts in their own way -- not Kirkman.

I do agree the Kirkman is smug and annoying, but a lot of people in comics have a similar personality.

by Anonymousreply 50412/05/2013

I agree with r494. The injury Michonne inflicted would probably not have been survivable if it occurred in the ER of a trauma center. If he comes back it's as a zombie or as a dream or flashback.

by Anonymousreply 50512/05/2013

If Judith is dead it's Rick's fault. If he hadn't banished Carol she would have been outside fighting while Beth saved the baby.

by Anonymousreply 50612/05/2013

I would hazard a guess that most of us who watch the show have never read the comics and don't know what is coming next. I thought I read an interview with Gimple that said they were happy because they were going to be able to go in a direction completely away from the comics. A question for those of you who have read or do read the comics. Was Judith a character in the comics and did she die? And how did the Governor die in the comics. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 50712/05/2013

R507, I read the graphic novels only up to the prison showdown between the governor and Rick. Judith dies. If I remember correctly, she wasn't eaten by walkers, but she was squished to death. I think her mother Lori (who was still alive) falls on her as she's shot dead by one of the Governor's people.

But it really doesn't matter what's in the comics, because at that point (the prison/governor showdown) Andrea is still alive, Dale is still alive and I think Glenn died during the prison showdown in the comics as well.

by Anonymousreply 50812/05/2013

Oh I also wanted to say that the Governor is most definitely dead, but if there's a chance of him coming back, maybe it could be a Land of the Dead situation? If anyone remembers that George Romero movie, zombies essentially started "thinking" albeit in a limited capacity, but they become "conscious" to a degree. That actually would be terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 50912/05/2013

I like your suggestion, R509. I would love to see the zombies become more evolved in the sense that they just aren't staggering around anymore. Maybe a hybrid zombie/survivor - especially since we now know that everyone carries the disease. Maybe someone who dies only goes half-way in to zombie-dom.

by Anonymousreply 51012/05/2013

They introduced the Hoard when they killed Shane. As Rick and Carl are walking back this mass of zombies come running for them. They never brought it up again. I like the evolution of the zombies in Warm Bodies - where they evolved into more aggressive killers who attacked the slow walking zombies as well.

by Anonymousreply 51112/05/2013

In the comics, Lori is shot while carrying baby Judith.

The bullet goes through both of them.

A classic twofer.

by Anonymousreply 51212/05/2013

I'm watching Mob Story and Dale and Shane are on that show. I wonder if there is some truth to the rumor that anyone loyal to Darabont was eased out of TWD. The actors who played Shane, Dale, Carol and Andrea were in his films and he brought them all to TWD. Makes me wonder since Andrea and Dale are still alive in the comics. Anyone have any hot skinny?

by Anonymousreply 51312/05/2013

r507 Judith is in the comics but she and Laurie die in the assault on the prison by woodbury. Michonne kills the Governor for his torturing of her when she was captive again this all took place in the woodbury time.

The fact that they killed Andrea and Carole is alive is so divergent from the books so other than bones of concepts they are not going to be the same. Meaning this first half season? it is Kind of what should have happened in the woodbury assault but it appears they wanted to drag out the Governor longer - probably because he was such a good character to hate.

by Anonymousreply 51412/05/2013

They also showed the horde in the scene where the car carrying Tyreese, Bob, Michonne and Daryl gets stuck on the prone bodies of the walkers they ran over. It looked massive. Much larger than the one that descended on the farm. Where the hell did they go? Since they can't think the idea that they just walk in a tight formation down the road is ridiculous. They must wander off into the surrounding woods. Why aren't they overrunning the prison by now? I know Daryl said the Vet College was fifty miles away but still. I guess it doesn't make sense to think too much when watching TWD.

by Anonymousreply 51512/05/2013

R499, salary wouldn't be the issue. His role would be diminished - again, the sort of part an extra would play - and no actor worth his or her salt would agree to do that.

by Anonymousreply 51612/05/2013

Okay, you've convinced me that the Gov is not merely dead but really most sincerely dead. Kirkman said on TD that the characters that the audience is emotionally vested in are given "memorable deaths". I guess since the Gov was a polarizing and despised character he got an off screen death. And of course, dinner for eight.

by Anonymousreply 51712/05/2013

R513: Andrea is still alive in the books. Dale is not. He was partially eaten by canibals, but kept alive, only to die later. This was while the gang was on the farm. Rick and Michonne were tortured by the Governor (Rick lost a hand). Andrea and Dale also hooked up in the books (seriously). Sophia is also still alive in the books, being "adopted" by Glenn and Maggie. As said upthread Carol offed herself in the books. At this point in the books they head north towards DC.

