Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

No more squinty eyes for Renee Zelwegger?

Seems in her forced time away from the movie screen, (she was last seen in a direct to dvd movie in 2010) she had some work done.

It looks like she had some kind of eye lift surgery? But what else? She does not look liker herself anymore.

by Anonymousreply 12810/23/2014

WTF? Did she have her cheek bones shaved down? That's not even her!

Whatever she did to her eyes, they're still just as small.

My god.

by Anonymousreply 110/29/2013

She's kind of starting to look Helen Hunt-ish.

by Anonymousreply 210/29/2013

Are you sure that's not Christina Applegate ?!

by Anonymousreply 310/29/2013

Wow. She is unrecognizable.

by Anonymousreply 410/29/2013

Renee Z's eyes : Jennifer Grey's nose

by Anonymousreply 510/29/2013

Aww, that's a shame. People ragged on her eyes so much and now they're going to slam her for getting them done.

by Anonymousreply 610/29/2013

She hasn't worked in years.

by Anonymousreply 710/29/2013

That's exactly what I thought, R3.

by Anonymousreply 810/29/2013

She's done other things than eyes. I'm not an expert, but her mouth is not the same and the way her face sort of folded into the middle with the eyes and rosebud mouth is not the same anymore. She has reconstructed her face.

by Anonymousreply 910/29/2013

Her eyes did look painfully squinty before, both squinty and swollen somehow.

by Anonymousreply 1010/29/2013

She's still not eating.

by Anonymousreply 1110/29/2013

It looks like somebody spent a little time in South Korea.

by Anonymousreply 1210/29/2013

Her career was a fluke to begin with, R7.

by Anonymousreply 1310/29/2013

What r7 said, although I found her very appealing in that thing she did with Tom Cruise.

Still, I'd love to know what was behind her break-up with Kenny Chesney when lots of bearding relatioships thrive, theirs didn't. I wonder why.....

by Anonymousreply 1410/29/2013

She filed for divorce citing "fraud."

by Anonymousreply 1510/29/2013

I remember that, r15. Did he lie about being gay and he's really straight?

by Anonymousreply 1610/29/2013

I thought she was good in CHICAGO, BRIDGET JONES' DIARY, NURSE BETTY and THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD (?). That's more good performances than most actresses are lucky to have in a career. The backlash against her seemed to come out of nowhere. I've never understood why people turned on her so vehemently and her subsequent disappearance makes me think she didn't understand either.

by Anonymousreply 1710/29/2013

She does look unrecognizable. The squinty eyes were her look. But I think she actually looks better, and more mature (in a good way).

by Anonymousreply 1810/29/2013

R17, your crucially place question mark leaves us wondering what's up with that brain of yours. Too lazy to Google? After all, good performances are not a matter of actresses' luck, are they? They're a matter of talent and craft.

People always had it in for her, in a way. And I think it had a lot to do with that face - the pukey-pouty look. Now she looks like a mannequin.

And she really wasn't much good in anything. She was lucky.

by Anonymousreply 1910/29/2013

She looks good, whoever she was.

by Anonymousreply 2110/29/2013

She's lost a lot of weight. Some people's faces just cave in when they do that.

by Anonymousreply 2210/29/2013

All that work and she couldn't spring for some face powder to take the edge off that shine?

by Anonymousreply 2310/29/2013

She's gone all Jennifer Grey on us. Totally unrecognizable.

by Anonymousreply 2410/29/2013

She looks very German in that pic - shades of Steffi Graf.

by Anonymousreply 2510/29/2013

I think she's gone the Jodie Foster route and is directing and producing.

by Anonymousreply 2610/29/2013

W+W R21

by Anonymousreply 2710/29/2013

What is a Zelwegger? How does one go about Zellwegging?

by Anonymousreply 2810/29/2013

She had her eyelids done, or rather she got some. She had the over hanging eye lid skin removed, which is what gave her the squinty look.

by Anonymousreply 2910/29/2013

she looks like Kristen Wiig with blonde hair.....hehe still don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 3010/29/2013

Resembles Liv Ulmann

by Anonymousreply 3110/29/2013

she looks good.

by Anonymousreply 3210/29/2013

She looks much better. I wonder if any interviewer will dare to ask her what she had done or even comment on her (new) appearance

by Anonymousreply 3310/29/2013

Wow, her eyes are all opened up wide now, and she looks remarkably great.

