Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Little People, Big World New Season

The family is all back together to help with the new season of weddings on the farm. Jeremy still looks hot, Jacob is turning out to be handsome. The problem this season is their dog Rocky. He has cancer and it looks like they will have to put him down. Tuesdays 9:00 EST TLC

by Anonymousreply 6303/12/2014

This show is the bomb. Zach is such a fuck up but as of their last episodes, he was dating a non-dwarf girl. The dad is such a dreamer.

by Anonymousreply 110/29/2013

Double the adventures with half the halflings.

by Anonymousreply 210/29/2013

Jacob seemed mentally ill with serious emotional, personality, and behavioral problems last season.

by Anonymousreply 310/29/2013

I think the mother is really mean to her husband. I remember last season they want on a vacation which involved a lot of physical input and she knows that her husband has to walk with crutches. He was unable to participate with his famliy and I think it really hurt him.

I do love this show because despite their disability, they did so much with their lives,building a successful business, building that farm and constantly doing things and working. I really am in awe of them and I give them a lot of credit. They could have said, I can't do anything because I'm disable. However, there is no excuse for a messy house and it is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 410/29/2013

Okay yes, I love this show. I'm recording it and will watch it after work (working nights right now).

I don't like the whole wedding business thing -- even the pumpkin business was less boring to me. But, love it when any of the kids are there. Yes Zach is always the black sheep. He used to say he wanted to be a teacher and would probably make a decent one, so why isn't he going toward that -- or his he now?

Jacob hasn't really said much on the show over the years and to me always looks depressed or something -- maybe being the youngest he feels left out or is stressed having to suffer Matt and Amy's seemingly schizophrenic relationship -- arguing and disagreeing about everything, then laughing and hugging it up without a care in the world.

Molly is the brain and Jeremy is yes, hot. Is he still studying photography in California? That's sad about Rocky. We had a boxer when I was a kid too.

by Anonymousreply 510/29/2013

Well R4, I keep a tidy house myself, but I've always still admired Amy for letting this huge flaw show on TV. So many people would be phony about it and pretend their house is perfect for the cameras even when it isn't. So I admire Amy for that. I used to both laugh and be shocked at how incredibly messy Jeremy and Zach's room at home together was!

by Anonymousreply 610/29/2013

It seems like Jacob has grown up in the shadow of his 2 older brothers and their apparently epic adventures on the farm. When Jeremy was around, he had a really tight group of friends and Zach was part of that by default. The older boys also shared a room. Jacob is the typical overlooked youngest child. By the time he's grown enough to hang with his brothers, they are already gone. And the parents have always seemed less present with Jacob than with the older kids. They really put the older twins on a pedestal.

by Anonymousreply 710/29/2013

I always heard Zach saying he wants to be a soccer coach. I never heard him say he wanted to be a teacher.

Last season he continued to work at the sporting facility and also does coaching of young person's soccer teams and plays soccer himself.

He has not seemed together enough to get an education and develop marketable skills and obtain job training. But maybe the soccer coaching will work out to be his profession.

Zach's girlfriend is normal sized, quite attractive, smart, and has been attending college to become a teacher. I do not understand what she sees in Zach.

Jeremy has a serious girlfriend and it appears they will eventually marry. He took her on the family trip to Costa Rica and she was on camera quite a bit. Last season, he was still in Santa Barbara studying photography.

Jacob really has serious emotional problems.

by Anonymousreply 810/29/2013

Rocky died on June 26, 2013. Check out this site. Lots of people commenting about how bad this family is.

by Anonymousreply 910/30/2013

I find this family off putting. They treat each other so harshly and without civility. The only one who appears decent is the midget twin. Their premises always appear unclean as well.

by Anonymousreply 1010/30/2013

Jeremy's friend Jacob Mueller got married on the farm. It will probably be on the show this season. Jacob has an Asian girlfriend. Bet she gets pregnant before he turns 17 in January.

by Anonymousreply 1110/30/2013

WOW! R9, I checked out your link and read the comments. There are a lot of very pissed off people who think the famliy are trash. Everyone should read the comments in R9 link.

by Anonymousreply 1210/31/2013

It's like watching a cartoon, they never grow up.

by Anonymousreply 1410/31/2013

They seem very trashy and unclean.

by Anonymousreply 1510/31/2013

R16, why would you expect a show about a white family to necessarily have people of color on the show?