by Anonymousreply 51812/05/2013

I'm telling you, the Governor is alive. Off-screen death of major villain = he's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 51912/05/2013

Let's not forget Lilly is a nurse. Maybe she used her medical expertise to save his life.

by Anonymousreply 52012/05/2013

Why would she save him after shooting him in the head, r520? How would she save him without medical equipment and how could she move him to safety alone. She's a tiny woman. And she doesn't know the layout of the prison to know to take him to the cellblock. Plus, more and more walkers have been attracted to the area from all the gun fire. Don't want to rain on your parade but it seems implausible.

by Anonymousreply 52112/05/2013

R521 you seem to be a new viewer to this show.

by Anonymousreply 52212/05/2013

Mr Jesus will allow the Governor to return.

by Anonymousreply 52312/05/2013

R521 watch the ending of the Zombie film 28 days.

If that black chick could save Cillian Murphy at the end, anything is possible.

by Anonymousreply 52412/05/2013

Lilly and her cute lesbian sister are going to join up with Rick's group. Neither one of them were really part of the shoot out in a meaningful way, and now that Rick's group has no one with any medical background, they'll be able to use her.

I loved this theory: [quote]Eventually, Carol shows up again and this is when Tyrese finds out the truth: Psycho teen girl killed David and Karen, and a guilt ridden Carol, dragged their bodies and burned them. She feels responsible because of how she basically told psycho girl to do it, so she took the blame.

The older child is fucked up beyond belief and was already shown playing with zombies. She was definitely the one feeding them rats and shit and I can TOTALLY buy Carol covering for her, although they showed flashbacks of her doing it.

by Anonymousreply 52512/05/2013

I'm watching In The Heat of The Night and Scott Wilson reminds me a lot of Lee Pace. He was also a terrific actor when he was young. A real talent. I wonder why he stopped acting for so long?

by Anonymousreply 52612/06/2013

I have been watching since season one. Not a TWD virgin, r522. I am one of the few who thought the Gov might still be alive but after reading more thoughtful posts I am convinced he's a goner. Unless Lilly is as useless as her sister is with a gun and missed the kill shot. He would still have to get up and run with that gut wound. And where would he run to? Naw, the Gov is dead. A more probable scenario would be for Lilly and her sister to be taken under Michonne's wing since Lilly finished off Philip. And the sister wasn't part of the fire fight and Michonne would know that too.

by Anonymousreply 52712/06/2013

Even if Lily missed, the Gov was doomed. Those walkers would have devoured him, which would also have been a more fitting death for him.

by Anonymousreply 52812/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 52912/06/2013

I wonder what will happen to Darryl. I really thought he was a goner in the last episode, but then you see him propping up a walker as a shield. Nothing ever gets him. It'll probably be just him alone in the end - especially since he's not in the comic books. Though, I would love to see a love interest for Darryl. I want to see some hot Darryl sex scenes!

by Anonymousreply 53012/06/2013

Darryl has had no storyline this entire season

Darryl fans are not happy.

by Anonymousreply 53112/06/2013

I wonder why that is, R531. As we know, Darryl/Norman Reedus has a plethora of fans and he is really well-liked by cast and crew of TWD - they all love him. Any producer worth his/her salt would develop that to the hilt to propel the show. But this ass-backwards producing/writing crew aren't utilizing the character at all. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 53212/06/2013

Even Tyreese a second string character has had more of a storyline than Darryl

Darryl fans are really in an uproar by his lack of storyline. He has had absolutely nothing to do all season.

by Anonymousreply 53312/06/2013

rumor has it Darryl make get a same sex story line coming up

by Anonymousreply 53412/06/2013

I would kill or die to see a Daryl, Rick and Glen threesome. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 53512/06/2013

I'll miss those communal showers at the prison.

by Anonymousreply 53612/06/2013

I'm pretty sure they'll hook Lily up with Rick. Richonne is NEVER gonna happen.

And I'm also very concerned for Daryl.

Don't know if he'll make it to another season.

by Anonymousreply 53712/06/2013

[quote] And I'm also very concerned for Daryl. Don't know if he'll make it to another season.

When they don't give you a storyline, that is cause for concern.

by Anonymousreply 53812/06/2013

There are eight more episodes to go so there is a good chance that Daryl is going to get a lot more screen time. Besides, he's with Beth and there seemed to be an attraction there so who knows where they are going to take his story. I wouldn't really care for that pairing. Beth is too much like Carol. He needs someone strong and kick ass like Michonne as a partner. We all know they are never going to give him a gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 53912/06/2013

If the show continues to follow (loosely) the comic, they should be on the road for the rest of the season. Heading towards D.C.