And yes, she looks like a different person with her eyes now surgically opened up and the squintiness removed.

A vast improvement.

by Anonymousreply 3410/29/2013

When she went in, she told the butchers she wanted to look like Joan Allen. And they obliged.

by Anonymousreply 3510/29/2013

I honestly suspect this is a case of mistaken identity - that looks NOTHING like Renee Zellweger.

by Anonymousreply 3610/29/2013

R33, why would an interviewer ask what she has had done?

It is very obvious that she had skin removed from her eyelids surgically and other surgical procedures to open the eyes.

It also appears that she maybe had some surgical procedure(s) done on her face.

by Anonymousreply 3710/29/2013

She looks better.

by Anonymousreply 3810/29/2013

An interviewer would ask, R37, because the several surgeries she has had have changed her look so drastically that she no longer looks like Renee Zelwegger.

I think she looks a bit like DL fave Sarah Paulson if Paulson hadn't jacked up her lips.

by Anonymousreply 3910/29/2013

R36. True. Now she looks like me.

by Anonymousreply 4010/29/2013

She was "squinty" looking because she is half Lapp.

by Anonymousreply 4110/29/2013

"Remarkably great?" What horseshit. She looks different, not great.

Her forehead is shining like a beacon.

I guess her career is over now.

by Anonymousreply 4210/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 4310/29/2013

I've always enjoyed every thing I saw her in. Cold Mountain, Chicago, The Bridget films...everything. She's been in huge, huge films. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 4410/29/2013

I'm glad she got her eyes fixed.

Does Joseph Gordon Levitt need his eyes fixed?

How about James Franco?

by Anonymousreply 4510/29/2013

R19, your crucially forgotten 'd' leads me to ask what drugs you're on and whether you'd like to share? Sorry for posting without double checking all of my references first. What I meant is that most actresses now are lucky to get three or four good roles in their careers. But it wouldn't have made a difference I'm sure, so eager were you to prove your superiority. Congratulations, you won the Internet today, your opinion is the best!!!

by Anonymousreply 4610/29/2013

I liked her looking the way she was. I don't recognize that woman in the photo. And I find this whole thing very depressing.

by Anonymousreply 4710/29/2013

R47. I guess, though, if she had been brutally unhappy with the cosmetic results, she didn't have to go out in bright light and have her picture taken. After all, it's not as if she's promoting something about to be released.

by Anonymousreply 4810/29/2013

Looks unlike her OR C. Applegatge.

by Anonymousreply 4910/29/2013

She was cute already. Why does everyone need to look the same? It bugs me.

by Anonymousreply 5010/29/2013

Maybe she got tired of people mocking her squinty eyes.

by Anonymousreply 5110/29/2013

I feel bad for her. She had squinty eyes because she is a Sami. That's how they look. It was kind of racist to make fun of her for it.

by Anonymousreply 5210/29/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5310/29/2013

'Eyes! Eyes! Open them wide! I want to see your eyes!'

by Anonymousreply 5410/29/2013

lol if you look down on the the OPs post, it has the story of Renee's "effortless" style - curiously, no mention of the efforts of her stylist, hairdresser, colorist, personal trainer, the poor Asians sweating over the sewing machine churning out that Armani stuff, and most importantly, her plastic surgeon.....

by Anonymousreply 5510/29/2013

[quote]She hasn't worked in years.

She never should have been so big in the first place. No one ever asked for a "Renee Zelwegger movie".

by Anonymousreply 5610/30/2013

I think she looks 1000x better than she did at the Oscars when she was clearly blitzed on something and Richard Gere had to prop her up.

by Anonymousreply 5710/30/2013

I agree with the pro -- for once I think she's made herself look better. I never got her look before.

by Anonymousreply 5810/30/2013

She looks completely different a la Jennifer Grey

by Anonymousreply 5910/30/2013

[quote]Isn't Joni Mitchell Sami too?

Yes, both Joni's Norwegian father and Renée's Norwegian mother are Sami.

[quote]And how is it 'racist' to make fun of people who are pretty much whiter than white?

