Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Countdown to Christmas

Hi.

This weekend, Hallmark Channel begins its Countdown to Christmas. It runs all through November and December.

I'm so excited.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 4610/05/2014

Can't wait! I have that warm, tingly, Christmas-y feeling already just from watching that commercial!

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 110/30/2013

Die in a Halloween fire, both of you.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 210/30/2013

It's the LEAST wonderful time of the year.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 310/30/2013

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year with Henry Winkler is my favorite of these made for tv holiday movies. I have watched it every year since 2010.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 410/30/2013

My favorite is a little seen movie with Anna Marie (Patty) Duke and Richard (Hold me, David) Masur as the parents of a tot who is kidnapped and then finds his way back to their home, just in time for Xmas, (unknown to them) as an older kid. (Stephen Dorff)

Titled "Always Remember I Love You" it is well worth a view if it pops up again this Festivus season.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 510/30/2013

My favorite Christmas flick is Recipe for a perfect Christmas.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 610/31/2013

Isn't Fort Myers somewhere near the airport?

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 710/31/2013

me too op!!

Tomorrow I take down the Halloween decorations and start with Christmas! I can hardly wait!!!

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 810/31/2013

I'm laying in a fresh supply of cocoa and polishing up my mug!

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 910/31/2013

OP, must you always be so cheerful? You empty-headed Mary Poppins knockoff.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 1010/31/2013

"The Gift of Love" with Lee Remick and Polly Holiday, and, "The House Without a Christmas Tree," Jason Robards, Mildred Natwick and Lisa Lucas(?) are my 2 faves. The former can get a bit tear-jerkery, but I love it. The latter is a bit more satisfying. I hope they're both on this year. I'm baking gingerbread cookies just in case.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 1110/31/2013

Hallmark is selling a Christmas ornament that says "Don we now our FUN apparel."

They are unapologetic about it and said they took out the word "gay" so they would not be "open to misinterpretation."

BOYCOTT!

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 1310/31/2013

r4, "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is when the urchins go back to school.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 1410/31/2013

Fetch me a mug of something warm to cradle!

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 1510/31/2013

I have two favorites:

Borrowed Hearts, starring Eric McCormack who buys Roma Downey Jr and her daughter for the holidays and pretends they are his family.

On the Second Day of Christmas, starring Mary Stuart Masterson as a grifter, who along with her niece get caught stealing in a department store and get sent home with Mark Ruffalo, the piano playing store security guard.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 1710/31/2013

For my the holidays start with an annual viewing of a 1992 TV classic "Smells Like Home" starring Jennifer Grey as a woman who gets a nose transplant after a terrible accident leaves her own nose burned off. Turns out the donor nose belonged to Meg Tilly, who ran away from home and died on the harsh streets of LA. Jennifer begins to smell Christmas cookies baked by Meg's mom (Marion Ross) and sets out to find her. So heartwarming and I cry at the climax when Jennifer tells Marion "she always loved you, I can smell her love"...

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 1810/31/2013

David Conrad, Carla Guggino, Patty Duke Astin, "A Season For Miracles".

"The Christmas Card", with onetime Superboy John Haymes Newton. Unspeakable, from Ed Asner to...well, A to Z, but that is one puuuurrty fella.

Any Hallmark movie with Ken Marino.

Cupping my mug of Christmas Sleepy Time with Christina Ferrare...

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 1911/01/2013

Hey, what about me?

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 2011/01/2013

Oh, [bold]Thanksgiving[/bold], you need not worry yourself!

Hallmark Channel will re-broadcast, come this Sunday at 4 p.m. ET, last year's spectacular [italic]Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade[/italic] starring spunky Autumn Reeser and hunky Antonio Cupo.

I must say I am really looking forward, a week from now, to the Saturday, Nov. 9 premiere of [italic]Snow Bride[/italic]! The title alone is one I cannot resist.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 2111/01/2013

I love SEASON FOR MIRACLES, R18. David Conrad is beautiful!

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 2211/01/2013

All those Lifetime/Hallmark/ABC Family Christmas rom coms of recent years can be fun because they usually have a really hunky guy in the lead.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 2311/01/2013

Last night's Halloween episode of Frasier was so filled with silent moments - they actually censored words - I think ass was one of them - so as to not offend their viewers! This was a network show from 20 years ago!