A couple more major characters will be added.

by Anonymousreply 54012/06/2013

R540 when will Darryl get a storyline?

by Anonymousreply 54112/06/2013

r541, There is no Darryl in the comic.

And Carol is long dead and Sophia and Andrea are still alive.

So your guess is as good as anybody's.

by Anonymousreply 54212/06/2013

A very good friend of mine worked on TWD this season and I know what's coming up for Daryl and a few others. Spoiled me about the baby, but she agrees the baby may not be dead and that it's open ended.

I can tell you guys what will happen to Daryl if you want. It's not same-sex, but he is getting a storyline.

Richonne isn't happening either.

by Anonymousreply 54312/06/2013

Spill, r543.

by Anonymousreply 54412/06/2013

Please spoil away!

by Anonymousreply 54512/06/2013

If you post SPOILERS please put them in a separate thread. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 54612/08/2013

SPOILER -

after the prison Rick, Carl and Michonne come across Kirstie Alley eating a half dead human. Rick shoots her only to realize she is not a zombie..just fat.

by Anonymousreply 54712/08/2013

I'm not a prime time member and it's not a big enough spoiler to occasion its own thread so it's all good.

by Anonymousreply 54812/08/2013

Here's a trailer of the upcoming winter season which begins February 9.

by Anonymousreply 54912/08/2013

If Daryl isn't getting a gay storyline, then who wants to hear what happens to him?

by Anonymousreply 55012/09/2013

*****SPOILER********

Daryl has left with Beth, which is the pairing. It's like real life: Reedus' girl friends are 19-20

Carol is back, meets up with Tyrese, which will work itself out in a touchy feely way

Rick is really sick. Whacko son becomes his protector

I hate the Guv and resent he got 2 eps Lizzie got 1 or 2

Daryl & Michonne won't happen. Look what happened with Tyrese and Karen. One will have to die

by Anonymousreply 55112/09/2013

I don't know about Daryl and Michonne NEVER happening. The actors want it to happen and I think they're playing a slow burn with it, but R551 is right about all the other upcoming spoilers. That's who Daryl hooks up with this season - Beth. Daryl, it turns out, is very inexperienced.

by Anonymousreply 55212/09/2013

If they hook Daryl and Beth up, I'm pretty sure I'm done with this show.

I don't give a fuck if the actress is 28 IRL.

It still is gross.

by Anonymousreply 55312/09/2013

Did not read the spoiler but have a feeling they are going for Daryl/Beth. She is so bland that I have no interest in her, I would rather he hook up with somebody else.

by Anonymousreply 55512/09/2013

Don't be so negative r553. And this coming from someone who opposes to older males dating late teens (19-20), but if the person is in mid-twenties like Beth than cool. Plus, if they do hook up than that'll mean she's dead by the finale!

by Anonymousreply 55612/09/2013

Maybe Carol and Michonne will hook up. You know, when Michonne finally gets over her ex, Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 55812/09/2013

**************Spoiler**************

Rick will lose his hand like in the comic; obviously it is not going to happen because of the governor

The cannibals do show up, towards the end of this season two major characters will be gone

Ass kicker is not dead, but she will be at the season finale

Carol obviously turns up, she will be responsible for killing a major character who was not bitten

Daryl and Michonne are not hooking up; neither is Rick and Michonne

Don't hold your breath for any same-sex romances; but the continued presence of the lesbian

As you could probably guess, the people on the bus do not get very far before they run into trouble. Flat tire causes driver to lose control. They flip, attract walkers, Glenn does not survive.

Interesting twist is the introduction of a new villain played by a big name FEMALE movie star, which producers had previously strayed away from for various reasons.

by Anonymousreply 55912/09/2013

That is some good s**t, Es Broma!

by Anonymousreply 56012/09/2013

Which one is Beth again?

by Anonymousreply 56112/10/2013

[quote]They flip, attract walkers, Glenn does not survive.

NOOOOOO!!! I like Glenn. He went from a comic book reading, pizza delivering geek to getting a chick and kicking zombie ass.

by Anonymousreply 56212/10/2013

Well, if Glenn dies then his girlfriend must be pregnant, too.

by Anonymousreply 56312/10/2013

Scott Wilson, if I am not mistaken, was in Capote's "In Cold Blood"?

by Anonymousreply 56412/10/2013

I kind of hope that Darryl Dixon dies soon. He didn't really have a storyline this season, though spoiler upthread talked about a relationship with one of the youngins - which would just be plain weird as the character is supposed to be what? About 18 years old?