The show is the everyday life of the family on their farm and land, their vacations, their interactions at home.

Just a ridiculous point and expectation you are voicing, R16.

by Anonymousreply 1710/31/2013

R13, the people on that website calling them rude and stuck up because all the of the family members (except the youngest son) refuse to interact with fans on social media.

No one should expect the Roloffs to interact with fans on social media.

So the people on the website calling them names are absurd and extremely juvenile and immature.

by Anonymousreply 1810/31/2013

[quote]The show is super white, as white as the Duggars' show. The only person of color is Camerino the farm helper, but he doesn't seem to be treated badly. Is Oregon this white?

They could always hire some black people to pretend to be friends with the family, but, wouldn't that be even worse?

by Anonymousreply 2011/01/2013

R16 Learn to check facts before you make a big deal out of nothing.

Hillsboro, Oregon -- home of the Roloffs -- is 73.3% white according to the 2010 census. The show centers around the family, who is white.

I like that this show keeps things a real as possible for TV. Yes the house is "unclean" and whatever. If you don't like the flaws, don't watch. And thanks R18. Yes, the so-called fans are way out of line if they expect the Roloffs to interact with them on social media. That's why the TLC shows typically have an episode or two answering fans' questions. People in their right mind wouldn't expect a reality show family to spend their free time communicating with fans. Do they not have lives -- and friends -- of their own?

by Anonymousreply 2111/01/2013

I saw Amy walking around downtown Portland with an albino midget. He had pink eyes. Freaked me out.

by Anonymousreply 2311/01/2013

R16, Oregon is fairly white, a lot of it is still quite rural. The midgets live in Hillsboro, sometimes called Hills-burrito (by Josh Roloff!) because of the high numbers of Hispanics. Theyre out in the sticks, about 45 minutes away from Portland, which is quite colorful and fun.

by Anonymousreply 2411/01/2013

R22 you're just ridiculous. There's no need "to check that fact" about "how many gay people are in Hillsboro" because everyone except you seems to know that the show is about "these Right-wing Christian stains." Plus the show centers mainly on the farm and there aren't close neighbors. So hey, if that's not what you want to watch, don't watch it. Only watch shows with gay people in them.

by Anonymousreply 2511/01/2013

Yes, they prefer the term tiny people.

by Anonymousreply 2711/01/2013

Jeremy, sorry.

Midget is bad. Ok. How about munchkin? Sounds cute, like little doughnuts!

by Anonymousreply 2811/01/2013

Those with taste prefer The Little Family about a dwarf couple and their adopted Chinese baby. But I read that the dad on the show has to contend with the filthiest fan mail on reality TV.

by Anonymousreply 2911/01/2013

I also watch The Little Couple. Have they now changed it to The Little Family R29? They are going to also adopt a little person baby girl from India and yes already have the boy from China. Why would people send Bill "the filthiest fan mail on reality TV"? What people on reality shows have to put up with ...

by Anonymousreply 3111/01/2013

"you shouldn't call people dwarf or queer unless they refer to themselves as such."

So if a black person refers to himself as the N word, should we call him that?

by Anonymousreply 3211/01/2013

R31 - Bill is pretty attractive. I could see him getting a lot of female and male mail.

by Anonymousreply 3311/01/2013

I see, R30. It's kind of confusing because I thought dwarf was acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 3411/01/2013

R16 is ridiculous.

Should all of the all-black situation comedies have white people positioned on the series to meet some sort of token presence or token diversity?

No, of course not.

