Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Which celebs are truly anorexic, as in their doctor has made that diagnosis in their medical chart?

Angelina, Tori Spelling, and Renee Z. come to mind.

by Anonymousreply 5611/02/2013

Mrs. harrison Ford

by Anonymousreply 210/29/2013

Nicole Richie

Rachel Zoe

Mary Kate "Fetal Alcohol Monkey Face" Olsen

Anushka Sharma

Victoria Beckham

Keira Knightley

There are lots of them.

by Anonymousreply 310/29/2013

The sad thing is the minute you see a curve on a woman, the internet is calling her fat. No wonder these actresses/celebs are wasting away.

by Anonymousreply 410/29/2013

Lara Flynn Boyle

by Anonymousreply 510/29/2013

True R4. Today Marilyn Monroe would be called a fugly heifer. Ditto Ava Gardner. The emaciated look is not my idea of attractive but it has become the norm and there's so much pressure to conform.

by Anonymousreply 610/29/2013

I think the tide is turning. More and more you see full-figure gals on TV and in print.

"STARVING" has not been a good look historically.

by Anonymousreply 710/29/2013

The rhing that interests me is there is literally many, many millions waiting to be made creating high fashion for larger women, but no one claims it. Eventuallly someone will and they will be set for life

by Anonymousreply 910/29/2013

Victoria Beckham has so clearly been malnourished for years - she hides her disorder so badly, and looks haggard, rigid, and older than her years.

by Anonymousreply 1010/29/2013

That anorexic blond on "Modern Family". Boy is her body disgusting, yet she acts as if she's so HOT.

Even Sofia Vergara has lost some weight since she started on that show.

When did a woman looking like a skinny teenage boy become acceptable?

That fug model Karlie Kloss (a fake name, I presume?) is absolutely disgusting, Kate Moss has more curves! Kloss looks like she has fetal alcohol syndrome.

Most of today's model are generic, odd looking, even skinnier than what was the norm in the 60s, 70s, 80 and 90s.

Who was that model who was fighting against models being too thin, Coco Rocha I think? Well, now she's even anorexic looking. So much for believing in a cause, especially where money is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 1110/29/2013

how the hell would we have access to their doctor's charts?

by Anonymousreply 1210/29/2013

fucking Kelly Ripa. disgusting body.

This shit started in the 70s and has continued ever since. I think the use of drugs by celebs in the 70s such as cocaine led to it being a trend.

I think women look best when they're fit-as in, they work out, have a bit of tone and aren't bone-thin. I hate the skinny look.

by Anonymousreply 1310/29/2013

Audrey Hepburn, in her grave, is almost now thin enough. Give her a couple more years of decomposition.

by Anonymousreply 1410/29/2013

Victoria Beckham and Angelina Jolie. Jolie seems to be drug addict, too.

by Anonymousreply 1510/29/2013

Christina Ricci looks ill, I'm amazed Lara Flynn Boyle is still alive and Terri Hatcher could do with a sammitch. I think R8 has a point, if male fashion designers were hetero they would want women to look like women, with all the curves that a healthy woman of childbearing age should have.

It's not just women though, the amount of malnourished boys is scary. Late teens/early twenties you should be in the best physical shape of your life, not having stick thin limbs and all your ribs on display.

by Anonymousreply 1610/29/2013

Jennifer Connelly looks like she has body image issues. Her face looks manly from the loss of body fat.

by Anonymousreply 1710/29/2013

Allegra Versace

by Anonymousreply 1810/29/2013

"you should be in the best physical shape of your life, not having stick thin limbs and all your ribs on display."

R16, that us the best physical shape.

by Anonymousreply 1910/29/2013

Is

by Anonymousreply 2010/29/2013

[quote]Jennifer Connelly looks like she has body image issues. Her face looks manly from the loss of body fat.

