Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How do you help yourself to stop thinking obsessively about something?

I find it hard to get my mind off a topic once it starts worrying me.

by Anonymousreply 1010/30/2013

pills

by Anonymousreply 110/30/2013

OP is Mrs. Romney. Look Ann, you're dying to wear that garish, overpriced inaugural gown to a swearing in. Haven't you heard Mitt cussing in the bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 210/30/2013

I've read that pills can make the condition worse, R1.

by Anonymousreply 310/30/2013

then you have the wrong pills op! Ativan! Xanax! Ambien! Dolls!

by Anonymousreply 410/30/2013

Choink!

by Anonymousreply 510/30/2013

Sometimes you have to just let it run its course in your mind, perseveration can mean that you haven't come to the point you need to about it, the place where you can put it away.

by Anonymousreply 610/30/2013

Could be obsessive compulsive disorder. Do you have a lot of anxiety? My best friend dealt with it for years, trying to cope on his own. That's not something you want to mess around with. Find out everything you can about it. The disorder can take over your life and cause a lot of depression and other problems. He got help and now at the age of 64 feels great but he suffered with it from the age of approximately 15 to 58.

by Anonymousreply 710/30/2013

Put an elastic band around your wrist. Everytime you start thinking about it, pull and SNAP.

Each and every time.

by Anonymousreply 810/30/2013

Stop obsessing over the word "Methinks" op.

by Anonymousreply 910/30/2013

This kind of question on the DL is always stupid.

OP - you have a mental problem. Psychiatry is your friend and it's made for exactly this sort of thing. See a doctor, get help, get a prescription. What you've "heard" is not from a licensed professional who has personally evaluated your case.

Don't look for cures on the interwebs. Go. To. A. DOCTOR.

by Anonymousreply 1010/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.