Despite being what we might conventionally think of as "white", Sami have distinctive ethnic features, including what are commonly considered by "Asian eyes" by Westerners.

by Anonymousreply 6010/30/2013

Side by side comparison. She looks MUCH better.

by Anonymousreply 6110/30/2013

Hmmm, these photos are two months apart, yet her eyes looks worked on in March but not two months later in May.

by Anonymousreply 6210/30/2013

She found the phone number to my eye doctor!

by Anonymousreply 6310/30/2013

She's not fresh and pretty anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6410/30/2013

Honestly, she looks generic. She doesn't stand out at all and that can't be good for her career. She'll probably be a shoo-in for the mom of three roles on ABC family.

by Anonymousreply 6510/30/2013

Kristen Wiig + Christina Applegate + Maria Bello + someone else I can't quite put my finger on.

by Anonymousreply 6610/30/2013

She needs to define her brows better.

by Anonymousreply 6710/30/2013

In R62's pictures it looks like she's had her head squished in. So what has she had done? Eye lift, face lift, chin something, cheek something, lip reduction?

It looks like her tits have dropped a foot, she might as well have had them done while she was at it.

by Anonymousreply 6810/30/2013

Generic now. Whether you found her cute or ugly she was distinctive looking. Now she's just blah.

by Anonymousreply 6910/30/2013

Thanks for the side by side R62. Yes, I guess she does look objectively better in a quite generic kind of way, but how will people know who she is without her trademark puckered look.

by Anonymousreply 7010/30/2013

I wonder if the puckered pout was just a bad habit on her part. Her face looks so much more relaxed now.

by Anonymousreply 7110/30/2013

She does look a tad like Liv Ullmann.

by Anonymousreply 7210/30/2013

But she wasn't squinty when she was young. Here's a HS photo.

This may be a naive question, but is it possibly that excessive botox could have caused some swelling and squintiness?

by Anonymousreply 7310/30/2013

I think some of it is squinting at the flashes as well. In movies, she doesn't have the squintiness.

by Anonymousreply 7410/30/2013

She was looking pretty harsh. She needed a tune up:

by Anonymousreply 7510/30/2013

R75, I have seen her in person with no flashes around. Still squinty.

by Anonymousreply 7610/30/2013

Her mouth was always kinda weird looking too, like she'd just bit into a lemon. That's gone also.

by Anonymousreply 7710/30/2013

Cheek implants and maybe a facelift. Cheeks don't just get bigger by magic (I should know). I think she looks MUCH better. My eyes used to hurt just looking at her. I want to know who did her eyes--very good job. You do get squinty after a while--age will do that to ya, Sami or not.

by Anonymousreply 7810/30/2013

[quote] Yes, both Joni's Norwegian father and Renée's Norwegian mother are Sami.

No, Joni's not. This was dispelled years ago. Squinty might well be, though.

by Anonymousreply 7910/30/2013

I must not be the brightest tool in the shed, what is Sami short for??

by Anonymousreply 8010/30/2013

I never thought she was bad looking to begin with. And her squintiness made her unique and separated her from the pack.

by Anonymousreply 8110/30/2013

Sami isn't really short for anything. It refers to an ethnic group that is indigenous to Scandinavia.

by Anonymousreply 8210/30/2013

OH...and we were supposed to know that?

by Anonymousreply 8310/30/2013

She's finally growing into her features...

by Anonymousreply 8410/30/2013

The original pic no longer shows up and nobody even knows what Sami is. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 8510/30/2013

She's also out on some needed weight.

by Anonymousreply 8610/31/2013

This is Meg Ryan-level malpractice, only Meg was still working when her face was...recreated.

by Anonymousreply 8710/31/2013

Does anyone know the name of the doctor who performed her surgery? Just curious, no reason.

by Anonymousreply 8810/31/2013

Now no one will be able to tell when she's been smoking pot.

by Anonymousreply 8910/31/2013

I always thought she was pretty and refreshingly unique in her looks. I can't imagine being famous and having to hear/ read all the negative comments about ones appearance. Though these people are famous, they are still human and the constant degradation has to take a toll.

I often wonder how people can be so critical of others especially when what they are criticizing is out of the person's control ( ie, eye shape, penis size, skin color, nose size, etc.).

Such degradation is nothing short of bullying. I learned how crappy it feels to be bullied and won't do that to anyone else. Words hurt.