See linked thread about Jennifer Connelly:

[bold]I have some gossip

Not terribly exciting though. Jennifer Connelly has lost a ton of weight and her friends are worried that she has become anorexic. My bff is a friend of hers and apparently her husband made a crack about her getting old and fat (asshole) and she freaked out.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 2210/29/2013

Kelly Ripa's body in a swim suit is ghastly looking.

She looks skeletal in a swim suit and like a starving African.

by Anonymousreply 2310/29/2013

"Continuing her fight against unhealthy body image ideals, plus-size model Robyn Lawley spoke about the 'thigh gap' trend, which demands legs so thin that they do not touch above the knees, on the Today show this morning."

I love her. Gorgeous too.

by Anonymousreply 2410/29/2013

[quote]This shit started in the 70s and has continued ever since.

I think it started in the 60s with Twiggy.

by Anonymousreply 2510/29/2013

Did no one see Prada? Helen Gurly Brown, Anna Wintour....these are the reasons girls can't have pudding nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 2710/30/2013

There has been an unfortunate rise in the numbers of teen boys and young men developing eating disorders, including anorexia. There are also those who feel the need to exercise to extremes and other measures to create a body that matches those that seem most admired.

I'm 38, long past the usual age of eating disorders I think, and being beaten about by bulimia. I hope none of my nieces or nephews tumble down this route. Can't imagine what it would be like having an ED when under such scrutiny as celebrities face.

by Anonymousreply 2810/30/2013

Kate Bosworth

by Anonymousreply 2910/30/2013

Zayn Malik from One Direction

by Anonymousreply 3010/30/2013

Kate Bosworth looks skeletal. Just alarming. And she just got married. Although, her husband looks anorexic as well. I guess her bullshit story about being so broken up about Orlando was just that.

by Anonymousreply 3110/30/2013

Gosh, I thought anorexia was a medical diagnosis not a weight.

by Anonymousreply 3210/30/2013

Isn't the prime age for starting a modeling career around 15 or 16? That's when a lot of women are naturally coltish-looking to begin with, and they can be underweight and still look great. Plus it's the typical age for eating disorders to develop. But then a model's career usually doesn't go beyond her early twenties so by the time she starts looking like death warmed over she'd be out of a job anyway.

The problem with actresses is that it takes years to develop a career, and just as you're at the age when you have serious name recognition and a shot at real stardom you're at the age where the ugly side effects of years of anorexia-bulimia start becoming more and more visible. So it's "Death Becomes Her" as they frantically try to paper over the ugly with botox and collagen etc.

by Anonymousreply 3310/30/2013

Sookie Stackhouse. Anna Paquin lost too much weight after the birth of her twins. She looked so haggard and bony on this season of True Blood that my alarm over her appearance often took me out of the story. This is sad because Anna always looked great and didn't seem to suffer from the negative body issues that plague most young actresses. Sookie, for the love of Lafayette, eat a Sammie!

by Anonymousreply 3410/30/2013

Just to even things out a bit. Dennis Quaid was anorexic for a long while. Doctor certified anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 3510/30/2013

Carson Daly

by Anonymousreply 3610/30/2013

I know Halloween is coming up r36 but did you have to scare the behesus out of me with that picture of The Nightmare After Jimmy Fallon? Christ, he looks like a cartoon skeleton.

by Anonymousreply 3710/30/2013

I have to agree that Kelly Ripa is shockingly thin. I saw her at the beginning of her show this week and couldn't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 3810/30/2013

[quote]if male fashion designers were hetero they would want women to look like women, with all the curves that a healthy woman of childbearing age should have.

Couture simply looks best on skinny (underweight) people. I thought everyone knew that.

by Anonymousreply 3910/30/2013

One of the huge problems with fashion and the larger women is that women simply refuse to wear foundation garments. It is impossible for fabric to hang nicely if one has as many rolls as the Micheline Man.

by Anonymousreply 4010/30/2013

ITA with the posters who've said young men are getting just as bad about wanting to be thin.