I'm just tired of all the Darryl hoopla with all the fangurls. Norman Reedus is basically a C-level actor (on a good day)who got really, really lucky. Who thinks he'll disappear into straight-to-video obscurity once his character is killed off?

by Anonymousreply 56512/10/2013

A lot of the hype for Darryl is that he doesn't have the comic book expectations baggage and most importantly, that he's written as a superhero (using a zombie as a bullet proof shield?)

A lot of comic book fans were excited for Tyrese, but the TV show has not given him the comic book's superhero treatment (being saved by children)

by Anonymousreply 56612/10/2013

To all of you folks bitching about Daryl and Beth getting together: How old is Daryl supposed to be. Thirties? If Beth is around 18 and the human population is decimated then of course age differences are meaningless. Who else is there to fuck and procreate with?

That's what would happen in reality. I remember some Armageddon-type mini-series from the 70's (I think George Kennedy was in it) about a group of survivors of a nuclear war going to the Arctic?? They drew straws to see who would spend the night with the women of childbearing age, even the married ones. Age didn't matter. This would go on until she was pregnant, sleeping with different men so no one knew who the father was, thus making each man protective of the child since he could be the father. Anyone else have any recollection of this?

by Anonymousreply 56712/10/2013

I do not think all the bitching is entirely about the age difference. Emily Kinney is a really bad actor and Norman Reedus is just okay as Darryl Dixon. It would make for a really weak pairing, character-wise. Whereas, Darryl and Carol would have been much more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 56812/10/2013

The poster with the spoilers at R559, signed off as "Es Broma" which loosely translates to "it's a joke".

by Anonymousreply 56912/10/2013

Agreed, R568.

We've both seen Carol and Daryl lose a lot of the past few years. Carol's lost her husband and daughter and Daryl lost his brother. They're both wounded survivors, we as the audience are invested in them and a love story between the two would've given this bleak series a glimmer of hope, which it's desperately lacking right now.

by Anonymousreply 57012/10/2013

Couldn't one of them have a wet dream about the other, at least?

by Anonymousreply 57112/10/2013

[quote] They're both wounded survivors, we as the audience are invested in them and a love story between the two would've given this bleak series a glimmer of hope, which it's desperately lacking right now.

The producers would say they have done that with Glenn and his girlfriend.

Clearly with Carol coming out as a lesbian, there was really nowhere to go with her and Darryl.

by Anonymousreply 57212/10/2013

Sawyer from Lost was a lot hotter than Daryl and I thought he would do big things after Lost. Don't hold much hope for Norman Reedus.

Beth is just bland and annoying, to me it's not the age difference but her personality.

by Anonymousreply 57312/10/2013

[quote] Sawyer from Lost was a lot hotter than Daryl and I thought he would do big things after Lost.

He was in Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol and did two other features. He also has a new series in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 57412/10/2013

Yes, r564. He played Dick Hickok. I always thought he was gay but he's been married for 36 years. Huh.

by Anonymousreply 57512/10/2013

I agree with your assessment of Reedus' acting skills but Daryl is one of the more interesting characters on the show and doesn't over act like Andrews, r565. I think he is well aware of his limitations as an actor and never sounds like the adulation goes to his head. He also lived an interesting life before TWD. His baby Mama is Helena Christensen! I like him.

by Anonymousreply 57612/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 57712/10/2013

I paid him $500 this past Saturday for a little cuddle.

by Anonymousreply 57812/10/2013

[quote] Where the hell did he get that kind of money?

he gets spousal support from Helena Christensen

by Anonymousreply 57912/10/2013

Well, he modeled and has been an actor for several years. First movie was Mimic and he was in the original Boondock Saints. I guess he gets paid well for TWD. He plays a hillbilly on the show, but in real life, he's a die hard New Yorker. Oh, and he gets to hang out with U2. Nice life.

by Anonymousreply 58012/10/2013

my response was for r577. Should have stated that.

by Anonymousreply 58112/10/2013

He really does get spousal and child support from Helena C., though. He's had full custody of their terribly named but very beautiful child, Mingus, since their split when he was 2. There are recent pictures of the three of them hanging out, though, so it seems like they have a good relationship, which is nice for the kid.