I don't care how fat or skinny you are, how big or small your penis is, or what color you are - I look beyond the superficial.

by Anonymousreply 9010/31/2013

She looks like a cross between Carrie Fisher and Liv Ullman.

by Anonymousreply 9110/31/2013

Her eye lift looks great.

by Anonymousreply 9210/31/2013

Salman Rushdie did it

by Anonymousreply 9310/31/2013

She looks like JK Rowling.

by Anonymousreply 9410/31/2013

Her face is a bit shiny but i dont think she looks bad. Shes probably trying to restart her film career and her squinty look had given way to a tired haggard look now that she is in her forties. She looked like hell at the oscars a few months ago but looks better now.

by Anonymousreply 9510/31/2013

Drinking and depression issues. She and Nicole nosedived fast. They are so over it's shocking.

by Anonymousreply 9610/31/2013

Fuck, now I can't dress like her on Halloween!!!

by Anonymousreply 9710/31/2013

She looks good, but she looks like someone else entirely. It's odd and disconcerting.

by Anonymousreply 9810/31/2013

This remains me when Jennifer Grey got a nose job, and was unrecognizable after the surgery.

by Anonymousreply 9910/31/2013

I always liked her. She seems harmless and not deserving of all the shit that came her way. I thought she was adorable in Jerry McGuire, she has proven herself to be a darn good actress. I guess it was the anorexia that did her in, people just piled on. I have never heard anybody say a bad word about her. Except for Kathy Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 10010/31/2013

Exactly Baby! JenniferGrey syndrome all the way!

by Anonymousreply 10110/31/2013

I think Renee looks good, and looks NORMAL for once in her sourpuss life.

Jennifer Grey apparently had a LOT more done than just her nose. It's something called "the Jewish triangle" that plastic surgeons know about but only share with their Jewish clients (that's how jews are) where all traces of Jewish ethnicity (usually tied to Eastern Europe) are removed. Generally it's the nose, cheekbone and chin that are altered to give more acceptable / less Jewey appearance. In Jennifer's case, she came out looking completely ordinary and, adding to her bland acting skills, was the reason for her career drying up.

by Anonymousreply 10210/31/2013

Renee actually looks a bit like Robin Wright in OP's link.

by Anonymousreply 10310/31/2013

Jennifer's nose was very distinct, but I think she just the wrong nose. I doubt she had anything else done. There was nothing wrong with her face. She was a cute girl but would never be leading lady. Her Dad got his shnoz hacked off too.

by Anonymousreply 10410/31/2013

I agree with R101.

Zelwegger is a good actress and was for a while an adventurous one. I think there is a lot of insecurity there - some love and drug and eating issues. She just looked strange for a while, and those Carolina Herrera straight-jacket dresses did her image no favours. She has a gymnasts body and a full face. She doesn't do glamour well. She tried too hard, but I think she had charm and depth as an actress.

You look good Renee, get up. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

by Anonymousreply 10510/31/2013

[quote] You look good Renee, get up. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

I agree. She was never as nauseating as, say, Waxwork Kidman.

by Anonymousreply 10610/31/2013

Renee doesn't look bad at all now, she just doesn't look like Renee AT ALL! Had I not known that was her, I wouldn't know wth that is.

She really does look like Liv Ullmann.

by Anonymousreply 10710/31/2013

R106 - She does not have a gymnast's body. She never did.

by Anonymousreply 10810/31/2013

First, thanks to everyone who mentioned her Sami/Lapp roots - I didn't know anything at all about the Sami (Renee's) historical ethnic heritage and the Wiki page is so interesting and enlightening... photos of fellow Sami helped explain her white yet exotic looks and the picture of the Sami storage-house with the chicken-feet was fascinating for someone interested in the myth of the Baba Yaga.

Well, she wiped much of that out with her surgery. She's still quite attractive... but what made her physically distinctive and intriguing has been cut out, and she looks like, I don't know, Diane Lane's distant older aunt.

by Anonymousreply 10910/31/2013

R110 - Diane is about five years older.

by Anonymousreply 11010/31/2013

Dumb cunt R111 doesn't get what r110 was trying to say.

by Anonymousreply 11110/31/2013

I don't think the Jennifer Grey comparisons are on point. Grey fucked up her face at the *peak* of her career, before she was even 30. Renee simply had a botched series of after-40 procedures that left her looking perfectly fine but ... well, completely different. This is not a new phenomenon. Look up some pics of Jessica Lange in her "Tootsie" years versus now, or Michelle Pfeiffer 30 years ago as well. Hell, look closely at the women who are thought to have had *good* plastic surgery, like Sandra Bullock, and you'll see they look "different" as well, just less perceptively so. (Sandy's had an upper/lower eye job that's given her a vaguely "Asian look" versus before. Ditto Sarah Jessica Parker.)