I never cared about a 6-pack and I still think it looks weird (not attractive). These young men starving themselves look horrible. They aren't working out to get muscle (which is sexy), they are simply starving to be thin and they look terrible. Much older than they should.

by Anonymousreply 4110/30/2013

[quote]Not terribly exciting though. Jennifer Connelly has lost a ton of weight and her friends are worried that she has become anorexic. My bff is a friend of hers and apparently her husband made a crack about her getting old and fat (asshole) and she freaked out.

I saw her filming a movie last month. She looks alarming in person.

by Anonymousreply 4210/30/2013

[quote]Isn't the prime age for starting a modeling career around 15 or 16?

Try 13 or 14.

by Anonymousreply 4310/30/2013

"Women love to blame men for this shit, but this is all coming from women"

There's plenty from women, but some gay and straight men also love to dump this bullshit on women. Certain gay and straight men will complain that real women don't look like the starved, spraypainted, photoshopped images in the media, and they certainly feel free to tell women how they ought to look.

FYI a healthy, adequately nourished woman does not have six-pack abs. Women are not men, and it's hard enough for a man to get a six-pack.

by Anonymousreply 4610/30/2013

I find it so hard to believe that straight men find skeletal women desirable.

by Anonymousreply 4810/30/2013

Some do, r48. For whatever reason, wealthier men prefer skeletal women. I suppose it is a sign of status in our time.

by Anonymousreply 4910/30/2013

[quote]I think it started in the 60s with Twiggy.

The BIG difference is that Twiggy didn't need to starve to be that thin, when she was discovered, she was naturally a very skinny young woman in her late teens.

IIRC, the story was that she was discovered as a teen student when some modeling scout came to her school.

by Anonymousreply 5011/02/2013

Lots of people are naturally skinny. I had a super skinny late aunt, she was a chef of all things. I remember she was always eating and taking great pleasure in food. She loved making and eating desserts.

You can always tell a woman with an eating disorder, they seem to always be talking about food and not in the same way fraus talk about food, these overly thin women always bring up food or someone 'being fat" in conversations.

You could be talking about music or a film, then the conversation suddenly veers to some female singer or actress being "fat".

This seems to be a pattern with anorexic and bulimic women, they are obsessed with getting fat. I've worked with many over the years. Even if they don't have overweight people in their families, their fear of fat is very extreme.

One day, another woman in the department brought her toddler in while she was on vacation. The kid was a bit chubby, not fat. The bulimics told the woman her son was "fat" and she'd "better watch out", because he had "wide feet". These women were so unhappy and deeply depressed and obsessed with not getting fat, I wonder whatever became of them. They were both in their early 30s.

The so-called "fat" toddler, is now a tall slim teenager!

I noticed this obsession, obsessing about fat, with several women I'd worked with over the years, they were all bulimics and anorexics. There was not one single day where they didn't talk about fat and/pr weight, if not their own, someone else.

It's clear this situation is about much more than just being thin to wear certain fashions. It's about control and other mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 5111/02/2013

Kelly "Don't Fear the" Ripa.

by Anonymousreply 5211/02/2013

[quote]I noticed this obsession, obsessing about fat, with several women I'd worked with over the years, they were all bulimics and anorexics. There was not one single day where they didn't talk about fat and/pr weight, if not their own, someone else.

That would be a horrible way to live.

by Anonymousreply 5311/02/2013

There's an Irish actress named Antonia Campbell Hughes who is scary skinny. She claims she lost weight for a role, but she was very thin before she was cast.

by Anonymousreply 5411/02/2013

Kelly Ripa looks absolutely disgusting, she is the poster girl for the lollipop head syndrome!

The skinnier she gets, the bigger her head looks.

by Anonymousreply 5511/02/2013

R54, when your shoes look like they weigh more than your total body weight, you most definitely have a problem.

R55, I caught the Cory tribute (glee)on Fox last night and I had the same "Lollipop" thought about Naya Rivera. She looked so thin. Just a head on a stick body. She was always thin but now she seems frighteningly so.

by Anonymousreply 5611/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.