And there are and have been tons of all-black situation comedies on TV.

Should Bravo's Atlanta Housewives show have white people positioned among all the all-black cast? No.

by Anonymousreply 3511/02/2013

These midgets are unclean. Only the midget boy deserves pity for how the others threat him.

by Anonymousreply 3611/02/2013

They are cute and adorable.

by Anonymousreply 3711/02/2013

Yes, I agree, R37, The Roloffs "are cute and adorable" -- unlike R37 who is ignorant and immature.

by Anonymousreply 3811/03/2013

Sorry meant R36 for the last part.

by Anonymousreply 3911/03/2013

They are filthy and trashy. They have no place on television.

by Anonymousreply 4011/03/2013

Give it up R36. R40. Obviously, yes they do "have a place on television" since their first episode debuted on TLC 8 1/2 years ago and they're still on!!! Don't watch it if you don't like it, but to call them disgusting names, even if this is DL, just makes you look like the "filthy and trashy" one!!

by Anonymousreply 4111/03/2013

[quote] I don't care if they are short, that is no reason for them to keep such a dirty, unkempt home.

Why does everyone want to persecute midgets? We think it's terrible.

Dirty home? Really?

Will the Swiffer company please send them a big box? That will solve everything.

by Anonymousreply 4311/03/2013

I think the dirty house is just shtick. They are millionaires and could afford plenty of household staff. They keep it that way for the cameras. There is nothing real about any reality TV show.

by Anonymousreply 4711/03/2013

How would they be millionaires? How much does TLC pay them? Remember when the Roloffs had a side business of selling accessibility kits to hotels (for little people to reach stuff)?

by Anonymousreply 4811/03/2013

Care to elaborate, r44?

by Anonymousreply 4911/03/2013

Yes, please, R44 . Do tell.

I've always received a bad vibe from that family.

by Anonymousreply 5011/03/2013

"I've always received a bad vibe from that family."

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 5111/04/2013

R48, Matt, the father, had or has, a successful business before the show started having to do with those boats that glide in the swamps in the Everglades.

by Anonymousreply 5211/05/2013

This show is now just a big ad for their wedding business.

by Anonymousreply 5311/19/2013

Jeremy looks hotter now. Perhaps he has matured. Any recent pictures of his ass to share?

I still think the family are dirty and unkempt.

by Anonymousreply 5411/19/2013

That wedding last night was done very badly. I felt really sorry for the bride and groom who were super nice about everything.

I think Jeremy is getting married because they showed a preview for next week and Jeremy says he thinks he might be the first Roloff to get married in the barn.

I think his twin brother who is a little person, broke up with his girlfriend because he moved back with his parents and he seemed sad. He didn't mention his girlfriend which is strange and I got a vibe they broke up.

by Anonymousreply 5611/20/2013

I haven't seen this week's episode yet, R56, -- have it recorded -- but, it's been an underlying theme through the show that Tori, Zach's girlfriend, who's got her shit together and her education and goals to be a teacher, isn't probably going to give Zach much more time to grow up (no pun intended!) and get on track to a career etc. In a recent episode, Zach was going to summer school, but he still seemed to be more about talking about what he should do than actually doing it. So who knows? But Tori was on last week's episode, participating in the Family Games Day with Amy making comments that Tori was like part of the family ...

by Anonymousreply 5711/20/2013

"'Little People, Big World' Stars Matt and Amy Roloff Separate"

I never saw any real love between these two.

by Anonymousreply 5803/12/2014

March 25 new episode -- Yay!

I love this show!

by Anonymousreply 5903/12/2014

Haha! I can't stand them especially her. She seems unclean.

by Anonymousreply 6003/12/2014

There's some hot little people out there. I want to suck off DwarfGuru.

by Anonymousreply 6103/12/2014

Do reality shows ever work out for people who star on them?

by Anonymousreply 6203/12/2014

R60, she admitted to never washing her hands.

by Anonymousreply 6303/12/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!