I also don't think there's any realistic way of calling her career a "fluke." Unlike many of her peers, she has actual *talent* as well as the ability to successfully pull off a variety of roles, from romcom ("Jerry Maguire") to indie drama ("Nurse Betty") to slapstick farce ("Me, Myself & Irene") to Oscar bait ("Cold Mountain") to musical ("Chicago"). Hell, she managed to successfully pull off one of the most well-known *British* literary characters of the past 20 years, Bridget Jones, and the chick grew up in Houston! (And if you think it's easy for romcom stars to pull off drama, remember the horror that was Julia Roberts in "Mary Reilly." Or Reese Witherspoon in "Water for Elephants." Or Sarah Jessica Parker in "Secretariat.")

The Meg Ryan comparisons are simply cruel. Renee can still walk in public without scaring young children. Meg still looks like she's auditioning to play The Joker.

by Anonymousreply 11210/31/2013

She definitely had an upper blepharoplasty. Lots of Asians have the same surgery so their eyes will appear more "western". Aggressive eye surgery is a great way to appear unrecognizable.

by Anonymousreply 11311/01/2013

Oh no. The squinty eyes were just a feature of her heritage, which is Saami (Lapon for some people). This is the same as Asian girls having surgery to make their eyes more European. Same as Michael Jackson, really.

This is so depressing. Everyone wanting to look like the dominant culture in the world. Impossible to imagine how violent this must be to have this kind of end result.

by Anonymousreply 11411/02/2013

And to all the DLers who don't give a shit about anyone's heritage, and the fact that we don't all look the same... Losers, all of you. Don't even know about the world we live in. Don't care. Only have an interest in your little lives. What pathetic, small-minded people you must be to be around. And not to mention depressingly shallow.

by Anonymousreply 11511/02/2013

Omg who the fuck is that?!

by Anonymousreply 11611/02/2013

I never got what the big deal was about her anyway. She wasn't terrible but shit someone in Hollywood wanted to make her happen. Same with Minnie Driver.

by Anonymousreply 11711/02/2013

If you don't look like who you are in the previous 25 years of movie making -some big ones too-because of Plastic surgery...then the Jennifer Grey syndrome is spot on. Potential career suicide. Even Jane Fonda still looks for the most part as she always has after some heavy duty surgery...and she is 30 yrs older!

by Anonymousreply 11811/02/2013

Who is she? Who was she? Who does she hope to be?

by Anonymousreply 11911/06/2013

Once again, DL was about a year ahead of the straight world.

by Anonymousreply 12010/21/2014

R7 Renee played Jane Wyatt in a movie 4 years ago?!

by Anonymousreply 12110/21/2014

I think she took Tracy Ullman's lampoon of her to heart. I remember when this scene from her then new show STATE OF THE UNION originally aired, Letterman asked Zellwegger about Ullman's spot-on impersonation and she seemed annoyed/not pleased about it.

by Anonymousreply 12210/21/2014

Article about Renee's reaction and Ullman's response:

by Anonymousreply 12310/21/2014

Sure, unlike Meg Ryan or Lara Flynn Boyle, Renee can still go out in public. Now more than ever, because no one has any idea who the fuck she is!

It's like Rock Hudson in "Seconds," for God's sake - she looks like a completely different human being, and not a very interesting one either. And while she looks 'normal' for the most part if nondescript, up close there is clearly some work and creepy puffiness. Look at the shot of her with Sarah Paulson today vs. the one back in the early 2000s - Sarah has a look on her face like 'who the fuck is this?'

It's sad. Wasn't she also involved with some dude (Jack Black?) where she had to turn herself into some sort of dark haired Goth lolita type a few years ago? That was the precursor to this.

by Anonymousreply 12410/21/2014

Renée Zellweger to PEOPLE: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'

by Anonymousreply 12510/22/2014

She looks like Kristin Wiig!

by Anonymousreply 12610/23/2014

Here are photos of her over the last few years.. When did she get"it" done?

by Anonymousreply 12710/23/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!