I've actually met Norman Reedus a few times. He's very smart and funny and shamelessly flirty in a non-sleazy way. It was lost on me, because I'm a lesbian, but I could see how it makes the straight girls' panties fly right off, and I can see why he keeps getting work despite being a mediocre actor at best. He seems beloved by his castmates, too.

by Anonymousreply 58212/10/2013

Thanks for the gossip, R582. He does seem down to earth and nice. And I really don't think Norman only dates 20 year olds - just every fairly pretty female he can get his hands on. There are stories about him taking fans back to hotel rooms. So it is fairly safe to say that he's EOE.

Do you know anything about Helena, R582? Is the story of her having this longterm relationship with Ali Hewson true??

by Anonymousreply 58312/11/2013

[quote]I guess he gets paid well for TWD.

He makes $80,000/episode. That's good money, but not a whole heck of a lot.

by Anonymousreply 58412/11/2013

80,000! That much from the cheapos at AMC? And when is 80 grand per episode not a whole heck of a lot?

by Anonymousreply 58512/11/2013

What decade are you writing from, R585? And remember that TWD is a top-rated show and Daryl Dixon is not on every episode AND there are only 16 episodes per YEAR.

Here is what some various actors make:

Peter Dinklage ‘Game of Thrones’: $150,000 per episode

Claire Danes ‘Homeland’: $250,000 per episode

Michael Weatherly ‘NCIS’: $250,000 per episode

Robin Williams ‘The Crazy Ones’: $165,000 per episode

Jason Segel ‘How I Met Your Mother’: $225,000

Ashton Kutcher ‘Two and a Half Men’: $750,000 per episode

by Anonymousreply 58612/11/2013

Peter Dinklage is criminally underpaid, judging from that list.

by Anonymousreply 58712/11/2013

Peter Dinklage is also on an HBO show, which like AMC, is notorious for not paying any actor a large salary compared to network TV.

by Anonymousreply 58812/11/2013

And Ashton Kutcher is criminally OVER paid. Cryer carries that show on his shoulders now. Which is why Kutcher rarely does more on this show than have a conversation in the kitchen with Cryer to clarify plot points in case you tuned in late. Say what you want about Sheen but he was funny and the show was worth watching when he was the star.

by Anonymousreply 58912/11/2013

Dinklage is paid by kilogram.

by Anonymousreply 59012/11/2013

R586, you're comparing apples to oranges. All of the other salaries you listed are from pay networks or network tv. They can afford to pay. The basic cable shows don't and there have been plenty of complaints about AMC including the fact that AMC would rather overpay the Mad Men people than the WD folk, so you don't need to be an ass about it.

by Anonymousreply 59112/11/2013

MAD MEN requires a level of acting that, let's be honest, WALKING DEAD does not. From a business standpoint, they're right not to be throwing huge amounts of cash at the WD cast. None of them is critical to the success of the show. As long as the make-up and SFX folks get paid, they can maintain the current level of quality just fine.

by Anonymousreply 59212/11/2013

SHANE! Just saw previews for the Frank Darabont show 'Mob City' - Shane and Dale are both in it. From the small bit I saw Shane looks good in it...

by Anonymousreply 59312/11/2013

There wouldn't be a show without that lesbian lady Carol.

by Anonymousreply 59412/11/2013

I hear that when Carol comes back she has a cane.

by Anonymousreply 59512/11/2013

Bless his little heart, but Andrew Lincoln's gonna bust a blood vessel trying to get that Emmmy nomination that will never come his way.

by Anonymousreply 59612/11/2013

Agree, R596. No matter what anyone remotely related to TWD does, they're not getting any Emmys for it. The academy is infamous for ignoring all genre shows and cult hits. Just ask Sarah Michelle Gellar, the cast of "Battlestar Galactica," etc.

by Anonymousreply 59712/12/2013

[quote]The academy is infamous for ignoring all genre shows

I know and it just breaks my heart.

by Anonymousreply 59812/12/2013

R592 Without Norman Reedus, TWD is a one/two season show. Sorry if DL doesn't like him, but even TWD realizes his value, which is why they're been trying to pimp andy for stardom. Puke.

Reedus created his role, improved on it over four seasons. If he dies (very possible at the end of season) TWD will die

I won't riot. I'll rejoice at Norman's freedom to go back to his art.

by Anonymousreply 59912/12/2013

I won't riot, either. I just probably will lose most of my interest in the show, along with the rest of the audience.

TWD's producers are well aware of this. At this point I think Michonne and Daryl are the only characters who may never die on the show, even more so than Rick.

by Anonymousreply 60012/12/2013

Reply 600 makes it clear that CAROL IS A LESBIAN!

by Anonymousreply 60112/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.