There movies are so WHITE and bland - they are the living embodiment of the tea party.

Any gay man or woman braindead enough to still watch this network after their replace "gay" with "fun" in an old song - as if "gay" in 2013 was objectionable is the clearest indicator of gay self-loathing.

Obviously OP you can keep-up this thread and open other ones about Hallmark, but I and others also have the right to remind you of their actions regarding the word gay.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 2411/01/2013

There = Their

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 2511/01/2013

I hate this. Soon they're going to stop showing Golden Girls until January. :(

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 2611/01/2013

r16 I know! I'm gettin' all misty. r18 No offense intended, but you're kidding, right? A Christmas NOSE???

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 2711/01/2013

Christmas Traditions: When Joanne (Brenda Strong) and Carl Worthington (John Schneider) prepare for the holidays in New England, they learn their newlywed daughter Ashley (Kaley Cuoco) won't be able to make the trip home. Her new husband Grayson (Jason Ritter) is a rookie cop who has to work on Christmas. Their solution? Pack up their gifts and younger daughter Sarah (Kristi Lauren) and head to Chicago to bring Christmas to Ashley. The only problem is Nana "Charlie" Charlotte (Barbara Eden), Joanne's mother, who has never spent the holidays away from her own home. Will Charlie break her Christmas tradition to start a new tradition for Ashley?

Debuts Saturday 9:00pm, Nov. 23rd on Hallmark.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 2811/02/2013

For the OP of the thread who complained about these threads.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 2909/16/2014

m

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 3009/16/2014

Good, let's bump this instead of the one where the stupid OP fucked up with the bold.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 3109/16/2014

Careful, OP. That fucking mouse with a twig up its ass might just put in an early appearance.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 3209/16/2014

There's an I Love Christmas page on Facebook with a bazillion likes. All through October through January the moderator posts photos of Christmas things to buy with a link where it can be purchased -- most all are linked to Amazon. You have to wonder how much he/she is getting paid by Amazon. There are almost daily posts throughout the year, but it really ramps up in October.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 3309/17/2014

Thanksgiving doesn't exist anymore.

I decided to avoid the rain last Saturday and cut through Macy's to get from 6th Ave to 7th, and they already have their Christmas department set up on the Ninth Floor.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 3409/17/2014

I'm so excited, and I'm happy too.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 3509/17/2014

The Christmas Pageant

Shawna (Lacey Chabert) has just started teaching at Woodrow Wilson Elementary, and has been assigned to put on the annual Christmas pageant with her fellow new teacher, Paul (Chris Lowell). Shawna initially finds Paul very attractive, but grows frustrated by his frequent unannounced absences and obvious lack of interest in the pageant. Shawna recruits her fellow teacher and BFF Toni (Countess Vaughn) to convince Paul to take a more active role, and hopefully spark some holiday romance at the same time, but their efforts are a comical failure. Paul remains pre-occupied. But through a chance meeting with Paul's sister Blair (Michelle Borth), Shawna learns that Paul is working a second job and is primary caregiver for his ailing father Joe (Jeff Fahey). Can Shawna handle her new job, the pageant, and help Paul nurse his father back to health all before Christmas Eve - and find love at the same time? Co-starring Terrence Jenkins as Toni's husband, Jackson, and Shelley Long as Principal Lenore Hodges.

Debuts Saturday, November 8th on Hallmark.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 3609/17/2014

I love Christmas, it truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Can't wait.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 3709/17/2014

Can't wait til Halloween! Christmas starts the day after!

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 3809/17/2014

Some indeed anticipate festive bliss, starting now.

As against all that, I aways enjoy Dataloungers who share detailed accounts of Thanksgiving and Christmas endurance tests - which are so often familial horror stories.

Please don't let us down this year, all you connoisseurs of dysfunction!

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 3909/18/2014

^ always

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 4009/18/2014

This thread is making the bitch who complained about it being bumped yesterday

MOIST

with anticipation

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 4109/18/2014

f

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 4209/19/2014

Is Lacey Chabert a fundie?

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 4309/19/2014

What the fuck with this thread

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 4409/19/2014

I just heard "Run Rudolph Run" on the radio. I'm planning to boycott that damn station until January.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 4510/05/2014

Just inform me when "The Christmas Cottage" is on, OP.

by Fort Myers, Florida Fraureply 4610/05/2014
Need more help? Click Here.